=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

54 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

What is your TAW username?

I'm just assuming since I can't find your TAW profile on the website to verify... But here is a possible explanation :
If it's the second time, you can't have 2 lives...
Once you fall at 1 live, you can't have more than 1 live again for this map. So if you already received a 24h penalty on map 6, every time you die on map 6 you receive again the 24h penalty.

Wolfkis

Now i have 1 life yes.
But why? Why i receive 24 hr penalty just because im dieing? Who came up with it? Why can't I have three lives, and die all three times without getting a ban?

8 minutes ago, Drinkis said:

Wolfkis

Now i have 1 life yes.
But why? Why i receive 24 hr penalty just because im dieing? Who came up with it? Why can't I have three lives, and die all three times without getting a ban?

read the manual first then ask. you die 2 times and one disco so you lost 3 lives and got 24 h ban acording to the rules. why you was able to fly? there is a bug probably in script logic so in some circumstances you maybe allowed to fly.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Well it is not very realistic for "day" fighters to fly at night, which is why no serious server intertain night missions.

Aircraft have to be equipped with the correct equipment to be and effective weapon.

Example: Assume any aircraft that does not have an attitude indicator is "100%" a day/fair weather fighter.

I wish we had the "Gneiss" radar option for Pe2 and A-20 and "Lichtenstein" option for Ju88 making them night fighters.

19 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

They literally "watched the fireworks" from the ground.

Wilhelm Frankl disapproves.

1 hour ago, Slawinski said:

...Wilhelm Frankl disapproves.

There were one offs, but nothing warranting any missions.  Thank you acknowledging RADAR would be a requirement do do it correctly.

I am sure there would have been more mission flow at night by "day" aircraft in real life if they could tweak gamma settings of the night sky LOL! :tease:

• Haha 2

If open to suggestions, I would like to suggest to have some option of getting lives back other ways besides the current system of simply a new map, or getting 1 life whenever you lose all lives and get 24 hours ban.

Maybe get one life back every 24 hours regardless of what happens (without going over 3)?

Also it would be way better if it was slightly less than 24 hours, like 12 would be much better, because of an example like this - Say I were to play from 9pm-1am each night.  Let's say I lost my last life around 11pm- I'm banned and can't play the server anymore that night, but also banned for the majority of tomorrow night as well, and would really like the ability to have another chance to play at 9pm a day later.  So even a 18 hour ban would be much easier, and I believe it would still provide basically the same incentive to not do a suicide sortie.  

I do like the reasoning for the current system, as it does make you want to be extremely careful with your life, as you would be in real life, adding to the realism, but it is very disappointing when you get the 24 hour bans, especially if they were to happen 2 times in a row.

It shouldn‘t be allowed to switch sides in one mission. First you fly in one team, know the focused targets and plans, and then you switch side and fight with this Knowledge and advantage against und your former teammates!??!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fritz_Faber said:

It shouldn‘t be allowed to switch sides in one mission. First you fly in one team, know the focused targets and plans, and then you switch side and fight with this Knowledge and advantage against und your former teammates!??!

There is a 10 min penalty for switching sides and most do it to balance the numbers out. There is only so much you can do in a single match and as long as the guy switching sides is giving his best for both sides, I dont see any issues there.

• Thanks 2

In mission #328 we had only a few player each side same time, so team is just able to focus one or two targets. One of our blue team was killed at northern frontline, knew by chat that we are attacking southern tanks. He switched to red and attacked us there. 

Strange for me, sorry.

On current map #7, there is a unbalance on fighters for the red side.

Red side 6 fighters and blue side 7 fighters.

And red side still have the Lagg3 with limitation for the Vya, against 109G2 and better blue planes.

I believe that this situation need to be fixed.

Regards,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fritz_Faber said:

In mission #328 we had only a few player each side same time, so team is just able to focus one or two targets. One of our blue team was killed at northern frontline, knew by chat that we are attacking southern tanks. He switched to red and attacked us there. 

Strange for me, sorry.

Have you ever considered that knowing the enemy numbers is already a quite big advantage. If you relax your rectum because you think it is 4 vs 19 in your favor and then die because of it, dont cry because the killer might have some speculated knowledge that you were in the area, makes you look like a clown. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, 666GIAP_Necathor said:

On current map #7, there is a unbalance on fighters for the red side.

Red side 6 fighters and blue side 7 fighters.

And red side still have the Lagg3 with limitation for the Vya, against 109G2 and better blue planes.

I believe that this situation need to be fixed.

Regards,

I agree on this as well.

Looking at the introduction of the fighters on both sides, the Lagg-3 was introduced at the same time as the Bf-109F4, which stopped being in the inventory after map #6.  Based on the timing and quantity of fighter types on the German side in map #7:

Bf 109 G-2: x/2
Fw 190 A-3: x/2
Bf 109 G-4: x/1
Fw 190 A-5: x/1
Bf 109 G-6: x/1

if the Lagg-3 was replaced, a recommended Russian fighter combination for map #7 could be:

La-5: x/2
Yak-1B ser.127: x/1
Spitfire Mk.VB: x/1
Yak-7B ser.36: x/1
P-39L-1: x/1
La-5FN ser.2: x/1

This seems more representative as the Lagg-3 would have been replaced by the La-5 series in more numbers by this time.

• Upvote 1

It should be of course for each of us to not shoot a defeated opponent on the parachute.

It's a matter of your own character and respect for the enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Server is down - maybe because of the new game version?

1 hour ago, Pikas_62 said:

Server is down - maybe because of the new game version?

i see it's online now

Please add the 262 on the last map for the poops and giggles. TAW red vs blue fight is already done and i want to see how it will be used on TAW... and the comedy that follows from that :^) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, StG77_Kondor said:

heres-that-attention-you-ordered-1492229

On 6/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, -332FG-Garven said:

Image result for let the salt flow

Just so the two of you know it's not a whine but a promise.
Check the closure rate.

So I shall ram all PE2s from now on

until the AI is downgraded to believable.

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Check the closure rate.

Peshka Gunner.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Check the closure rate.

This is not a server issue it's a game issue, why post this here. Everyone is aware of this issue. And it's the same for every gunners. I got nailed by an 88 after I killed his pilot and his gunner just  lasered my plane, his first shots hit my engine and he didn't miss a single one. I lost my 74 ak streak pilot that survived every map so far and I didn't cry on the forums about it ( well now I did)

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=66070&name==FSB=Man-Yac

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I lost my 74 ak streak pilot that survived every map so far and I didn't cry on the forums about it ( well now I did)

The funny part is that most pilots that manage to get a high ak streak die by AI gunners....

Maybe I'll start ramming every Flak 36 gun I see.

Anyway, I thought you were taking your ball and going home:

On 5/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, JG51_Ogg said:

As CO of JG51Molders I have, with the agreement of the leadership, decided to pull our support of the TAW server.  With doing this we will no longer have our squad required to play in the TAW server during the squad night follies.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

The funny part is that most pilots that manage to get a high ak streak die by AI gunners....

Not throwing flowers at myself but usually pilots that manage high streak make few mistakes against ennemy fighters (and bombers but always luck factor whatever the approach). So usually its the gunners that gets them. Or they do ground attack and die to flak. 

I was very lucky not to die so far though, LG squad almost killed me twice in my chute after shooting me down, they are tough nuts to play against for sure. 

3 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

So I shall ram all PE2s from now on until the AI is downgraded to believable.

LOL JG51_Ogg! You just made my F#$%! day!

You have now be upgraded from funny - to funny as hell! Haha:rofl:

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I too died to a gunner :(

While I agree the gunner is broken, I believe the problem affects all planes but it is severely worse because some gunner do not get killed when you shoot their position. They seen invunerable to direct mg and cannon hits in some planes while they are easily killed in others. Not really an issue with the server ... Maybe one day the devs will introduce additional factors to decrease So gunner accuracy like G force, speed, angle and all that. Until then, every attack against pe2s will feel like lottery lol

Posted (edited)

Raid 12 Junkers-88 with cover on the Abganerovo airfield

1.jpg

2.jpg

2а.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

8а.jpg

10.jpg

111.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 16

9 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Check the closure rate.

As any good German pilot will tell you, that is an awful attack angle on that Peshka. You came in from 6 o'clock high and then kept flying straight right next to him with no evasive maneuvers. I would recommend practicing against AI in SP, and working on the weaknesses of all planes - not just the Peshka. There are plenty of German pilots who are very successful at shooting down Peshkas. Instead of coming on the forum to type out vacuous threats, maybe you can learn something from them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Nice but u hit very bad... A Ju88 is not a B17😋

We did not calculate, the field is rather short than the others and chose a delay of 0.5. The part of the pilots for some reason not gone outside bombs. But in general, the field was damaged by 54 %, could have turned out better)

2 hours ago, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

We did not calculate, the field is rather short than the others and chose a delay of 0.5. The part of the pilots for some reason not gone outside bombs. But in general, the field was damaged by 54 %, could have turned out better)

Was so fascinated by the 12 x Ju88 flying together and focused to keep the formation that I missed the AF completely. Bombed the snow somewhere...but was great fun!

10 minutes ago, Fritz_Faber said:

Was so fascinated by the 12 x Ju88 flying together and focused to keep the formation that I missed the AF completely. Bombed the snow somewhere...but was great fun!

Even if you all missed that was incredible! Also, dropping on the leader is more historical than every single plane breaking formation to aim at something.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Fritz_Faber said:

A squad of soldiers, huddled under white blankets and tarps, shivered in the winter dawn. But for the steam of their breaths, you wouldn't even know they were there.

"I do not understand, Comrade Sergeant! Why are we lying out here in the snow?" Asked young private Vasily.

Sergeant Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov regarded Vasily with a cold glare. He explained again with a sigh. "You see, private, the fascist dogs are sending their feeble warplanes to bomb our airfield, and will follow up with a paratrooper drop. Knowing this, we hide in ambush far away from the field. This way, we are safe from the bombs, and the paratroopers will drop right into our ambush!"

Vasily nodded slowly. "I think I understand now, Comrade Sergeant," (he did not). 
"Good."
There was a long pause.
"Do you hear that, Comrade Sergeant?"
Ivan sighed. "Hear what, Vasily?"
"That high pitched whistling sound!"
"I hear nothing, Vasily." Ivan said, uncomfortably.
"And look, up there, those little dots that keep getting bigger and bigger!"
Ivan looked up reluctantly, making out the distant Ju-88, noting the wide open bomb bay doors, and the dozen or so dots gradually expanding in size as they dropped. 

"Oh, Блядь"

Ivan turned to Vasily. "Vasily," he said. "During the next map rotation, I hope that you may respawn as a Pe-2 gunner."
Vasily teared up. "Comrade Sergeant, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!"

From high above Fritz' bombardier saw the puffs of snow as the bombs hit far, far to the east of the airfield.

"Do we have good hits, Hans?" Fritz called out.

"Errrr...Ja, good hits! We...really got them this time!"
For once Hans was right, though he didn't know it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

This is not a server issue it's a game issue, why post this here. Everyone is aware of this issue. And it's the same for every gunners. I got nailed by an 88 after I killed his pilot and his gunner just  lasered my plane, his first shots hit my engine and he didn't miss a single one. I lost my 74 ak streak pilot that survived every map so far and I didn't cry on the forums about it ( well now I did)

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=66070&name==FSB=Man-Yac

Would´ve offer my tailgunner extra ratio of schnapps for that shot if only I would survive! I believe I had set my gunner to shoot at close distance, so maybe you came too close, and without pulling little or no G´s, he had a clear shot. I don´t have recording so I could remember wrong. But yes, I was suprised that he got you 1-2 secs after I was killed.

15 hours ago, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

Raid 12 Junkers-88 with cover on the Abganerovo airfield

Nevermind if you hit or miss, this was awesome! o7

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Kuppis said:

Would´ve offer my tailgunner extra ratio of schnapps for that shot if only I would survive! I believe I had set my gunner to shoot at close distance, so maybe you came too close, and without pulling little or no G´s, he had a clear shot. I don´t have recording so I could remember wrong. But yes, I was suprised that he got you 1-2 secs after I was killed.

I did a bad approach, I came in fast from 3 o'clock after a sharp dive, but you were in a dive too and in winter the speeds are even higher so I ended up in your dead 6. I trained myself to kill the gunner and pilot in the 88, with practice it's not so hard so I was expecting to get your gunner as well, was a mistake from my part, I was confident in the la5 armor glass but I think you put so much bullet through my engine it went into the cockpit.. Paid for my over confidence with my pilot, it happens. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Maybe I'll start ramming every Flak 36 gun I see.

Anyway, I thought you were taking your ball and going home:

We have pulled our support monetarily.  We will no longer contribute.  Didn't say we were leaving it completely.  Just said as you quoted me JG51 Will not fly squad night operations on the TAW server.  Doesn't look to me like I said we were taking our ball.  Looks to me like I said We will take our money elsewhere.

And KONDOR at 700KM/H the angle is good.  The AI is atrocious and can be turned down or off in the Server.  I've done it in our test server.  Make the T^G man operated instead of AI is one way.  Turning them from expert to rookie is another way.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:08 AM, CptSiddy said:

Please add the 262 on the last map for the poops and giggles. TAW red vs blue fight is already done and i want to see how it will be used on TAW... and the comedy that follows from that :^) 

Probably be handled like the P47 Allied pilots for the most part.  The  "I can Turn and Burn in it" crowd will make it fun for the Allies K/D.  Those that use it correctly will get high A/K numbers and die to PE2 even at a 90 degree attack at 950Km/H

Just my thought

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I did a bad approach, I came in fast from 3 o'clock after a sharp dive, but you were in a dive too and in winter the speeds are even higher so I ended up in your dead 6. I trained myself to kill the gunner and pilot in the 88, with practice it's not so hard so I was expecting to get your gunner as well, was a mistake from my part, I was confident in the la5 armor glass but I think you put so much bullet through my engine it went into the cockpit.. Paid for my over confidence with my pilot, it happens. 

Yes, It was very precise shooting from you, I didn’t have time to react at all before you hit me. 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JG51_Ogg said:

We have pulled our support monetarily.  We will no longer contribute.  Didn't say we were leaving it completely.  Just said as you quoted me JG51 Will not fly squad night operations on the TAW server.  Doesn't look to me like I said we were taking our ball.  Looks to me like I said We will take our money elsewhere.

And KONDOR at 700KM/H the angle is good.  The AI is atrocious and can be turned down or off in the Server.  I've done it in our test server.  Make the T^G man operated instead of AI is one way.  Turning them from expert to rookie is another way.

Probably be handled like the P47 Allied pilots for the most part.  The  "I can Turn and Burn in it" crowd will make it fun for the Allies K/D.  Those that use it correctly will get high A/K numbers and die to PE2 even at a 90 degree attack at 950Km/H

Just my thought

We are doomed...who will pay now? 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 7