=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

On 10/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, Cpt_Siddy said:

You mean, all Never-Russia-wheraboos regretting their evil ways and switching to Allied side after seeing the light in democracy and freedom? 

I bet that other campaign is going to be Axis under manned, and the people who now fly VVS, will have to man the axis side, because ofc we do. 

Help me dog if i see the Whermaconauts who have flied past 2+ years nothing but Axis suddenly switch sides... 

Disable the double account on both sides, make it 10-12 map continuous campaign so we can finally have even teams trough the campaign. 

US planes are finally carrot big enough to make even teams happen, and you are just gonna squander that and let the stacking continue? 

This has been my fear ever since they announced the plane sets for BoBP.  I thought “that’s cool, guess I can play them in a few months when SP campaign comes out”, because no way will sides be even in my time zone in MP.

I don’t expect the two-account system to depart anytime soon.  It was, and is still, quite a hit when it was introduced.  We, Siddy, are in the minority where we put our wishes aside in order to create a decent campaign.  

I’ll expect to play Red early, then Blue late around the BoK maps and into the BoBp campaign.  Can’t be fully upset though, I’m still flying!

On 10/16/2019 at 2:15 AM, =LG=Coldman said:

It could be a prelude to invasion and standard TAW battles.

In my opinion for this purpose, the Arras map and WWI planes are more like

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I think this is a very bad idea.

If they run the bodenplatte campaign between the eastern front TAW, i don't see a problem with it.

Edited by -332FG-Hank_DG
  • Like 1

I think LG should do whatever they think is right and good, its their server they should do what they enjoy and think will be fun. I have faith in them :)

• Upvote 5

Good day friends. I appeal to you on behalf of the entire PanzerJagerStaffel / JG51. In the extreme war of the TAW server, we ran into a problem: There is only one Hs-129 aircraft available for the Sturmovik specialization. This is our main aircraft for completing tasks.  Could you be so kind as to expand the number of He-129s available to two units for specializing in an attack aircraft?  I hope for your understanding. Do not forget that when a large number of attack aircraft appear, the game is quite diverse. Sincerely, II./JG51, Pz.J.St./JG51.

Edited by II./JG51Grasser
  • Upvote 16

i'm always enthusiastic with the work from LG team so I have faith in them no matter what, BUT the chance to run a single combined campaign that moved from 1941-43 in Russia to 1944-45 in western Europe is something that it would be painful not to leverage. It would be the ultimate european WW2 air campaign AND - as many pointed out already - it would likely solve (or mitigate) the current balance issue affecting especially the russian front. Allied superprops lovers would be forced to start with the russian planes and instead blue-enthusiast would move from be slightly advantaged in russia to be sligthly disadvantaged in europe, a perfect and even historical narrative there.

Really hope you can give all this a chance to happen, no matter if it takes some extra time for developing and merging it all.

S!

2 hours ago, =GEMINI=IngegnerTommy said:

It would be the ultimate european WW2 air campaign AND - as many pointed out already - it would likely solve (or mitigate) the current balance issue affecting especially the russian front. Allied superprops lovers would be forced to start with the russian planes and instead blue-enthusiast would move from be slightly advantaged in russia to be sligthly disadvantaged in europe, a perfect and even historical narrative there.

I don't think so... many would sit out the earlier maps flying in other servers or even change teams as the campaign switches to the western front. I don't see many people flying I-16 and LaGG-3 for weeks just so they can get the P-51 in the end, specially if by doing what I mentioned above they are going to get it anyways.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

On 10/25/2019 at 4:59 AM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I don't think so... many would sit out the earlier maps flying in other servers or even change teams as the campaign switches to the western front. I don't see many people flying I-16 and LaGG-3 for weeks just so they can get the P-51 in the end, specially if by doing what I mentioned above they are going to get it anyways.

Yeah, that would take bigger changes. Something that would work is having your results in the early maps affect what planes you have in future maps.

One idea I saw work well would be to have a pool of planes available for the entire team for one map. The best new planes were limited in quantity and only the highest ranking pilots could get them. Rank was based on your results for the entire campaign, not just for that map. So if you're blue and joined the campaign in the last map then you didn't get to fly the Dora or the 262 right away, you needed to grind a lot of missions in an F4 or G2 or Stuka before you rose in rank enough.

Edited by WokeUpDead
grammar corrections
  • Like 3

Dear devs, I would post the idea to consider between your maps, one for Med ( timeframe 1943).

This idea was already posted by me in another servers ( don t want seem boring), but I think can be nice to implement.

I would suggest a invasion Sicily scenario 1943.

I found same little analogy between the two maps.

You could simulate the landing of allied ships to the south west coast of Sicily.

With a bit of fantasy, the possible scenario could be:

Allied planeset with air start

Spit MK 5/9  (more 5 than 9)

P47

P 38

P40

A20

B 25 AI 

Axis planeset:

Mc 202

Me 109 G2/G4/G6

Fw 190 A3/5

Me 110 E/G

HE 111

JU 52

Possible air start mission for Ju 52's going to supply fields or drop paras.

Possible air start AI B 25 going to bomb Axis fields.

Allied have to protect their ships, tanks convoy to conquer fields.

20190426_102944.jpg.fe6a8b5f2d4d3f6bd488306fee9c233a.jpg

20190426_102757.jpg.765bc5db4e8f443b12d85c363d22a028.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe hurricanes also for ground attacks?...

We can consider also to simulate war around stretto di Messina, between Calabria and Sicily..

20191027_175523.jpg

2019_terremoto-messina.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:09 AM, WokeUpDead said:

One idea I saw work well would be to have a pool of planes available for the entire team for one map. The best new planes would be limited in quantity and only the highest ranking pilots could get them. Rank was based on your results for the entire campaign, not just for that map. So if you're blue and join the campaign in the last map then you're not getting to fly the Dora or the 262 right away, you need to grind a lot of missions in an F4 or G2 or Stuka before you rise in rank enough.

Good idea, indeed.

Edited by Wuerger62
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just make it 9 total maps instead of 8, with Bodenplatte as the tie breaker.  If the score is 4/4 when map 8 ends, then "closet 'murican muscle loving" Blue pilots will have to choose whether to defect to Red or stick with it to try to win for their original team.  If the score is 5/3 when map 8 ends, then no BoBp soup for you.

I know it's harsh to put in the possibility that TAW might not see BoBp map or planes except under specific circumstance, ie: a tie breaker map but, It might be for the best.  

• Upvote 1

Good day friends. I appeal to you on behalf of the entire PanzerJagerStaffel / JG51. In the extreme war of the TAW server, we ran into a problem: There is only one Hs-129 aircraft available for the Sturmovik specialization. This is our main aircraft for completing tasks.  Could you be so kind as to expand the number of He-129s available to two units for specializing in an attack aircraft?  I hope for your understanding. Do not forget that when a large number of attack aircraft appear, the game is quite diverse. Sincerely, II./JG51, Pz.J.St./JG51.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, II./JG51Gotz said:

How many times are you guys going to repeat that?

Anyone know an approximate start date for the next campaign?

This time brake is longer because of the of the artillery bug that was intruduced after the latest patch. Here are more detailes about it: 

We need to wait for the devs to fix it. Let's hope it will be soon.

But don't worry I was adding new features to the script and fixing bugs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

4 часа назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

How many times are you guys going to repeat that?

until they answer

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, II./JG51Gotz said:

until they answer

Maybe try PM instead of spamming the thread?

As the use of G Suits are more 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:51 AM, ITAF_Rani said:

Dear devs, I would post the idea to consider between your maps, one for Med ( timeframe 1943).

This idea was already posted by me in another servers ( don t want seem boring), but I think can be nice to implement.

I would suggest a invasion Sicily scenario 1943.

I found same little analogy between the two maps.

You could simulate the landing of allied ships to the south west coast of Sicily.

With a bit of fantasy, the possible scenario could be:

Allied planeset with air start

Spit MK 5/9  (more 5 than 9)

P47

P 38

P40

A20

B 25 AI 

Axis planeset:

Mc 202

Me 109 G2/G4/G6

Fw 190 A3/5

Me 110 E/G

HE 111

JU 52

That would be a hard "NO"! The P47 and P38 are '44 variants with G-Suits enabled, unless this can be disabled (...which I doubt), it will provided an unrealistic advantage to the allies for that era.  

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

That would be a hard "NO"! The P47 and P38 are '44 variants with G-Suits enabled, unless this can be disabled (...which I doubt), it will provided an unrealistic advantage to the allies for that era.  

Or you can just use old G tolerance and have it even steven

10 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Oh my God...do you think a G suit is enough to do a real difference....comon!!

Create a planeset balance...this is the key....but the main problem here is to accept the idea to do something of different .. 

7 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Oh my God...do you think a G suit is enough to do a real difference....comon!!

Create a planeset balance...this is the key....but the main problem here is to accept the idea to do something of different .. 

LOL - when the guy behind you isn't blacking out or redding out while you are, it's a difference. Given the 3 life rule - hell yeah.

When Axis fighters have an advantage, this is completely realistic and they must be allowed to use it to the best of their abilities. When Allied fighters have an advantage, it must be reduced for balance.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Please no bobp planes on my "little" eastern front. No bopb, no g-suit, no vvs tempest, no bullshit 😄. Let's battle it out with the new G system and see who comes out on top. Eastern front is what makes taw so good imo.

But I am all for having a bodp scenario in between campaigns 😎

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Please no bobp planes on my "little" eastern front. No bopb, no g-suit, no vvs tempest, no bullshit 😄. Let's battle it out with the new G system and see who comes out on top. Eastern front is what makes taw so good imo.

But I am all for having a bodp scenario in between campaigns 😎

I tend to agree that BoBp doesn't really go with the Eastern Front flow but, as a stand alone 'filler' campaign between the main show, it would be cool.   

The traditional Blue stack wouldn't be interrupted by the sudden Red tsunami that way.

• Upvote 1

im interesting to know how TAW admins have planned use  M262 on server.

Have the courage and pride to fight in one campaign on all maps and with all planes.
No need to separate the BoBp from other east periods of the war on TAW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Have the courage and pride to fight in one campaign on all maps and with all planes.

What?! Reverse psychology?! Please :rofl:

Edited by JG7_X-Man

On 11/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, RedKestrel said:

When Axis fighters have an advantage, this is completely realistic and they must be allowed to use it to the best of their abilities. When Allied fighters have an advantage, it must be reduced for balance.

+1000)

On 11/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, RedKestrel said:

Correction:  When Axis fighters have an advantage, this is completely realistic and they must be allowed to use it to the best of their abilities. When Russian/lend lease fighters have an advantage, it must be reduced for balance. When American/British (A.K.A. BoBp) fighters are involved, expect Axis to be severely understaffed. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

What advantage, I think K-4 and D-9 will do just fine in Bodenplatte scenario. And don`t touch the G stuff, it`s great. Although I`d leave the 262 out of it.

• Upvote 2

Judging by the performance of the average player I have seen riding the 262, having that thing on the map is more a liability than an advantage. 😉

As far as I am concerned, the only issue I see is with how the G-suit was implemented.

This write up

has proven that every USAAF pilot that flew the P-51, P-38 and P-47 in did not wear a G-suit (...even though there were standard issue as of Nov '44). Also, the RAF didn't definitely use them  as widespread as we were led to think (the suits needed a specific hookup that was not in standard RAF aircraft).

Therefore, I think it the G-suit be implemented only as as a "mod". The same way the armored headrest in the 109E, F & early Gs. Until this is fixed - the aircrafts should not be used in TAW.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I would have done G-suit as a mod in the game and suggested it. But I wouldn't cut it out from TAW even if it was a mod.  P-51 and P-38 can't be left out from the Bodenplatte scenario. It's a +1G for those pilots but that's not so big deal imo.

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:43 AM, Cpt_Siddy said:

Just give everyone Brazilian G suits and be done with it. 

shutterstock_588688o.jpg

• Haha 4

🤦‍♂️

People seem to be suffering from online campaign withdrawl symptoms already :biggrin:

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf