=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Thank you for the campaign. I have enjoyed it immensely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That was a looooong one, i really need a break now! ūüėĀ Thanks to the TAW-Team and all participants. Also big thanks to the pilots of the Red Team who kept on fighting to the very end, even though they were outnumbererd a lot of times! See you all next campaign. Really curious about what Kathon and his boys have in mind for future Campaigns...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks all for this TAW campaing, it was really difficult  for me with new G-force, i hope that red tema on next war will have more pilots, and =LG= team will made this project better and more balanced.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, AKA_Relent said:

Looks like you just posted a short while ago.  Just checking the main TAW page, the blue side is full, and I saw you in the Missions page for the current map as blue.  You were probably kicked due to that (blue side full), as I believe there is a short penalty to prevent you from retrying over and over again.  You’ll just have to wait until you see that your side isn’t full, then try again.

Thank you for the answer. It turned out this was exactly the case. It seems to me that I was too busy recalibrating my trackir and didn't see the server notifications. ^^

Thank you all for the campaign. I prepared general comparison for you. Enjoy the numbers.

TAWXX-numbers.thumb.jpg.673ad54e76837cc4ad8db637e0c54cbf.jpg

* Players that flew more than 10 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

Thank you for TAW, it was great fun flying! :)

Good luck with the next campaign. 

I flew 10 missions ,

killed 4 ground targets,

killed 2 of the UBER pilots, 666GIAP_Tumu and =VP=Alex-ru_en

only got shot down 1 time by a human player and it was in a HE111 by AI-AAA and a P40 combo. Congrats E69_Lefra935

3 KIA credits to AI AAA 

ditched once

Then I bitched about how bad this server has become with the new rules of Side balance hold offs, lack of players actually playing any longer, AI being too UBER, and generally pissing every fan boi of TAW off. 

Now I see folks saying it took too long for the war to happen. Sometimes it happens.  Sometimes you just need to look at recent changes and decide if you want to change a few things back to the way they were or if you leave them where not as many want to play that way. 

Working with the Coconuts and using the manual from IL2 on building servers I have come to the conclusion that you can turn off the AI in aircraft, you can remove AI-AAA randomness from the game, while protecting cities and airfields from vulture attacks.  I also know that you can turn up and down the accuracy of AI-AAA on a case by case build.  You can build UBER AI at the airfield and good AI around towns, and even the AI that if it hit would make Mr. Magoo look like a marksman.

Good luck on your next build and I'm sure I'll be back to try it and of course make you crazy here on the forums.

>S<

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, =L/R=todeskvlt said:

Thank you all for the campaign. I prepared general comparison for you. Enjoy the numbers.

* Players that flew more than 10 hours.

Wow. Can we get the same chart, but pro map?

P.S: Can I get the raw data?

Edited by Norz

8 minutes ago, 361st_Cooper said:

gg for the campaign, it was my first one ever haha, im pretty new to TAW, how long is it til a new campaign starts normally?

In a month or two

19 minutes ago, 361st_Cooper said:

gg for the campaign, it was my first one ever haha, im pretty new to TAW, how long is it til a new campaign starts normally?

+1 week

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Norz said:

Wow. Can we get the same chart, but pro map?

P.S: Can I get the raw data?

I compared only general data, rather as a curiosity.

Thanks for the campaign! 

This was in fact first time I have been participating the campaign for most of its duration. On one hand it¬īs more realistical experience than lets say WoL. But the immersion is wasted by amount of players which are acting like animals....

• Upvote 1

Regardless of who won - didn't we all have a great time doing what we love to do best???

(Well almost the thing we love to do best!!!)

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I had a ton of fun in this campaign. This was the first one i played from the start until the end. I just love how rewarding TAW is when everything goes right and how frustrating it is when nothing goes right. It really makes you overthink some things twice. I am really excited for the next campaign! Thank you guys.

This is the first campaign that I didn't finish because of the unfair treatment of the red team

So did many other red squads pilots.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

This is the first campaign that I didn't finish because of the unfair treatment of the red team

So did many other red squads pilots.

crying-cat.jpg.25af2c5690eb2feeb4eedc9f488def9a.jpg

• Haha 14

Congrats to the Luftwaffe. Thanks for the intense fight. I think it was the longest ever campaign i joined. Thanks to the Admins for offering us such an immersive scenario.

I personally think you did a great job in limiting side stacking...in the end it is ultimately the responsibilty of the community to balance numbers.

I am looking forward to the next and am exited if and how you will implement the bodenplatte planes and map.¬†ūüėĀ...

i'll be around anyway!¬†ūüėė

Edited by Paulshow2

31 minutes ago, =L/R=todeskvlt said:

crying-cat.jpg.25af2c5690eb2feeb4eedc9f488def9a.jpg

I think the blue team liked map 8 the most.

If nothing changes, the next campaign will be just as interesting, without the red squads. Some of the blue ones will have to turn red))

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I think the blue team liked map 8 the most.

If nothing changes, the next campaign will be just as interesting, without the red squads. Some of the blue ones will have to turn red))

No i enjoyed the first Stalingrad map the most.

I had fun, thanks to all participants! My goal is to fly with my squad and we had some very nice missions. Winning is secondary to me. Or maybe third most important priority. This time the side that did not give up, won and deserved it.

• Haha 4

Also, thank you all for flying together regardless of the final result;) A good job, administrators! I look forward to the next session

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

When the BoP TAW comes out, axis will finally get the taste of what it feels like to be constantly under manned :dance:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

When the BoP TAW comes out, axis will finally get the taste of what it feels like to be constantly under manned :dance:

When the Bop TAW comes out, one thing will not change... your whining on the forum. That's for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

It`s great when people have something positive to look forward to :dance:

Although looking at Combat Box stats for example, it looks pretty much even. Which is good.

32 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Agreed! I for one will be staying away unless simplified Physiology = ON!

21 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Agreed! I for one will be staying away unless simplified Physiology = ON!

What, you dont like the magical G-string +1 of stamina all P-51 pilots will be wearing :crazy:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

This time the side that did not give up, won and deserved it.

In fact, the team that took a break for the holidays just for themselves won.

In this campaign the blue was the¬† weakest¬†team in the history of TAW¬†ūüėĀ

Which was able to play honestly only from 1 to 5 maps. But if someone is happy with such victories, then congratulations))

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

In this campaign the blue was the kpba team in the history of TAW¬†ūüėĀ

That's a good way to describe being drunk from 31st to 8th. C Novom Godom!¬†ūüėĀ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

In this campaign the blue was the¬† weakest¬†team in the history of TAW¬†ūüėĀ

Aah, there we go again.. That bitterness makes this victory taste so good.

It was 3-2 before the last map with two draws. You just couldn`t take it and gave up like p***y. Don`t blame us, I would be embarrassed if I were you.

Edited by LLv24_Zami

3 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Don`t blame us, I would embarrassed if I were you.

I just don't waste my time playing with weaklings who can't play fair. You can't beat anyone, so enjoy this fake success ))

• Haha 1

Just now, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I just don't waste my time playing with weaklings who can't play fair. You can't beat anyone, so enjoy this fake success ))

No, you just like to give up and lose. You know how people like that are called :dance:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

No, you just like to give up and lose. You know how people like that are called :dance:

I respect those who play and win fairly. But you're weak, so you don't know what it is. Your joy is pathetic))

• Haha 1

Guys this is should be a discussion about the server not about insulting teams/players or anything else.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JuliMonkey said:

Guys this is should be a discussion about the server not about insulting teams/players or anything else.

Agreed.

There's a strong possibility that SCG will fly Red next TAW.  If we switch, and 72AG flies Red as they usually do, then I would be willing to bet that Reds win next campaign.

I played tve red side. I got 9 air kills registered and 2 more not registered beacause disconnect midflight. I lost about 20 or 30 planes. I got killed maybe 15 times. I felt outgunned about every time fighting. 

And yet 90% of my lost planes and lives was simply me being bad pilot. 10% was some freak 1km+ random snipes hitting and getting me killed. 

Sure, almost exclusively our team was heavily outnumbered during the times i am able to play. Sure i felt frustrated a lot. Sure, i could whine that we were outgunned and outnumbered, but ffs i chose to play red. Me. I made the decision myself. 

Crying to internet strangers of life being unfair is pathetic and sad. Just as is the chest beating and boasting of winning in internet games. 

Tyvm for awesome server. Tyvm for playing on it. Now keep month or two pause and start again. If you are adding bobp planes, as i hope, pls consider to cut it shorter from beginning or middle. 2 months is quite hard. 

• Upvote 1

First of all, congrats to all of you guys, server and pilots.

It felt to me like a really nice TAW this time, quite balance honestly, we had our 109s at the beginning they had their mighty enterprise, I mean Pe2s, I believe Soviets tanks are harder to destroy than Germans ones and AAA really made an impression on us the first time we raided an airfield with some Jabos.

We all know generally speaking soviet planes are in disadvantage most of the maps, but that's life, make the better with what you have, and show what you can do.

I was really surprised with those massive vvs attacks on airfields where they manage to get 8-12 planes at the same time, Jabos, bombers and fighters bringing havoc and the blues trying to send fighters ASAP to the area, most of the time arriving late or too low and disperse to actually have any chance of repelling the attack, bravo!

Next TAW my squadron is going to fly red, we actually try to alternate, hope we have a balance team and we can enjoy this server as much as we have been doing for the last few years.

Thank you all guys, keep working.

(and stop complaining, this is actually one if not the best server for BoX)

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I stopped playing after map number 6, when I considered that the game had become dishonest, because the blue won this (very difficult for the reds) map while by the red team celebrated the new year and there was no break. But before this, a Christmas break was made, when the red ones at the very beginning of the Kuban map captured one airfield and disabled several others.  

I am not the only one who made such a decision. If you notice, then many red squad pilots have stopped logging on to the server. Most of them are Russian-speaking and therefore do not write about it on this forum.

Just some context on this to everyone why may not be aware: Russia and many other post-Soviet countries don't celebrate Christmas in a serious way on the 24th-26th like most Westerners do; the big celebration for them is around New Year's and January 6th.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Thanks 1