=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Man alive!!  You all look at me as if I'm Lucifer Incarnate.
I simply make a statement that it seems the server population is going to hell in a hand basket because of the Super tuned AI AAA and the death/lives counter and everyone comes unglued like a Democrat at a Trump rally.

Back when we started flying on the TAW server there was no death/lives counter and if you were killed by AI then you flew again with a "lesser" airframe.  Now when you get killed you are penalized 24 hours of "sit and think about what you did kiddo".  OK so I flew at 3K altitude on my side of the front and was shot by an AI flak trap that is not on the map.  OOPS MY BAD for thinking I was safe from dumb shit.  I go to time out sorry dad I won't do it again. 

Can I have a good ride after 24 hours.  HELL NO now go fly crap and don't die butthead. 

Fly a resupply mission and a couple of combat missions with a wingman and get not what I lost but another aircraft that I don't usually fly.  Then it happens.  I see a PE2 and drop in on it do some damage and see the engine burning pull off and climbing back to altitude BLAMMO!!! ANOTHER AI AAA kills me!  24 hour penalty JACKASS go sit in the corner!!!  Stop getting killed by AI AAA.  Sorry DAD it wasn't on the map in the area where I hit the PE2 I don't get it.  Yeah but it got you....DUMBASS!!

So next I say screw it I'll fly an HE111 above 5K and go bomb a factory behind the lines.  They'll never expect that.  I fly a covert route along the edges of the map where no one should see me coming. I get 10Km from target, I'm at 5.2K altitude and I'm looking through the bomb-sight getting lined up and what do I hear. FIRST, HE'S ENGAGING!  Oh great here we go get this close and have an enemy fighter find me close to the target before I can drop bombs.I stay in the bomb-sight and continue to work the numbers while I'm hearing bullets hit my HE111.  Then as I approach the drop point the bullets stop and I figured I was on fire (but I wasn't).  Just as I hit the drop button I see a burst of FLAK fill my gunsight and I hear BAM-BAM-BAM-schreech and the HE111 lurches I leave the bomb-sight and look out the window.  Engine 1 the prop is sheared off and there's a hole big enough to drive PICT's and SIDDY's ego through without them touching.  I shut down the engine close the radiators and am amazed I can still hold 5.1K and 225Km/H while making my way back out.  I go back to the bomb sight and close the Bombay doors.  I get back into the pilots position just in time to hear....Yep you guessed it...FIRST!! HE's ENGAGING!!  I see tracers pass over the right wing and engine two.  Then I hear more hits on the wing and see the wing sparkle to life and a fire ensused.  I dove to see if I could put out the fire and the left wing started to come apart.  The HE111 became unstable and I hit the bail out command.  All of my crew left the aircraft ROUND 3.5k in altitude and floated gently to the ground.  I was looking at a creek and thinking I'm going to land in this creek and drown.  I float across the river and settled in the forest beyond.  24HOUR PENALTY!!!!   YOUR AIRCRAFT was shot down BY AI AAA and some random player who got a lucky shot (because he was so bad with the aim in a P40) that I had to bail out.  GO SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK UPON YOUR SINS LUCIFER!!!!!

Move along two days because my DEATH/LIVES counter was at 0 for losing my HE111 to AI AAA and an idiot.
Flying a JABO 109E7 I'm heading towards a bridge and what occurs.......;YES INDEED AI AAA fires on me and hits me hard.  I drop my bomb and what happens....I actually killed a BT7 tank and I didn't know it was there.  I just wanted my E7 to be light and try to run.  But along with the drop and the jinks I got smoked by AAA AI some more causing 91% damage to the plane and 79.5% damage to the pilot.  YOU DIED DUMBASS!! LEARN HOW TO FLY!!!...GO SIT IN THE CORNER!!!!

Well now I'm done sitting in the corner.  So I start pointing out the obvious things I can see.  Low population numbers on the server.  I point this out in my time zone because back when we first started flying in TAW it was hard to find slots for 6 pilots let alone 10 on a Sunday Night at 8:00PM EST U.S. TIME ZONE. And now from all you TAW fanbois all I get is it's night in the EU so no one plays.  There was a time when finding more than 2 slots at a time was almost non existent.  There were many JG51Molders squad night Sundays (8:00EST U.S.) when we would have to log on individually, take off and fly around, until the rest could get slots to play.  Now I get It's night in the EU no one is playing.

You're right about one thing... No one is playing on the TAW server when you specifically are not playing.  Congratulations you've taken your ball and gone to play by yourself.  You have over 2450 people registered and only 93 players with more than 40 hours on the server.  How long has the server been running now?  It's been over a month. 25 days that I can verify through my account.  That's 600 hours of server time and only 25 of you super fan bois who defend to the death have more than 60 hours.  I'll even round it up only .04% of the registered player base has more than 40 hours of 600 possible hours playing.

If you were the CEO of a corporation you'd be fired by the investors for failure to grow revenues.  Yeah I know you don't get paid.  But you don't get the monetary support you used to get either.  That's a fact.

I am the Devil Lucifer now exorcise me like the mundane horde you are.

Edited by JG51_Ogg
fixing grammar pointed out by SILAS >S<
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

I am the Devil Lucifer

No, you're just a very inept virtual pilot who doesn't want to learn to play better.  You have 3 deaths in 5 hours of play. For 9 sorties you lost 6 aircraft. But instead of trying to draw conclusions from their mistakes and enhance your skills, you're crying on the forum like a girl.

Stop showing your weakness to everyone. Remember you're a Marine and behave yourself. Play on this server if you can or leave. Your complaints cause only laughter and pity

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

No, you're just a very inept virtual pilot who doesn't want to learn to play better.  You have 3 deaths in 5 hours of play. For 9 sorties you lost 6 aircraft. But instead of trying to draw conclusions from their mistakes and enhance your skills, you're crying on the forum like a girl.

Stop showing your weakness to everyone. Remember you're a Marine and behave yourself. Play on this server if you can or leave. Your complaints cause only laughter and pity

Take your ball and run along little kid.  If you had read it you'd know how I "lost" my aircraft.  I was quite frank about it.  I don't want to be pitied but I don't mind being the butt of a joke now and again.  But when people dismiss me for an idiot when they have no time to read fully and understand or attempt to understand then I have no patients for you and your ilk.  I simply am pointing out flaws in the system.  Sorry Mr. Founder

And as for the Can't draw conclusions from making mistakes.  How is a new player supposed to learn if they have to go sit in the corner like a school boy if they were killed by some unforeseen force?  They fix the mistake by not playing there any more.

That seems simple enough.  and it seems that's what I said.

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

And as for the Can't draw conclusions from making mistakes.  How is a new player supposed to learn if they have to go sit in the corner like a school boy if they were killed by some unforeseen force? 

You just need to play if you are interested or not to play if you are not interested.

Play as hundreds of other players on this server. For example, yesterday I received punishment on 20 hours and quietly is gone sleep. Today it ended and I'm now going to play. I made a mistake yesterday and I had time to think about it.

What you're trying to show us as the server's flaws is actually its virtues. A lot of players come here for that. If you do not like hard AI and a limit of 3 lives, then just do not play here. There are many other servers, choose one where you will be interesting and pleasant to fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

I simply make a statement that it seems the server population is going to hell in a hand basket because of the Super tuned AI AAA and the death/lives counter and everyone comes unglued like a Democrat at a Trump rally.

If you were the CEO of a corporation you'd be fired by the investors for failure to grow revenues.  Yeah I know you don't get paid.  But you don't get the monetary support you used to get either.  That's a fact.

I am the Devil Lucifer now exercise me like the mundane horde you are.

Money-worship and delusions of grandeur, that winning combination that makes everyone else hold their nose.  It's remarkable that while posting that screed you can call anyone else "unglued" with a straight face.

P.S. it's "exorcise", though perhaps you are in need of the other article.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
They aren't all so bad

Sooo.. I'm guessing this may be the only place to ask,  how do you reset your TAW account password?  Whatever I put in originally won't work.  If there is another place to ask this, by all means I'm happy to go there.  

Thanks.

7 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Man alive!!  <snip>

Well now I'm done sitting in the corner.  So I start pointing out the obvious things I can see.  Low population numbers on the server.  I point this out in my time zone because back when we first started flying in TAW it was hard to find slots for 6 pilots let alone 10 on a Sunday Night at 8:00PM EST U.S. TIME ZONE. And now from all you TAW fanbois all I get is it's night in the EU so no one plays.  There was a time when finding more than 2 slots at a time was almost non existent.  There were many JG51Molders squad night Sundays (8:00EST U.S.) when we would have to log on individually, take off and fly around, until the rest could get slots to play.  Now I get It's night in the EU no one is playing.

You're right about one thing... No one is playing on the TAW server when you specifically are not playing.  Congratulations you've taken your ball and gone to play by yourself.  You have over 2450 people registered and only 93 players with more than 40 hours on the server.  How long has the server been running now?  It's been over a month. 25 days that I can verify through my account.  That's 600 hours of server time and only 25 of you super fan bois who defend to the death have more than 60 hours.  I'll even round it up only .04% of the registered player base has more than 40 hours of 600 possible hours playing.
<snip>

7 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I was in agreement with you until you made the "Little girl" comment. it was immature and unnecessary. 

There are many servers to play on. TAW is not the only only. It has a lot of benefits and i think it does its best to be as realistic as possible. 24 hours really isn't that long to wait if you suffered three deaths. When I first stared playing (Rise of Flight) the first thing I was taught and the most important thing I was taught was not to get victories, but to survive the mission. I approached each game-play as if I have only one life. It is easy to blame the system as the cause of your deaths. It wasn't that long ago I was trying to figure out how to take off (I started off flying first). I must have crashed 20 times. My reaction wasn't that the game was flawed or unrealistic; it was, what am I doing wrong. Eventually, I figured it out. It was the same thing when I kept stalling and blacking out. Eventually, I figured it out. If everyone else is surviving and you are not, then there is something they are doing that works that you are not doing. As long as you look for an excuse, you will never figure it out. You need to learn to accept blame and learn from your mistakes. 

If the creator/admin of TAW feels that the server is not populated enough, then I am sure he/she would evaluate the rules. Personally,  I like the rule that limits you to certain aircraft if you are less successful. The better aircraft should go to the better performing players. The only change I would like to see is prioritization of aircraft. For example, 1st Fighter, 2nd Attacker, 3rd Bombers/Transport. In this case, you get 100% access to fighters, 50% access to Attackers, and 25% access to Bombers/Transport. The question I have if I only pick fighters do I get different availability options if I choose Attackers? If there isn't a difference, then why have the choices? 

Edited by IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner

2 hours ago, IV./JG51-Anton_Hafner said:

The only change I would like to see is prioritization of aircraft. For example, 1st Fighter, 2nd Attacker, 3rd Bombers/Transport. In this case, you get 100% access to fighters, 50% access to Attackers, and 25% access to Bombers/Transport. The question I have if I only pick fighters do I get different availability options if I choose Attackers? If there isn't a difference, then why have the choices? 

I believe that choice determines what type of aircraft you will get after 3 combat missions. So let’s say you’re flying red and you have 1 out of 2 possible Yaks, one out of 2 possible IL2’s and 1 out of 2 possible Pe2’s. If you chose “attackers” then after 3 successful combat missions you would get another IL2.

You can choose all three and there is no means to differentiate your choices. There is no way the system will know your preferences unless it judges based on your choice of aircraft. Which begs the question; why have the choice int he first place?

dear taw-team,

i would like to ask for clarification "when" a damaged or ditched plane is counted as a loss for the team.

this morning red lost 6 aircraft during the first mission...5 were clear losses (4 death and 1 bailed).... in addition 4 planes were "ditched" and i screwed up my landing when trying to bring home my shotup, single engined peschka...

so ditches and landing accidents are surely counted as aircraft lost in the player stats, but not necessarily as an aircraft lost for the team...

would be nice if someone could make up my mind, here.

and yes! kudos to blue...especially the battle for shkolniy airfield was epic! 

16 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

I don't want to be pitied but I don't mind being the butt of a joke now and again.

There is no pity for placing your own butt in the joke yoke...you just get catapulted down the line like the next guy :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Good job LW during Stalingrad Map #4; specially SCG_Polo and his boys during night time. See you next map LW...careful...

I sure hope so.  I'm having a hard time bringing myself to fly at all during US Prime time as there is hardly anyone flying red. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

during US Prime time as there is hardly anyone flying red. 

Indeed, right now we are outnumbered 4:1..it's 14-3...this way for a couple of map loads it's very difficult to do anything and keep thinks even, LW it's taking advantage of their big numbers at US prime time 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Indeed, right now we are outnumbered 4:1..it's 14-3...this way for a couple of map loads it's very difficult to do anything and keep thinks even, LW it's taking advantage of their big numbers at US prime time 

Advantage that will disappear as soon as BOP planes come in to play, i am sure. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Well, it varies a lot. I often see these situations in the morning in the Finnish time zone.

IMG_20191205_072346.thumb.png.89f6a2cb886167ffad4e859e94d8db64.png

IMG_20191214_084322.thumb.png.08b2c519932a45d84d7d6854b6bf6d6d.png

Edited by LLv24_Zami

7 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Well, it varies a lot. I often see these situations in the morning in the Finnish time zone.

IMG_20191205_072346.thumb.png.89f6a2cb886167ffad4e859e94d8db64.png

IMG_20191214_084322.thumb.png.08b2c519932a45d84d7d6854b6bf6d6d.png

This will always be a drawback to a dogfight campaign. Since the server runs 24/7 anyone can join whenever they want and I don't think there is anything wrong with it either. This is the nature of the beast. I have come to like this format better since everything is recorded by the server/admins and no need for player intervention.

If we had an online platform like a "HyperLobby" of sorts, =LG= cound run co-ops missions The website could generate a mission and the host of the game will download it. Then the ides is the host can't launch without the same # of pilots on each side. After the mission, the host reuploads the log file to the server. This has its own set of issues that resulted into a few major fights with host either editing or not uploading logs for whatever reason.

So this is what we have been given - so we just have to be happy with it.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

Please explain why in these two missions:

http://taw-server.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=318

so different is the impact of tank columns on the effect of blocking airfields. tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 25 km from the airfield Peskovatka-the airfield is blocked. The red army tanks 18 miles from Skvorin airfield - the airfield is not blocked.

http://taw-server.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=320

near tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 28 km from the airfield Safronov-the airfield is blocked.

So it is not clear why the side of the Luftwaffe is able to attack almost all the frontline airfields of the VVS, and the VVS  can attack only one airfield of the enemy...?

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass
  • Upvote 1

On 12/13/2019 at 12:03 PM, Paulshow2 said:

dear taw-team,

i would like to ask for clarification "when" a damaged or ditched plane is counted as a loss for the team.

this morning red lost 6 aircraft during the first mission...5 were clear losses (4 death and 1 bailed).... in addition 4 planes were "ditched" and i screwed up my landing when trying to bring home my shotup, single engined peschka...

so ditches and landing accidents are surely counted as aircraft lost in the player stats, but not necessarily as an aircraft lost for the team...

would be nice if someone could make up my mind, here.

and yes! kudos to blue...especially the battle for shkolniy airfield was epic! 

Ditched (on the airfield or friendly territory)  aircraft aren't counted as aircraft lost for the team.

Killed or captured pilots, bail outs, destroyed static_planes and disconnections are counted as aircraft lost for the team.

1 hour ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

Please explain why in these two missions:

http://taw-server.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=318

so different is the impact of tank columns on the effect of blocking airfields. tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 25 km from the airfield Peskovatka-the airfield is blocked. The red army tanks 18 miles from Skvorin airfield - the airfield is not blocked.

http://taw-server.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=320

near tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 28 km from the airfield Safronov-the airfield is blocked.

So it is not clear why the side of the Luftwaffe is able to attack almost all the frontline airfields of the VVS, and the VVS  can attack only one airfield of the enemy...?

From the manual: If tank convoy is near (about 25km) enemy city or airfield then this airfield is closed, so distance to the city is also taking into account. 

1.  the Wehrmacht at a distance of 25 km from the airfield Peskovatka-the airfield is blocked. - OK

2. The red army tanks 18 miles from Skvorin airfield - the airfield is not blocked. - Skvorin wasn't attacked by the tanks in that mission, Kumovka was attacked. I will improve it by adding condition that any enemy airfield is closed if tanks are near enough, not only this attacking. 

3. Mission #320,tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 28 km from the airfield Safronov-the airfield is blocked. - But to the city Safronov is 24,7km. 

City distance is probably an old condition and I will delete it so only distance to the airfield will be taken into account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Yes, I wasn`t complaining. Just commenting to the previous posts about balance. It`s fine by me because this is 24/7 server, it just can`t always be 50/50 teams

Edit: I was typing with my phone so I did not bother to quote them

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Ditched (on the airfield or friendly territory)  aircraft aren't counted as aircraft lost for the team.

Killed or captured pilots, bail outs, destroyed static_planes and disconnections are counted as aircraft lost for the team.

From the manual: If tank convoy is near (about 25km) enemy city or airfield then this airfield is closed, so distance to the city is also taking into account. 

1.  the Wehrmacht at a distance of 25 km from the airfield Peskovatka-the airfield is blocked. - OK

2. The red army tanks 18 miles from Skvorin airfield - the airfield is not blocked. - Skvorin wasn't attacked by the tanks in that mission, Kumovka was attacked. I will improve it by adding condition that any enemy airfield is closed if tanks are near enough, not only this attacking. 

3. Mission #320,tanks of the Wehrmacht at a distance of 28 km from the airfield Safronov-the airfield is blocked. - But to the city Safronov is 24,7km. 

City distance is probably an old condition and I will delete it so only distance to the airfield will be taken into account.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt response......:good:

If they saved the passwords in clear instead of only saving the hashes, that'd be a big red not-okay sign. Isn't that even a criminal act now by DSGVO?

But maybe they can overwrite your old one with a dummy. Good luck !

21 hours ago, MiGHThi said:

Hello, can some TAW admin help me? I lost my password! This is my TAW pilot profile http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=MiGHThi. How do I recover my password? Thank you.

Check PM.

12 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

If they saved the passwords in clear instead of only saving the hashes, that'd be a big red not-okay sign. Isn't that even a criminal act now by DSGVO?

But maybe they can overwrite your old one with a dummy. Good luck !

Don't worry, passwords aren't saved as plain text and they can be only reset to random new one.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, JG7_X-Man said:

This will always be a drawback to a dogfight campaign. Since the server runs 24/7 anyone can join whenever they want and I don't think there is anything wrong with it either. This is the nature of the beast. I have come to like this format better since everything is recorded by the server/admins and no need for player intervention.

If we had an online platform like a "HyperLobby" of sorts, =LG= cound run co-ops missions The website could generate a mission and the host of the game will download it. Then the ides is the host can't launch without the same # of pilots on each side. After the mission, the host reuploads the log file to the server. This has its own set of issues that resulted into a few major fights with host either editing or not uploading logs for whatever reason.

I agree as well, there's nothing really to be done. I just take no pleasure at all from flying when I have no-one to fight against, so usually I just go do something else. 

On 12/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, JG51_Ogg said:

Back when we started flying on the TAW server there was no death/lives counter and if you were killed by AI then you flew again with a "lesser" airframe.  Now when you get killed you are penalized 24 hours of "sit and think about what you did kiddo".  OK so I flew at 3K altitude on my side of the front and was shot by an AI flak trap that is not on the map.  OOPS MY BAD for thinking I was safe from dumb shit.  I go to time out sorry dad I won't do it again. 

Can I have a good ride after 24 hours.  HELL NO now go fly crap and don't die butthead. 

Fly a resupply mission and a couple of combat missions with a wingman and get not what I lost but another aircraft that I don't usually fly.  Then it happens.  I see a PE2 and drop in on it do some damage and see the engine burning pull off and climbing back to altitude BLAMMO!!! ANOTHER AI AAA kills me!  24 hour penalty JACKASS go sit in the corner!!!  Stop getting killed by AI AAA.  Sorry DAD it wasn't on the map in the area where I hit the PE2 I don't get it.  Yeah but it got you....DUMBASS!!

So next I say screw it I'll fly an HE111 above 5K and go bomb a factory behind the lines.  They'll never expect that.  I fly a covert route along the edges of the map where no one should see me coming. I get 10Km from target, I'm at 5.2K altitude and I'm looking through the bomb-sight getting lined up and what do I hear. FIRST, HE'S ENGAGING!  Oh great here we go get this close and have an enemy fighter find me close to the target before I can drop bombs.I stay in the bomb-sight and continue to work the numbers while I'm hearing bullets hit my HE111.  Then as I approach the drop point the bullets stop and I figured I was on fire (but I wasn't).  Just as I hit the drop button I see a burst of FLAK fill my gunsight and I hear BAM-BAM-BAM-schreech and the HE111 lurches I leave the bomb-sight and look out the window.  Engine 1 the prop is sheared off and there's a hole big enough to drive PICT's and SIDDY's ego through without them touching.  I shut down the engine close the radiators and am amazed I can still hold 5.1K and 225Km/H while making my way back out.  I go back to the bomb sight and close the Bombay doors.  I get back into the pilots position just in time to hear....Yep you guessed it...FIRST!! HE's ENGAGING!!  I see tracers pass over the right wing and engine two.  Then I hear more hits on the wing and see the wing sparkle to life and a fire ensused.  I dove to see if I could put out the fire and the left wing started to come apart.  The HE111 became unstable and I hit the bail out command.  All of my crew left the aircraft ROUND 3.5k in altitude and floated gently to the ground.  I was looking at a creek and thinking I'm going to land in this creek and drown.  I float across the river and settled in the forest beyond.  24HOUR PENALTY!!!!   YOUR AIRCRAFT was shot down BY AI AAA and some random player who got a lucky shot (because he was so bad with the aim in a P40) that I had to bail out.  GO SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK UPON YOUR SINS LUCIFER!!!!!

Move along two days because my DEATH/LIVES counter was at 0 for losing my HE111 to AI AAA and an idiot.
Flying a JABO 109E7 I'm heading towards a bridge and what occurs.......;YES INDEED AI AAA fires on me and hits me hard.  I drop my bomb and what happens....I actually killed a BT7 tank and I didn't know it was there.  I just wanted my E7 to be light and try to run.  But along with the drop and the jinks I got smoked by AAA AI some more causing 91% damage to the plane and 79.5% damage to the pilot.  YOU DIED DUMBASS!! LEARN HOW TO FLY!!!...GO SIT IN THE CORNER!!!!

I am the Devil Lucifer now exorcise me like the mundane horde you are.

Hey JG51_OGG,

don´t take it to personal...   TAW is just the real highest Lewel of IL2 , specially accouraging for playing TEAM Play.

For my experience i just can say:

I love it just because of that ;) !

I first started "Killing all " in expert mode Offline

Than i kept on Online ,...biting the dust...at first..

Now i get about 30-45 kills every night on Berloga , i land at whatever dustroad without damage , most of times end on first positon, On Wings of Lyberty not as good but similar also making 100 gk on one map as bomber..

Than i go to TAW  ... and i just bite the dust again, got shot, killed, humilated ...  its just EXTREM HARD on TAW   , its EXTREM TEAMPLAY , EXTREM GOOD PILOTS !  

and that MAKES IT SO GREAT!!!    

You Fly 40 minutes with you neck getting like rubber because of checking your six  , and suddenly your are in heart bumping hell of a fight , you go down almost fulltime blacking out to get behind one, at the moment i am ready to pull the trigger  i have THREE behind me !! They all fLY  At absolut Limit !!!They fly most in team, comunicate , Know in seconds where you are,  I can shot one down, manouwer one out  BUMM, Bail out ,GameOVER!   Yeah 20 hours to think how to do it better next time....silent going to bed, my wife asking , what happend , what is wrong .... no words...   I LOVE IT  !

Berloga , wol, combat Box its just " KINDERGARTEN " compared to TAW    

Thats all about it  and i think thats why so many love it..

P.S.

I also got killed to often from AAA at first , now  Iam starting to get that F....AAA destroyed ....    Extrem curvelines, zoom and boom and trying to use the Load time for the apropiate final KILL.....      and than i will come back with my biggest bomber ;)  :)

THX for the TAW Team for this great possiblity to really grind up the skills 

HOUH.jpg

Edited by SPEEDWULF77
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, SPEEDWULF77 said:

I love it just because of that ;) !

Nice to see some kind words in here occasionally.

• Upvote 1

My reply to all negative discussion and complaint is that anyone involved in the creation and improvement of the TAW campaigns and system should be treated with reverence. Without such tireless effort (and trying to please everyone) we would never have ended up with the most incredible masterpiece of a gaming platform. WOL KOTA, and CB servers are fun but do not create that visceral challenge, or the need to get back into the fight as soon as able, as does TAW. Without the unique concept of TAW we may as well all go and play at the war thunder arcade level.

I can only hope that the Devs continue to tweak and add more challenge to the already outstanding system, perhaps the destruction of fuel or ammo supplies will affect aircraft load-outs, and static aircraft kills reflect what actual flyable aircraft are available. Perhaps, as in Coconuts great server, front-line based aircraft could be ferried back out of harms way or aircraft ferried up to front line airfields. It's the little things that make the difference and it's the logistics strategy, such as these and the current resupply system, that make or break the planning and success on each map.

Regardless, what transpires from the TAW Dev's brilliance allows us all to have an incredible flying experience. AAA, no matter how much, or how highly tuned, can be outwitted if you know how and can co-ordinate your attack properly. Many of my Ground Attack tutorials deal with this. The nay-sayers will rant that these methods don't work, but the doers make it work, yet not 100% of the time. And isn't that reflective of a real world attack? Probable, acceptable losses...

In the meantime, enjoy the latest epic from the TAW XX campaign, map 5, two days ago:

Awesome live combat footage !   9 bomber formation hitting a German depot despite being jumped by fighters.

Way to go JG51_Ogg and company!!!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Great stuff Ninny, unfortunately due to visuals bug you guys were spotted as Necathor told me he could see you from 60km away; so did the interceptors. But anyway, thanks to that you got an epic video. Very nice, and yes...TAW is very unique.

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Like 1

Nice vid ColNinny. Clearly you enjoy gaming on this server very much. I dont share your enthuziasm regarding gaming on TAW. Many squadrons including "admin" one is just playing like on arcadish WT servers - in fact much more than they dare on CB, WoL etc. So I admit I envy your delight you have. Have fun and many safe landings :)

Edited by CSW_ZVP_Zdenek

I disagree, TAW is the less arcade of them all; i also love Combat Box for different reasons, but the ammount of concentration, commitment, frustration, stress but also joy TAW gives you not other server can offer IMO...and i think this is shared by most here.

Of course as any project it's always possible to make it even better, but TAW has come to a point where it is very fair, and realistic gameplay. I can criticize that VVS planeset it's always trying to be nerfed in the fighter department, no idea why Vya23mm its absent in map 3 when 109Fs can carry gunpods; and also i dont understand why in map 5 the La-5 can´t have the M-82F when it was used in service in december 1942, for example. But all in all, has become a well balanced and great project.

This edition has been really good, the only things i don´t enjoy have nothing to do with TAW devs, but with sim development as i posted here=> 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, =AAA=ColNinny said:

Awesome live combat footage !   9 bomber formation hitting a German depot despite being jumped by fighters.

That was an impressive effort by both parties. Some 109 pilots taking a look at a Pe-2 formation like that would have done a 180 and pretended they didn't see it lol. Nice job on the Pe-2s sticking loosely together in the face of some pretty vicious and well-executed slashing attacks.

Finally got to unleash the tank-killing potential of the Bf 110. Big Props to the SCG Experten for a lethal and devastating fighter umbrella and very proficient ground attackers.

NSFW

1. Profanity

2. Lingerie

3. Custom Skins have full swastikas

CONTENTS: A Pig, Air Kills, Tank Kills, Bonus old-school Christmas Special animation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

technical question at BL - descriptive preamble:

this sortie: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=67999&name=[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo

I was attacked on final (the usual attempted instant PK that seems to be in fashion and trained for atm [40:11 blue:red #nocomment] ) - when my pilot came to after the injury blackout, my transport was still in auto-level in level flight, not streaming, and engines only slighty damaged, attacking plane somehow shot down by my turret (for once, normally they would not take any damage in a high deflection dive aiming for the cockpit.. so purely coincidental [attacker bled energy, leveled and stayed off my left wing  for some reason] save for demonstrating the neutral motivation for UI usage).
Pilot could not bail (but also not bleeding out), plane control inputs could no longer be given, autolevel could not be disengaged (and transport was trimmed on top so would have kept level flight nonetheless), no more attackers present and transport heading on a vector into an empty part of the map.
"Finish mission" also not possible - plane would have continued on a very very very long flight eventually hitting the far far away map border.
So I had to "leave server" via UI (not Alt-F4) and got the DISCO sortie attributed to my account log including the 20hr cooldown (working as intended, no irritation from my side).

Question: What would have been the correct procedure or is there any intended behavior for a situation like this? @=LG/Dev=Skyman_ @=LG=Kathon

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
oh dear, typos

1 hour ago, [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo said:

technical question at BL - descriptive preamble:

this sortie: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=67999&name=[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo

I was attacked on final (the usual attempted instant PK that seems to be in fashion and trained for atm [40:11 blue:red #nocomment] ) - when my pilot came to after the injury blackout, my transport was still in auto-level in level flight, not streaming, and engines only slighty damaged, attacking plane somehow shot down by my turret (for once, normally they would not take any damage in a high deflection dive aiming for the cockpit.. so purely coincidental [attacker bled energy, leveled and stayed off my left wing  for some reason] save for demonstrating the neutral motivation for UI usage).
Pilot could not bail (but also not bleeding out), plane control inputs could no longer be given, autolevel could not be disengaged (and transport was trimmed on top so would have kept level flight nonetheless), no more attackers present and transport heading on a vector into an empty part of the map.
"Finish mission" also not possible - plane would have continued on a very very very long flight eventually hitting the far far away map border.
So I had to "leave server" via UI (not Alt-F4) and got the DISCO sortie attributed to my account log including the 20hr cooldown (working as intended, no irritation from my side).

Question: What would have been the correct procedure or is there any intended behavior for a situation like this? @=LG/Dev=Skyman_ @=LG=Kathon

From the manual:

If pilot disconnects during a flight then all his AK/GK and combat missions are not counted and:
· aircraft is not lost if pilot or aircraft wasn’t damaged at all
· aircraft is lost if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place more than 5min after last damage
· aircraft is lost and AK/GK streak is reset to 0 if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place less than 5min after last damage. Sortie result is DISCO.

So in this case, you were better off waiting at least 5 minutes after you were last damaged, then you would have fallen into the second scenario above.  You would have still lost your aircraft, and the transport mission would not have counted, but at least it wouldn't have been treated as a killed/captured type of DISCO with the 20 hour wait (assuming you were at <0 lives).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo said:

(the usual attempted instant PK that seems to be in fashion and trained for atm [40:11 blue:red #nocomment] ) 

Unfortunately during current map #5 the balance in numbers we had since the beggining it's gone. Yesterday was all day 2:1 mainly and during America's nigh time it reached 4:1. TAW admins have done a lot to prevent this, so it just is the way it is and it seems there is no other option to just deal with it and take advantage of the moments we might have regarding numbers.

And about CK it's an old topic, i don't mind it, but it seems that most people feel it's negative. I also think it adds nothing positive to the whole project so i'm really surprised =LG= squad supports it being the host of TAW, not only they are not against it and forbid it, but actually practice it. I would expect from a project host to be the opposite.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Unfortunately during current map #5 the balance in numbers we had since the beggining it's gone. Yesterday was all day 2:1 mainly and during America's nigh time it reached 4:1. TAW admins have done a lot to prevent this, so it just is the way it is and it seems there is no other option to just deal with it and take advantage of the moments we might have regarding numbers.

And about CK it's an old topic, i don't mind it, but it seems that most people feel it's negative. I also think it adds nothing positive to the whole project so i'm really surprised =LG= squad supports it being the host of TAW, not only they are not against it and forbid it, but actually practice it. I would expect from a project host to be the opposite.

Tonight we were 15 on the German side against 3 on Russian side, lost connection and didnt bother coming back.

Not very exciting really.

Western front might be the opposite though, we will see.

• Upvote 1