=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Killing chutes brings nothing positive, it only generates bitterness in most people and IMO should be forbidden by TAW admins. I wouldn't shoot at chutes and till last week i had never done so. But, i find two exceptcions that i consider fair:

1. i know the guy bailing is someone who constantly does it (flying trolls like II/JG51 and =LG= guys, etc), so i wouldn't mind a bit of justice.
2. the other side has a big quorum advantage and has been stacking servers for several days not caring about campaign and damaging the outcome, so i wouldn't mind a bit of punishment.

Now, applying real life morals to a flight sim, it's naive and exagerated. True character in real life, has little to do with a flightsim alter ego.

7 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

For what it's worse...

You completely missed the point, this is the server that manifests the realism and immersion.

No, I did not miss the point. The guy who I responded to ( @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner) said that strafing never happened in reality (actually the 1st guy I responded to was <<mad>> about being strafed in a game, and went on a tantrum fit, talking crap about the community and I told him that it's just a game, there it's where it all started). You and @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner both disregard his own quotes. I did not argue whether it was immoral in reality, I actually admit it was, this was never really the issue discussed.... read the posts before answering. We jumped to immorality when @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner saw that he was wrong about whether it happened in war or not, and switched the subject, just to save face.

Read this:

On 12/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

Shooting down pilots was not part of the actual war. As I said, among pilots there was a code. This is not like WT. WT is for gamers looking to feed their little egos. This is a combat flight simulators. it simulates flight and reenact WWII combat. When you act outside of what was done, then you are just a gamer. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:54 AM, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

I never used any absolute terms. I never said never happened only that the act itself was dishonorable by those that fought.

The guy says it didn't happen! And then he goes on and says he said no such thing (multiple times), and accuses me of things I didn't say. It's the 3rd time someone quotes him saying that it didn't happen. And he denies it.

Do you see the issue? Read the posts before replying, both you and the other guy, who keeps coming back with baloney.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 hours ago, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

So an act that is considered to be morally reprehensible in real life is not in a fictionalize simulation? I supposed one could choose to be morally bad in a simulation. I supposed that s not different than choosing to be an SS unit in the game. So, if we accept that has a "reality" then we should accept as a reality anyone's rights t be morally wrong by such an act in a simulation. That being said, not everything in a simulation is about reenacting actual behavior. After all, shooting at grounded players or player taking off and landing is considered to be against "fair play" but this would not at all be the case in real life. Just how much realism should we allow? Personally the latter should be allowed. If killed, then that is just too bad, "Goodbye" streak. As far as shooting at pilots; I am fine with whatever the respective countries would have done to pilots who do that. 

Later edit: I miss-read this part of your post. Finally, we are somewhat in agreement. Glad you finally came around (it only took 5 forum pages for you to admit this). A simulation is just that... nothing to do with fair play unless fair play was part of the environment that the simulation is trying to simulate. Fair play is something the players of that simulation add to the simulation to make it more game/contest like (and enjoyable, not all simulations are enjoyable). There are games which do let you play the SS unit. Would you go and say that all those players are "evil incarnate"? Here's another example: you are re-enacting the war from the side (and using the name and picture of a guy) that invaded multiple sovereign countries.By using your reasoning from previous posts, should we consider you immoral as a person? Just some food for thought.

9 hours ago, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

Anyway, we have deviated from the initial point (at least the point I have made) that the practice was discouraged and considered to be morally wrong. Did pilots do it? Sure, that point has never been a point of contention.

No, that was not the point you made. That was the point you made when you realized you were wrong. Read your own topics. I quoted several times the part where you deny that it happened. See above in RED.

I'm done with the subject.  

Edited by Raven109
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Now, applying real life morals to a flight sim, it's naive and exagerated. True character in real life, has little to do with a flightsim alter ego.

This ^ was my point all along, thanks! @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner, read and memorize.

Edited by Raven109

46 минут назад, Raven109 сказал:

The guy says it didn't happen! And then he goes on and says he said no such thing (multiple times), and accuses me of things I didn't say. It's the 3rd time someone quotes him saying that it didn't happen. And he denies it.

I believe what he meant was shooting chutes wasn't a common practice but rather rare events and no one actually supported such behavior while in TAW you see many followers who say it's normal and there is nothing wrong with it. First they say about immersion and getting as much realism as possible (plane set, etc.) then they say not to mix the game with the real life. So why to bother with realism when it suits you, and forget about it when it doesn't.

Anyway, this is a question to TAW admins...

Some people have already asked to decrease the timer from 15sec to 5-10sec. I think it would solve all this issue with killing chutes and also make it more risky to try it in case if someone really feel the need for it. But I don't recall they have ever replied to this suggestion with their point of view.

I noticed if they want to do it, it takes about 10-12sec for it so decreasing the timer to 5-8sec should sort out most of the cases.

Edited by 72AG_Obi

4 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

I believe what he meant was shooting chutes wasn't a common practice but rather rare events and no one actually supported such behavior while in TAW you see many followers.

@72AG_Obi This guy, instead of admitting he was wrong, or that he meant what you're saying he meant, jumped to discussions about real world morality and tried to accuse people of being immoral? Do you see the issue? First poster did the same, accusing people of being immoral because he got strafed, in a game...... 

Accusing real world people of being immoral (people he's never met) because they are playing the same "immoral war" game that he is? Do you see the cognitive dissonance?

18 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

First they say about immersion and getting as much realism as possible (plane set, etc.) then they say not to mix the game with the real life. So why to bother with realism when it suits you, and forget about it when it doesn't.

Exactly.

30 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

I noticed if they want to do it, it takes about 10-12sec for it so decreasing the timer to 5-8sec should sort out most of the cases

Yes, this should simulate the fact that pilots tried to hide instead of just staying there waiting to be strafed.

Holy shit!  Is this echo chamber topic of "chute killing and it's ramifications in a game" STILL going?  

I thought this was the TAW thread.  Total hijack.  

29 минут назад, Raven109 сказал:

This guy, instead of admitting he was wrong, or that he meant what you're saying he meant, jumped to discussions about real world morality and tried to accuse people of being immoral? Do you see the issue? First poster did the same, accusing people of being immoral because he got strafed, in a game...... 

Accusing real world people of being immoral (people he's never met) because they are playing the same "immoral war" game that he is? Do you see the cognitive dissonance?

For 1st, that's between him and you, I don't want to intervene, I just said what I understood from his post.

For 2nd... whether there is connection between the behavior in real life and in game. Hard to say, that's a question to scientists) Some say there is.

But I am always on the side of those who don't shoot chutes.

I am done with this topic, kind of tired going back to it again and again.

Edited by 72AG_Obi

The shooting of parachuters was a reality of the Second World War in the air, which cannot be ignored.
That it is modeled on this server is rather good than bad.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 1

24.12.2019 в 12:46, =LG=Kathon сказал:

Christmas break till 26.12

26.12. What time exactly? Thanks

4 часа назад, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 сказал:

The shooting of parachuters was a reality of the Second World War in the air, which cannot be ignored.
That it is modeled on this server is rather good than bad.

So it leads me to the conclusion that the TAW admins set up 15sec exactly for giving some pilots the option to kill parachutists to enhance the immersion)))

On the other side it might be a reason why players against superior numbers from the other side decide to break off and not fight thus contributing to further unbalance of the server.

1 hour ago, 72AG_Obi said:

So it leads me to the conclusion that the TAW admins set up 15sec exactly for giving some pilots the option to kill parachutists to enhance the immersion)))

On the other side it might be a reason why players against superior numbers from the other side decide to break off and not fight thus contributing to further unbalance of the server.

If it wasn't for the fact that, as the game currently is, pilots have zero chance of surviving when bailing out into water, I'd say that it should be set so the only way to exit the mission is for the pilot to be on the ground.  In your chute?  Ride it to touchdown.  Pilot is dead but the plane is still "auto-flying"? Wait until it finally crashes.  Other than that, cancelling a flight before takeoff or successfully landing/safely ditching and completely obliterated air explosions would have 15 seconds attached. 

Rules about disconnection would still stand.  No damage and server drops you? Then the result is made fair.  Damaged/killed/bailed out and disco? Then penalties apply.  

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm willing to bet that chute killing would reduce if players who once thought themselves untouchable had to hang there helpless until they touched the ground - especially if they deserved the karma.  

But, of course, that would hinge on the devs making it so that there was at least a better than zero chance of surviving a bailout into water. I say that because anti-shipping sorties are a factor on some maps and nobody is going to go fight if the knew it was a 100% death if they had to bail or try to ditch in the water and exit before the plane sinks. 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

13 минут назад, Mobile_BBQ сказал:

I'd say that it should be set so the only way to exit the mission is for the pilot to be on the ground.  In your chute?  Ride it to touchdown.  Pilot is dead but the plane is still "auto-flying"? Wait until it finally crashes.  Other than that, cancelling a flight before takeoff or successfully landing/safely ditching and completely obliterated air explosions would have 15 seconds attached. 

Then next logical step would be to allow pilots to extend free fall till they are close to the ground then activate the chute (i.e. your wing is ripped off @5km so you are gonna hang on your chute for like 2mins or so, good luck with that): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

>>>

Hofmann gave this advice to his pilots: If you ever have to bail out, remember that the Americans are known to shoot us in our parachutes. Therefore, free-fall to about 200 meters; only that way can you be sure of survival. I have seen one of my best friends torn to bits by enemy cannon fire while still hanging in his chute.

<<<

I guess it's kind of complicated to implement. Still thinking that decreasing the escape time is the best option in current setup to make most of people happy. 

Still possible though for some players to watch out for bailing pilots at some distance and immediately attack them once they are on a chute or ditched.

18 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

For what it's worse...

You completely missed the point, this is the server that manifests the realism and immersion. Once again people here talks about the moral aspect of chute killers... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

<<<

Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited.[1]

and more... Still, both German and American pilots did shoot enemy airmen in their parachutes, albeit infrequently.

>>>

So if you ask if it's allowed on the server, then the answer is yes. But proud pilots would never do this, that's the idea of this conversation.

And it's important to say pilots like Adolf Galland never respected chute killers nor followed this shit practice.

It's just the reality, rotten pilots were in all sides.

I guess we talk about it too much, you are right. But some people feel they need to name those who feel fun shooting other pilots while on chute or ditched, that's the main point. Personally I want to know them or need to know who is my team mate.

The continued nerfing of bomber gunners is also a warcrime, if you ask me. They don't even see the targets, let alone shoot at them, these days.

Edit: Unless you are in a Stuka, then they are laser beams!

Edited by [GCA]Kravixon

13 минут назад, [GCA]Kravixon сказал:

The continued nerfing of bomber gunners is also a warcrime, if you ask me. They don't even see the targets, let alone shoot at them, these days.

Completely different topic my friend, don't even start... lol

2 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

You do know that both sides have the same timer, right? So, "immersion" as you call it, is the same for all....

Edited by Raven109
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

I'm noticing that the blue whining has stopped. It can only mean one thing...

Also, let's get that server running!

2 минуты назад, Raven109 сказал:

You do know that both sides have the same timer, right? So, "immersion" as you call it, is the same for all....

And your point?

My point is it doesn't make sense to play if you face superior number of players from the other team especially if some of them are known as chute killers.

If you fight and got shot down, you will be killed either while hanging on a chute or sitting on a ground. They will just kill you knowing that nothing can interfere by doing it. With 3 lives + -300points + lost of plane... no thanks.

44 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

1). Then next logical step would be to allow pilots to extend free fall till they are close to the ground then activate the chute (i.e. your wing is ripped off @5km so you are gonna hang on your chute for like 2mins or so, good luck with that): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

>>>

2). Hofmann gave this advice to his pilots: If you ever have to bail out, remember that the Americans are known to shoot us in our parachutes. Therefore, free-fall to about 200 meters; only that way can you be sure of survival. I have seen one of my best friends torn to bits by enemy cannon fire while still hanging in his chute.

<<<

3). I guess it's kind of complicated to implement. Still thinking that decreasing the escape time is the best option in current setup to make most of people happy. 

Still possible though for some players to watch out for bailing pilots at some distance and immediately attack them once they are on a chute or ditched.

1). Manual chute opening would be a neat feature if implemented by the devs.   If they did do it, CTRL-E once to bail, CTRL-E again to open chute. That way it would be easy to remember.  

2). Then again, German pilots were known to strafe civilian refugees on the roads - and ground forces also shot pilots in chutes as they descend to the ground. 

3).  I'd say it's worth a try.  

28 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

I'd say so is the whole chutekilling argument that's been going on for days now - except we've at least managed to shoehorn in at least some discussion of what might be done gameplay-wise to remedy some of the issue.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 1

1 минуту назад, [GCA]Kravixon сказал:

I'm noticing that the blue whining has stopped. It can only mean one thing...

Also, let's get that server running!

Are you talking about me whining? Careful, sounds like insult...

@=LG=Kathon first of all Merry Christmas! Second, i'm going out of town in 3 days and won't be able to fly current edition anymore so i now leave some suggestions here for future TAW:

1. Please update the manual if possible. It is confusing and lacks some vital information. For example it says nothing about tanks defining winning conditions. Map #3 ended in a draw because as you confirmed both sides ran out of tanks so then, none of them won. There is nowhere on the manual anything explaining this. Also for example clearer information about how many chances LW has during a map to use Ju52s for capturing AFs? Is it unlimited or has a X ammount of AF's that can be captured by paratroops during a whole map? Also no explanation how the death system works, meaning by this different conditions of death/captured status reduce X ammount in your live counter. ETC.

2. Would be good to have the chance to regain lives when you run out of them. The idea behind it when iplemented was that people try to fly less arcadish possible, taking care of your virtual life and plane. Some tasks are more dangerous than others, and it can be a good motivation for someone who comes back from a 20hrs death penalty to have the chance to recover lives and not just have only  less than 1 back. For example, i would put the attention into how many CM in a row he does and by them he can recover X percentage of new lives. Example: let's say after you run out of lives and come back from the mentioned 20hs, from then on any successfull CM adds 0.1 to your live counter (except transports missions, which adds 0.05). This way you encourage people, instead of demotivating them.

3. Fighters planesets need updates. AFAIK taw is not about 100% historical planesets so there is a balance between history and gameplay so both sides can be competitive. Then it's really strange some decissions, which seem arbitrary, taken in favour of LW fighter planeset as it follows:

a. Mc202 able to carry 2x20mm on map #2. This is not historical, nor balanced..so why is still there? 
b. On map #3 Lagg-3 have 23mm blocked; but the much better fighter 109F4 has unlimited 2x20mm gunpods...really? The best fighter of that planeset able to carry 3x20mm? They really need that mini FW190 so early? By map #3 Lagg-3 needs to have VYa23mm unblocked just like 109F's have their gunpods. They both should have these features limited, and by map #4 Vya23mm should be unlimited just like 109G2s and 109F's have their 2x20mm gunpods.

c. Why M-82F is blocked on map #5? Again, this is not historic nor balanced; LW already has the powerful FW190 with no limitations, even able to load 4x20mm. Why this blatant nerfing of the La-5? Even if it was for balanced planeset, M-82F could be allowed on map #4...it's Stalingrad summer, La-5 not very useful due to air temperature that makes it go almost at overheat all mission.

PS. op deleted by mistake.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

15 hours ago, Raven109 said:

No, I did not miss the point. The guy who I responded to ( @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner) said that strafing never happened in reality (actually the 1st guy I responded to was <<mad>> about being strafed in a game, and went on a tantrum fit, talking crap about the community and I told him that it's just a game, there it's where it all started). You and @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner both disregard his own quotes. I did not argue whether it was immoral in reality, I actually admit it was, this was never really the issue discussed.... read the posts before answering. We jumped to immorality when @IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner saw that he was wrong about whether it happened in war or not, and switched the subject, just to save face.

Read this:

Do you see the issue? Read the posts before replying, both you and the other guy, who keeps coming back with baloney.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later edit: I miss-read this part of your post. Finally, we are somewhat in agreement. Glad you finally came around (it only took 5 forum pages for you to admit this). A simulation is just that... nothing to do with fair play unless fair play was part of the environment that the simulation is trying to simulate. Fair play is something the players of that simulation add to the simulation to make it more game/contest like (and enjoyable, not all simulations are enjoyable). There are games which do let you play the SS unit. Would you go and say that all those players are "evil incarnate"? Here's another example: you are re-enacting the war from the side (and using the name and picture of a guy) that invaded multiple sovereign countries.By using your reasoning from previous posts, should we consider you immoral as a person? Just some food for thought.

No, that was not the point you made. That was the point you made when you realized you were wrong. Read your own topics. I quoted several times the part where you deny that it happened. See above in RED.

I'm done with the subject.  

You are changing the discussion. You are misinterpreting my statement in red. The term "actual war" is no stating it didn't happen, it is stating that it was not part of any tactics. Every subsequent response to that supports this statement. Rather than accept this fact, you would rather do word play games say I meant one thing rather than another. 

We didn't jumped to immorality. The issue was always about immorality of the act of shooting down a pilot. The counter point is that it is just a game. YOU responded by saying that simulation reflects your personality and that YOU WILL shoot down a pilot.  I didn't those words in your mouth, I quoted you saying this. 

Now, you are muddying the waters. I never made any comment about people choosing to reenact the SS as bad, nor should such a thing be considered on the same scale as shooting down pilots. We are comparing apples to oranges here. One is a passive teaching of history while the other behavior that was reprehensible in real life as it is in virtual life. If your goal is to make it enjoyable for all, then don't shoot defenseless pilots. There is a reason why you cannot shoot pilots on the ground. It is when reality meat the virtual aspect of trying to enjoy the game. By doing both, you are going out of your way to make the game less enjoyable for others for these sadistic and selfish motives. Now that's food for thought! 

5 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

And your point?

My point is it doesn't make sense to play if you face superior number of players from the other team especially if some of them are known as chute killers.

If you fight and got shot down, you will be killed either while hanging on a chute or sitting on a ground. They will just kill you knowing that nothing can interfere by doing it. With 3 lives + -300points + lost of plane... no thanks.

Some pilots are already losing without even taking off. This is the capture of psychological dominance in the air))

On 12/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

We didn't jumped to immorality. The issue was always about immorality of the act of shooting down a pilot. The counter point is that it is just a game. YOU responded by saying that simulation reflects your personality and that YOU WILL shoot down a pilot.  I didn't those words in your mouth, I quoted you saying this. 

On 12/22/2019 at 12:09 AM, Olbi said:

Games/servers like this are a close reflection of real life. It's like driving, it exposes your personality, your way of looking at other people.

@IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner you either can't read, or are just willfully misrepresenting. This is the reason why I'm not gonna discuss this anymore with you. You see that it's not me saying that, do you? It's Olbi. I was against what Olbi said from the beginning of this irrelevant thread........

On 12/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

YOU responded by saying that simulation reflects your personality and that YOU WILL shoot down a pilot.  

Quote me where I said the orange part (I know you can't). I can't help you if you can't read properly or misrepresent. 

Have fun with your own inventions about what was said. The only one who is muddying the waters is you....

PS: you admitted that it happened, this debate is over... (for a few pages now... move on, and spare the readers of this thread) 

PPS: I've just noticed what you've actually done. In one of your posts, you took Olbi's post and slapped my name on it as a quote (is this how you do all your conversations?). 

2019-12-27 20_47_07-Tactical Air War - Page 392 - Multiplayer Servers and Hosting - IL-2 Sturmovik F.png

2019-12-27 20_48_41-Tactical Air War - Page 392 - Multiplayer Servers and Hosting - IL-2 Sturmovik F.png

Edited by Raven109

On 12/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, LLv24_Zami said:

If you look at this thread for example, positive posts are very rare. That's kind of sad

Here's one for the collection :biggrin:

positive_post.jpg.afcdb4575b50a7a6d2704c3acb2889db.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

The campaign will be resumed at 19:00 UTC on 26.12

Small changes:

• Time penalty when counter "Lives" drop below zero is now only 2 hours (it was 20 hours before)
  • It's allowed to spawn on the airfield with time penalty if your side is lower then opponent side and mission elapsed time is more than 10 min.
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Small changes:

• Time penalty when counter "Lives" drop below zero is now only 2 hours (it was 20 hours before)
  • It's allowed to spawn on the airfield with time penalty if your side is lower then opponent side and mission elapsed time is more than 10 min.

Less hardcore :( Value of lives decreases 

• Upvote 4

Why was the life counter penalty reduced? It doesn't seem like it was requested by popular demand and this feature is one of the reasons why i think all of us enjoy this server so much.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Why was the life counter penalty reduced? It doesn't seem like it was requested by popular demand and this feature is one of the reasons why i think all of us enjoy this server so much.

If I recall correctly, the 20 hour death/capture penalty/3.0 lives change was mainly put in because there was some abuse where pilots were performing activities to wipe out airfields “at all costs” and potentially dying/getting captured many many times in a row (well beyond 3 times).  This change was to help prevent that sort of activity (among other things - =LG= can clarify).  However, this may have had a side effect that the side with lower numbers would also be detrimentally affected, as pilots were probably not willing to risk that last life (and the 20 hour delay) to fly against much higher numbers.

Before the 3 lives/20 hour delay thing, there was no penalty beyond losing 300 XP (lol like Xbox :)) and a 5 minute penalty.  This was the way it was for many TAW rounds.  But at least that way, if you flew on the outnumbered side, you could continue to fight and fly, as you were not as concerned about dying/getting captured (I mean, once you’re back to zero, keep fighting! :) ).

IMHO it’s a good change for balance-sake, It allows pilots to fly more often, if they choose, esp on the smaller side.

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

I think LG are tinkering, that’s good. 2 hours seems a little short, but at least it means that a player will be able to do just three stupid suicide sorties on his first mission, and only one on each subsequent mission.

7 часов назад, =LG=Kathon сказал:

The campaign will be resumed at 19:00 UTC on 26.12

Small changes:

Due this changes it may be reasonable to make 1.0 life counter instead of 3.0. 

In other words make one life per misson if sides have the same number of players.

It is just my thoughts, i'm sure everything that you guys do have reasons and you want to make TAW better more than any of us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea to reduce a penalty for 2 hours. The general idea of this penalty was the number of the players (more than 84 players want to play). As I can see, it is not an issue these days.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Norz said:

I like the idea to reduce a penalty for 2 hours. The general idea of this penalty was the number of the players (more than 84 players want to play). As I can see, it is not an issue these days.

No, the general idea was to dissuade people from doing stupid suicidal shit. And I doubt being banned for 2 hours as punishment is going to stop people from doing that, specially for those who have loads of free time. Although, reducing counter to 1 life as @WG_Magners said, might be worth looking into.

4 hours ago, WG_Magners said:

In other words make one life per misson if sides have the same number of players.

It is just my thoughts, i'm sure everything that you guys do have reasons and you want to make TAW better more than any of us.

I'd even be interested in getting back in the TAW saddle if it was just 1 life per each 2 hour mission period.  If you die at the last minute, you could pick right up at the start of the next mission, but if you die in the first minute(s) you have to wait until the next mission.  

5 часов назад, WG_Magners сказал:

Somebody call xJammer please, he's got a job again... lol

+ this idea for 1 death per mission. Then time will say if it's good or not. At least 2hrs break is enough to keep exploiters away for a while.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I'd even be interested in getting back in the TAW saddle if it was just 1 life per each 2 hour mission period.  If you die at the last minute, you could pick right up at the start of the next mission, but if you die in the first minute(s) you have to wait until the next mission.  

In this case it will become common practice to make a suicide flight in the last half hour))

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

In this case it will become common practice to make a suicide flight in the last half hour))

It would only make a difference if you could convince a large group of players to spend one of their bombers all together on the same target. 1 person going kamikaze on a target would probably not damage it enough to make a difference unless it was already damaged enough to be ineffective the next round anyway. If it's an airfield attack, it would only be useful if the damage needed to close it was small.  Trying to take out players on the ground might not yield any worthwhile results except to take away a plane from their plane set list and you'd probably only trade your plane for 1 of theirs as getting multiple isn't all that common.  If that's how it is, then why not actually try to preserve the plane?  

It is however, another case for taking the +1 away from the 110 if the Pe-2 doesn't get +1 as well.   

3 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

It would only make a difference if you could convince a large group of players to spend one of their bombers all together on the same target. 1 person going kamikaze on a target would probably not damage it enough to make a difference unless it was already damaged enough to be ineffective the next round anyway. If it's an airfield attack, it would only be useful if the damage needed to close it was small.  Trying to take out players on the ground might not yield any worthwhile results except to take away a plane from their plane set list and you'd probably only trade your plane for 1 of theirs as getting multiple isn't all that common.  If that's how it is, then why not actually try to preserve the plane?  

It is however, another case for taking the +1 away from the 110 if the Pe-2 doesn't get +1 as well.   

Even if someone loses their plane at the end of the last mission, they will get it back in the next one. It is enough to complete three transport missions, get the plane back and again make a suicide flight before the end of the current mission.

• Upvote 1