Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

 

49 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Again, sorry we cannot simulate the luftwaffe being outnumbered.

 

Of course it can be done, you can hard cap the LW team at 35 players.  You might think that's wrong, but it can be done.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

What?  That isn't what they are named after.  It's 2nd Singing Squadron.  Singing squadrons were a part of the real VVS during the war, they were musicians.

 

Don't be so hasty to jump to conclusions, especially as a foreigner.


My apologies. Thank you for the correction.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

...Of course it can be done, you can hard cap the LW team at 35 players.  You might think that's wrong, but it can be done.

 

Sure - when you start a server! However it won't happen with TAW - so it's not up to you.

 

Also - Just checked your name on the TAW Supporters page and I don't see it - Freeloader! As your callsign doesn't start with =LG= nor StG2, you have no say here!

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Sure - when you start a server! However it won't happen with TAW - so it's not up to you. गधा

 

 

I don't see your name in the credits, friend.  Regardless, you made a statement on what COULD be done, and it was wrong.  Marica. Don't know if you'll be able to google translate that one, sadly.  Ask around?

32 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Also - Just checked your name on the TAW Supporters page and I don't see it - Freeloader! As your callsign doesn't start with =LG= nor StG2, you have no say here!

 

Not this campaign, no.  Didn't you used to taunt the TAW devs about them losing your lunch money?  Or do I have you confused with someone else? 

 

Anyway, think about the first part of your post and then think about the second part.  Then maybe a few more times over the course of a few days, make some flash cards and then maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

I don't see your name in the credits, friend.  Regardless, you made a statement on what COULD be done, and it was wrong.  Marica. Don't know if you'll be able to google translate that one, sadly.  Ask around?

 

 

Not this campaign, no.  Didn't you used to taunt the TAW devs about them loosing your lunch money?  Or do I have you confused with someone else?

 

If I don't care what it means - I guess I still win! :)

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

If I don't care what it means - I guess I still win! :)

 

 

Well, things are looking up for your 'type' so I suppose yes you do!  Also, I am on that list, I didn't realise it lists all donations and not just this campaign.  it's not under my username.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

Well, things are looking up for your 'type' so I suppose yes you do!  Also, I am on that list, I didn't realise it lists all donations and not just this campaign.  it's not under my username.

 

Dude, I am just yanking your chain man - we are cool!

Also, once the Spitfire XIV comes out - I will be flying it for the RED side - I'll be Sqn_91_X-Man (just dropped a hint on what my "type" is) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can tell as a very new pilot to TAW that the argument that the Germans couldn't/Shouldn't attack during the Christmas break doesn't stick if this (as according to this new player's impression) server is also under the pretense of being historically accurate most of the time.

 

There is a reason Operation Bodenplatte happened on the 1st of January after all, Wars don't care about your hang over...

And if you want to argue game play over historical accuracy then the Axis players have every right to argue VVS being out numbered is fine as the numbers of players wanting to play said sides speak for themselves.

Edited by Southernbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Southernbear said:

From what I can tell as a very new pilot to TAW that the argument that the Germans couldn't/Shouldn't attack during the Christmas break doesn't stick if this (as according to this new player's impression) server is also under the pretense of being historically accurate most of the time.

 

There is a reason Operation Bodenplatte happened on the 1st of January after all, Wars don't care about your hang over...

And if you want to argue game play over historical accuracy then the Axis players have every right to argue VVS being out numbered is fine as the numbers of players wanting to play said sides speak for themselves.


I think you are misunderstanding. The argument was that the server was closed over Christmas break when many blues couldn’t fly due to holiday commitments, but it was open over New Year when many reds couldn’t fly due to holiday commitments.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Southernbear said:

From what I can tell as a very new pilot to TAW that the argument that the Germans couldn't/Shouldn't attack during the Christmas break doesn't stick if this (as according to this new player's impression) server is also under the pretense of being historically accurate most of the time.

 

There is a reason Operation Bodenplatte happened on the 1st of January after all, Wars don't care about your hang over...

And if you want to argue game play over historical accuracy then the Axis players have every right to argue VVS being out numbered is fine as the numbers of players wanting to play said sides speak for themselves.

It would be fair to make either two breaks or none. From map number 1 to map number 5, everything was fair and the Reds played calmly against a large number of blue players. They were not stopped by the fact that the blue side has better planes, more convenient location of airfields and warehouses, convoys are not destroyed by submarines, paratroopers dropzone. 

But when one side deprives the other of the opportunity to attack because of the holidays, but then took advantage of the absence of the enemy in a similar situation, it was perceived as a dishonest reception.

Of course you can be proud of winning a campaign in which the enemy refused to play with you. If there are no other reasons for pride, then this one will do ))

In my message above, I just explained the reason for the absence of many red players on the last two maps. 

I think it's pretty clear now. I will not repeat this subject again. You just need to understand that a lot of people will not play a game that is considered unfair. You just need to draw the right conclusions from this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:


I think you are misunderstanding. The argument was that the server was closed over Christmas break when many blues couldn’t fly due to holiday commitments, but it was open over New Year when many reds couldn’t fly due to holiday commitments.

Ahhh fair enough...well thats just the the penny drops I guess...frankly in my opinion then as I've heard this server can take a month to get new missions ect having a blanketed 2 or 3 week break from like the 20th of Dec to like the 10th or so of Jan didn't seem all that had to do

 

 

But of course its up to the Admins and I assume they just didn't consider it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

In my message above, I just explained the reason for the absence of many red players on the last two maps

I don't see objective reason to be absent.
Removed the salad from face and into battle))))

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt , maybe stop server on new year next time will be a nice detail for no feed this kind of debate. But i think this is not the main reasson for blue victory.

My proposition is ; non stop server by any reasson , same tractament for all religions , ignore all . But this is a private server as i read before. 

 

I want congrat to blue side for victory , crimea maps are a simply present for blues , and as i read some great red squads stop to play, then maybe is one of the most easy victories of TAW history..  , but for sure  need some effort ( less than ever ) but some effort is needed. I say more. Thx to LW side for your fast victory on crimea. I think for all is clear how crapy is this map... on terms of competitivity . For sure next edition, or in future editions, we will see interesting changes on crimea maps. 

 

As i wrote before.... this edition was hard affect by last patch. 

 

For usually red players, like me, TAW have  some points where can be more balanced.  TAW isnt a  historicity question , and all who defend it simply dont want accept  things... for start we dont have a complete planetset for recreate it , and of course dont talk about quorums... then, many things can do on planetset for balance situacion. I hope some tunning will be done.

 

Last patch decreasses drastically chances of survive for all players,  and this thing  was more noticed for red side....  Assuming both sides have same skills, we fly with worst planes , we have worst ammo , and of course we death more, is logical. No problem. But this situation becomes more critical from last patch- Reds need deal and learn under new conditions .  I assume if this situation dont changes, for mantain some balance on TAW , maybe reds will need more pilots and planes. We will see.

 

About BoP taw.  I really thing are a important percentage of blue players, they simply play blue because is more  .... let my select right words ....  funny have the  fastest plane, the best climber,  the best g tolerance and the guns more big.... yes this is right.... thet simply like win and let the challenge for masoquish people.  This people move to red for sure... and blue will be outnumbered.... i hope im wrong,  thats one of the reasson for what i vote for include BoP on actually TAW and DONT made other different.

 

For end, to suggetions more about stats.

 

1.- Include a parachute kill top 5 -- 

 

Yes! is time to play, forgot moralish and idiotic concepts like "honor" etc, etc.  But here are some older people like me , we learn to play here with all respect to other players and we consider kill a pilot in a chute isnt a dogfihgt... dogfights was ended before... kill a player in a chute is more for shooters than sims...  People like my dont help to team . Pilots are a vital resource, TAW rules promote they by killed.  I proposse a TOP 5 parachute killers list to encourage all to play same game all of us.   I think i have to actuallice my software ( hardware is imposible ) and lear to play modern games with modern people.   I can consider, TAW offer my something similar to Star citizen  and combine flying experience with shotter experience... for example. I need enjoy it!  little trhick for reprograming older minds.

 

2.- Separate stats for red and blue side.

 

Yes. I like see more red stars on stats.  But more important. You dont think is a unffair comparative ? and maybe we can recover some of the genuine "spirit" about kill rankings. They exist and use, but i think was for they own army. And going to History.... look number....  best LW pilots have like 300 kills.... and best VVS 60 ( numbers dont exactly ) 

 

Thats all.

 

Again.

Congrats to Blue side.

All new red players for next edition are really welcome.

 

THX to all people made posible another TAW,

 

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else feel killing of tanks as a victory condition should come back?

 

Those maps tend to drag on forever and ending in a draw, even if one team kills a lot more tanks first is quite unsatisfactory imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

Anyone else feel killing of tanks as a victory condition should come back?

 

Those maps tend to drag on forever and ending in a draw, even if one team kills a lot more tanks first is quite unsatisfactory imo. 

 

I don't think so. Only one thing we need is small changes for the red plane set (Map 3, 4, 5, 6).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

I don't think so. Only one thing we need is small changes for the red plane set (Map 3, 4, 5, 6).

And the location of rear airfields on the map of Kuban. Imagine two situations in which the blue had only two airfields and the red. The distances between them are not comparable. The blue ones can easily protect a closed airfield by taking off from a worker. Red for this will have to overcome half of the map. About warehouses that can be covered by flying between them, here already wrote.

 

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

And the location of rear airfields on the map of Kuban. Imagine two situations in which the blue had only two airfields and the red. The distances between them are not comparable. The blue ones can easily protect a closed airfield by taking off from a worker. Red for this will have to overcome half of the map. About warehouses that can be covered by flying between them, here already wrote.

 

My point is that the red team was able to win starting from every timestamp on the last map (Ok, not for 8 last hours).  But you need players for that. No players = no chances.

 

Small example of wrong action of our team:

Sorties  Kuban #613, we killed almost all AAAs at Krasnodar but after that just left the server. What is right? Better do not attack it at all, if you will not finish it later.

 

P.S: Seems that AAAs are not included in the AF damage counter. We killed about 10 AAAs, the AF was damaged for 0%.

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

My point is that the red team was able to win starting from every timestamp on the last map (Ok, not for 8 last hours).  But you need players for that. No players = no chances.

This is clearly not equal conditions for the defense of two rear airfields, even if the number of players will be equal on each side.

20200113_155622.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

This is clearly not equal conditions for the defense of two rear airfields, even if the number of players will be equal on each side.

 

 

I see it in different way. 

 

You should fly only 30 km to kill these tanks. The blue team should fly 80..90km. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

I see it in different way. 

 

You should fly only 30 km to kill these tanks. The blue team should fly 80..90km. 

I'm talking about a situation where you have to defend the last two airfields. Which team is easier to do this? The distance between the Vyselki and Mirskaya is about the same as between Anapa and Taman. And this we still do not take into account the possibility of capturing the airfield by paratroopers.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

This is clearly not equal conditions for the defense of two rear airfields, even if the number of players will be equal on each side.

20200113_155622.jpg

 

Problem solved.

 

kuban.jpg.26d3cc992c301443814508ce0dd54d75.jpg

Edited by =L/R=todeskvlt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, =L/R=todeskvlt said:

Problem solved.

The Reds will definitely win this map in a year, if you forget to take the Christmas break and the Blues will not be on the server for two days 😁

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Norz said:

P.S: Seems that AAAs are not included in the AF damage counter. We killed about 10 AAAs, the AF was damaged for 0%.

 

Yes, AA are not included into AF damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, i congratulate all pilots and immensely thank the LG devs and everyone involved in making this server happen. This was my 3rd or 4th TAW campaign and it has been by far the most enjoyable, despite flying on the undermanned side.  Mostly because this round on the english TS for red side, there were at least 6-8 pilots almost consistently on prime time, which made bombing/attack raids with fighter escort possible. I thank the GCA, FLAPs squads and all the other guys that made it happen. I believe this is how TAW should be played.

 

That said, i do think some changes in planeset, mission design or a more active role from admins in assigning squads to teams for balance must be implemented.

 

I agree with some of the planeset proposals voiced above, but the BIGGEST problem to me is why the BF 110 is a +1 recoverable plane throughout most of the campaign. It defeats any purpose of including the Stuka in the set, in the first place , and have a decent ground attacker at the start of every mission without worrying about losing it. It is like the luftwaffe is setup to have the fighter and bomber aircraft to fly and fight with little risk and high reward. The il 2 doesn't fair much better than the stuka when the FW come 'round. Furthermore, in comparison, the red fighter lagg 3 +1 aircraft has to fight +1 109 f4s...I also think removing that status for the 110 will offset some of the imbalances, forcing the erich hartmann wheraboos to come down from the stratosphere and enjoy a little risk to protect the Stukas from time to time, if they want to win the ground war. 

Anyways, just my thoughts and suggestions towards making TAW a bit more enjoyable.

 

Again, thank you all and till next round folks!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time i see someone flying JU-87, is when they suicide bomb on some empty AF, never to log in back again.

 

No one is using JU-87 if they can help it... 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

The only time i see someone flying JU-87, is when they suicide bomb on some empty AF, never to log in back again.

 

No one is using JU-87 if they can help it... 

I agree with you. There are not many pilots who really want to reach much in their sortie. It is just too slow, underpowered and weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the controversy over the closing of Christmas, and I'm sorry that there are those who feel robbed for this. It was certainly not in the intentions of the administrators to take advantage of this to give more chance of victory to the blues. Personally me and maybe others like, play more during the holidays. For this reason I would not have closed the server and I hope it will not happen again in the future.

 

In any case, I have a lot of fun on this server, which is why I've been keeping some of the stats here for some time https://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

The only time i see someone flying JU-87, is when they suicide bomb on some empty AF, never to log in back again.

 

No one is using JU-87 if they can help it... 

I don't give two shits about what the luftwaffe pilots decide to take after they lose their planes. I give a shit about both sides being somewhat equally punished for being sloppy. In this case, LW are not as they get a fast twin engine fighter-bomber at the start of each mission, regardless of they perform on their previous one... And in the later stages of campaign LW bombers have quite a few options to choose from...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSW thanks all teammates and adversaries for their fierce campaign.

 

I would have a balance tip:
Reduce negative points (KIA, Capture, Ditched) according to server balance. As is the case with the item of lives.

Edited by CSW_606_Druindin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

I don't give two shits about what the luftwaffe pilots decide to take after they lose their planes. I give a shit about both sides being somewhat equally punished for being sloppy. In this case, LW are not as they get a fast twin engine fighter-bomber at the start of each mission, regardless of they perform on their previous one... And in the later stages of campaign LW bombers have quite a few options to choose from...

 

Axis has no reason to use JU-87

 

It does nothing that 110 or JU-88 dont do, better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Axis has no reason to use JU-87

 

It does nothing that 110 or JU-88 dont do, better. 

 

The Il-2 is better than the Ju-87, but something similar could be said about the VVS not needing to fly the Il-2 when the Pe-2 and A-20 are available. However, VVS pilots can never have more than 3 Pe-2s and A-20s combined and those twin-engined bombers are not +1 planes. On maps 3-5 the Axis can have 4 110s/Ju-88s combined with the 110 being a +1,  and on maps 6-8 then can go through 5 of those better planes (with the 110 still a +1 plane) before getting to the Ju-87 at the bottom of the barrel.

 

The only time when I flew a Stuka on the blue side a couple campaigns ago was when I felt safe with the blues having a very big numbers advantage on the map and I wanted the 1000kg bomb.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Ju-87 and IL-2: We simply have too many better alternatives cf Ju-88 and Pe-2.

 

If the fast bombers were just 0/1 - we might see more of the others.

 

Same rule is applied to the fighters already... 

 

 

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Axis has no reason to use JU-87

 

It does nothing that 110 or JU-88 dont do, better. 

No shit sherlock. Unless you force them. My previous post was about removing the +1on 110s. Now, I´d like to the LW to be forced to use the ju 87 from time to time, but with all the options its hard. So at least take away the +1...

Edited by ACG_Vietkong
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was my first campaign, I played focused on ground strike.

 

In my view the blue side had difficulty advancing on the Stalingrad map.

 

About the number of players on the server in only a few hours the red side was bigger than the blue.

 

The addition of 1944 and 1945 maps on the western front would be good.

 

Next time my group will be on the red side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little suggestion re taxiing post-mission

With the immersion that TAW brings (thinking mainly in terms of really wanting to stay alive), it seems like  a shallow ending to missions to hit End Mission once landed and maybe having taxiied off the runway a few meters.

 

Has it been considered to make some points available to taxi post-landing to within say 30m of a hangar? Like 3 points even. There's no motive to do that at the moment as it comes of course with the risk of being strafed, bombed, taxiing into something or having someone taxi into you in addition to the time taken. Just saying that it would be a good option to have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 4:59 PM, SCG_Limbo said:

There's a strong possibility that SCG will fly Red next TAW.  If we switch, and 72AG flies Red as they usually do, then I would be willing to bet that Reds win next campaign.


If SCG and 72AG stay Blue but Kathon applies the changes we are discussing in private next TAW (side limit %; and vvs planeset) VVS will win  next edition with the same people

we had on this one.

 

With the limiting in quorum SCG and friends won’t be able to stack the server at US prime time, and no critical damage will be done to the map cause 15-2 server population won’t be allowed anymore.

 

But yes, if i could choose, i’d love to have =KK= and 72AG on the red side, imo those two are the best squads in TAW

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Txs to all for this campaign..

2 simple questions.

-When next TAW will start again?

-BOBp map will be included in the next TAW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

2 simple questions.

-When next TAW will start again?

-BOBp map will be included in the next TAW?

 

No one knows, we have to wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...