=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Maybe we need a New Year break till January 2? ☺️

Personally I don`t need anything but I don`t mind a break at all.

1 hour ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Just for blue, that would be fine. 

If it reduces the whining at least a bit, by all means do it.

44 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

If it reduces the whining at least a bit, by all means do it.

Mooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Personally I don`t need anything but I don`t mind a break at all.

And no one asks you what exactly you need. I need a break for example, I think it would be fair, and you just do other things in the meantime)

Why can only front-line airfields be attacked, and what determines what's a front-line airfield and what isn't?

A few maps ago the blues had all their front-line airfields closed because of damage or nearby tanks, making Gelendzhik their only airfield close to any action. It would have been a great target for red bombers; if it too got closed due to damage then the blues would have had to fly from very far away. However, Gelendzhik wasn't designated as a front-line airfield and so it couldn't be attacked and damaged.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

And no one asks you what exactly you need. I need a break for example, I think it would be fair, and you just do other things in the meantime)

No problem, I can't even fly before january 2nd earliest. Going away from home tomorrow for new year celebrations. 

If you need a break, you have my vote.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WokeUpDead said:

Why can only front-line airfields be attacked, and what determines what's a front-line airfield and what isn't?

A few maps ago the blues had all their front-line airfields closed because of damage or nearby tanks, making Gelendzhik their only airfield close to any action. It would have been a great target for red bombers; if it too got closed due to damage then the blues would have had to fly from very far away. However, Gelendzhik wasn't designated as a front-line airfield and so it couldn't be attacked and damaged.

I’m pretty sure front line airfields are those that are adjacent to an enemy airfield field or town.  If an airfield has a friendly “buffer” airfield or town between it and the front line, it is not a front line field (and thus has no “attack” designation on the in-game briefing map) and thus has nothing to destroy (I.e. that would count within the campaign).

As for why, it’s probably to give airfields a chance to repair, after advancing the front line.  Otherwise as you describe, it would be possible to wipe out all of the airbases on a side (esp if the teams are not balanced).  However, only the administrators could more accurately answer the why as I’m just speculating  :).

Edited by AKA_Relent

It's cool to see the server so well balanced these days, the best ratio (for red) that i've seen since days it's 2:1 pilots for blue, is it that hard to force same number of pilots? so maybe some people will consider flying the side without the best planes too.

Or should we all fly german and enjoy flying against no one? 

Edited by Prancingkiller2

2 hours ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

It's cool to see the server so well balanced these days, the best ratio (for red) that i've seen since days it's 2:1 pilots for blue, is it that hard to force same number of pilots? so maybe some people will consider flying the side without the best planes too.

Or should we all fly german and enjoy flying against no one? 

The plane set is not balanced good enough for the maps 5, 6. I am going to play next TAW on the blue side and i hope that the TAW team will change something. Will be too sad to play on these maps with the ratio 1x 1,5..2.

Current state for maps:

1. Red advantage (Pe2 is superior)

2. Red advantage (Pe2 still superior)

3. Blue advantage

4. Blue advantage

5. Blue advantage

6. Blue advantage

7. Red advantage (La5FN, Yak7b, Yak1b)

8. Red advantage (La5FN, Yak7b, Yak1b).

Technically it is 4-4. But for the players who play on the fighters it is 6(blue)-2 (red).

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Norz said:

The plane set is not balanced good enough for the maps 5, 6. I am going to play next TAW on the blue side and i hope that the TAW team will change something. Will be too sad to play on these maps with the ratio 1x 1,5..2.

Current state for maps:

3. Blue advantage

4. Blue advantage

5. Blue advantage

6. Blue advantage

Technically it is 4-4. But for the players who play on the fighters it is 6(blue)-2 (red).

i was talking about active pilots, you can still manage it with less powerful planes, but with a fair numbers of pilots on both sides.

1 hour ago, Norz said:

Current state for maps:

3. Blue advantage

4. Blue advantage

5. Blue advantage

6. Blue advantage

Note that two of the red planes you mention on maps 7 and 8 are collector planes that you need to pay extra for (though they are 75% off right now).

I agree with Norz the advantage is 6-2 in fighter planeset, but after new 4.003 patch is even worse cause Yaks don’t have a clear turnrate advantage anymore. And honestly, 2xFW190A3 vs 2xLa5FN are equal deadly, but the FW has more firepower. Its easier to wipe an attacker or bomber formation in 2xFW than 2xLa5.  Except for the FN all other fighters are inferior to LW even up to map 8. So VVS never has a clear advantage in fighters, never in 8 maps. This is why is even more difficult to accept the nerfing of VVS fighters planeset as we see in TAW during maps 3,4 and 5. 

I remember when we had a clear advantage in map 8 when the Spit IX was introduced...of course the tears were huge and didn’t last long. LW historically can not tolerate any VVS advantage in fighters.

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Upvote 4

The Blues captured Timashevskaya and Viselky while all the Reds were celebrating the new year)))

Lucky for the Blues that there was no break, and no luck for the Reds, who were denied the chance to fly during the Christmas break.

It was a very unfair and dishonest campaign. Blue can only win if there are more of them and if the server administration plays along with them

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 2:14 AM, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

old ADW sistem was  more efective than actually i think.

I still remember old ADW. But I don't remember ban after be killed. Could you describe, how it was working?

Btw: Doesn' someone have document describing ADW rules?

Oh, nice advantages on the map during holidays. Well deserved victory coming to the side who flies instead of complaining. The bitterness of the usual suspects make it even sweeter.

Well done boys! 👍

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Oh, nice advantages on the map during holidays. Well deserved victory coming to the side who flies instead of complaining. The bitterness of the usual suspects make it even sweeter.

Well done boys! 👍

Yeah like, now you can relax and live your life too ahahah

you meant the side with better fighters, bombers and 2x (at less) pilots flying (because it's the easy side and everyone wants to be OP)

btw things like closed airfield for balance looks very bugged or not clear at all, i've seen 30 vs 20 ratio, or worse many times,  and no closed airfields at all..

Edited by Prancingkiller2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

Yeah like, now you can relax and live your life too ahahah

you meant the side with better fighters, bombers and 2x (at less) pilots flying (because it's the easy side and everyone wants to be OP)

btw things like closed airfield for balance looks very bugged or not clear at all, i've seen 30 vs 20 ratio, or worse many times,  and no closed airfields at all..

Seems to me that I`m the minority on this thread who`s life is not depending on TAW success 😉

Edited by LLv24_Zami

2 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Well deserved victory coming...

You don't like the attitude of a lot of the VVS fliers who post here, I get it.  But calling a victory with such a strong imbalance in numbers and machines "well deserved" is silly.  A hollow victory should bother you just as much as anyone who flies allies.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

You don't like the attitude of a lot of the VVS fliers who post here, I get it.  But calling a victory with such a strong imbalance in numbers and machines "well deserved" is silly.  A hollow victory should bother you just as much as anyone who flies allies.

Well who are you exactly to tell me what to call it? A moderator?

1 minute ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Well who are you exactly to tell me what to call it? A moderator?

Jeez, don't have a hernia.  It's my opinion, who's else would it be?  What a fatuous thing to say.  Serves me right for trying to engage you drones in conversation at all. Here:

Enjoy your very special, hard fought big-boy victory. 😄

11 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Jeez, don't have a hernia.  It's my opinion, who's else would it be?  What a fatuous thing to say.  Serves me right for trying to engage you drones in conversation at all. Here:

Enjoy your very special, hard fought big-boy victory. 😄

Thanks, I`ll enjoy it, believe me!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I hope we will see you in 2 last maps. I am going to make 200 kills on this TAW round and still need about 100 kills.

P.S: I hope you will enjoy it to make my list to be done.

Edited by Norz

2 minutes ago, Norz said:

I hope we will see you in 2 last maps. I am going to make 200 kills on this TAW round and still need about 100 kills.

P.S: I hope you will enjoy it to make my list to be done.

Wow, now I`m really scared. Please don`t bully me. You are threatening to shoot my pixels with your pixels on computer screen. I can`t take this anymore..

13 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Wow, now I`m really scared. Please don`t bully me. You are threatening to shoot my pixels with your pixels on computer screen. I can`t take this anymore..

Heh, i am dissapointed

24 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Now you are scared. Do you need any mental support?

Just now, Norz said:

Heh, i am dissapointed

Now you are scared. Do you need any mental support?

Of course I am, terrified! Huge terrible ace is threatening me with pixels, I`m literally shaking.

I`m sure you have all mental help numbers available, could you throw me one? Now please

1 minute ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I`m sure you have all mental help numbers available, could you throw me one? Now please

I will try to help for sure. Can you explain in details what exactly your problem is? 

Just now, Norz said:

I will try to help for sure. Can you explain in details what exactly your problem is? 

You are scaring me, I thought it was clear.

13 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You are scaring me, I thought it was clear.

Not at all.

Seems that you are not able to follow cause and effect. Am i right?

22 minutes ago, Norz said:

Not at all.

Seems that you are not able to follow cause and effect. Am i right?

You can always explain? I thought you wanted to shoot me because I made a post about the status of the map. Which clearly doesn`t please you

4 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You can always explain? I thought you wanted to shoot me because I made a post about the status of the map. Which clearly doesn`t please you

You are totally wrong. I see that you was not playing last 2 days. So, please stay with us.

5 minutes ago, Norz said:

You are totally wrong. I see that you was not playing last 2 days. So, please stay with us.

Fair enough. See you in the skies!

Why blue side have los 900 tanks and red 500, but Blue side are wining? I think attaking and defending mode of map is s**t.

• Upvote 1

I'm still curious as to what the real (versus the perceived) imbalance of pilots is.  Can someone please write a script that parses the pilot statistics page to compute the total hours flown for both sides?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

Why blue side have los 900 tanks and red 500, but Blue side are wining? I think attaking and defending mode of map is s**t.

This is because warehouses and or ships appear from time to time  (happens on both sides), which if not fully destroyed will increase the maximum aircraft, tanks, etc. that can be destroyed.

From the TAW manual page:

3.10 Warehouses and ships

Warehouses and ships are spawned and visible on the map once a few days. If not destroyed they increase limits by.

Warehouse:

· 80 aircraft

· 150 tanks

· 240 trucks

Ships:

· 135 aircraft

· 225 tanks

· 360 trucks

Damaged or partially destroyed warehouse or ships increase limits by accordingly smaller amount.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, SCG_Limbo said:

I'm still curious as to what the real (versus the perceived) imbalance of pilots is.  Can someone please write a script that parses the pilot statistics page to compute the total hours flown for both sides?

Blue Team: 11841h

Red team

7840h

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Norz said:

Red team

7840h

ahahaha quite balanced i'd say x)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98 said:

do you have the k/d?

I do not have it. But you can try to check the page

http://taw-server.de/squads.php

(Column K/D)

Edited by Norz

17 minutes ago, Norz said:

Red team

7840h

So just over a 1 : 1.5 ratio.

I think it's still possible to enjoy flying on the disadvantaged side by limiting your tactics and expectations. But it's not nearly as enjoyable as the back and forth of an evenly matched battle.

• Like 1

It could be done with comparable fighters, but if you have to fly less powerful planes (Speed and weapons at least) and that ratio (average) you can just hope that enemies doesnt see you 

• Upvote 1