Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Norz said:
Blue Team: 11841h

 

Red team

7840h

 

So just over a 1 : 1.5 ratio.

 

I think it's still possible to enjoy flying on the disadvantaged side by limiting your tactics and expectations. But it's not nearly as enjoyable as the back and forth of an evenly matched battle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be done with comparable fighters, but if you have to fly less powerful planes (Speed and weapons at least) and that ratio (average) you can just hope that enemies doesnt see you 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Norz  So you computed the total hours from the squads page?  If so, it's probably pretty close but not all pilots are in squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

 

ahahaha quite balanced i'd say x)

 

My buddy and I are new to TAW and loving it, while still learning (the hard way) how to survive. But I've got to say that the common imbalance of pilot numbers is a bit surprising. Right now that's looking like this, below. I don't mind an imbalanced fight but figures like this really are getting a bit ridiculous IMHO especially given the historical situation. 

 

We're in the process of finding fellow Reds to fly with and looking forward to flying as a bigger and stronger bomber force (NZ/Oz evening timezones, mainly roughly Eastern Oz 19:30 weekends and some week nights - if anyone is interested... wink wink nudge nudge).

taw.JPG.aafeb7ff7684bc142f1cd5e6085b91a4.JPG

 

PS My Disconnects were due to a mysterious disabling of the Escape key using a 3rd party key binding app, requiring a Windows kill of IL2.

Edited by FlyingNutcase
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FlyingNutcase said:

 

My buddy and I are new to TAW and loving it, while still learning (the hard way) how to survive. But I've got to say that the common imbalance of pilot numbers is a bit surprising. Right now that's looking like this, below. I don't mind an imbalanced fight but figures like this really are getting a bit ridiculous IMHO especially given the historical situation. 

 

We're in the process of finding fellow Reds to fly with and looking forward to flying as a bigger and stronger bomber force (NZ/Oz evening timezones, mainly roughly 19:30 weekends and some week nights - if anyone is interested... wink wink nudge nudge).

taw.JPG.aafeb7ff7684bc142f1cd5e6085b91a4.JPG

 

PS My Disconnects were due to a mysterious disabling of the Escape key using a 3rd party key binding app, requiring a Windows kill of IL2.

was clearly a joke man, i'm red aswell i know.. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

was clearly a joke man, i'm red aswell i know.. ^^

 

I was just commenting on the general imbalance, in line with your comment. 😉

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only TAW displayed the numerical advantage the red army had in the forms of columns...

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

If only TAW displayed the numerical advantage the red army had in the forms of columns...

 

 

 no please or the Lw players would go crying for a entire year

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing flying hours tell u exactly nothing (LW have much slower bombers...u have to fly more hours to get target)

U have to compare flyed sorties !! LW sorties versus VVS sorties ?

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LLv24_Oke said:

Comparing flying hours tell u exactly nothing (LW have much slower bombers...u have to fly more hours to get target)

U have to compare flyed sorties !! LW sorties versus VVS sorties ?

I wouldn't say much slower, but OK. What about LW bombload?

But yeah, VVS pilots have to fly more sorties to achieve same amount of ground kills...

 

I don't mind unbalanced servers, well I like balanced teams, but even if you are outnumbered on the server, it doesn't automatically mean enemies are everwhere. You usually have a chance to create local superiority flying in cooperating group. And you have plenty of targets too 😁

 

Kuban map on the TAW is kind of specific with its airfields layout. I always look forward to Kuban map, because of beloved A-20, but situation on this map usually ends fast with one VVS airfield, which is locked by enemy fighers... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CSW_311_Mart said:

But yeah, VVS pilots have to fly more sorties to achieve same amount of ground kills...

 

There is only one way to increase the number of red players: small changes in planes.

 

As I said few months before:

 

Lagg 3 : no limits with 23mm (Map 4 .. Map n)

La5: m82f should be available (Map 5)

Yak7b should be added to the maps 5, 6.

 

P.S: To be honest i cannot catch why the number of VVS players is so low. Sometimes we fly only 15..20 red players and exactly at this moment there are about 30..40 red players at WOL.

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, LLv24_Oke said:

Comparing flying hours tell u exactly nothing (LW have much slower bombers...u have to fly more hours to get target)

U have to compare flyed sorties !! LW sorties versus VVS sorties ?

 

How is that not accurate as far as determining the balance on the server? Here's a simple example: there are two LW pilots and one VVS pilot for the entire duration of a 2-hour map. The hours flown ratio is 4:2, which is the same as the advantage the LW had in numbers for those two hours (2:1)

 

Number of sorties is actually a LESS accurate way to measure balance. VVS fighter sorties are shorter than LW sorties: the VVS fighters have less ammo, they run out of it quickly, so they fly more quick sorties. But in my two 30 minute hops in a Yak I don't accomplish more than in a 109 that has enough ammo to fly a one hour sortie. Also, if I'm outnumbered 2:1 for example then odds are good that I will fly a short sortie, get clubbed, fly another short sortie and get clubbed again. That's two sorties against one each for my two opponents: it's an even number of sorties but not an even balance.

 

Finally, even if we accept your argument, the 110 is not slower than the Pe2 and that's the LW bomber that I encounter the most. The Ju88 is only a little slower than the Pe2 and very few fly the He-111. I'm pretty sure that I saw stats on this board that back up this opinion.

Edited by WokeUpDead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see if the Blues can win a new map, without Christmas breaks and no resistance on new year's eve)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Let's see if the Blues can win a new map, without Christmas breaks and no resistance on new year's eve)

If I were you, I'd give up already. We all know how biased the situation is and how oppressed red side is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

If I were you, I'd give up already. We all know how biased the situation is and how oppressed red side is.

Maybe I will do so. If the Blues are so happy to win maps without opponents, then why deprive them of this opportunity.

Of all our squads, I was the last one left. The others were very much disappointed by such unfair actions.

If the blue suddenly need opponents on the server again, then you can easily go for the red and simulate it))

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Maybe I will do so. If the Blues are so happy to win maps without opponents, then why deprive them of this opportunity.

Of all our squads, I was the last one left. The others were very much disappointed by such unfair actions.

If the blue suddenly need opponents on the server again, then you can easily go for the red and simulate it))

I'm perfectly happy if I fly TAW or not. My flying is not depended on it, it's been a nice bonus. My reason for MP is to fly with my squad, otherwise I'm comfortable in the career for example. So no need to worry about me, you can do as you like 😉

 

But it's nice that not everyone give up, I'll give you that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

So no need to worry about me, you can do as you like 😉

 I don't care what you think or what makes you happy, don't worry about it)

34 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

But it's nice that not everyone give up, I'll give you that 

These guys are admirable, even if they lose in the end. I'm glad I played with them in the same team.

But the blue can only be ashamed of their fake victory on the last map )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

 I don't care what you think or what makes you happy, don't worry about it)

These guys are admirable, even if they lose in the end. I'm glad I played with them in the same team.

But the blue can only be ashamed of their fake victory on the last map )

That's the spirit! 

 

Although your childish bitterness makes me smile 😀. But enough of this now, happy flying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

That's the spirit! 

 

Although your childish bitterness makes me smile 😀. But enough of this now, happy flying!

There is no bitterness in my words, I speak the truth. But you can only smile back stupidly.

Better please your children's smiles your family)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time penalty is now 6 hours. It will be 12 hours on the last #8 map. I want to analyze the impact of the time penalty duration to number of grounded pilots.

 

I'm a few pages behind on this topic with many unread posts so if there is something important please pm me.

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, does anyone know if it possible to switch sides? I mean, I was playing as Axis in the last campaing but now I want to play this one as Red, any easy way to do so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, BSOC-GSTAVO said:

Hello all, does anyone know if it possible to switch sides? I mean, I was playing as Axis in the last campaing but now I want to play this one as Red, any easy way to do so?

 

You have to register anew for each campaign anyway (the campaign is the series of 8 maps that takes weeks to complete), so you can register as red for this one (good, we need more reds!).

 

You can also switch sides within the campaign by registering two different names, one for blue and one for red, and changing your pilot name in the game to match. For example, register as BSCOC-GSTAVO-red for the VVS and BSCOC-GSTAVO-blue for the LW, then in your game settings change your pilot name to BSCOC-GSTAVO-red or BSCOC-GSTAVO-blue before you login to the TAW server.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

 

You have to register anew for each campaign anyway (the campaign is the series of 8 maps that takes weeks to complete), so you can register as red for this one (good, we need more reds!).

 

You can also switch sides within the campaign by registering two different names, one for blue and one for red, and changing your pilot name in the game to match. For example, register as BSCOC-GSTAVO-red for the VVS and BSCOC-GSTAVO-blue for the LW, then in your game settings change your pilot name to BSCOC-GSTAVO-red or BSCOC-GSTAVO-blue before you login to the TAW server.

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to report a potential multiboxing/ghosting incident.

It was only the 3 of us, myself, VF-31_Killer_B, and themattymoose vs 10 Allies. We had been hitting a tank target in the South on map #535. We found it was only us, and so we decided to switch airfields and targets in the last 30 minutes to attempt to take them by surprise for our last sortie. While we are setting up our sortie, another joins, BurnesOldman, an allied player. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=BurnesOldman
 

This is where it's a little confusing on my end, because in my in-game statistics page, it showed the name BurnesOldman, but when he connected, and when I pressed vote to ban it displayed BurnesAltermann, an Axis player (Clearly his second account, Alter Mann means Old man in German), https://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=BurnesAlterMann

 

My squadmates saw his name displayed as BurnesAlterMann, while I saw it displayed as BurnesOldman. I'm not sure what to make of that.

875509068_NewBitmapImage(16).thumb.jpg.20d4cc6ef7bdf82b5e0b86d4b20a84ca.jpg

Anyhow, we had switched airfields specifically to take the enemy by surprise. Then, I see BurnesOldman on our side, checked his stats and found him to be an Allied player.

He was unresponsive when I spoke to him in chat. Lo and behold, only minutes later, two aircraft show up at the airfield we had just taken off from, one of whom is Cpt_Siddy, who's reponse to my accusation of ghosting was "call the e-sheriff."  2090206235_NewBitmapImage(18).thumb.jpg.033a83f217e6b468968a26b4c6565200.jpg

Cpt_Siddy proceeded to shoot down themattymoose and then tried for me before I hit the truck column. https://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=themattymoose

 

We had been hitting the southern tank column east of Gromoslavka for an hour and a half, they had no reason to believe we had switched airfields unless someone had told them. We switched airfields at 1hr 30 mins. They were over the airfield we had switched to within ten minutes of starting our sortie. Attached are fullsize screenshots of chat and the in-game statistics page showing BurnesOldman on Axis side.  Perhaps it was a bug that I saw BurnesOldman on the server list but it showed differently for my squadmates, I'm not sure.

If you check the sorties of both BurnesAlterMann and BurnesOldman, you will see that he has sorties on both accounts in the same map, Stalingrad #535. At minimum, this is evidence of side switching in the same map.

Before anyone asks, I have spoken to Killer_B about name-calling in chat. 

If this is not sufficient evidence to prove ghosting, then so be it, my squadmates and I just found it awfully suspicious that we switched missions and airfields entirely and within 10 minutes they were on top of us after this BurnesOldman/BurnesAlterMann had connected.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:dance:

You switched airfields exactly to location where i was escorting Pe-2 level bombing. And then you proceeded to crawl on the deck to the the objective with no cover as we were dropping bombs, ofc i will go after you and shoot you down. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VF-31_StuntPuppy said:

Chtěl bych nahlásit potenciální incident s vícenásobnými boxy / přízraky.

Byli jsme to jen my tři, já, VF-31_Killer_B, a themattymoose vs 10 spojenců. Zasáhli jsme cíl na tank na jihu na mapě # 535. Zjistili jsme, že jsme to jen my, a tak jsme se v posledních 30 minutách rozhodli změnit letiště a cíle, abychom se pokusili je překvapit pro náš poslední bojový let. Zatímco připravujeme náš bojový let, připojí se další hráč, BurnesOldman, spojenecký hráč. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=BurnesOldman
 

To je místo, kde je to trochu matoucí z mého konce, protože na mé stránce statistiky ve hře, to ukazovalo jméno BurnesOldman, ale když se připojil, a když jsem stiskl hlasování, abych to zakázal, zobrazil BurnesAltermann, hráč Axis (Jasně jeho druhý účet „Alter Mann znamená starce v němčině“), https://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=BurnesAlterMann

 

Moji kamarádi viděli, jak se jeho jméno zobrazuje jako BurnesAlterMann, zatímco jsem ho viděl jako BurnesOldman. Nejsem si jistý, co z toho.

875509068_NewBitmapImage (16) .thumb.jpg.20d4cc6ef7bdf82b5e0b86d4b20a84ca.jpg

Každopádně jsme změnili letiště konkrétně tak, abychom nepřítele překvapili. Pak vidím BurnesOldmana na naší straně, zkontroluji jeho statistiky a zjistí, že je spojeneckým hráčem.

Když jsem s ním mluvil v chatu, nereagoval. Lo a hle, jen o několik minut později se na letišti, ze kterého jsme právě vzlétli, objeví dvě letadla, z nichž jeden je Cpt_Siddy, který se podle mého obvinění z duchů „zavolá šerifovi“.  Cpt_Siddy pokračoval v sestřelení themattymoose a pak se o mě pokusil, než jsem narazil na sloup kamionu. https://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=themattymoose2090206235_NewBitmapImage (18) .thumb.jpg.033a83f217e6b468968a26b4c6565200.jpg
 

 

Hodinu a půl jsme udeřili na jižní tankový sloup východně od Gromoslavky, neměli důvod se domnívat, že jsme změnili letiště, pokud jim to někdo neřekl. Přepnuli jsme letiště za 1 hodinu a 30 minut. Byli nad letištěm, na který jsme přešli během deseti minut od zahájení našeho bojového letu. Připojeny jsou plné screenshoty chatu a stránka statistik ve hře zobrazující BurnesOldman na straně Axis. Možná to byla chyba, kterou jsem viděl BurnesOldmana na seznamu serverů, ale u mých squadmátů se to ukázalo jinak, nejsem si jistý.

Pokud zkontrolujete výpady obou BurnesAlterMann a BurnesOldman, uvidíte, že má výpady na obou účtech na stejné mapě, Stalingrad # 535. To je přinejmenším důkaz o bočním přepínání ve stejné mapě.

Než se někdo zeptá, mluvil jsem s Killer_B o volání jménem v chatu. 

Pokud to není dostatečný důkaz, který by dokázal přízraky, tak ať je to tak, moji squadmates a já jsem prostě zjistil, že je strašně podezřelé, že jsme úplně změnili mise a letiště a během 10 minut byli na nás po připojení BurnesOldman / BurnesAlterMann.

Hi I have two accounts: Oldman / AlterMann, according to the rules there is no problem. I played for a while for the red and because the blue side had few players I switched to LW with the nickname AlterMann and why I showed you with another nick I really do not know, it showed me correctly.
I didn't respond to the chat because I don't know English well and before I could translate it was the end of the map (this translates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, Raven109 said:

 

Yes, it's still a game. There are some that transformed it into a cult of some sorts it seems.

 

Anyway, welcome, and have fun.

 

Team speak has something like chat rooms/channels. Some channels are dedicated to specialized groups (e.g friends flying together) and some are the global channels, where anyone can join and speak.

 

You'll have to input the TAW teamspeak address into your team speak client to join TAW's specific team speak server.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have killed him in the cockpit, as an act of mercy. It is quite common practice here... 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cpt_Siddy said:

If only TAW displayed the numerical advantage the red army had in the forms of columns...

 

 

 

Guys - this is getting old!

The drawback of flying a campaign on 24/7 server means - there will be times of imbalance. Deal with it!

 

No one is going to say "Man! I really feel like flying and doing some mud moving on TAW but there there are not enough pilots on the opposing side!"

Admins have do a fantastic job with limiting numbers via the code - that is literally all they can do short of the idiotic idea of only opening the server based on some peak time.

 

This a game! It's not a substitute for real life! Your fake bravado here WILL NOT translate to the real world. I suggest you grow up and take this for what it is - hobby/way to pass time when you are not out there making a living/living/studying to make a living.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

The drawback of flying a campaign on 24/7 server means - there will be times of imbalance. Deal with it!

 

We are, by proposing things to remedy it :dance:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

We are, by proposing things to remedy it :dance:

 

:coffee: Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Guys - this is getting old!

The drawback of flying a campaign on 24/7 server means - there will be times of imbalance. Deal with it!

 

No one is going to say "Man! I really feel like flying and doing some mud moving on TAW but there there are not enough pilots on the opposing side!"

Admins have do a fantastic job with limiting numbers via the code - that is literally all they can do short of the idiotic idea of only opening the server based on some peak time.

 

This a game! It's not a substitute for real life! Your fake bravado here WILL NOT translate to the real world. I suggest you grow up and take this for what it is - hobby/way to pass time when you are not out there making a living/living/studying to make a living.

Old and still not solved; admins have taken our suggestions and made it better, but further can be done.  Funny part is the guys who generally say “this is OK, take it as it is“ are the ones who fly for the stackers side.

 

The only interesting part of that post, it’s the funny hippie try at the end! Priceless! 😁

 

...

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not deprive the blue chances of winning. After all, they can only get it when they play in most. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to say it's a pretty full on situation with an early Russian push, a German counter-thrust and now a strong Russian counter-punch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rescue and transport mission on artillery for the next TAW 🥰

 

Exactly so, what if rescue missions could be implemented for the next TAW. It's something I've seen on the Wings of Liberty server and it seems to me that the TAW would be a great thing.
For this mission I could use Ju 87 and FW 190 on the side of the shaft and on the Soviet side would be the IL-2 and Po-2 that I understand were used for this purpose when necessary. It would be fantastic if the rescue mission is generated in a place near where a pilot who falls by parachute and who was not captured has fallen, the plane must land nearby where there could be a fire marking the position to then take off and return simulating the rescue of the pilot obtaining for this perhaps up to more than 1 combat mission.


On the other hand, transport missions could also be created with Ju 87, Ju 52 and Ju 88 for the axis and the IL-2, Po-2 and Pe-2 for the Soviets on positions of artillery or defenses. The mission would be to take off from a base not a certain percentage of damage and fly to the position of defense overflight it at a certain height and for a certain time (10 seconds, for example) and then return to a base. in this way it is simulated is transport of ammunition and food to the defense positions of the border as it was done in those times.


I know it would be a lot of work but this could be implemented would be great
What do you think? 🧭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see what if blue team played with organization level of red team. 

I always see a lot of guys in red teamspeak channel and no one in blue channel. As a result allied are able to win map with less people online (they even have more lifes for this).

Allies do a great job to cooperate each other, axis team should take some lessons of it :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WG_Magners said:

I'd like to see what if blue team played with organization level of red team. 

I always see a lot of guys in red teamspeak channel and no one in blue channel. As a result allied are able to win map with less people online (they even have more lifes for this).

Allies do a great job to cooperate each other, axis team should take some lessons of it :)

 

 

I get the impression that there are more blue squads with their own private communication channels, but I might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...