=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

2 hours ago, dog1 said:

REDKESTREL

alt tab works fine , I am registered at TS as SGTROCK must i change to dog1 when playing tactical air war ? i got my TS working and below is an image of what i see , i tried to send you a message or speak but no reply even though you were on  . How do i connect to others in game ? when asked about my position do i give the square i am in ID and vice versa to join ?  in game i am with my steam  username , i had registered both when attempting  at the start . to align all can i delete the steam name from TAW  and just use dog1 ? since it seems its only accepting aminx504 steam  username i aligned TS  with same name  and logging in as well with same name for the statistics . i tried talikng  in game but nobody responds , there was 5-6 players on my side . 

qq.png

result.jpg

In teamspeak you have to be on the right channel for people to hear you and respond. In my case I’m pretty sure I heard you speak but I could not reply as my microphone was not working, I only got it fixed later. When giving your position use the grid square you are in or a nearby city. You can also talk via the in game team test chat. Open the chat with enter, type your message, then hold down Ctrl and hit enter to send it to your team mates. I wouldn’t send a text message via teamspeak as most people won’t see it. I don’t think the TS name matters for TAW, just easier to recognize people I guess. I wouldn’t bother changing that. If I am on tomorrow night and you are on too maybe we can fly together. 

Edited by RedKestrel

how do i adjust the channel for everyone to hear me ? or do i communicate only with the name i highlight from the TS list ? are you pacific or atlanitc time ? what time would you probably be flying  ? 

Edited by dog1

10 hours ago, dog1 said:

qq.png

6 hours ago, dog1 said:

how do i adjust the channel for everyone to hear me ? or do i communicate only with the name i highlight from the TS list ? are you pacific or atlanitc time ? what time would you probably be flying  ? 

The names of the channels are down the left hand side of the ts window: "Welcome Room", "Allies 1", "Ukraine" etc.  You were in the welcome room, while Kestrel was in the "English" room. Only people in your own room can hear you. To change channel - eg. to "English" - you double click on that channel. 

You logged on to the server about 30 mins ago. I tried talking to you in game but I guess you didn't see. In general, everything will run more smoothly if your names are all the same. You can change your TS name in TS, your IL2 name can be changed on the IL2 website, and your TAW name can be changed on the TAW website. Once they're all the same you should find that everything is easier - both for you and the people talking to you.

Hope you work it all out!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dog1 said:

I usually fly from about 7:00 pm to 9:00 PM or so, Eastern Time. I can't make promises as my time is not always my own lol. As Nerfection put above, in TeamSpeak just double click the channel you want to join and you'll be slotted into that channel. You'll hear a notification that you joined a new channel, and get notifications when people leave or join. 

Haha, the back gunner of 110 shot off my tail from La-5FN.

If any gerrys still wants to say that "buhuu pe-2 gunner op", then what the hell you call this shit? :crazy:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

the server crashed and the blue took the city and field.
roll back mission 527

Edited by STOIKIY
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, STOIKIY said:

the server crashed and the blue took the city and field.
roll back mission 527

You wrong! Wait with your comments a bit. We do not cap. Krasnodar

REDKESTREL

your flying times are 12 hrs behind meaning my normal morning hrs which is very good since i'm up and on the pc . I am retired so i'm basically at home in the morning .  If you see aminx504 pls say hello i would love to fly as wing man . I will log in as english from now on . thanks support .

41 minutes ago, dog1 said:

REDKESTREL

your flying times are 12 hrs behind meaning my normal morning hrs which is very good since i'm up and on the pc . I am retired so i'm basically at home in the morning .  If you see aminx504 pls say hello i would love to fly as wing man . I will log in as english from now on . thanks support .

No problem. Hopefully I will find some time to get on in the evenings this week. 

For all that complain about blue stacking, this is how a typical European daytime balance looks on TAW:

Untitled.thumb.png.8cc7b87e5bfd594ca415324f339b1e9d.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

For all that complain about blue stacking, this is how a typical European daytime balance looks on TAW:

yeah cry more.  

You have more bomb load, better fighter planes, and you still dare to complain?

Edited by STOIKIY
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

image.thumb.png.a0ef8cf9f876b35fe459753e7493178e.png

Congrats. You found your "typical" moment and captured it for us. 

Edit: And I am not even complaining, but that was just ridiculous.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

I won’t fly after this war on TAW, with such a balance there is nothing to do here on red side

In addition, the server crashes periodically, allowing the blue side to rush forward even after a huge effort to win

Edited by STOIKIY

3 minutes ago, STOIKIY said:

You have more bomb load, better fighter planes, and you still dare to complain?

The higher bomb load doesnt make any difference on TAW. Even with the huge bombs, you destroy only a few buildings, against artillery positions 1 ton bomb is worse than 2x500.
Against fortifications, 1 ton bomb is completely useless. Once 5 of us dropped 5x1000 bombs on 1 single forty, wich was already badly damaged and we planned every drop. This guy dropped it here, that guy over there and etc. 
The forty was still there.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

The higher bomb load doesnt make any difference on TAW. Even with the huge bombs, you destroy only a few buildings, against artillery positions 1 ton bomb is worse than 2x500.
Against fortifications, 1 ton bomb is completely useless. Once 5 of us dropped 5x1000 bombs on 1 single forty, wich was already badly damaged and we planned every drop. This guy dropped it here, that guy over there and etc. 
The forty was still there.

yeah....)))  https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=78885&name=1./JG42flesch

do u saw some where 35 GK from red plane on one flight?

Edited by STOIKIY

1 minute ago, STOIKIY said:

on ony flight?

Most thats quite rare, needs time because the Ju88 is slow at low altitude but still faster than a 111. Also, you are talking about a sortie wich is quite rare. The Pe2 is fast, dive speed limit is really good, has good defensive armaments, yes, its bomb load is smaller, but its mobile, wich really helps at lower altitude. It's engine management is really simple.
Every plane has its ups and downs, I'm sure you already know that.
That sortie what you posted can be confusing because: all of those kills are soft targets, soft targets can be even strafed by the Pe2s, wich have plenty ammo. 

So, talking about such things doesnt make any sense.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, STOIKIY said:

I won’t fly after this war on TAW, with such a balance there is nothing to do here on red side

In addition, the server crashes periodically, allowing the blue side to rush forward even after a huge effort to win

Coincidence-i-think-not.jpg.4661beb0358d2e8bfc5e36fa634ed702.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Most thats quite rare, needs time because the Ju88 is slow

Are you out of your mind? Ju88 is slow only on takeoff.
after take-off, it accelerates quite quickly and keeps speeds almost the same as a pe2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, STOIKIY said:

Are you out of your mind? Ju88 is slow only on takeoff.
after take-off, it accelerates quite quickly and keeps speeds almost the same as a pe2

Not with the huge bombloads what you mentioned.

1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:

Hi Sheriff, I really like your videos on YT. But I doubt you ever played on TAW to win a map. Which is fine, but you simply can't understand what it feels like to fly 3-4 missions in a row during the evening, trying to stem the tide of Russian armor, under no fighter cover because most of the 109 boys are busy leaving contrails at 7k, only to see it all reversed during the day by a dozen of Russian bombers that flew completely unopposed. And this has been going on since I started flying on TAW 2 years ago.

I have a suggestion: no one takes off until the opposing team has at least 10 players.

PS. If you're going to prove me wrong using statistics, please provide the complete statistics, including the previous campaigns. Otherwise you're simply picking what fits your point.

I have never flown on TAW to win the map. kthen. That was my stint to the TAW forum for a while.

Edit: On TAW i have done everything. Absolutely everything the server has to offer.

I blew tanks up in my Il2/Stuka. Dive bombed in E7s and FWs. Cleared AAA with fighters. I have circled the Depots for hours since they got repeatedly raped. I was the only cover for tanks close the an enemy airfield in bad weather, I level bombed airfields and depots.
I dive bombed despite of having a high airkill streak. I have literately done everything.

At the moment I don't have the time and energy to fly every evening for hours as a relatively new dad. Sry. So my 37 Air kills have to be enough at this point. 

You tell my about cherry picking data, yet you present us a screenshot with a "typical" moment. No that's not typical if I can show you the data for the last 14 days disproving your point. Who cares about past campaigns? They don't matter now. And I cant show you the data. And you know that.

I don't mind to fly on most evenings against higher numbers. I am - and any the other brave souls - are used to that. 

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

I have never flown on TAW to win the map. kthen. That was my stint to the TAW forum for a while.

Edit: On TAW i have dont everything. Absolutly everything the server has to offer.

I blew tanks up in my Il2/Stuka. Dive bombed in E7s and FWs. Cleared AAA with fighters. I have circled the Depots for hours since they got repeatedly raped. I was the only cover for tanks close the an enemy airfield in bad weather, I level bombed airfields and depots.
I dive bombed despite of having a high airkill streak. I have literately done everything.

At the moment I don't have the time and energy to fly every evening for hours as a relatively new dad. Sry. So my 37 Air kills have to be enough at this point. 

You tell my about cherry picking data, yet you present us a screenshot with a "typical" moment. No that's not typical if I can show you the data for the last 14 days disproving your point. Who cares about past campaigns? They don't matter now. And I cant show you the data. And you know that.

I don't mind to fly on most evenings against higher numbers. I am - and any the other brave souls - are used to that. 

Hi Sheriff, like I said I have a great respect for your skills as a fighter pilot and I remember an occasion when you saved me from an enemy fighter on my six on TAW. I said enough already.

4 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I think OpticFlow worked for DNC 2016 Presidential Polling company before this.... :crazy:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

Hi Sheriff, I really like your videos on YT. But I doubt you ever played on TAW to win a map. Which is fine, but you simply can't understand what it feels like to fly 3-4 missions in a row during the evening, trying to stem the tide of Russian armor, under no fighter cover because most of the 109 boys are busy leaving contrails at 7k, only to see it all reversed during the day by a dozen of Russian bombers that flew completely unopposed. And this has been going on since I started flying on TAW 2 years ago.

I have a suggestion: no one takes off until the opposing team has at least 10 players.

PS. If you're going to prove me wrong using statistics, please provide the complete statistics, including the previous campaigns. Otherwise you're simply picking what fits your point.

Swarms of Luftwaffe planes regularly reverse all progress the Soviets may make during peak times all the time.  You are seeing the frustration only from your side, and not seeing that number swings like that happen to both sides, and much more often to the Soviets. Sketch posted the stats above - on average, more Luftwaffe players throughout the entire campaign. Which means that the Luftwaffe more often outnumbers the VVS. Sides are never going to be perfectly balanced at all times.

Flying attack missions with no cover is a way of life on the VVS side simply because there are often not enough players to fly cover and effectively attack. The options are nigh-suicidal missions or flying 'safe' fighter missions to defend your objectives, which often only staves off the inevitable. You have to move mud to win TAW, and that means risk.

All that being said, I would rather fly massively outnumbered than sit around waiting for a quorum that may never happen. I'm lucky when I get an hour or two to play and waiting for 15 minutes or more to fly is a no-go.

• Like 1

Just now, RedKestrel said:

Swarms of Luftwaffe planes regularly reverse all progress the Soviets may make during peak times all the time.  You are seeing the frustration only from your side, and not seeing that number swings like that happen to both sides, and much more often to the Soviets. Sketch posted the stats above - on average, more Luftwaffe players throughout the entire campaign. Which means that the Luftwaffe more often outnumbers the VVS. Sides are never going to be perfectly balanced at all times.

Flying attack missions with no cover is a way of life on the VVS side simply because there are often not enough players to fly cover and effectively attack. The options are nigh-suicidal missions or flying 'safe' fighter missions to defend your objectives, which often only staves off the inevitable. You have to move mud to win TAW, and that means risk.

All that being said, I would rather fly massively outnumbered than sit around waiting for a quorum that may never happen. I'm lucky when I get an hour or two to play and waiting for 15 minutes or more to fly is a no-go.

Here is a screenshot of "stats" that was posted few pages ago on this thread:

pilots_taw_28d.png

To illustrate my statement, lets focus on the previous map, Stalingrad Center, where the reds crushed the blue team in only 6 days. It started on Sept. 2. and ended on September 8. Those days are all covered by the chart. On every single one of them except for the last day (09/08) reds had superiority during most of the European daytime (because of low player numbers). And the evenings when the server was close to full capacity, were a close match in numbers. Yet the big moves on the map were made by those 10 vs 2 (figuratively speaking) during the day time, not by the 40 vs 30 during the evening.

Also, one thing no one mentioned so far when all the talk is about numbers: When you have a 8:1 ratio during the day, you are able to close enemy airfields and have them stay closed for multiple missions ahead. And then the blue team has to fly from the rear when they finally get their numbers up during the European evening. This increases bombers flight time and affects their efficiency a lot (not to mention some people just give up for lack of time). Yesterday I had to fly Ju52 cargo mission during prime time in the evening, together with 3 more pilots, in attempt to repair Steblievskaya. Today its closed again because reds bombed it to 100% destruction while flying unopposed during the day. So all those flights were for nothing...

5 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

I wouldn't be able to fly TAW hardly at all in that case due to the times I'm able to fly.  Blue pretty much has this map wrapped up and along with it winning the whole campaign anyways, so I really don't get why you are complaining.  We've all flown futile missions its just part of the game.  I've seen SCG help stack the sides on TAW before the balancing 25+ to less than 10

Edited by -332FG-Garven

Just now, SCG_OpticFlow said:

Here is a screenshot of "stats" that was posted few pages ago on this thread:

pilots_taw_28d.png

To illustrate my statement, lets focus on the previous map, Stalingrad Center, where the reds crushed the blue team in only 6 days. It started on Sept. 2. and ended on September 8. Those days are all covered by the chart. On every single one of them except for the last day (09/08) reds had superiority during most of the European daytime (because of low player numbers). And the evenings when the server was close to full capacity, were a close match in numbers. Yet the big moves on the map were made by those 10 vs 2 (figuratively speaking) during the day time, not by the 40 vs 30 during the evening.

Also, one thing no one mentioned so far when all the talk is about numbers: When you have a 8:1 ratio during the day, you are able to close enemy airfields and have them stay closed for multiple missions ahead. And then the blue team has to fly from the rear when they finally get their numbers up during the European evening. This increases bombers flight time and affects their efficiency a lot (not to mention some people just give up for lack of time). Yesterday I had to fly Ju52 cargo mission during prime time in the evening, together with 3 more pilots, in attempt to repair Steblievskaya. Today its closed again because reds bombed it to 100% destruction while flying unopposed during the day. So all those flights were for nothing...

I don't know what to say. The enemy takes actions against you and undoes your hard work. Welcome to the reality of a competitive server. I have made repeated attack runs on enemy defenses, helped the city get captured, and then the next day when I fly again its back in enemy hands. it happens.

Look at the map right now. Steblievskaya is closed...but in the last 24 hours Axis has gutted the VVS centre. Just since I was flying less than 12 hours ago Axis has gained two cities and successfully defended one from a tank column. Nothing I did last night had any lasting impact at the cost of 3 lives and several planes. VVS has no strategic depth left, 4 active airfields. Axis has completely reversed our gains from earlier in the map.  Ces't le guerre. 

Axis has won 4 of 7 maps and is poised to win a fifth. What more do you want?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

I don't know what to say. The enemy takes actions against you and undoes your hard work. Welcome to the reality of a competitive server. I have made repeated attack runs on enemy defenses, helped the city get captured, and then the next day when I fly again its back in enemy hands. it happens.

Look at the map right now. Steblievskaya is closed...but in the last 24 hours Axis has gutted the VVS centre. Just since I was flying less than 12 hours ago Axis has gained two cities and successfully defended one from a tank column. Nothing I did last night had any lasting impact at the cost of 3 lives and several planes. VVS has no strategic depth left, 4 active airfields. Axis has completely reversed our gains from earlier in the map.  Ces't le guerre. 

Axis has won 4 of 7 maps and is poised to win a fifth. What more do you want?

I want the answer of the question that I've been wondering since I flew on TAW for the first time: why blue side puts so much more total flying hours in each campaign, has supposedly the better fighters, the heavier bombers, has "stacked" numbers in its favor, yet often loses the campaign or barely achieves parity for all of its extra effort. Is it really due to incompetence as some players have suggested?

Just now, SCG_OpticFlow said:

I want the answer of the question that I've been wondering since I flew on TAW for the first time: why blue side puts so much more total flying hours in each campaign, has supposedly the better fighters, the heavier bombers, has "stacked" numbers in its favor, yet often loses the campaign or barely achieves parity for all of its extra effort. Is it really due to incompetence as some players have suggested?

Do you want the hard truth?

CAN YOU HANDLE THE HARD TRUTH? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

I don't see a small force (less than 10) making big moves on the map all that often, even when they are opposed by just two or three enemies.

Part of it is by design: a small force may be able to capture an enemy airfield near one of their own airfields when they are able to make many short hops to it, but on the next map that captured airfield will be closed for repairs and they will have to fly a lot further to the next target and they will be unable to hit it often enough to destroy it. Then eventually more enemies will show up to the server and some balance will be restored before really huge gains can be made.

Another reason why small forces don't make big gains even when they face just a couple of enemy pilots is lack of real-life discipline on their part; whether it's the reds or blues. In real life, the air force with a huge advantage would send up fighter pilots to fly mostly uneventful and boring cap missions over its own ground forces, but in a game nobody wants to do this on the off-chance that the one enemy on the server will happen to fly to their area. Instead, the team with the advantage will switch to bombers and attackers, or fly their fighters low over enemy targets to strafe and bomb. This will leave important targets uncovered for the team at a disadvantage; that's how I was able to get 22 ground kills in three sorties at the low cost of one ditched plane that was damaged by AA even though I was flying one against nine for a lot of that map yesterday: http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=WokeUpDead These weren't unimportant targets either; I hit the red artillery and tanks that were attacking Steblievskaya which contributed to stopping the attack on that city.

38 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

I don't see a small force (less than 10) making big moves on the map all that often, even when they are opposed by just two or three enemies.

Part of it is by design: a small force may be able to capture an enemy airfield near one of their own airfields when they are able to make many short hops to it, but on the next map that captured airfield will be closed for repairs and they will have to fly a lot further to the next target and they will be unable to hit it often enough to destroy it. Then eventually more enemies will show up to the server and some balance will be restored before really huge gains can be made.

Another reason why small forces don't make big gains even when they face just a couple of enemy pilots is lack of real-life discipline on their part; whether it's the reds or blues. In real life, the air force with a huge advantage would send up fighter pilots to fly mostly uneventful and boring cap missions over its own ground forces, but in a game nobody wants to do this on the off-chance that the one enemy on the server will happen to fly to their area. Instead, the team with the advantage will switch to bombers and attackers, or fly their fighters low over enemy targets to strafe and bomb. This will leave important targets uncovered for the team at a disadvantage; that's how I was able to get 22 ground kills in three sorties at the low cost of one ditched plane that was damaged by AA even though I was flying one against nine for a lot of that map yesterday: http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=WokeUpDead These weren't unimportant targets either; I hit the red artillery and tanks that were attacking Steblievskaya which contributed to stopping the attack on that city.

Even your heroic effort only delayed the inevitable. All of the defenses of Stebli. were destroyed during the day and now despite numeric advantage, we lost the AF to the next tank column. Now Krasnodar is surrounded from all directions except South and within short flying distance from multiple enemy AFs.

1 hour ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

Even your heroic effort only delayed the inevitable. All of the defenses of Stebli. were destroyed during the day and now despite numeric advantage, we lost the AF to the next tank column. Now Krasnodar is surrounded from all directions except South and within short flying distance from multiple enemy AFs.

That's like average red  afternoon experience on TAW.

Stop sobbing in your ice cream bucket, you sound like a teen aged girl.

Right now, in this mission there is supply ships, 25 blues and 14 reds at the timezone where red lose numbers and blues get their Hilary supporters on.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

On 9/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, Cpt_Siddy said:

Haha, the back gunner of 110 shot off my tail from La-5FN.

If any gerrys still wants to say that "buhuu pe-2 gunner op", then what the hell you call this shit? :crazy:

Got 1-shotted the other day on a different server.  The only way a single 110 gunner bullet could have done that was if the bullet went straight down my Yak's cannon barrel and exploded the ammo and engine - blowing it all right into the cockpit.  Pretty sure I heard the 30mm explosion sound play in impact.  Either that or I'm f-king jinxed...   Anyway be careful out there.  

5 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

Well, considering that compared to Axis planes, there are so few Allied planes that have parity in even one aspect of performance much less overall....

2 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

Was it because of server imbalance? Because now blues outnumber reds 2:1, we have 6 undamaged airfields compared to 4 for the reds in various states of damage, and reds can't use Steblievskaya and I'd bet they won't be able to before the end of the map.

20 hours ago, SCG_OpticFlow said:

The Blues won this war flying in the morning European time and having multiple numerical superiority. To win equal forces they are not able

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The Blues won this war flying in the morning European time and having multiple numerical superiority. To win equal forces they are not able

I stand by my proposal that no one takes off until the opposing team has at least N amount of players. I prefer N = 10, although even 5 would work better than what we have now.

Here is what I saw in Kuban map. A day or 2 ago when reds were able to advance very far when the stack was very balanced. Then I saw myself during NA prime when blues had 10 - 1 and ever worse air superiority for 3 consequent missions which completely consumed all advantage that reds gained fighting for few days.

I am sure TAW admins need to address this issue. I might be wrong but in last campaign I saw much less occurrences of it when one side dominated in numbers so greatly for so many consequent missions. In Kuban map it's especially critical with so few AFs and long distances between them.

It is important to get a statistics on how many consequent missions the air superiority was huge, like in 3-4 times (i.e. 10-3 or even 10-2). I think this kind of issue really destroys any competitiveness of the server, and needs to be addressed ASAP in order to keep this server popular.

Edited by 72AG_Obi
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2