=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

RIP. My sincere condolences.

Edited by JG4_Oxyd

On 5/31/2019 at 1:15 PM, =KK=Des_ said:

Unfortunately it's a broken FM!!(( Try to do this in DCS!!! Impossible i hope.

It is really something that killed a lot of enjoyment for me in the game, especially because it has become more and more common.

16 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

It is really something that killed a lot of enjoyment for me in the game, especially because it has become more and more common.

Yeah, the joy waggle and the flaps abuse are the bane of any interesting dogfight. 

• Upvote 1

Rest In Peace  303_Kwiatek!  Prayers for family and friends as well.

Transport missions are impossible now if the player has  lost the bombers that are used as transports.  Before if you took an 'empty payload' the server recognized that you were using a transport and not a bomber; now it does not notice the difference.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:24 PM, Fritz_Faber said:

Who is pilot 'catadiopre'?

In mission #226 he was circling over blue Airfield Morozovskiy with his 109G2, killed blue teammate PPSH41- just taking off with He111....then exit, don't see him in Mission results or statistics?

catadiopre.jpg

He is not registered, so there isn't any pilot's profile. He was kicked three times from the server during that mission but eventually he was able to took off ( I will have to check why).

30 minutes ago, VF-31_Killer_B said:

Transport missions are impossible now if the player has  lost the bombers that are used as transports.  Before if you took an 'empty payload' the server recognized that you were using a transport and not a bomber; now it does not notice the difference.

Did you take 100% of fuel for transport mission?

Posted (edited)

Bombed Skvorin with 2xSC1000, got 4 accidental AK but no GK despite hangars intact before and destoyed after - any reason for that?

image.thumb.png.156739c091e89807d09b16dcbf269567.png

Edited by Slawinski
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Woah, nice bombs Kamerad, teach me! 😀

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slawinski said:

Bombed Skvorin with 2xSC1000, got 4 accidental AK but no GK despite hangars intact before and destoyed after - any reason for that?

image.thumb.png.156739c091e89807d09b16dcbf269567.png

Since you posted this 6 hours ago I assume that TAW map was almost the same as it is now.

So the reason is simple : Skvorin is not on frontline. 
This means that it "can't" be attacked. You can actually destroy buildings on it, but any ground destruction on this airfield is not counted in your statistics (and will not influence in any way the campaign).

Frontline airfields are marked with an "Attack" message on the in-game map, it's useless to bomb other airfields since it will not have any effect (except if you're lucky enough to bomb planes taking off 🤣)

• Thanks 1

For next campaign. Would it be a possibility to give the U2vs the photo recon mechanic from rise of flight? Or sapper insertion as someone else suggest? Really want to fly the badboy, but its not really viable in anyway at the moment. 

• Upvote 2

Hmmm... flight of 4 bombers near my own base not taking a single round of flak.... Tail gunners not shooting at me.... MUST BE BANDITS!! lol

(That was a nice deflection shot for someone who apparently has the visual acuity of Stevie Wonder)

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SCG_Kuppis said:

Hi,

I was wondering why I didn´t get the CM (nor the ground kill) from this sortie:
http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=51991&name=SCG_Kuppis

My squad mate did get CM, and we flew in the same flight, same amount of time  (roughly 22 min) , with same planes (Bf110´s) and attacked the same target.

Thanks!

You destroyed friendly unit. No CM in that case.

4 hours ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

For next campaign. Would it be a possibility to give the U2vs the photo recon mechanic from rise of flight? Or sapper insertion as someone else suggest? Really want to fly the badboy, but its not really viable in anyway at the moment. 

I'm not familiar with photo recon mechanic from rise of flight, can you elaborate a little more?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StG77_Jeeves_ said:

A tragic tale of fratricide: 

If its got twin tails, its a 110. If its got twin tails and its not getting flak over friendly airfield, its a SNEAKY 110!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

If its got twin tails, its a 110. If its got twin tails and its not getting flak over friendly airfield, its a SNEAKY 110!

4 hours ago, Darbzy said:

Hmmm... flight of 4 bombers near my own base not taking a single round of flak.... Tail gunners not shooting at me.... MUST BE BANDITS!! lol

(That was a nice deflection shot for someone who apparently has the visual acuity of Stevie Wonder)

He wanted to finally enjoy the electric thrill of shooting down a Pe-2 LOL.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rekt said:

He wanted to finally enjoy the electric thrill of shooting down a Pe-2 LOL.

electric thrill as in actually surviving it? ;)

• Haha 1

I'm just wondering - as the server crashed just now - if we can see the combat log of the flight which got interrupted due to the crash?

I'm curious as me and my teammate got a funny/odd event and would like to see who we were fighting.

Additionally I also wonder if you can lose your pilot due to the server crash - if you got damaged in the 5(?) mintues before the crash. Does it count then as a "quit server" where you lose your pilot?

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I'm not familiar with photo recon mechanic from rise of flight, can you elaborate a little more?

There are two kinds of recon in RoF: visual and photo. Mechanic is simple: get within the pre-defined vicinity of the target, and in case of photo recon, you also need to be at the designated altitute and flying the designated direction. Then, an in-game menu option will appear - a camera button for the photo recon or an eyeball button for the visual recon. For camera, you just click the button. For visual it is more interesting - you need to identify the target by selecting the relevant menu option. There is even a guide in the game manual for target identification:

image.thumb.png.4c420ed69ab3144925cfc5c821ef05ee.png 

I guess there may be workarounds in the game engine to implement such recon, but I'm not an expert. Perhaps the radio commands can be customized?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StG77_Jeeves_ said:

A tragic tale of fratricide: 

Yes Yes my bad.  Air field under attack, shot down a 109, turned my head and there were bombers over the field, snapped off a one second burst, and cussed myself.  :) My bad.  

And yes my aim has always been the better part of my flying.  :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've also wondered about maybe using the U2vs for a recon type role where a critical area is designated in the mission design and if the U2vs flys to the area and maybe lands in it.... you would then re-lift and RTB (it would simulate dropping off a forward observer)

The server then reports all enemy movement through that zone for the duration of the map. The areas could be placed forward behind enemy lines on potential flight paths to friendly ground forces giving a kind of early warning of incoming attack flights on the ground targets before they get hit and allowing for an opportunity to intercept. 

Just an idea. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 4

RoF also had artillery spotting missions.  In MP it consisted of flying over the target area for a certain amount of time and artillery would spawn in and destroy a target.  Just another idea for the U-2 as it has a radio load-out option.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Keep getting multiple "Game server connection lost" today for some reason. My net connection is solid and the ping is low when I go to connect, 20 at my latest attempt.

Anyone else getting this?

taw_disco.JPG.ba8ce677f460eab36f3d02febe2e1430.JPG

Absolutely spewing, just successfully bombed a bridge and was almost rtb, when I was disconnected again :dash:

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Pict said:

Keep getting multiple "Game server connection lost" today for some reason. My net connection is solid and the ping is low when I go to connect, 20 at my latest attempt.

Absolutely spewing, just successfully bombed a bridge and was almost rtb, when I was disconnected again :dash:

I've heard some people suffer randomly from this issue. It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason.

In my case, when I get this, its when my connection quality drops suddenly, and my ping spikes briefly, triggering a kick. I personally don't see the messages saying I'll be kicked for low ping but other people on the server at the time have seen it. This despite the fact that I may have been flying for 15 minutes or more. 

35 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason

That's about the size of it. It just happened again while I was starting my take off run. That's over at least 10 times this evening and as many in the afternoon.

Too hard for the moment, I'm off to do other stuff before I get aggravated :) 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

It's an external flash script connected with the mission, is part of the mission itself and that is downloaded with the mission and executed on each client.

You'll have to be 'in visual range' of the desired 'targets' and make a specified number of photos of the 'targets'.

Distance and altitude can be set, planes have to be equipped with a camera and must fly allmost level.

I've managed to update the basic scripts previously updated by AnKor85 (RoF board) and add some more features
like moving targets and target groups.
But unfortunately I was not able to get the script running in BoX (I was not even able to get it started).
And after some research it seems the connection between the script and the game is not implemented in the game itself...
So even if the script (I've still got the sources from my latest stage running in RoF) could be started under BoX

I fear it won't be able to read the required data (aircraft and target positions x,y,z, ...)

Deci

edit:

Topic in RoF board...

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/29822-camera-icon-dogfight-missions/page-5

Edited by JG4_Deciman

1 hour ago, Pict said:

That's about the size of it. It just happened again while I was starting my take off run. That's over at least 10 times this evening and as many in the afternoon.

Too hard for the moment, I'm off to do other stuff before I get aggravated :) 

See if it happens on other servers when you get back on. People seem to get it on one server for a while, then it fixes it self but then might s tart up on another server. Sorry I couldnt be more help. :/

Is there a way to check all my mission logs and not just the last 50 ones? 

5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I've heard some people suffer randomly from this issue. It appears persistent but the cause is not definitely known. Basically, people with great internet connections and low ping will get kicked for no known reason.

In my case, when I get this, its when my connection quality drops suddenly, and my ping spikes briefly, triggering a kick. I personally don't see the messages saying I'll be kicked for low ping but other people on the server at the time have seen it. This despite the fact that I may have been flying for 15 minutes or more. 

I have this issue on Combat Box. I cannot use that server, have never found a way around it. Perfect connection to all other servers, and high speed cable at home.

It's weird.

12 hours ago, -332FG-Garven said:

RoF also had artillery spotting missions.  In MP it consisted of flying over the target area for a certain amount of time and artillery would spawn in and destroy a target.  Just another idea for the U-2 as it has a radio load-out option.

That sounds like fun.

12 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

See if it happens on other servers when you get back on. People seem to get it on one server for a while, then it fixes it self but then might s tart up on another server. Sorry I couldnt be more help. :/

No worries Kestrel, I had other stuff to do anyhow and it was a good excuse to get them done :)

I've just been on TAW for a few hours with no issues, didn't even get shot down for a refreshing change :biggrin:

Looks like map#5 will be done shorty as the Axis are backed into a corner with just one aerodrome...gonna miss the Pe-2-35 as it's not available as a bomber in map#6.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pict said:

No worries Kestrel, I had other stuff to do anyhow and it was a good excuse to get them done :)

I've just been on TAW for a few hours with no issues, didn't even get shot down for a refreshing change :biggrin:

Looks like map#5 will be done shorty as the Axis are backed into a corner with just one aerodrome...gonna miss the Pe-2-35 as it's not available as a bomber in map#6.

Glad to hear it! The server connection, not the imminent loss of the Pe-2-35.

21 hours ago, Pict said:

There are threads about this error, technical reports but all of them without responses from Devs.

Since update 3.09 (i think) i'm getting this error.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/43022-error-10009-game-server-connection-lost/

Nothing special in TAW server, it's a game bug.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes balance system makes me cry  😃

image.thumb.png.13177f062f0fdb0c20c89fc22afc7619.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1