Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Why not? 

Because the admins stated multiple times that they will not forbid chute killing and do it themselves very openly. I mean yes, you can make that poll, but without the admins openly saying that they will bow to the majority on this, which they never did, it's pointless. 

Edited by Etherlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been stated/asked before, if the “end of mission” counter was reduced from 15 seconds to 3-5 seconds, this conversation probably wouldn’t be taking place, as there’s be little time to spot, track and shoot someone in a chute before their sortie ended.  I was one of those re-asking to reduce the timer given the 3 lives per map change (I.e. in that lives are even more “precious” than before).

 

However, since this timer has never been reduced by the administrators of the server, it’s clear that they aren’t actively preventing it from happening, so it is what it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, =AVG77=REDMAN said:

I don't care how many times it's been talked about if you don't like it don't read it. 

Don't like it? Don't play it. See? Cheap argument, but kinda funny that we wouldn't have this pointless discussion again if you'd followed your own line of thinking before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 cents on chutekilling (sorry to be that guy) :  The better you fly, the less of a chance there is you'll even be in the 'chute in the first place with the risk of being shot at.  End of story. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

This is for TAW developers.

Interesting observation. During the flight, I accidentally shot friendly, just a couple bullets, nothing major, he got home safely.

Then later during the same sortie, another friendly shot me down so I needed to bail out as my plane was teared apart. He apologized so no hard feeling... 

But annoying part is that after I bailed out, I lost (of course) my plane, points and even got penalty for 8 mins. I don't think it makes any sense!

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=26552&name=72AG_Obi

 

 

I'll have to agree with Obi, I was actually the one who accidentally shot him down. There needs to be a system implemented if you shoot down a friendly, you're instantly kicked for however much time. It was unfair that i got to keep flying and he did not. I can't remember which server has this system but it does work. Obi, if I could gift you a yak when I acquired one, I would lol.

 

Funny story though. There were about 6-7 Ju88 in a formation, we had a few allied fighters in the area. We got them confused and they started bombing their own defensive position. I thought it was ours at the time, so when flak started shooting at obi, I instantly fired at him without confirming the ID. Turns out the germans bombed the hell out of their own target and I shot down a friendly as a result. It was a just a big confusion lol.   

Edited by II./JG77_HankDG
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

 

I'll have to agree with Obi, I was actually the one who accidentally shot him down. There needs to be a system implemented if you shoot down a friendly, you're instantly kicked for however much time. It was unfair that i got to keep flying and he did not. I can't remember which server has this system but it does work. Obi, if I could gift you a yak when I acquired one, I would lol.

 

Funny story though. There were about 6-7 Ju88 in a formation, we had a few allied fighters in the area. We got them confused and they started bombing their own defensive position. I thought it was ours at the time, so when flak started shooting at obi, I instantly fired at him without confirming the ID. Turns out the germans bombed the hell out of their own target and I shot down a friendly as a result. It was a just a big confusion lol.   

That was funny. Well played by you guys. That engagement was super confusing lol. Both Russian & German positions very close to one another and we got turned around. Felt like we were in a turkey shoot right when we were arriving in the target area. 

 

Definitely a first. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [TWB]Reagan-LW said:

That was funny. Well played by you guys. That engagement was super confusing lol. Both Russian & German positions very close to one another and we got turned around. Felt like we were in a turkey shoot right when we were arriving in the target area. 

 

Definitely a first. 😂

 

It was comical, my wingman was pissed because he thought he got shot down by friendly AA. You guys did a lot of damage though! Good target practice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

 

It was comical, my wingman was pissed because he thought he got shot down by friendly AA. You guys did a lot of damage though! Good target practice!

Had a weird gut feeling once you guys rolled in. My left engine was on fire, ended up dying trying to get back to friendly territory instead of bailing out. Mission ended with “0, friendly fire.”  

 

Only thing I could do was laugh. Definitely not one of our best moments, but it was exciting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone with better knowledge please explain this to me...

 

I was using a Pe-2 87, ran a successful bombing run, never appeared to be hit, or take any damage that I was aware of, then proceeded to RTB and land so comfortably that I ran a pattern to let other traffic land first. I was credited with 6 GK and +1CM for the mission

 

But when I went to fly in the Pe-2 87 immediately after I got a server message saying that I couldn't use it and if I did I would be kicked?

 

So I checked the TAW site and cannot make sense of what happened http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=29531&name=Pict

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pict said:

Could someone with better knowledge please explain this to me...

 

I was using a Pe-2 87, ran a successful bombing run, never appeared to be hit, or take any damage that I was aware of, then proceeded to RTB and land so comfortably that I ran a pattern to let other traffic land first. I was credited with 6 GK and +1CM for the mission

 

But when I went to fly in the Pe-2 87 immediately after I got a server message saying that I couldn't use it and if I did I would be kicked?

 

So I checked the TAW site and cannot make sense of what happened http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=29531&name=Pict

 

 

According to the sortie list of events, your planes was damaged more than 30% so it has to be repaired by the ground crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Pict said:

Could someone with better knowledge please explain this to me...

 

I was using a Pe-2 87, ran a successful bombing run, never appeared to be hit, or take any damage that I was aware of, then proceeded to RTB and land so comfortably that I ran a pattern to let other traffic land first. I was credited with 6 GK and +1CM for the mission

 

But when I went to fly in the Pe-2 87 immediately after I got a server message saying that I couldn't use it and if I did I would be kicked?

 

So I checked the TAW site and cannot make sense of what happened http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=29531&name=Pict

 

I Think that  you were damage by your own  bomb and this bomb killed one of your gunner. I tell you becouse it happedt to me once. ¿Maybe?

 

Edited by E69_Gote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

 

According to the sortie list of events, your planes was damaged more than 30% so it has to be repaired by the ground crew.


That seems logical, thanks.

 

But the odd thing is that I don't recall any damage happening and the log stated twice that I received 100% damage in one go. You would think that you would notice 100% damage to the point that your plane would drop out of the sky :) 

 

2 hours ago, E69_Gote said:

I Think that  you were damage by your own  bomb and this bomb killed one of your gunner. I tell you becouse it happedt to me once. ¿Maybe?

 

 

I was using a 10 second bomb delay, so I doubt if it was that as I was well clear and looking back when the bombs went off. I was flying pretty low over some radio antenna at the site, so I might have tagged one of them...who knows?...thanks anyhow :) 

 

===============

 

Edit; It must have been a glitch of some sort, as the Pe-2 87 reappeared in my hangar without me doing anything positive to deserve it...either that or the mechanics worked their lunch break :)

Edited by Pict
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pict said:

 

 

Edit; It must have been a glitch of some sort, as the Pe-2 87 reappeared in my hangar without me doing anything positive to deserve it...either that or the mechanics worked their lunch break :)

*greasy, half-starved Soviet aircraft mechanic pops his head out from under an engine nacelle* "Tovarisch, what is a 'lunch break'?"

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been flying Pe-2's a fair bit recently and I would like to, if not dispel the myth that seems to float around the forum that the Pe-2 is impossible to kill and magically kills anyone attacking it, at the least offer some evidence to the contrary :) 

 

I was recently shot down in a Pe-2 by no less than 3 Luftwaffe fighters, who all put plenty holes in me, and my AI gunners put some holes in them, but never downed one of them.

 

I somehow managed to survive the crash only to be captured.

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=24569&name=Pict

 

So much for the Pe-2 being the UFO with laser gunners many seem to want us to believe it is ;)

 

7 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

*greasy, half-starved Soviet aircraft mechanic pops his head out from under an engine nacelle* "Tovarisch, what is a 'lunch break'?"

 

 

That'd be about right for my mechanics with the way I've been flying today :) 

Edited by Pict
Spelling errors
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pict said:

I've been flying Pe-2's a fair bit recently and I would like to, if not dispel the myth that seems to float around the forum that the Pe-2 is impossible to kill and magically kills anyone attacking it, at the least offer some evidence to the contrary :) 

 

I was recently shot down in a Pe2 by no less than 3 Luftwaffe fighters, who all put plenty holes in me, and my AI gunners put some holes in them, but never downed one of them.

 

I somehow managed to survive the crash only to be captured.

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=24569&name=Pict

 

So much for the Pe-2 being the UFO with laser gunners many seem to want us to believe it is ;)

My experience is the same. 100% of my encounters when flying in a Pe-2 are fatal for me, much fewer are fatal for my enemies.

If you lose an engine in a Pe-2 you're screwed unless you're close to a friendly airfield. Most of the times my gunners get kills are when fighters come around for a second, riskier pass when I'm already a dead man flying. 

Axis guys: it's not rocket science, open up at long range at high deflection aiming for one engine. if you see smoke of any kind, its dead sooner or later, leave it be. Or keep attacking and get a facefull of the ol' berezhin 12.7mm, no skin off my nose. 

Honestly the only reason to keep attacking is to make sure no one 'steals' your kill. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Etherlight said:

just don't play on the server.

 

Good idea, solves all the issues. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

23 hours ago, [TWB]Pand-LW said:

 

What would the poll be?   Something like:

If I created my own dedicated server, with my own missions, and made a rule about no chutekilling, would you play on it with me?

YES

NO

MAYBE

 

YES.

 

Chutekilling, though legal on this server, still presents number of issues, here is few:

a) no map in History of TAW has been won by number of pilots running out - even though it's legitimate target, it's a really bad excuse!

b) bad sportsmanship - you have already won - why be a-hole about it?

c) chute killing discourages new players to join the community - and community needs those for this game to survive financially. This community does not have millions of players!

d) community - chute killing creates bad blood inside community

 

What I found unbelievable during last campaign that people were calling X-jammer for bad sportsmanship - the same people who like to shoot helpless players in chutes...

My opinion.

 

Some further thoughts...

 

Have you never been grateful that your adversary allowed you to bail, or to ditch you broken bird? I have, and I Salute those pilots and their sportsmanship!

 

If not, think what the server would be like if everybody - literally - would start killing pilots in chutes systematically? Maybe we should try that for taste in next campaign... though I suspect it could kill the server.

Edited by FinGIAP_Kessuchkin
adding further thoughts
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

As has been stated/asked before, if the “end of mission” counter was reduced from 15 seconds to 3-5 seconds, this conversation probably wouldn’t be taking place, as there’s be little time to spot, track and shoot someone in a chute before their sortie ended.  I was one of those re-asking to reduce the timer given the 3 lives per map change (I.e. in that lives are even more “precious” than before).

 

However, since this timer has never been reduced by the administrators of the server, it’s clear that they aren’t actively preventing it from happening, so it is what it is...

 

22 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

My 2 cents on chutekilling (sorry to be that guy) :  The better you fly, the less of a chance there is you'll even be in the 'chute in the first place with the risk of being shot at.  End of story. 

 

 

Even if the TAW devs refuse to lower the timer of despawning or if they don't render the act illegal, I want to convey that the current 15 seconds offered still provides ample time for one to despawn and therefore not get killed. 

 

In order for the enemy to kill the parachute he has to turn back after shooting you down and then fly to you, all in all, that will usually take 15+ seconds. Now if he had a buddy coming to do a follow up "clean up" (I wouldn't even know why you'd need to do that) but that guy still has to determine WHEN you actually jump out and that's a guessing game in it's own.  On a multicrew A/C, the enemy's chances of killing the pilot are further reduced because he needs to guess who are the Gunners and who's the pilot.  Although PK is generally frowned upon, that's all it is, something frowned upon but totally allowed. 

 

As for the guy getting shot down, and I know you are probably guilty of this, but after you parachute just don't linger around and "spycam" where the enemy is now headed or w.e.  as long as you linger you are still in danger.  That's on you.  Finish Mission ASAP,  that's really the best you can do for yourself in that situation. Minimize the time he has to be put guns on you

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FinGIAP_Kessuchkin said:

 

 

YES.

 

Chutekilling, though legal on this server, still presents number of issues, here is few:

a) no map in History of TAW has been won by number of pilots running out - even though it's legitimate target, it's a really bad excuse!

b) bad sportsmanship - you have already won - why be a-hole about it?

c) chute killing discourages new players to join the community - and community needs those for this game to survive financially. This community does not have millions of players!

d) community - chute killing creates bad blood inside community.

 

Yes as well.  I'd fly a server with a no chute killing rule - provided it was a good server, with good missions and plane sets. 

                       I'd prefer that chute killing was not a "banned action", but if the server with the "no CK" rules was the superior server, I'd go there instead. 

                       I say this even though I don't chute kill as part of my combat style.

 

That said:  

 

a) On TAW,  chutes are a legitimate target.  Why one would choose to shoot at chutes is on them.  Trying to figure out someone else's motives is mostly pointless.  Some may believe it is tactical.  Some might be looking to do some trolling.  Some might think the concept is both tactical and trolling, and get their jollies off of that.

 

b)  As a player, I can only offer good sportsmanship.  I find it totally unrealistic to expect that because I employ good sportsmanship, others must automatically do the same. If others think they're so special as to dictate the behavior of others by their mere presence...… good luck with that.  If someone cites me as an example to follow, then it is a bonus - one that I'm grateful for - but still nothing more than a bonus.

 

Asking someone prone to chute killing "You've already won. Why be an A-hole about it?" usually fuels the  person asked to do more.  They perpetually aggravate your question without answering constantly getting fuel from your salt.  Instead,  I look at it as "shit happens" and move on.  I don't get baited into asking "why?" to someone looking for a reason to keep you asking "why?" until you show frustration  and give them further fuel.      

 

c) TAW is the very definition of  "GIT GUUD" server.  Given that it's one of few - with many more intermediate and easy servers to choose from,  that's quite alright. It's not like it's the only option. There are other servers where new players can find others to learn from or learn on their own without TAW-like penalties. 

 

I seriously doubt that with almost every server allowing chute killing, it's going to cause a "noob-pocalypse" and choke off the incoming stream of new players. 

Games that only require a console-type controller and where people act a LOT worse in multiplayer are more of a threat to the business side of things than whether or not a historically accurate risk one takes every time  they start a sortie, such as chute killing, is allowed.   

 

d) I personally don't feel any bad blood towards anybody that disagrees with me.  I'm not that sensitive, nor do I expect others to bow to my hurt feelings.  There's only one side of this argument that harbors "bad blood".  The rest of us don't give a f=ck. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FinGIAP_Kessuchkin said:

 

 

If not, think what the server would be like if everybody - literally - would start killing pilots in chutes systematically? Maybe we should try that for taste in next campaign... though I suspect it could kill the server.

 

Yes, but think what the server would look like if nobody chute killed! Then the sportsmanship of the act would lose its value and no one could feel superior for not doing it!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can be done if you have made a successful mission, 2 ground kills in this case, and a successful RTB that is shown in the mission log, but you are not credited for any of it?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=31708&name=Pict

 

I had just landed when the server stopped, so that might have something to do with it.

 

Having a heap of fun as usual on TAW, and really like the new rules :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

In order for the enemy to kill the parachute he has to turn back after shooting you down and then fly to you, all in all, that will usually take 15+ seconds. Now if he had a buddy coming to do a follow up "clean up" (I wouldn't even know why you'd need to do that) but that guy still has to determine WHEN you actually jump out and that's a guessing game in it's own.  On a multicrew A/C, the enemy's chances of killing the pilot are further reduced because he needs to guess who are the Gunners and who's the pilot.  Although PK is generally frowned upon, that's all it is, something frowned upon but totally allowed. 

 

Its typically many vs many situation and seems that some manage to run around very tight and come back within the 15 second window.

 

9 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

 

Yes as well.  I'd fly a server with a no chute killing rule - provided it was a good server, with good missions and plane sets. 

                       I'd prefer that chute killing was not a "banned action", but if the server with the "no CK" rules was the superior server, I'd go there instead. 

                       I say this even though I don't chute kill as part of my combat style.

 

That said:  

 

a) On TAW,  chutes are a legitimate target.  Why one would choose to shoot at chutes is on them.  Trying to figure out someone else's motives is mostly pointless.  Some may believe it is tactical.  Some might be looking to do some trolling.  Some might think the concept is both tactical and trolling, and get their jollies off of that.

 

b)  As a player, I can only offer good sportsmanship.  I find it totally unrealistic to expect that because I employ good sportsmanship, others must automatically do the same. If others think they're so special as to dictate the behavior of others by their mere presence...… good luck with that.  If someone cites me as an example to follow, then it is a bonus - one that I'm grateful for - but still nothing more than a bonus.

 

Asking someone prone to chute killing "You've already won. Why be an A-hole about it?" usually fuels the  person asked to do more.  They perpetually aggravate your question without answering constantly getting fuel from your salt.  Instead,  I look at it as "shit happens" and move on.  I don't get baited into asking "why?" to someone looking for a reason to keep you asking "why?" until you show frustration  and give them further fuel.      

...

 

As said - I'm just voicing my opinion. I used to have more "shit happens and move on" attitude on this, but in recent environment with 3 lives and chute shooting getting more regular I feel it's important to say: It's not Okay!

 

Staying silent is a silent approval for chute shooting.

 

BTW - 3 lives rule has no affect on killing flak from the airfields - why it was introduced in the first place... what's the point then?

And while on this topic - how about giving back say 0.1 lives for every CM? Would take 30 CM's to earn 3 lives back... Good idea/Bad Idea?

 

Edited by FinGIAP_Kessuchkin
typo fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reported the AA bugs to the devs. Let's hope they will fix it as soon as possible. 

 

6 minutes ago, Pict said:

What can be done if you have made a successful mission, 2 ground kills in this case, and a successful RTB that is shown in the mission log, but you are not credited for any of it?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=31708&name=Pict

 

I had just landed when the server stopped, so that might have something to do with it.

 

Having a heap of fun as usual on TAW, and really like the new rules :cool:

Why should you be credited for it? Please check number of your friendly ground kills in the stats.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pict said:

What can be done if you have made a successful mission, 2 ground kills in this case, and a successful RTB that is shown in the mission log, but you are not credited for any of it?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=31708&name=Pict

 

I had just landed when the server stopped, so that might have something to do with it.

 

Having a heap of fun as usual on TAW, and really like the new rules :cool:

You attacked your own ground units.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, =LG=Padre said:

You attacked your own ground units.

 

So it seems, thanks.

 

No wonder they didn't shoot back :wacko: what was I thinking of :dash:

 

32 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Why should you be credited for it? Please check number of your friendly ground kills in the stats.

 

And there it is...

 

It's been one of those days all day so far, the kind of day you should have someone hide the pull cord for the lawnmower on you :rolleyes:

Edited by Pict
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Map #3 goes down in record time.

 

We have flown CAP on our AFs and Defences, Interceptions with Recon, and Raids on both tanks and bases as well. The effort well and successful each time, I must express something I noticed, and a proposition - this is my private opinion and does not reflect the views of SCG as a group, merely my very own observations. Any glaring comment can be directed at me personally. At the same time, please be reminded that this is just a post looking for constructive ideas and approaches to a meta-game that has shown itself: My utmost respect goes out to the Russian Teams coordinating very well.

 

Teamwide infinite amount of Peshkas per map and a frontline too large to saturate with Recon, and too varied to keep under control led to a large amount of bombs falling, and the Pe-2s diving away - comparatively uncatchable, even in our coordinated team efforts. Other bombers and attackers, at least from my perspective, are seen much more rarely.

 

We all know how the Peshka safety-drop algorithm works:

> If frontline target, come in at 3-4k, drop bombs, dive towards home. Rinse & Repeat.

> If deep-strike target, come in at 5-7k, drop bombs, shallow dive towards home. Rinse & Repeat.

 

It's the meta that wins a map. All other servers have a finite amount of fast-bombers on their maps. In the current environment, it is very hard (let's call it very hard, no superlatives here) to counter a virtually infinite amount of Pe-2s. Ju-88s have a hard time copying that, due to different dive behavior and gunnery. As gunnery, defensive weapon equipment, and dive speed / behavior cannot and will not get changed, maybe we can diversify the meta?

 

That is why, we may want to limit the numbers of Peshkas and Ju-88s per map to a set number. For example, half of the current maps' Pe-2 losses? It would diversify the meta for the other half of the map's time. And the numbers of total Ju-52 to a quarter of the total amount of Peshkas, to be fair with and consider German Paratroopers?

 

Please discuss, elaborate, or troll away (Siddy, you ready?:big_boss: ), please give constructive opinions.

 

Best regards,

 

Fenris

 

 

P.S. I am aware of the MCU Spawned FLAK bug in German defences in regards to its rot dgr°/s that Kathon has found and reported today, as to the reason why German low range flak has been ineffective, which isn't affecting the Pe-2 meta very much. We must live with bugged German Flaks until the Fix. Great finding, Kathon!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

That is why, we may want to limit the numbers of Peshkas and Ju-88s per map to a set number

Better look at the results of previous wars and suggest to limit the Bf-110 or for example 250 kg bombs for fighters. It will be honest

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Map #3 goes down in record time.

 

We have flown CAP on our AFs and Defences, Interceptions with Recon, and Raids on both tanks and bases as well. The effort well and successful each time, I must express something I noticed, and a proposition - this is my private opinion and does not reflect the views of SCG as a group, merely my very own observations. Any glaring comment can be directed at me personally. At the same time, please be reminded that this is just a post looking for constructive ideas and approaches to a meta-game that has shown itself: My utmost respect goes out to the Russian Teams coordinating very well.

 

Teamwide infinite amount of Peshkas per map and a frontline too large to saturate with Recon, and too varied to keep under control led to a large amount of bombs falling, and the Pe-2s diving away - comparatively uncatchable, even in our coordinated team efforts. Other bombers and attackers, at least from my perspective, are seen much more rarely.

 

We all know how the Peshka safety-drop algorithm works:

> If frontline target, come in at 3-4k, drop bombs, dive towards home. Rinse & Repeat.

> If deep-strike target, come in at 5-7k, drop bombs, shallow dive towards home. Rinse & Repeat.

 

It's the meta that wins a map. All other servers have a finite amount of fast-bombers on their maps. In the current environment, it is very hard (let's call it very hard, no superlatives here) to counter a virtually infinite amount of Pe-2s. Ju-88s have a hard time copying that, due to different dive behavior and gunnery. As gunnery, defensive weapon equipment, and dive speed / behavior cannot and will not get changed, maybe we can diversify the meta?

 

That is why, we may want to limit the numbers of Peshkas and Ju-88s per map to a set number. For example, half of the current maps' Pe-2 losses? It would diversify the meta for the other half of the map's time. And the numbers of total Ju-52 to a quarter of the total amount of Peshkas, to be fair with and consider German Paratroopers?

 

Please discuss, elaborate, or troll away (Siddy, you ready?:big_boss: ), please give constructive opinions.

 

Best regards,

 

Fenris

 

 

P.S. I am aware of the MCU Spawned FLAK bug in German defences in regards to its rot dgr°/s that Kathon has found and reported today, as to the reason why German low range flak has been ineffective, which isn't affecting the Pe-2 meta very much. We must live with bugged German Flaks until the Fix. Great finding, Kathon!

I don't think I've ever seen a server run out of Pe-2s even when the raw numbers are limited. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there any Data how much the Pe2 is used in Map1 and Map2? 

And for example how much used is the Il2 on this Maps? 

 

We have no Ju88 in Map1! 

Edited by JG4_Widukind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

 

Please discuss, elaborate, or troll away (Siddy, you ready?:big_boss: ), please give constructive opinions.

 

 

 

The historical number of Pe-2 is quite high. The attrition rates of Pe-2 is quite low. I honestly struggle to see how it will change anything. 

 

The Ju-87 raids SCG does every once in a while is normal occurrence every time there is even modest amount of VVS on TS. The real thing i want to see, is the relative numbers of people flying fighters vs people flying bombers/attackers each map. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Is there any Data how much the Pe2 is used in Map1 and Map2? 

And for example how much used is the Il2 on this Maps? 

 

We have no Ju88 in Map1! 

 

image.png.c75d3706627a5fd45b73594296a1cd92.png

 

image.png.cc6453fbfe75f1d6340d2e2d8329f1c8.png

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edited] 6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

 

image.png.c75d3706627a5fd45b73594296a1cd92.png

 

image.png.cc6453fbfe75f1d6340d2e2d8329f1c8.png

 

Oh lawd, this speaks of grim reality.

 

First map, the 110 has better GK/sortie ratio but they have barely 40% of the equivalent absolute sorties of Pe-2.

 

This is exactly as i already surmised from my own anecdotal experiences, the truth of the matter is: maps are won by Attackers and bombers, not fighters. And the side who fly more of theirs will win. 

If axis flew the 110 at the same gusto as VVS fly Pe-2, the scales would be more even.

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ropalcz said:

 

Yep. The fact that Peshka is usually faster than E-7, its gunners have better range than E-7's 20mils and its damage model is broken since ever, don't play a role at all.

 

Yep agree. 

Thx Kathon for this Examble! 

If your post delete I can post too... Or we all! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

If axis flew the 110 at the same gusto as VVS fly Pe-2, the scales would be more even.

 

Yep. The fact that Peshka is usually faster than E-7, its gunners have better range than E-7's 20mils and its damage model is broken since ever, don't play a role at all.

 

(Repost, deleted it myself)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FinGIAP_Kessuchkin said:

 

Its typically many vs many situation and seems that some manage to run around very tight and come back within the 15 second window.

 

 

As said - I'm just voicing my opinion. I used to have more "shit happens and move on" attitude on this, but in recent environment with 3 lives and chute shooting getting more regular I feel it's important to say: It's not Okay!

 

Staying silent is a silent approval for chute shooting.

 

BTW - 3 lives rule has no affect on killing flak from the airfields - why it was introduced in the first place... what's the point then?

And while on this topic - how about giving back say 0.1 lives for every CM? Would take 30 CM's to earn 3 lives back... Good idea/Bad Idea?

 

 

The best way to voice your opinion on chutekilling is to create your own server, with your own developed maps and your own rules.  If the community agrees, they'll play on it with you.

 

Some of my most harrowing (and fun!) experiences on TAW is trying to high speed ditch a broken bird with no engine while being relentlessly attacked by multiple enemies (because it's safer than dangling in a chute).  :P

 

I do agree with your 0.1 lives for every CM idea, with one caveat of having total available lives at any given time capped to a maximum of 3.0.  

 

Good hunting gents!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ropalcz said:

 

Yep. The fact that Peshka is usually faster than E-7, its gunners have better range than E-7's 20mils and its damage model is broken since ever, don't play a role at all.

 

(Repost, deleted it myself)

 

 

Surely you jest, for E-7 is one of the best tonk killers among fighters. 4 bombs = tonk kills if you are even moderately good at bombing and E-7 can defend itself from fighters. 

And the fact that 110 is objectively far better heavy fighter than Pe-2 when it comes to shooting down other two engine fighters, i am sure Aix players can come up with some new way to win the maps with the tools they got....

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CptSiddy said:

If axis flew the 110 at the same gusto as VVS fly Pe-2, the scales would be more even.

 

Oh, really? 

 

4x250 vs 2x500

10x100 vs 12x50 (No comments)

Edited by Norz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with CPT Siddy on this one. The Axis has a ground attack aircraft menu with ordnance possibilities that dwarf those of the Pe-2, which carries about the same bomb package as a Bf 110E-2, and half that of a Ju 88 or He 111. I have screamed as long and hard as anybody that the Ju 88 should be present on Map1, and that the IL-2's VYa-23 kills tanks in a manner far out of proportion to historical record. The Pe-2 gunner issue has been debated numerous times, but this campaign, 3+ years into the TAW saga with an unchanged Pe-2 plane set, is the first time I've seen complaints that there are too many Pe-2s or that they're too fast to catch. 

 

What I infer from Kathon's charts is that on the first two maps the Axis flew many more fighter sorties than ground attack sorties, while VVS flew a roughly 1/1 basis.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...