=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Could Kathon or any other guy from the team please confirm if the server is coming up?

I had finally convinced someone that BoX had finally come to a point where he would like it (relaistuc servers with campaigns) but TAW was down and now and am unable to show him. Hopefully the server will be back up soon and he doesnt loose interest! :)

Its hard to vring new peiple into the sim

S!

• Upvote 1

For that reasons .. there is a cheat here, .. because this guy was shotdown but he landed "safe & sound"

So did you see him actually getting shot down? Because as far as I can read from the action log he just made a made a bad landing. Don't understand how that classifies as cheat. 

So did you see him actually getting shot down? Because as far as I can read from the action log he just made a made a bad landing. Don't understand how that classifies as cheat.

He obviously wants to make a case about B777R cheating. Hes just a good pilot, otto, accept that.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

How is possible to Land "safe and Sound" after been shot down ?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=18676&name==AD=B777R

It this a cheat? ..anybody can explain to me?

Wow! Looks like i missed smth!

Actually this is first time i was accused in cheating. And, well, since i never used one, i will take it as a compliment. Thnx :)

Now about exampled sorties... 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=18634&name==AD=B777R

Both times i was heavy damaged. With FW190 - lost half of my elevator and hardlanded on airfield. With Ju88 - landed well on airfield, but my engine died on the way home, so i had to glide back. Was happy to made it back. And both times if you re-check my sorties list - it would be "ditched" in overall status. 

Third sortie...  just hardlanded without any help (was distracted on final approach). Also ditched in my list.

There is clear, that "final damage" came with touchdown, few seconds before i pressed button "mission end" and finished sortie. Any more questions?

So next time, you wanna bring some accusation like that, better check timecode of server events in log file.  Or i gonna challenge you for 1 vs 1 and then will make records public.

Hello there, 

So i lost all my available fighters. What do i do now? Should i fly 3 combat missions with bombers or transport planes? If so, which plane will be resupplied after 3 combat missions? I read the whole manual and it´s very helpful but it is not clear about it.

Thanks!

Wow! Looks like i missed smth!

Actually this is first time i was accused in cheating. And, well, since i never used one, i will take it as a compliment. Thnx :)

Now about exampled sorties... 

Both times i was heavy damaged. With FW190 - lost half of my elevator and hardlanded on airfield. With Ju88 - landed well on airfield, but my engine died on the way home, so i had to glide back. Was happy to made it back. And both times if you re-check my sorties list - it would be "ditched" in overall status. 

Third sortie...  just hardlanded without any help (was distracted on final approach). Also ditched in my list.

There is clear, that "final damage" came with touchdown, few seconds before i pressed button "mission end" and finished sortie. Any more questions?

So next time, you wanna bring some accusation like that, better check timecode of server events in log file.  Or i gonna challenge you for 1 vs 1 and then will make records public.

Casualty or not, ..in your last sortie, .. you was shot down and server reported that you was ditched, but not LANDING  . instead of I noted in my previous post.

And sorry, but a combat 1 vs 1, against a Lagg 3, not means nothing because the Lagg 3 cannon gunnery is OVERmodeled, and my pilot was killed a lot of times with a single shoot of a lagg 3 from 700 mts or more distance, although the real effective range of this weapon was 300 - 400 mts. (Volkov-Yartsev VYa-23, 23 mm anti-tank weapon)
And i think, this is not  the "fair play" proclaimed by the developers.

Probably, You are a good pilot who knows how to exploit the game and server bugs, but this is nothing to do with the real sovietic aircraft, ..and you should know it.

Thans you for your previus answer 

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

Probably, You are a good pilot who knows how to exploit the game and server bugs, but this is nothing to do with the real sovietic aircraft, ..and you should know it.

Thans you for your previus answer 

There is no cheat or exploit, and you should definitely tame down on your accusations.

When you land properly an airplane on an active base, it is always counted as safe and sound status no matter how much the airplane is damaged.

It has always been like that and that's fine because the guy who manage to bring it's aircraft on base on harsh condition deserves it.

The thing the game makes wrong is granting the shot down status when the engine stops and not when the plane ditch somewhere in the wild due to engine failure.

Same thing for cutting the elevator rod, it counts the plane immediately shot down, while the trim is still working and there is no big issues landing it home for minor repairs.

With Ju88 - landed well on airfield, but my engine died on the way home, so i had to glide back. Was happy to made it back. 

I saw yours attack on JU88  when it happened, i was above ready to dive, but do not engage and you went towards east, you had huge leakage and blacked window from oil. Well you must know that yours head is high-priced among the axis fighters ;-)

BTW this things happend to me some times to - be ale to come back after been shot down and have landed status in TAW.

And sorry, but a combat 1 vs 1, against a Lagg 3, not means nothing because the Lagg 3 cannon gunnery is OVERmodeled, and my pilot was killed a lot of times with a single shoot of a lagg 3 from 700 mts or more distance, although the real effective range of this weapon was 300 - 400 mts. (Volkov-Yartsev VYa-23, 23 mm anti-tank weapon)

Obviusly the Lagg 3 is OVERmodeled, the flying stone is provided with a force shell like the death star and laser cannon.  OVERturns, OVERclimbs and OVERruns ANY of 109 models.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Nothing to say about VYa-23 with nuclear head.

• Upvote 2

Congrats for the victory Blue team!

Congrats and THANK YOU developers for this GREAT server. We have been waiting a long time for a server like this.

It would be perfect if teams were even, I dont mean allways even but more than this time.

• Upvote 2

Axis won the Campaign tonight.

Yea thx i ve just noticed that, changing question: how long is break gonna be ? I m not trying to rush you guys its just that flying on other servers is pointless.

That's the effective range to penetrate tank armor.

On paper thin metal like on the 109 it could still get the job done from 3k away

And I'd like to see a man who could survive after receiving a direct hit from a 23mm gun, no matter how far he was sitting from the gun.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to blue players, I think all see chute kills are innecesary , only need play better than reds, I think it's the most short edition until now, maybe campaign need more steel... I think blues win super easy or maybe reds play super bad, something it's wrong , how long was this edition? Anyway congrats to blue players

This is too short flying.

We started 04.09.2016 - ended 16.09.2016 night.

It's 12 days of combat.

Let's make 5 maps to win, or just let server run with rotated maps. Write on main page how is the ratio (i.e. blue 10 maps won - reds 12 maps won) and let ppl fly.

This let you work on new planeset or bug removing.

I understand that admins have a lot of work with current things apeared on server, but I belive that runing server give You (admins) a time to work in more comfortable terms ;)

Last campaign was very hard for me, but brings a lot of fun :)

Yesterday I've flown some on WOL ... that server is like Fiat CC comapred to Yours Ferarri ;)

Wil wait for next one :cool:

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager
  • Upvote 3

coming soon Battle of Moscow, or not yet possible

It's 12 days of combat.

Let's make 5 maps to win, or just let server run with rotated maps. Write on main page how is the ratio (i.e. blue 10 maps won - reds 12 maps won) and let ppl fly.

This let you work on new planeset or bug removing.

I understand that admins have a lot of work with current things apeared on server, but I belive that runing server give You (admins) a time to work in more comfortable terms ;)

Last campaign was very hard for me, but brings a lot of fun :)

Yesterday I've flown some on WOL ... that server is like Fiat CC comapred to Yours Ferarri ;)

Wil wait for next one :cool:

Ramm.

Yes, this round far too quickly

Ramm solution will be nice for time between campaings

;)

Edited by RedEye_Tumu

Well it really played a big role that the teams were not balanced player wise. In the last edition of TAW all AAA needed to be distroyed by attacking aircraft before being able to capture an airfield, while in this edition of TAW you just needed to damage the airfielf to 85% to get it shut down which makes it a lot more easy for the side with the majority of players to take over airfields in a short time and win maps. Also there are a lot more Axis squadrons than allied squadrons which adds more coordinated flying to Axis. (Allied had it too but slightly less coordinated)

Also in the winter map, ground attackers are more easily spotted and destroyed, taking away the single advantage VVS basically had. Thats ok, but it hurts even more with unbalanced player numbers or without harder penalties for axis.

If I bail , and I don't want be killed on chute be a super ACE, I can inmediatly disconnect ? Taw rules say something about this?

If you immediately disconnect you will have DISCO result.

Registered players dont mean active pilots. Maybe on registration you have to show active pilots instead

Good idea, please define "active pilot".

How is possible to Land "safe and Sound" after been shot down ?

was damaged: 0.026 + 0.974 = 1.000  ...and landed "safe and sound"·again

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5457&name==AD=B777R

It this a cheat? ..anybody can explain to me?

He landed on the airfield after being shot down. It's possible with broken engine. 

When you have the aircraft with 1.000 damaged, .. You can not performed a landing, .. the server named that as:"ditching"

Please, Taw Server admin, correct me  if  i am wrong.

If you land on the airfield you get result LANDED. If you land not on airfield but on friendly territory then result is DITCHED. 

It's 12 days of combat.

Hmmm... why not :)

Any chance of restarting the campaign? The weekend is passing and I am already having withdrawal symptoms from not having the TAW server running (missed out last night as it was crashed).

• Upvote 3

20160525_1848295.jpg

Comon how was that Airtoair bomb not a kill? :P

In the track it seems to miss by mere centimeters.. but I wonder if it had normal physics/collision properties. I looks like I shot off the bomb, rather then it beeing dropped and behaves slightly different then a dropped bomb, beeing turned around 180° and having no downward velocity.  Normally, you can colide with shot off parts and take damage, but online some parts like canopies somtimes don´t really colide with other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tJqF0naqo

Edited by Monostripezebra

If you immediately disconnect you will have DISCO result.

Doesn't even need to be immediate either..

I was foolish enough to "Exit" the game after ditching on friendly territory after suffering damage from a Pe2 gunner rather than clicking end mission as I was finished for the night.

I was stationary on the ground for 20 seconds saying goodbye to people on TS before I exited only 200m from my airfield, but that "Disco" still counted as a death.

Ugh, back to WOL. Can you guys restart the last campaign til next one please?

• Upvote 1

I missed the last campaign for 5 days. So, besides F5ing this page every day and night :( , is there any way to get notification(via phone/email etc) when a new campaign begins?

Edited by Lymark
  • Upvote 3

Maybe it could be done this way that it will run without end (until next real campaign) and after every won campaign players may choose their team again. So that would satisfy a lot of people in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

Good job to german team but.... they played a lot of time while no russians were in the server or while too outnumbered. So they destroyed objectives very easily... I don't know if this could be fixed...

Obviusly the Lagg 3 is OVERmodeled, the flying stone is provided with a force shell like the death star and laser cannon.  OVERturns, OVERclimbs and OVERruns ANY of 109 models.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nothing to say about VYa-23 with nuclear head.

Yes, ..but the magic antigravity Flaps created by Harry Potter-osky and Merlin-osky the Magician, works like the real airplane , You can deployed them, at any speed without wobbling,  and zero drag. NASA is studing a copy for next generation of shuttle spaceplanes.  :P  :biggrin: 

What is this a SIMULATOR or a game of planes ?  ... Please, more "FAIR PLAY", a more historical accuracy.  ;)

Dang, I really only enjoy playing BoS on this server.  Hopefully, the next round will start soon.  Thanks to all that make this server possible.

• Upvote 2

Good job to german team but.... they played a lot of time while no russians were in the server or while too outnumbered. So they destroyed objectives very easily... I don't know if this could be fixed...

Great set of maps and targets guys.  I think this campaign however was the most unbalanced yet.  Saw up to 6:1 odds in German favor a few times.  Ahhh...  c'est la vie.

• Upvote 1

... If you immediately disconnect you will have DISCO result.

He landed on the airfield after being shot down. It's possible with broken engine. 

If you land on the airfield you get result LANDED. If you land not on airfield but on friendly territory then result is DITCHED.

Ok, ..thank for answer, 

..but  what happens if you land in your home airfield the airplane with "1.000 damaged " , ..server discount the airplane of your stats,  yes or no??

Ok, ..thank for answer, 

..but  what happens if you land in your home airfield the airplane with "1.000 damaged " , ..server discount the airplane of your stats,  yes or no??

As far as I know, no, you don't loose the airplane. It all boils down to getting that "landed" status at the end of the flight.

It happened to me a few times, and from memory I never lost a critically damaged plane when landing it on an active airfield.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

So is it possible that TAW doesnt take 3 weeks to come back up again? i cant fly if it aint TAW    :joy:  :dash:

• Upvote 2

Great set of maps and targets guys. I think this campaign however was the most unbalanced yet. Saw up to 6:1 odds in German favor a few times. Ahhh... c'est la vie.

http://www.thewetbandits.org/twbstatus/twbcharts/pilots_taw_7d.png

Looks like the Russian team just stopped showing up as the campaign went on. Especially on weekends. But I doubt any server players numbers or "facts" will do much convincing. 6:1 a few times....good one.

• Upvote 1

Yes, ..but the magic antigravity Flaps created by Harry Potter-osky and Merlin-osky the Magician, works like the real airplane , You can deployed them, at any speed without wobbling,  and zero drag. NASA is studing a copy for next generation of shuttle spaceplanes.   :P   :biggrin:

<...>

Only very stupid or unexperienced pilot would use flaps as you mentioned. Let me guess, you just hadn't flew enough on red planes... In that case - just don't repeat smth you heard or read o forum. Sometimes it can be wrong and you would look... well, unexperienced )

99% of time i'm flying on clear wing.

<...> 

sorry, but a combat 1 vs 1, against a Lagg 3, not means nothing because the Lagg 3 cannon gunnery is OVERmodeled, and my pilot was killed a lot of times with a single shoot of a lagg 3 from 700 mts or more distance, although the real effective range of this weapon was 300 - 400 mts. (Volkov-Yartsev VYa-23, 23 mm anti-tank weapon)

<...>

"Cry me a river" © about overpowered russian planes and overmodeled russian guns... Let's name it "LaGGgate"... It's all russian bias... and sure as hell it isn't fair...

Now serious. Normal sniper with mg151 can do miracles. Same as normal sniper with VYa-23. Just aim better.

About 1vs1. I wasn't warning you  about LaGG vs Bf109 (FW190) duel. Actually, in standart international rules 1 vs 1 setup is: same planes, head on start, no shooting before first pass. Altitude of spawn and distance between opponents could be different. Obviously, you hadn't knew about it. But you would remember this rules for good, if wouldn't stop this:

<...>  

I saw yours attack on JU88  when it happened, i was above ready to dive, but do not engage and you went towards east, you had huge leakage and blacked window from oil. Well you must know that yours head is high-priced among the axis fighters ;-)

BTW this things happend to me some times to - be ale to come back after been shot down and have landed status in TAW.

I saw you before my engagement and all the time during it ) But since i was't alone in area i just asked my mate to cover, if you would engage me. You picked him as target for engagement and you were fighting while i was smoking back home )

Thnx for "you must know" - it pleases me )

Edited by =AD=B777R

It's nice to see that You are sorry ... but for me your mistake have more consequences than you imagine.

I lost aircraft and streak. Ok, I can live with that.

But right now I have to fly 5 mission to get back that italian flying brick, cuz sever first count MC202 instead G2 :angry:

Can You give me one of yours G2 or F4 ? Nope ... so next time open your eyes and think, especially when on server are 25 blue and only 2 reds.

Ramm.

ps. it should be some kind of penalty for friendly kills like that one.

Hi Ramm,

I couldn't agree more with you ...

Have fun

Sunnny

post-14399-0-69572400-1474142748_thumb.png

post-14399-0-58262600-1474142758_thumb.png

post-14399-0-26069700-1474142762_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to the winners.

I had fun and I wait for next round.

Thanks for organizing =LG= and StG2.

Congrats to =AD=B777R , impressive killstreak. I have shot you down once but didn't bother to kill you. Once I saw black smoke coming from your engine and you heading away from the fight I was satisfied. It was the next day when I talked to Tomcat and he told me it was you and you had this super streak going.

For a second I regretted I didn't kill you :) but at the end I am happy that I didn't. There was a lot of pilot killing (both on a chute and on the ground) from VVS side. I am glad I didn't resort to that, if someone did it's their choice and I have no problem with it.

• Upvote 2

Thanks again TAW team, enjoyed 100%.

My English is not good (and google does not help much). I have seen many comments about the balance. I think the balance is very influenced by several variables that should not be controlled (or fixed as someones say) because then they would be intervening the essence of the game (simulator about real thing)

DECISION:

And it is that you can decide which side will choose. That can not be repaired because they will be intervening the essence of the game.

TIME:

Everyone is free to play as long as desired. If that is mixed with the other playing time decisions of others pilots, can affect balance. I think that if this is "fixed", also affects the essence of the game.

TIME ZONE:

Definitely in this point,  there is nothing to do.

The previous campaign was won by Russia and the same thing happened. And that last time we talked about the same (and others things too).

Thank you for this map TAW Team.

Greetings to all!

• Upvote 1