Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

 

I get the impression that there are more blue squads with their own private communication channels, but I might be wrong.

 

Correct - other than the numbers on the website, maybe a few on Discord or TS, the others (like myself are lone wolves). I would say about of half of the numbers you see are not on comms.

We do chat chat via game channel text that you don't see obviously and just as obvious, not as effective Haha!

 

If I could get an TS/Discord overlay for IL-2 GB that won't inped my spotting (...which is harder than real life right now LOL), I would get back on comms again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So how exactly blue have more total tanks than red now? How does that resupply thing worked to fill the Red initial advantage and get even more in total?

Edited by Prancingkiller2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

So how exactly blue have more total tanks than red now? How does that resupply thing worked to fill the Red initial advantage and get even more in total?

Seems like a lot of folks are still not RTFM :) .  Check this out from the Manual page:

 

3.10 Warehouses and ships

Warehouses and ships are spawned and visible on the map once a few days. If not destroyed they increase limits by.

Warehouse:

· 80 aircraft

· 150 tanks

· 240 trucks

Ships:

· 135 aircraft

· 225 tanks

· 360 trucks

Damaged or partially destroyed warehouse or ships increase limits by accordingly smaller amount.


===================================
 

So it looks like the warehouse(s) on the blue side was not damaged and increased the item maximums by their full amount above, but the warehouse(s) on the red side was mostly destroyed as the red item maximums only increased a negligible amount.

Edited by AKA_Relent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

I've seen a single warehouse on Mission 578 and it was Red side, on what Mission blue had a warehouse?

Exactly!

Though i claim to sort of having understood the basic idea of resupplies by warehouses, the actual application of the number boosts is difficult to follow and might require some additional clarification...the current events suck big time, as it feels like in the last two maps blue gets rescued regularly just in time by a very fortunate warehouse boost.

i really think it is worth to check the logic and/or enlighten us further on were we are exactly missing the point, as i have myself failed to see that blue warehouse as well!

maybe an additional constraint like limiting number boost not to exceed a certain maximum percentage of the remaining assets would help to avoid that a team is fighting for killing those last remaining 5 tanks just to find the number went up by 150 just 2 missions later. 🤔

max. = 300% of remaining units but not more than 150....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ok...maybe i got it...mission #577 the warehouse west of oblivskaya?...(almost out of limits of the map?)

really?

😢

Screenshot_20200108-152121.png

it that's the whole mystery we screwed it ourselves...looks like we even would have had the numbers to go for it in that mission 😢

Edited by Paulshow2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sooo, last map blue started with advantage, and in the end they had 2 times our total tanks, now we started in advantage, and with a single warehouse mission they got more tanks then us?

Edited by Prancingkiller2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

Sooo, last map blue started with advantage, and in the end they had 2 times our total tanks, now we started in advantage, and with a single warehouse mission they got more tanks then us?

yeah...if we do not damage that warehouse...it does it's job, whereas our apparently WAS damaged and consequently only partially did it's job...we could start a whining contest about the placement of those warehouses, but we are reds and don't do that! 💪😈

Edited by Paulshow2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time just put the warehouse to the moon... or Berlin, its closer that way. :negative:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Next time just put the warehouse to the moon... or Berlin, its closer that way. :negative:

Hahaha hohohohoho you`re killing me, funny guy :rofl:

 

But seriously, moon is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do warehouses spawn for only one mission then?  If so, how many times per map?  Section 3.10 of the rules is written poorly and I have no idea what this means eactly: Warehouses and ships are spawned and visible on the map once a few days. If not destroyed they increase limits by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Next time just put the warehouse to the moon... or Berlin, its closer that way. :negative:


I love this joke, but imo that warehouse placement it’s even funnier. Probably a remanent of the infamous “blue must win edition” from mid 2018; anyone remembers?

 

It was so screwed, that a year and a half later TAW still struggles to get the balance back.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


I love this joke, but imo that warehouse placement it’s even funnier. Probably a remanent of the infamous “blue must win edition” from mid 2018; anyone remembers?

 

Ehm, no.

 

Better stuff was happening on the 1st or the 2nd map of the current campaign where the striped area with column or what was closely between two active red airfields and had a railway station right in the middle of it, which made it a nice AA one tap-wing off deadzone.

 

Unreachable rear depots are an issue on both sides, especially when one is winning.

Edited by -[HRAF]Ropalcz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do we still have tanks pushing after we exceeded the cap? Are we supposed to not have more tanks? Am i missing something or the system is struggling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

Why do we still have tanks pushing after we exceeded the cap? Are we supposed to not have more tanks? Am i missing something or the system is struggling?

 

It is divine punishment for overstacking blue side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

It is divine punishment for overstacking blue side.

You can thank me for that. My yesterdays evening prayer: Please God, let them have more tanks if it holds the whining even for a one day. Please!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just very bad, when the system stop working as it should that means someone have mess with It too much i guess, btw for next TAW i would like to suggest half admins on both sides ;)

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

And now when Axis tanks run out its another draw?

I would think so.

 

13 minutes ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

That's just very bad, when the system stop working as it should that means someone have mess with It too much i guess, btw for next TAW i would like to suggest half admins on both sides ;)

They switch sides after every campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Paulshow2 said:

ok...maybe i got it...mission #577 the warehouse west of oblivskaya?...(almost out of limits of the map?)

really?

😢

Screenshot_20200108-152121.png

it that's the whole mystery we screwed it ourselves...looks like we even would have had the numbers to go for it in that mission 😢

The location of the warehouses are close to the boarders for each sides for every map. The idea was that it's destroyed similar like the depot by level bombing so the placement is similar. It has been like that from the beginning of the TAW for about 3 years and suddenly it's a big problem?

 

However this map Stalingrad_Center was originally smaller (as some of you may remember) and ended on the city Stalingrad. There were no Kulklin and Leninsk cities at the beginning, they were added later. Unfortunately I forgot about warehouse and now Allied warehouse is located near Shkolniy (near the old, original border of the map). I will fix it in the next campaign. 

 

 

20 hours ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

Sooo, last map blue started with advantage, and in the end they had 2 times our total tanks, now we started in advantage, and with a single warehouse mission they got more tanks then us?

The advantage at the start doesn't matter. If you destroy completely enemy warehouse no new tanks, trucks and aircraft will be added to the limit. If you damage it only part will be added according to the level of the destruction. If the city near the warehouse is captured no warehouse is generated (like depot)

 

17 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Next time just put the warehouse to the moon... or Berlin, its closer that way. :negative:

So where would you like to put it? In the middle of the map so enemy would destroy it before you could even fly there and protect it? Or warehouse wouldn't be generated at all because the front line moved and city with warehouse was captured. That would be really fair: winning side has warehouse where other side don't. 

 

Please, give us en example where in your opinion would be ideal location of the warehouse. 

 

15 hours ago, SCG_Limbo said:

Do warehouses spawn for only one mission then?  If so, how many times per map?  Section 3.10 of the rules is written poorly and I have no idea what this means eactly: Warehouses and ships are spawned and visible on the map once a few days. If not destroyed they increase limits by.

Yes, they are generated as a target during particular mission. So if you don't destroy it during that mission it will be not generated in the next mission. The next mission with warehouse will be after a few days. How many times per map? - it depends how long the maps last. 

 

6 hours ago, -[HRAF]Ropalcz said:

 

Ehm, no.

 

Better stuff was happening on the 1st or the 2nd map of the current campaign where the striped area with column or what was closely between two active red airfields and had a railway station right in the middle of it, which made it a nice AA one tap-wing off deadzone.

 

Unreachable rear depots are an issue on both sides, especially when one is winning.

That was done deliberately and I spent many, many hours to find places where the script could generate such situations. It was main idea of the TAW to create such missions every time with tanks between two airfields and railway station. But unfortunately it was only one mission during almost 4 years of TAW campaigns so I think I have to devote much more free time to improve it. 

 

1 hour ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

Why do we still have tanks pushing after we exceeded the cap? Are we supposed to not have more tanks? Am i missing something or the system is struggling?

If limit is exceeded then new tanks are not generated. It doesn't has impact on the tanks that had been generated before it. 

Example:

Mission #100: tank convoy was generated

Mission #101: tank limit was reached

Mission #102: tank convoy from mission #100 is still on the map advancing to the enemy city. 

Mission #103: no more tanks convoys are generated because of the limit. 

 

 

 

46 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

And now when Axis tanks run out its another draw?

Yes.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

So where would you like to put it?

Screenshot_20200108-152121.thumb.png.9a45252bef15e53b58b6fc6d05a2baa2.png.1b9e36503cd1cef6e8ba3fa5baa050e5.png

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Screenshot_20200108-152121.thumb.png.9a45252bef15e53b58b6fc6d05a2baa2.png.1b9e36503cd1cef6e8ba3fa5baa050e5.png

Thats way to near to the front line. In my opinion the position of the german warehouses are ok right now. However the red warehouses are way to far away from the front. There should be a limit to how far away from the front warehouses can be.

Edited by [AUT]JuliMonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, [AUT]JuliMonkey said:

Thats way to near to the front line. In my opinion the position of the german warehouses are ok right now. However the red warehouses are way to far away from the front. There should be a limit to how far away from the front warehouses can be.

they are far away from the front if we move the front way on your territory, that's nothing wrong with it, and you're talking about depots not warehouses, the red warehouse spawned in a no sense closer to the front position than yours, on the edge of the map, if we had our warehouse on the other edge of the map that would have been ok.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for reply @=LG=Kathon.

it's clear now. it was the errorneous placement of the allied warehouse and the fact that i totally missed the mission with the blue warehouse that confused me.

it is clear those have to spawn in an area that remains friendly up to the very end and consequently has to be close to the borders.

i didn't play TAW for a year, so i have probably missed some rationales that led to the current status.

if we as a red team do the right things at the right time it is fully up to us whether the warehouse boost blows up into our faces or not! 

unfortunately that seems to havn't been fully transparent to all of us.

So @teammates: only a handful of blue tanks left! watch out for the warehouse!😉👍💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea how could be a TAW with a only BoP planes? would be nice,  play in only one map? i think that could be very bored play in only same map like 8 times, with always the same planes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my 2nd TAW campaign....So, right now LW has 8 tanks remaining. I predict that the "magic" warehouse will arrive soon and bring more tanks to LW than VVS receives allowing them a miraculous comeback.  Seems to me, if the developers are flying for LW, then they will know WHEN and WHERE this "magic" warehouse will arrive.  Is there a new icon on the map that marks the warehouses so both sides can see?  If not, then they know when they will spawn go kill ours and defend theirs on that particular mission.  The fact that they are down to 1 depot and we've held most of the map for a good portion of this round is now functionally irrelevant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You can thank me for that. My yesterdays evening prayer: Please God, let them have more tanks if it holds the whining even for a one day. Please!

Zami began again to whine about the fact that someone writes something. Better not write anything, the poor boy suffers from it)) 😁

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its soon for congrats to blue side for Win this current TAW edition?

 

:)

 

i can wait mates.

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it appears the map ended in a draw... Still wondering how we would know where these warehouses that generate extra resources will show up.  If no icon, I call BS. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Zami began again to whine about the fact that someone writes something. Better not write anything, the poor boy suffers from it)) 😁

You've given me so much amusement lately with your bitterness that I should pay you. Thanks man, I really appreciate good laugh 😂

8 minutes ago, Osprey06 said:

So it appears the map ended in a draw... Still wondering how we would know where these warehouses that generate extra resources will show up.  If no icon, I call BS. 

 

What? Of course there are icons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Osprey06 said:

Are you saying they are just additional buildings at an existing depot?

 

No, afaik they are separate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You've given me so much amusement lately with your bitterness that I should pay you. Thanks man, I really appreciate good laugh 😂

Your laugh is not good. Maybe you're sick. Although this is also funny ))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Your laugh is not good. Maybe you're sick. Although this is also funny ))

 

On the contrary, it's very healthy. So please accept my gratitude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then please explain what the random warehouse icon looks like and where was the last one placed?  I've never seen one.  Is it titled depot or warehouse?  Do we have recon photos like depots??? Can someone explain this?  Otherwise the VVS is left searching for a new warehouse created by wizards at the end of a rainbow that only seems to activate when the LW gets low on tanks. If it isn't clearly marked for both sides immediately when spawned, it is a definite LW/=LG= advantage.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

On the contrary, it's very healthy. So please accept my gratitude

No problems, if you of course stop whining about communication on the forum 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...