=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

more or less :dance:

I really like this emoji :dance::dance:

• Haha 3

Early registration as blue or red possible soon ?

12 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Dirt_Merchant said:

Tried to join you, HR department had an issue with it.

Did you try to get your HR department to join too? :dance:

4 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Dirt_Merchant said:

lol they felt it was not aligned to the culture of the company.

Fun fact (that I totally just made up):  People who work in an industry that produces a certain variety of "toys" tend to be prudes.  :dance:

• Haha 2

Wooohoo TAW is being fired up! Rubbing hands together with a smirk :joy: 

Getting ready to once again, die repeatedly, over and over again! On a bright note I have purchased Tacview Advanced. Now every time I repeatedly go down in flames I will at least know why :)

• Like 1

The new TAW campaign starts on Sunday 17.11.2019 at about 12:00 UTC

Changes:

• Tanks from the convoy may create attack formation when are near the enemy city (about 15km). In that case they aren’t in a line on the road but spread out on the grass field. Trucks from that convoy are still on the road (there are two icons on the map: one for the tanks and one for the trucks)

• Support for the big squadrons. In case there is too much difference in number of pilots between sides (over-limit message on the map) members of those squadrons can still spawn and fly together. The “big squadrons” are squadrons with at least 6 active members. How does it work: a member can bypass over-limit message if there is already someone spawned on the server from his squadron. He can do it only once during the mission. As long as he lands on the airfield, ha can take off again. In general it’s to help squadrons fly together.

• In case of too much difference in number of pilots between sides for a longer time during the mission, some front-line airfields from the bigger side are attacked after that mission. It’s like simulating missing pilots from the smaller side to make the game play more balanced.

• The queuing system has been fixed. In some rare cases it was possible to fly on unavailable aircraft or with Time Penalty. Players also got conflicting messages that are ready to take off and can’t fly at the same time.

• After disconnection when neither pilot nor his aircraft was damaged (no DISCO result) this aircraft is out of service (ditched) for the current and next mission. It’s because some players fly over target, drops bombs and deliberately disconnect to fly quickly again without returning to the airfield.
  • It has been relaxed: Disconnection within 5min from take off doesn't count at all. A pilot may have one disconnection within 3 consecutive missions without losing an aircraft for current and next mission.

• Different type of trucks is now in the convoys because of the visibility bug. Some static trucks are still visible from far away and some are not visible just from 400m.

• During the overcast weather AA has much lower AI level (but not on the airfield).

• The new Pz.Kpfw.VI tank added to the convoy from map #5

• Missing bridges and city smokes were added. They are now on all maps.

• Planeset – work in progress

Registration is open.

Good luck! :salute:

P.S. In case of bugs, errors and problems please post it here: 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

After disconnection when neither pilot nor his aircraft was damaged (no DISCO result) this aircraft is out of service (ditched) for the current and next mission. It’s because some players fly over target, drops bombs and deliberately disconnect to fly quickly again without returning to the airfield.

I don't think it's a good idea. It hurts players with non-perfect internet connection, and we all know that when server is crowded, sometimes problems with connection arise.
Okay, I can just take break from flying when my connection goes fubar, I usually do anyways, just  to save my nerves. However I think it is just unfair to lose an aircraft for next mission just because I get random disconnect five minutes after takeoff. Perhaps plane should be ditched only after player scored a GK? It would be less painful in case of connection issues, and still discourage disconnecting right after dropping bombs. Of course there is still a problem with people who miss the target, because they will be able to quit without punishment, but if they can't hit anything they won't be able to exploit that 😁

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Support for the big squadrons. In case there is too much difference in number of pilots between sides (over-limit message on the map) members of those squadrons can still spawn and fly together. For quick test purpose “big squadrons” are squadrons with at least 6 active members with squadron tag in their names registered in the last TAW campaign. How does it work: a member can bypass over-limit message if there is already someone spawned on the server from his squadron. He can do it only once during the mission. As long as he lands on the airfield, ha can take off again. In general it’s to help squadrons fly together.

I would like some clarification here. I think this is quite a good idea. However, it does sound like Tags have now become necessary for certain situations and times of day. 
Hydra has never had a tag since we don't really care that others know who we are. We know who we are, our friends know who we are, and that is all that matters to us. On top of that, I am sure we are not the only group that doesn't use a tag. 
So why is it linked to a squad tag and not a player name or the registered squads instead? We already register in a squad after all.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by BlackHellHound1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

I don't think it's a good idea. It hurts players with non-perfect internet connection, and we all know that when server is crowded, sometimes problems with connection arise.
Okay, I can just take break from flying when my connection goes fubar, I usually do anyways, just  to save my nerves. However I think it is just unfair to lose an aircraft for next mission just because I get random disconnect five minutes after takeoff. Perhaps plane should be ditched only after player scored a GK? It would be less painful in case of connection issues, and still discourage disconnecting right after dropping bombs. Of course there is still a problem with people who miss the target, because they will be able to quit without punishment, but if they can't hit anything they won't be able to exploit that 😁

Yeah - I hear you, but it's called collateral damage - you unintentionally hurt some good guys to get all of the bad guys.

1 minute ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Yeah - I hear you, but it's called collateral damage - you unintentionally hurt some good guys to get all of the bad guys.

I prefer deadly surgical strikes to carpet bombing.

Seriously, why can't we just report people like these? If someone is sketchy, all that needs to be done is checking his TAW log page. If he's repeatedly disconnecting only AFTER dropping bombs (scoring ground kills), ban him. Simple? 

2 hours ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

I would like some clarification here. I think this is quite a good idea. However, it does sound like Tags have now become necessary for certain situations and times of day. 
Hydra has never had a tag since we don't really care that others know who we are. We know who we are, our friends know who we are, and that is all that matters to us. On top of that, I am sure we are not the only group that doesn't use a tag. 
So why is it linked to a squad tag and not a player name or the registered squads instead? We already register in a squad after all.

BlackHellHound1

Because: 

>>> str = "Hydra_BlackHellHound1"
>>> "Hydra_" in str
True

It is more efficient to code. All the code has to do is run through the squadron tables vs the player table as well (..thus take longer and more room for error)

Remember guys - This is a labor of love. Just add the tag OK :gamer:

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

The new TAW campaign starts on Sunday 17.11.2019 at about 12:00 UTC

Yeah the wait is finally over!image.gif.00aa428170e55a674f349ab486b0c870.gif

(Btw - like this emoji)

Edited by Wuerger62

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Support for the big squadrons. In case there is too much difference in number of pilots between sides (over-limit message on the map) members of those squadrons can still spawn and fly together. For quick test purpose “big squadrons” are squadrons with at least 6 active members with squadron tag in their names registered in the last TAW campaign. How does it work: a member can bypass over-limit message if there is already someone spawned on the server from his squadron. He can do it only once during the mission. As long as he lands on the airfield, ha can take off again. In general it’s to help squadrons fly together.

Hi Kathon,

This is a great surpport for the big squardron, normally we have more than 6 pilots online at the same time. 

But we changed our squadron name after the last campaign, from III./JG5 to Great Wall,  the new squadron tag is =GW=

Could you pls help to modify the squadron tag for us, or add our tag to the big squadrion list?

Thank you!:biggrin: 

from @=GEMINI=StrawLegacy who can't currently post it on this thread due to work

i'm StrawLegacy, member of GEMINI squadron, and i have done several taw campaigns in the last years. You should really trying to implement something like a Commander, assigning people to fly only a type of plane or do a specific mission according to the balancement of the current mission (for example "blocking" fighter spawn if a too much high % of the faction Is already playing fighter ecc). The latest TAWs were not fun for groups like us , forced always in the russian faction to have a possibility to join the mission together, and always forced to fly defensive fighters while extremely outnumbered by germans flying mostly fighters (speaking of central Europe time). Finding a way to force people of both factions flying bombers and attackers would be a nice improvement of taw balancement,at least in my opinion.

Anyway thanks for your work as usually,see tou airborne next week guys

Edited by =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

• Planeset – work in progress

I think we should start off with P-40s in our inventory! 😜

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

There is always a room for improvements and this feature can be limited as you proposed to cases when player scored GK and disconnection was within e.g. 5 minutes. 

11 hours ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

BlackHellHound1

The Tag was for the test purpose. We will see how does it work and nothing stands in the way of adding your squadron and other.  :)

8 hours ago, =GW=xshinel said:

Hi Kathon,

This is a great surpport for the big squardron, normally we have more than 6 pilots online at the same time. 

But we changed our squadron name after the last campaign, from III./JG5 to Great Wall,  the new squadron tag is =GW=

Could you pls help to modify the squadron tag for us, or add our tag to the big squadrion list?

Thank you!:biggrin: 

Don't worry, this system is not based on the player name or squad name but on the client ID (unchangeable, internal identifier that is sent to the server when player join it). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

There is always a room for improvements and this feature can be limited as you proposed to cases when player scored GK and disconnection was within e.g. 5 minutes. 

5 minutes is too little

I like how TAW handles these things now. It's not as if someone disconnected would be dying, he's only getting his aircraft put into the hangar. Also: We've often seen fast bomber loners that disconnect when intercepted en-route to target. Also, some people plan their bombing sorties so that they would drop bombs, and then the map flips shortly afterwards. That an exploit in my book, and very close to cheating. If there'd be a condition that lets points count: if after 5-10minutes player is still alive return points fully, else bailed and alive return points deducted. That would solve that issue. Any other condition (dead or captured) would not return points anyway.

That people sort out their internet connectivity issues should be a premise for flying on TAW. There are some people lagging and warping around on WiFi. Absolutely barbaric. :dance:

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

@ SCG_Fenris_Wolf 

Many thanks to your pilots of the Simulated Combat Group. The numerous donations help the server very much. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I've seen Bombers doing "Alt-F4" on their way to the target as well, not only after they scored a GK. The moment their Rear-Gunner starts firing they  chicken out and hit the Disco-Button. So this "5-min-after-GK"-Rule would simply not affect them. I would recommend to keep this new rule as it is for this campaign and see how it works out.

Edited by JG4_Knipser

Pardon posting something that I'm sure has been described earlier in this thread, but kind'a hard to find with 378 pages in it.

1. How does the queue position system work? I was in 11th place, but didn't get the message until I was in a plane, but even with engines off I was kicked because the side has too many players.
  2. I also guess that we can't play on both sides now? Registered with a different name (and updated to that different name on the IL-2 website), but I'm still getting the team-change penalty screen on the server if I try to fly red to balance the teams.

#meetoo 

The axis side was full, so I tried in TAW make a allies pilot and it went ok 

I had to wait 600 sec before log in ....but my flight time as allies is noticed on my German pilots name 

Maybe I need a intro for dummies how to make pilot both sides 

And ... I have very Good net 300/300 and ping is 20 - but I get 'picked off' course net connection 

Edited by Ivanowitch-VR
!!!! I did IT .....😁 Well , not important for you but Steinbaur and Ivanowitch is same person 😎

6 missions in and Red has 2/3 of the map taken?  

Commence forum operation:  Spin the bottle of blame. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

6 missions in and Red has 2/3 of the map taken?  

Commence forum operation:  Spin the bottle of blame. 

70% of us fly Pe-2, while inverse is true for other side. :dance:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

70% of us fly Pe-2, while inverse is true for other side. 

what a sacrifice, to fly Pe-2s 😥

17 minutes ago, SCG_Faerber said:

what a sacrifice, to fly Pe-2s 😥

says the side who got Bf-110 :dance: