=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Just now, Rekt said:

He wanted to finally enjoy the electric thrill of shooting down a Pe-2 LOL.

electric thrill as in actually surviving it? ;)

• Haha 1

I'm just wondering - as the server crashed just now - if we can see the combat log of the flight which got interrupted due to the crash?

I'm curious as me and my teammate got a funny/odd event and would like to see who we were fighting.

Additionally I also wonder if you can lose your pilot due to the server crash - if you got damaged in the 5(?) mintues before the crash. Does it count then as a "quit server" where you lose your pilot?

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I'm not familiar with photo recon mechanic from rise of flight, can you elaborate a little more?

There are two kinds of recon in RoF: visual and photo. Mechanic is simple: get within the pre-defined vicinity of the target, and in case of photo recon, you also need to be at the designated altitute and flying the designated direction. Then, an in-game menu option will appear - a camera button for the photo recon or an eyeball button for the visual recon. For camera, you just click the button. For visual it is more interesting - you need to identify the target by selecting the relevant menu option. There is even a guide in the game manual for target identification:

image.thumb.png.4c420ed69ab3144925cfc5c821ef05ee.png 

I guess there may be workarounds in the game engine to implement such recon, but I'm not an expert. Perhaps the radio commands can be customized?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StG77_Jeeves_ said:

A tragic tale of fratricide: 

Yes Yes my bad.  Air field under attack, shot down a 109, turned my head and there were bombers over the field, snapped off a one second burst, and cussed myself.  :) My bad.  

And yes my aim has always been the better part of my flying.  :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've also wondered about maybe using the U2vs for a recon type role where a critical area is designated in the mission design and if the U2vs flys to the area and maybe lands in it.... you would then re-lift and RTB (it would simulate dropping off a forward observer)

The server then reports all enemy movement through that zone for the duration of the map. The areas could be placed forward behind enemy lines on potential flight paths to friendly ground forces giving a kind of early warning of incoming attack flights on the ground targets before they get hit and allowing for an opportunity to intercept. 

Just an idea. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 4

RoF also had artillery spotting missions.  In MP it consisted of flying over the target area for a certain amount of time and artillery would spawn in and destroy a target.  Just another idea for the U-2 as it has a radio load-out option.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Keep getting multiple "Game server connection lost" today for some reason. My net connection is solid and the ping is low when I go to connect, 20 at my latest attempt.

Anyone else getting this?

taw_disco.JPG.ba8ce677f460eab36f3d02febe2e1430.JPG

Absolutely spewing, just successfully bombed a bridge and was almost rtb, when I was disconnected again :dash:

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Pict said:

Keep getting multiple "Game server connection lost" today for some reason. My net connection is solid and the ping is low when I go to connect, 20 at my latest attempt.

Absolutely spewing, just successfully bombed a bridge and was almost rtb, when I was disconnected again :dash:

I've heard some people suffer randomly from this issue. It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason.

In my case, when I get this, its when my connection quality drops suddenly, and my ping spikes briefly, triggering a kick. I personally don't see the messages saying I'll be kicked for low ping but other people on the server at the time have seen it. This despite the fact that I may have been flying for 15 minutes or more. 

35 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason

That's about the size of it. It just happened again while I was starting my take off run. That's over at least 10 times this evening and as many in the afternoon.

Too hard for the moment, I'm off to do other stuff before I get aggravated :) 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

I'm not familiar with photo recon mechanic from rise of flight, can you elaborate a little more?

It's an external flash script connected with the mission, is part of the mission itself and that is downloaded with the mission and executed on each client.

You'll have to be 'in visual range' of the desired 'targets' and make a specified number of photos of the 'targets'.

Distance and altitude can be set, planes have to be equipped with a camera and must fly allmost level.

I've managed to update the basic scripts previously updated by AnKor85 (RoF board) and add some more features
like moving targets and target groups.
But unfortunately I was not able to get the script running in BoX (I was not even able to get it started).
And after some research it seems the connection between the script and the game is not implemented in the game itself...
So even if the script (I've still got the sources from my latest stage running in RoF) could be started under BoX

I fear it won't be able to read the required data (aircraft and target positions x,y,z, ...)

Deci

edit:

Topic in RoF board...

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/29822-camera-icon-dogfight-missions/page-5

Edited by JG4_Deciman

1 hour ago, Pict said:

That's about the size of it. It just happened again while I was starting my take off run. That's over at least 10 times this evening and as many in the afternoon.

Too hard for the moment, I'm off to do other stuff before I get aggravated :) 

See if it happens on other servers when you get back on. People seem to get it on one server for a while, then it fixes it self but then might s tart up on another server. Sorry I couldnt be more help. :/

Is there a way to check all my mission logs and not just the last 50 ones? 

5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I've heard some people suffer randomly from this issue. It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason.

In my case, when I get this, its when my connection quality drops suddenly, and my ping spikes briefly, triggering a kick. I personally don't see the messages saying I'll be kicked for low ping but other people on the server at the time have seen it. This despite the fact that I may have been flying for 15 minutes or more. 

I have this issue on Combat Box. I cannot use that server, have never found a way around it. Perfect connection to all other servers, and high speed cable at home.

It's weird.

12 hours ago, -332FG-Garven said:

RoF also had artillery spotting missions.  In MP it consisted of flying over the target area for a certain amount of time and artillery would spawn in and destroy a target.  Just another idea for the U-2 as it has a radio load-out option.

That sounds like fun.

12 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

See if it happens on other servers when you get back on. People seem to get it on one server for a while, then it fixes it self but then might s tart up on another server. Sorry I couldnt be more help. :/

No worries Kestrel, I had other stuff to do anyhow and it was a good excuse to get them done :)

I've just been on TAW for a few hours with no issues, didn't even get shot down for a refreshing change :biggrin:

Looks like map#5 will be done shorty as the Axis are backed into a corner with just one aerodrome...gonna miss the Pe-2-35 as it's not available as a bomber in map#6.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pict said:

No worries Kestrel, I had other stuff to do anyhow and it was a good excuse to get them done :)

I've just been on TAW for a few hours with no issues, didn't even get shot down for a refreshing change :biggrin:

Looks like map#5 will be done shorty as the Axis are backed into a corner with just one aerodrome...gonna miss the Pe-2-35 as it's not available as a bomber in map#6.

Glad to hear it! The server connection, not the imminent loss of the Pe-2-35.

21 hours ago, Pict said:

There are threads about this error, technical reports but all of them without responses from Devs.

Since update 3.09 (i think) i'm getting this error.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/43022-error-10009-game-server-connection-lost/

Nothing special in TAW server, it's a game bug.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes balance system makes me cry  😃

image.thumb.png.13177f062f0fdb0c20c89fc22afc7619.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, on the Kuban map, losing the front line airfields temporarily due to imbalance can be a bummer.  Already lengthy flights due to the sparsity of and distance between airfields can become marathon cross country flights.

Long distances? And to me this map would be more objectives and missions over the water, far out to sea.

Hi gentlemen, Has anyone already had similar problems? I hit with 4 bombs of 500 kg but no result

2067142011_bomb2.thumb.jpg.32314bb921f0a33a8385d6458fc4d9e9.jpg1907162253_bombs3.thumb.jpg.2935d125777b31f3aa067a3c4f088bce.jpg

image.jpeg.c66d3ceac5c485ff8db8cbd91e9e55c0.jpeg

808392517_bombresult.thumb.jpg.6cb9cbf7f2e20153ff20cc32cd925126.jpg

10 минут назад, ITA_SUPMannaia сказал:

Hi gentlemen, Has anyone already had similar problems? I hit with 4 bombs of 500 kg but no result

Looks like you bombed not a frontline airfield (frontline AF marked at map with "attack" sign)

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, WG_Magners said:

Looks like you bombed not a frontline airfield (frontline AF marked at map with "attack" sign)

Yep, but this airfield was operative, with a/c on take off aslo!

This is why it seems very strange to me that the statistics do not even show damage...
But problably you are right... 😓

Edited by ITA_SUPMannaia

3 hours ago, WG_Magners said:

Exactly

On 6/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

Yes Yes my bad.  Air field under attack, shot down a 109, turned my head and there were bombers over the field, snapped off a one second burst, and cussed myself.  :) My bad.  

And yes my aim has always been the better part of my flying.  :)

Damn.  It's not everyday I get a soulful apology from Main Ingredient.  Apology accepted!  

• Upvote 1

I was wondering about the medals that you get when your pilot achieves certain streaks. It seems the soviets have 3 empty medal slots and the germans 4, I have never seen a pilot with these last ones. Is this meant to be like this or is it a crazy high streak you need to get?

Kuban map, right now....

Why is a Bf109 F-4 not allowed to have 20mm gun pods out of Steblievskya, but you can out of other locations such as Anastasievskaya?

14 hours ago, ITA_SUPMannaia said:

Yep, but this airfield was operative, with a/c on take off aslo!

This is why it seems very strange to me that the statistics do not even show damage...
But problably you are right... 😓

Maybe just read the manual...

airfields.png

3 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Maybe just read the manual...

airfields.png

Excuse me if I wrote straight away. I do not have the regulation written in mind. And then I asked politely.

let me guess.I bet you are also one who shoots parachutes ... ;):coffee:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ITA_SUPMannaia said:

Excuse me if I wrote straight away. I do not have the regulation written in mind. And then I asked politely.

let me guess.I bet you are also one who shoots parachutes ... ;):coffee:

By the time you took to make your 4 screenshots and post them on forum, you could just simply check the server manual, look in the "airfield" section and have your answer.

That was my point.

And I answered quite politely, no need to be rude. I don't see any relation between my answer and the "shoot parachute" thing? (which is, by the way, something I never did ;) )

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

Obviously it was a provocation. I'm happy to hear this. 🙂

Because I had already had a comprehensive answer and if I could have been naive, your intervention was  redundant and probably badly set. If it was sarcasm the message has not passed. Sorry.
As you can see, forum posts can always be misinterpreted. Better to spend two more courteous words among friends, right?

Without further annoying the other users, if you desire we can continue the clarifications in pm.
Cheers :fly:

11 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I was wondering about the medals that you get when your pilot achieves certain streaks. It seems the soviets have 3 empty medal slots and the germans 4, I have never seen a pilot with these last ones. Is this meant to be like this or is it a crazy high streak you need to get?

I would not say it is a crazy high streak, but it is not easy to achieve them. So far, I've seen only one player who was close to get all medals.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, =LG=Padre said:

I would not say it is a crazy high streak, but it is not easy to achieve them. So far, I've seen only one player who was close to get all medals.

HvB just got one I have never seen before. Also it seems it just with Air Kills and Ground Kills it doesn't really do justice to tank busters! Maybe intergrate a certain amount of Tank Kills for them too in a next edition?

8 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

HvB just got one I have never seen before. Also it seems it just with Air Kills and Ground Kills it doesn't really do justice to tank busters! Maybe intergrate a certain amount of Tank Kills for them too in a next edition?

You are right.  We will take into consideration your idea.

• Upvote 2

I have to say, after a few sorties its disappointing. I don't fly red and don't want to. The life cap doesn't bother me, but the balance feature is annoying. When I'm told I cant take off due to balance, I just leave. I cant be bothered...

• Sad 1

Hallo,

ich habe ein paar Fragen, auf die ich leider im TAW-Handbuch keine Antworten gefunden habe.

1. Was bedeuten die großen schraffierten Gebiete auf der Karte (nicht die kleinen Absprungzonen)?

2. Transport: Heinkel und Co müssen ja mit 100% Treibstoff starten und auf dem zu unterstützenden Platz landen und Mission beenden.

Die Ju52 hat die Ladung an Bord. Muss sie auch mit 100% Treibstoff gefüllt sein?

Kann ich nach der Landung die Mission beenden, oder muß ich sie entladen und zurückfliegen?

Viele Grüße aus dem Norden

•  

3 hours ago, [ER]Nordseefischer said:

Hallo,

ich habe ein paar Fragen, auf die ich leider im TAW-Handbuch keine Antworten gefunden habe.

1. Was bedeuten die großen schraffierten Gebiete auf der Karte (nicht die kleinen Absprungzonen)?

2. Transport: Heinkel und Co müssen ja mit 100% Treibstoff starten und auf dem zu unterstützenden Platz landen und Mission beenden.

Die Ju52 hat die Ladung an Bord. Muss sie auch mit 100% Treibstoff gefüllt sein?

Kann ich nach der Landung die Mission beenden, oder muß ich sie entladen und zurückfliegen?

Viele Grüße aus dem Norden

•  

English please ...

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=59187&name=Flanker-E

So I am legitimely curious how come I wasn't awarded this kill, I have done about 60 percent damage to the 109, I cut his tail off and it was spinning, going down. Then a hungry angry  yak 1-69 came along hit it once with shkas and rammed his plane. And how is his ram  considered as damage he inflicted, usually it's just considered as damag but inflicted by no one. Btw I was credited in game. How is it different server side? 

Maybe flex tape guy thought he could fix his tail back 😂

• Like 1