=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I apologized on chat at that moment. It has happened to all of us. The only thing ''damn insulting'' is your language on chat. So watch it and i will watch who i am firing at.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, HunDread said:

The Macchi doesn't have the 20 mm on the 1st map.

I was well aware of that, thanks for trying to correct me anyhow :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, HunDread said:

If server rolled to 2nd map since last night then i dont know.

It was the 2nd map, so now you do know.

8 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

You crashed near the depot and you escaped. You should have informed yourself better.
So on ... This is not worth a token here.

I'm not sure I understand your point? If you think I'm complaining about crashing or being shot down, I'm not. That's all part of the fun for me :)  And in this case the bombing results were well worth it :biggrin:

Additionally, I was mistaken earlier, you did receive some damage from my AI gunner. He hit you once for 0.03% worth of damage.

I see that of the many hits you scored on me there were 2 that caused massive damage. One at 32.94% and the other at 75.88%, the one that shot me down. I wondered if a Macchi could inflict that amount of damage on a teflon™ Pe-2 without the non-historical 20mm gunpods? ;)

So, were you using the 20mm gunpods on the Macchi?

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

13 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Relatively new to the server. I've noticed that Blue generally uses the He 111 for level bombing instead of the Ju 88. Does anyone know why? Isn't the Ju 88 a faster, better airframe with a similar payload to the 111?

I dont know why, maybe personal preferences, but...

IMO

Till now in map number 1 there werent ju88.

h111- Better visibility for pilot and gunners, more stable, posibility of 2x1Tn bomb (better for same targets)

J88- worst visibility for pilot and gunners,

much better climb rate and speed, air brakes, a lot of 50 kg bombs ( better for other type of target)

maybe this could help you, from my little experience.

Fun morning dojng ground attack. Apparently I triggered TF out of the red AAA AI

I present to the community for your bemusement the stats from my last mission - please note the several hundred flak hits in about 2 seconds - I seriously have not had a new asshole ever torn like that - if you look at a mission yesterday I was chasing a dumb Il2 and had

3 seperate Il2s chasing and shooting me

1 i16 doing the same! And I lasted much longer LOL

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20587&name=Sublime

I really hope my buddied throw awsy my furry pr0n before they send my effects back to wiesbaden =p

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

Fun morning dojng ground attack. Apparently I triggered TF out of the red AAA AI

I present to the community for your bemusement the stats from my last mission - please note the several hundred flak hits in about 2 seconds - I seriously have not had a new asshole ever torn like that - if you look at a mission yesterday I was chasing a dumb Il2 and had

3 seperate Il2s chasing and shooting me

1 i16 doing the same! And I lasted much longer LOL

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20587&name=Sublime

I really hope my buddied throw awsy my furry pr0n before they send my effects back to wiesbaden =p

For what its worth, usually when you see hundreds of hits for low percentage damage, that means you're on fire, and its the fire constantly doing tiny amounts of damage that gets logged. The damage is 'credited' to whatever set you on fire, usually.

That being said, yeah, AA over the targets on this server is appropriately brutal. I got ripped up in an Il-2 by AA over enemy tanks last night, then got peppered by a 109E (luckily seen off by my fighter cover - thanks Sketch and Co.!) I limped home with one aileron missing, wonky pitch control, damaged rudder...the list goes on. I made it back to the airfield but as soon as my speed dropped for landing so did my wing and I crashed instead of landing properly. If I had been in anything other than an Il-2 I doubt I would have made it home.

With the intense flak, anything other than a single pass attack is nearly suicidal in a slow-moving ground attack plane. In your E-7, the best bet is to get in, drop your bombs, and then get out - aim for flak if you can to make your life easier later. Alternatively, go with a buddy, and one guy drags the flak while the other fighter takes it out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

For what its worth, usually when you see hundreds of hits for low percentage damage, that means you're on fire, and its the fire constantly doing tiny amounts of damage that gets logged. The damage is 'credited' to whatever set you on fire, usually.

That being said, yeah, AA over the targets on this server is appropriately brutal. I got ripped up in an Il-2 by AA over enemy tanks last night, then got peppered by a 109E (luckily seen off by my fighter cover - thanks Sketch and Co.!) I limped home with one aileron missing, wonky pitch control, damaged rudder...the list goes on. I made it back to the airfield but as soon as my speed dropped for landing so did my wing and I crashed instead of landing properly. If I had been in anything other than an Il-2 I doubt I would have made it home.

With the intense flak, anything other than a single pass attack is nearly suicidal in a slow-moving ground attack plane. In your E-7, the best bet is to get in, drop your bombs, and then get out - aim for flak if you can to make your life easier later. Alternatively, go with a buddy, and one guy drags the flak while the other fighter takes it out. 

True there was a fire but at the very end. Seriously at least 3/4s was hits of some sort.  It was hard and fast enough I thought it was a fighter that bounced me. I wasnt tarrying - i had dropped a 250 on the enemy arty (you see at top) which had no AA. I was making back for friendly lines to start a BARCAP for an incoming strike and apparently on my run out from the bombing I flew directly over a Russian tank unit.  One that I ironically bombed in a 110 the sortie before.  Karma via AI

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 335th_GRSavras said:

I apologized on chat at that moment. It has happened to all of us. The only thing ''damn insulting'' is your language on chat. So watch it and i will watch who i am firing at.

No worries GRSavras Sh!t happens and, yes you are right its happened to all of us at one time or another. OGG like me is an old salty Marine who tends to say exactly what is on his mind in that moment. For those not familiar with the way of the Marine Corps this directness can seem a little insulting but, in reality it just good-natured ribbing telling you to get your sh!t in order. I'm sorry you found it insulting and for that I apologize. 

On a side note... I will assume that it was you in the Bf109 I spotted above us. If it was then as a fellow Bf109 drive to another I just want to say great bounce. The discipline you showed to fly out in front of us and then attack from the front is not often seen. JG51 tries to install this level of discipline in its new pilots but more often then not as soon as a less disciplined pilots see a target they engage right away with little to no thought about tactics. Even your targeting of the engine that was already damaged was outstanding.

Please don't let this incident leave a bad feeling between us as we would love to fly with or along side you and your squadron anytime. 

S!

20 hours ago, =BLW=Tales said:

What is your graphical settings?

I'm running the Oculus Rift CV1

3.thumb.png.5c7f2f15c74c7c00f33f3a548077544f.png

1.png.33f60c55c140123040068c855931afc4.png

2.png.baa07506ec5715d83398081e8ef1ee4e.png

Edited by JG51_Moostafa
  • Haha 1

Why does VVS have Pe-2 Ser.87?  It's map #2 and it's not supposed to come until map #3

I thought maybe it was just transport, but I saw that none of the bomb/turret modifications were blocked out?

Just now, FeuerFliegen said:

Why does VVS have Pe-2 Ser.87?  It's map #2 and it's not supposed to come until map #3

I thought maybe it was just transport, but I saw that none of the bomb/turret modifications were blocked out?

If You try and spawn with bombs I think it will kick you out. Kinda like if you spawn in with a plane you don’t have in stock. I haven’t tried it though.

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 9:45 AM, 666GIAP_Necathor said:

Thanks for the new campaing.

I was looking for the new rule of 25km for the tanks that keep the AF close, I think need back for 15 o 10km, with 25km AF in the front was close, yesterday Lotochino was close all day even destroying the column, new one appears at 25 and keep the AF close.

Well is just a suggestion as always,

Thank you.

I have to concur here:  In looking over the past missions for this campaign, there are many instances of tanks spawning within 25 km of the enemy airfield which immediately closes it without giving the other side a chance to defend it.  Tank spawn points should initially be larger than the capture radius in my opinion.

Also, in the manual, it says regarding bombing airfields: "If it’s damaged more 85% then it’s destroyed completely. "  What does this mean exactly?  Does this mean the airfield cannot be repaired and cannot be used again until it captured by opposing tanks?  I originally though airfields just get closed if they are damaged more than 75% or tanks are within their attacking radius.

Last, can a supply plane fly to a closed airfield to provide supply?  I saw in the mission history that closed airfields received air supply which indicates so but has not been true when I tried to do it.

Edited by SCG_Limbo

I just took a transport Ju52 with cargo to Maloyaroslavec.

Landed, ended mission, and my stats say +1 CM.

Mission ends, and on the next mission, it says   Maloyaroslavec Attacked: No Defense: Good  Damage: 0%  Supply: 4%. (it was 4% last mission too)

Under "Last mission events," nothing is listed about Maloyaroslavec.

Why did this have no effect?  Shouldn't it be at 11% supply?

2 hours ago, FeuerFliegen said:

I just took a transport Ju52 with cargo to Maloyaroslavec.

Landed, ended mission, and my stats say +1 CM.

Mission ends, and on the next mission, it says   Maloyaroslavec Attacked: No Defense: Good  Damage: 0%  Supply: 4%. (it was 4% last mission too)

Under "Last mission events," nothing is listed about Maloyaroslavec.

Why did this have no effect?  Shouldn't it be at 11% supply?

You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission

@Fellow Reds, are you using the ts server from TAW or discord?
I'd really like to join a few more coordinated attacks with a few peshkas and not lonewolfing as this tends to end badly :(😄

S!

@benti, there's a pretty regular group of petty friendly types on the Discord most evenings (GMT). Come join!

• Like 1

@[_FLAPS_]Diggun cheers buddy. Are you on the IL2 Discord? I'm not sure if I got the correct one saved, could you be so kind and send me a link? :)

1 hour ago, Benti said:

@Fellow Reds, are you using the ts server from TAW or discord?
I'd really like to join a few more coordinated attacks with a few peshkas and not lonewolfing as this tends to end badly :(😄

S!

When I fly TAW I try and get on the allied TeamSpeak. Best thing to do is to go on the chat and see if anyone is on a different comms...people might have their own discord server, etc.

Goos Job rebuilding the AI around depots.   I was flying timing route to target in an HE111 in the clouds and as I approached the target STILL OBSCURED by clouds it shot me down and it shot down my HE111 wingman .  FIX the flippin AI or turn the crap off on the FOG LADEN CLOUDY DAYS.  Either that or get rid of the GODDOAM CLOUDS so thick you can ride a bycicle on them.

Yes I'm angry and this is unfiltered.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Goos Job rebuilding the AI around depots.   I was flying timing route to target in an HE111 in the clouds and as I approached the target STILL OBSCURED by clouds it shot me down and it shot down my HE111 wingman .  FIX the flippin AI or turn the crap off on the FOG LADEN CLOUDY DAYS.  Either that or get rid of the GODDOAM CLOUDS so thick you can ride a bycicle on them.

Yes I'm angry and this is unfiltered.

Really, I'm with you on this.  But.....  you know the smartass reply is "The Russians had radar too.", right?

25 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

I was flying timing route to target in an HE111 in the clouds and as I approached the target STILL OBSCURED by clouds it shot me down and it shot down my HE111 wingman .  

Sounds more like a problem with the IL-2 BoX engine than the scenario design per se if AI ground gunners can spot and shoot accurately through clouds.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SCG_Limbo said:

Sounds more like a problem with the IL-2 BoX engine than the scenario design per se if AI ground gunners can spot and shoot accurately through clouds.

This.

Last TAW round in one of the Kuban maps my A20 was cut in half by heavy flak (pk for me) approaching an enemy airfield I was going to attempt to level bomb, when I was still in a thick set of clouds at ~4km near the field.

1 hour ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

Why is the attacked airfield accessible to the blue?

Because the tank range is still 15 kM for "border airfields" as Kathon mentioned at the beginning of this TAW.  Zaluje is a border airfield.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Great push yesterday from reds! Checked the map this morning and cant wait to get back into my pe2 to bomb a few more panzer 4's 😄

• Upvote 1

Good day! Today, in mission No. 145, I bombed the Kubinka airfield on He-111. The load was 2x1000, bombs exploded in the hangars, destroying them; in the game statistics, the hangars and artillery counted me dead. At the end of the flight, the statistics on the website showed that I did not damage the airfield, and did not destroy a single unit during this flight. My friend recorded the bombed hangars and was also surprised why not a single object was counted in the statistics. Is this a server error, or is it a feature of it?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=26215&name=Denisik

28 minutes ago, Denisik said:

Good day! Today, in mission No. 145, I bombed the Kubinka airfield on He-111. The load was 2x1000, bombs exploded in the hangars, destroying them; in the game statistics, the hangars and artillery counted me dead. At the end of the flight, the statistics on the website showed that I did not damage the airfield, and did not destroy a single unit during this flight. My friend recorded the bombed hangars and was also surprised why not a single object was counted in the statistics. Is this a server error, or is it a feature of it?

I can't be sure, but Kubinka probably wasn't a front-line airfield during the sortie. Only the airfields with the word "Attack!" underneath them on the map will count in the server stats, so if you bomb an airfield that isnt on the front line it doesn't count towards your statistics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Denisik said:

Looking at that mission, it appears that Kubinka was not a front line location at that time (I.e. not adjacent to the front line).  If so, nothing destroyed at that airfield would count towards the campaign or stats.

During a particular mission, you must look at the in-game map and only attack enemy airfields that have “Attack” next to them, for destroyed objects to count.

• Like 1

Thanks for answers! I did not know about it, then everything works correctly!

1 hour ago, Denisik said:

Thanks for answers! I did not know about it, then everything works correctly!

There are a lot of little things going on in the background of the campaign that aren't readily apparent in-game. If you haven't already, check out the TAW manual. It lays out the mechanics of how it works and, for me at least, helps me understand what my priorities should be on any given sortie.

https://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

• Upvote 1

Hello - i just started playing TAW this week for the reds, and I'm having extremely much fun. There are some things i really, really like in this mod.

• Limited amounts of historically correct aircraft

Even though the I-16 is (in my experience) inferior to the 109s, it is fun to fight between contemporary enemies in a historically correct setting. Limiting the amount of 'good' aircraft ensures that there is a somewhat representative amount of 'low-tier' fighters and attackers around.

• Life-system

I've been playing on the WOL server for some time, and have never really cared whether my pilot dies, get captured or what not after a successful ground attack or combat sortie. It forces you to either alter the play-style or co-operate to make sure that you - and hopefully your plane - is free to fly another sortie. I have never, ever, cared about sweating a shot up Pe-2 with one engine back to the airfield before, but this system forces me to do that - and it's damn rewarding.

I'm slowly starting to get the grip of this, thanks to the guys in the TS3-channel that provides guidance and gives good advice on how to play and survive on the server (pointing a finger to you, Nerfection).

A few things that could be added to the MANUAL - how to use the mission planner (and also where to find it - clicking the map on the TAW website) and that clicking on a CITY-status will give you intelligence photos of the targets you want to hit. If this is already there, and i didnt catch it; excuse my new-ness.

Either way, see you in the skies. Having a lot of fun here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brutalbombs said:

A few things that could be added to the MANUAL - how to use the mission planner (and also where to find it - clicking the map on the TAW website) and that clicking on a CITY-status will give you intelligence photos of the targets you want to hit. If this is already there, and i didn't catch it; excuse my new-ness.

Either way, see you in the skies. Having a lot of fun here.

image.png.0ad621cc12119aca0a91fd243683bb5e.png

Click on the city

I would like to see next TAW moving troops, dedicated bomber, attacker and fighter squadrons, aircraft numbers per squad, dedicated airbases (squads based on a single arfield) like the old il2 1946 TAW.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Click on the city

Excuse me - i didn't express myself correctly. I do know this - but i didn't see it in any manuals, which is my point with (1) the tactical map and (2) the intelligence photographs.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, =BLW=Tales said:

... dedicated bomber, attacker and fighter squadrons, aircraft numbers per squad, dedicated airbases ...

We are working on that. 

Pls be patient! 

;)

Edited by =LG=Flogger
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Could someone clear up my understanding of depots & their destruction please?

A day or so ago, Red side destroyed a Blue depot totally ie., to 100% and it disappeared from the map, as you might expect. But I just noticed that it's back on the map at 35% (I think) destruction.

Is this normal?

The section on depots from TAW rules.

Spoiler

3.6 Depots

Depots are strategic points located far away from the front lines. They consist of many buildings representing factory industries and storages. Depots are heavily defended by AA. You should attack them by the horizontal flight with heavy bombers. The more buildings are destroyed the bigger impact it has on the gameplay.

If two enemy depots are completely destroyed then:

· number of enemy vehicles in tank and supply convoy is reduced by 30%

· supply by enemy trains is reduced by 30%

· strength of enemy defense position is reduced by 30%

· some payload are not available on enemy airfields

· friendly tank convoys spawn more frequently

Destroyed depot is partially rebuild after 15 missions. Damaged depot is repaired a little after each three missions in which it wasn’t attacked. Destroyed buildings are counted as tanks lost in 3:1 ratio.

1 час назад, Pict сказал:

Скрыть содержимое

Destroyed depot is partially rebuild after 15 missions.

15 x 2h = 30h. Looks like it is “day or so”

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, WG_Magners said:

15 x 2h = 30h. Looks like it is “day or so”

Thanks, that's what I was concluding, but was reluctant to believe. Oh well, we will just have to bomb it out of existence again then :) 

==================

Additional thought that I just had. If the depot area falls behind our lines it is automatically removed from the map, this much is for sure. However as the front has been very dynamic on this map, it may just be possible that the depot are goes behind the lines for a while and then the front recedes leaving the depot area back it it's original hands. If that happened, would the depot then reappear?

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

Posted (edited)

Do you have to destroy ** both ** depots for any  effects to take place  as written in the rules or are there effects before then?

Edited by SCG_Limbo