=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Do Those who have registred last time have to registrate again ?

Edited by Geleitzug

Seems like the other way around this time.

EXdE8pm.png

45455454454.jpg

In the long run it should hopefully be even, and i that had been training flying vvs planes during the downtime. :)  Well back to the he111 i go.

Kick player after dead?

The server have too few slots. Do you have a way to kick players? This way will make them fly more carefully and will open slots for who wants to play.

As Russian is it still 20% chance of being captured in enemy territory?   If so I'm really ... unlucky. :)

I just lost a ditched LaGG(status was 0/1/0), probably because I died, is this intended? the column shows 0/0/0 now.

Ground kills and combat missions are not counted somehow in the total statistics: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=72AG_terror

If you get killed in sortie, your GK and AK dosnt counted. 

(Если ты погибаешь в вылете или попадаешь в плен, то уничтоженная наземка и сбитые не засчитывает, это было еще в прошлом сезоне)

I cant seem to join a game. I get in the server and select aircraft and loadout. Once i hit start nothing happens. 

server is severely overloaded, its mostly a problem with dserver.exe (see post above yours).

There are problems with DServer.exe application. I suspect that too many people want to connect to the server. DServer counts players many time on it's player list:

error2.jpg

I just tried with the first rush ebbed down... but I could enter the server but not spawn. I tried all spawn points, but "start" does nothing. The other red players reported the same, spawning not possible, one blue player reported that spawning only worked on some airfields

Guys, ive got a bug to report...

My two ditched La5s disappeared from the ditched "counter", i didnt disconnect or crash wile playing either, i did get kicked when trying to grab a mig by accident but got out of it instantly. the kick timer is really fast.

Yup but if we will make it historically then you will have a problem with planes.

Just have the stalemate around Moscow in Winter 1942-1943. Have it so that the frontlines remain pretty constant and there are AT gun positions, dug-in tanks and Artilery positions every 400Metres and have both sides race to kill as many ground targets as possible to win. However, to prevent one or two people from winning the entire map, there has to be heavy AA near the front.

Then, to break up the monotony, just have a stock ground attack mission from the campaign appear(the one where tanks from one side attack AT guns with Artilery support) to represent raiding and skirmishes.

You died.

Reset combat missions and no valid ground kill to you

Got it. Thanks for the info.

Hey Guys, thanks for the new TAW :D

a question...

Can we land transport planes to repair damaged airfields that are active or is this not implemented yet?

Thanks !

S!

Anyone have issues with friendly objectives shooting you with flak?

There are random ground troops with AA on some parts of the map (they dont show as markers on the map either)

Hey guys, dont forget to use the  TAW BUG Report Topic für possible Bugs and stuff like that.

Its just a few topics below this one in the same category.

Am i right that a Combat mission without combat(so 15 mins of flying) will not be counted if i ditch during landing approach? 

Hey guys, dont forget to use the TAW BUG Report Topic für possible Bugs and stuff like that.

Its just a few topics below this one in the same category.

Am i right that a Combat mission without combat(so 15 mins of flying) will not be counted if i ditch during landing approach?

I confirm, hapened to me yesterday

• Upvote 1

SAG yes you can ressuply airfields

New TAW campaign starts 02.10.2016 between 14:00 and 16:00 UTC

No fixed start hour is due to “flood effect” when too many pilots wanted to connect to the server at the exact same time. Registration will be open on Sunday.

We would like to thank all the pilots who donated the TAW server and would like to encourage those who didn’t but want to :) Even one euro, like one beer, is precious for us.

I have created new topic http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25544-taw-bugs-errors-and-problems/ for reporting bugs, errors or problem exclusively. It will be much easier for me to find such things. I will also post this info and other future news in the first post of this topic. It will be easier for you to find out latest news.

Changes and new features:

• “Unknown” result after sortie fixed.
  • Cases when pilot or gunner shot down himself fixed. Now AK is counted to attacker airplane.
  • Registration issues fixed. It’s possible to change pilot name now.
  • Destroying airplane during landing gives “Ditched” instead of “Landed” result.
  • Campaign ends after 360 missions or when one side wins 5 maps in total (it should extend duration of the campaign)
  • You may supply your friendly airfield by transport planes. To fly supply mission you must takeoff from airfield damaged less then 40% and land on airfield damaged more than 0%. One successfully landed transport plane supplies airfield by about 4% and count “combat mission” to pilot. Defense position (anti-tank artillery) can’t be supplied by transport planes (only by supply convoys). Supply missions have no effect on airfield in two cases:
  • airfield was destroyed more than 85% by enemy planes in that mission
  • airfield was captured by enemy transport planes in that mission
  • Capture airfield sortie by transport plane counts “combat mission” to pilot.
  • No more unlimited planes. Transport planes, Ju-87 and Il-2 ’42 are replenish after each mission by 2 planes (and only by 1 if pilot destroys more that planes than are available in mission)

Planeset_v1_3_3.jpg

• Pilot’s death, capture or DISCO resets “combat mission” and ditched planes.
  • Small ground units may be located somewhere near the front line. No icon and any info for them. Watch out, they have AA.
  • New message when enemy plane is near depot.
  • You may have only one TAW account.

And now the most exciting part :)

As I wrote before there is pilot who would like to reward fighter with max AK in total and bomber pilot with max GK in total on Axis and Allied side regardless on campaign result (four pilots will be rewarded). The prize is Battle of Kuban – Premium Edition. Pilots who already own Battle of Kuban will not be taken into account. Sorry L

After end of TAW campaign BoK as a gift will be send to:

• Pilot with max AK in total who doesn’t own BoK on Axis side,
  • Pilot with max AK in total who doesn’t own BoK on Allied side,
  • Pilot with max AG in total who doesn’t own BoK on Axis side,
  • Pilot with max AG in total who doesn’t own BoK on Allied side

It’s expected that winners will activate their awards immediately.

You may find actual AK/GK statistics on http://taw.stg2.de/stats.php as Air Kills and Ground Kills respectively. Remember that AK/GK is counted if you end your sortie alive and not captured.

1. If two or more pilots have the same AK/GK then next determinants are: less deaths, more experience, less flight time.

2. If there is one pilot with max AK and GK on the same side then he will be given only one award. Next award will be given to pilot with second max GK.

3. Other drawn cases will be analyzed individually.

4. Pilots suspected of no fair play will be checked and possible banned and removed from contest. Bear in mind that constantly shooting down the same pilot or group of pilots is very suspicious. Even if you change IP address or create new account with different name there is always the same your USERID in log files.

Good luck!

Edited by =L/R=Leutnant_Artur

There are problems with DServer.exe application. I suspect that too many people want to connect to the server. DServer counts players many time on it's player list:

error2.jpg

Kathon how Wings of liberty is dealing with this issue, it's looks like they do not have that much troubles with dserver?

Question regarding Attrition---

For tour/season 3 -- what are the total number of pilots and aircraft available for each coalition per map?

This time, flying for the Russians against impossible odds, it appears we'll need to focus on driving defense for an attrition win rather than pushing the front line.

Edited by [TWB]Pand
  • Upvote 1

You cant have balanced sides all day, every hour.

This is completly impossible due to many factors and connected with TimeZone and preferation of different nations when choosing sides.

Just used to.

When enemy have the majority, focus on defence.

Stay over own heavily defended objects.

Survive and kill as many bad guys as you can.

Dont risk if you dont have to.

The city which you loose in present mission might be re captured in the next one.

Some of you may say: stupidity...

Really?

No.

Read about eastern front and how many some of the cities/villages were re-captured during the war.

Feel the nonsens of dying for nothing.

Feel the reality of fighting in simulated conflict.

In this season we have preety balanced sides. Just ask Kathon about registered pilots on both sides.

• Upvote 5

Nothing to complain about as the Russins still lead in number of killed Air and Ground Tragets and i think in destruction of cities as well. I guess at the end of the day it will turnover again like yesterday evening with 15 germans and 30 Russians.

I guess at the end of the day it will turnover again like yesterday evening with 15 germans and 30 Russians.

There is public holidays in Germany today -- should not be the norm. ;)

12 hours with german supremacy. Is that i got!

Yesterday i start with 20 germans vs 10 Russians - 21:00 hrs -3 GMT
Today 10:00 hrs -3 GMT - 38 Germans 7 Russians.

Russians have supremacy for about 4 hours and do more on ground.

12 hours with german supremacy. Is that i got!

Yesterday i start with 20 germans vs 10 Russians - 21:00 hrs -3 GMT

Today 10:00 hrs -3 GMT - 38 Germans 7 Russians.

Russians have supremacy for about 4 hours and do more on ground.

Here is the current trend of pilots and their coalition from the time the server was stable until now.  FYI - The time scale is represented for USA/Eastern.

post-24105-0-35807800-1475506966_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

There is public holidays in Germany today -- should not be the norm. ;)

:-) I know, I am from Germany :-)

And i dont think a limit would be good. Since you can ONLY join the side you choose at registration that would mean you will have to wait for others of you team to leave or enemy players to join. In that way the server might be only half full even if there are players that would like to join. And i guess its even more immersion to have unbalanced teams.

:-) I know, I am from Germany :-)

And i dont think a limit would be good. Since you can ONLY join the side you choose at registration that would mean you will have to wait for others of you team to leave or enemy players to join. In that way the server might be only half full even if there are players that would like to join. And i guess its even more immersion to have unbalanced teams.

Let me guess your side, Axis? ;) Anyways, 2:1 ratio stops people from playing. People enter the server, play a little with that ratio and leave frustrated. So a limit at 2:1 would be there to not push out the last pilots of that team holding out.

Don't get me wrong the server is great but I'm afraid in little time the number of red active pilots is going to decrease dramatically. As from this war, you can just log off when its no more 'fun'.

Edited by 216th_Jordan