=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I dont understand even more then 😄 my counter was 1 on Monday after i served a ban got lowered to 0,77 or smth and I was still banned. Now there is a new map so this is not critical for me but I think it either had wrong description in change log or it is not working as intended. 

I think the Player red110 is Xjammer as last TAW Round!

Now hi fly Red and do the same Bullshit Aktions as last War.

What can we do for an Gamekiller as hi is?

17 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Catch him and give him a stern lecture about how to be a virtuous person, just like you :^) 

46 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

He looks like, he destroyed 11 AAA  with a Mig-3, i wanna know how he did it?😮

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Yeah, I'd like to know as well, and he did it twice, and wasn't damadged at all 🤔

55 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Can I make a suggestion?

2x350 x12mm.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

It surprised me how inept the blue AAA is in comparison to the red one. It takes it a long time to turn and start firing and it has very limited range. So quite literally a simple dive pass over the airfield will net you a destroyed AAA. And you'll hardly have any return fire on your way out as by the time the AAA turns towards you after the pass you'll be well outside of it's range.

Honestly it was more difficult to do the same against red airfields. Blue AF defences are hilariously poor.

As I stated before, I (xJammer) fly under bf110 and red110 on TAW currently.

Edited by red110
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess Axis has to use those superior planes to guard their fields....

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, red110 said:

Honestly it was more difficult to do the same against red airfields. Blue AF defences are hilariously poor.

How you did to destroy so many AAA, with any damages? the AAA in simulator is very accurate and you destroyed 11of them without any damages for your plane! do you use any more help? a second mate maybe?

Edited by -=PHX=-Geo-

1 hour ago, Norz said:

Can I make a suggestion?

2x350 x12mm.

This. If you're a good shot (like he is) and you husband your ammo, it's not an issue. If you expend 30 rounds from each gun on each AA gun, you have enough to kill 11 AA guns with 20 rounds left over.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

How you did to destroy so many AAA, with any damages? the AAA in simulator is very accurate and you destroyed 11of them without any damages for your plane! do you use any more help? a second mate maybe?

The AI of the AA is so easy to abuse that it takes little effort to destroy a lot of emplacements if you know how.

Edited by Operation_Ivy

Posted (edited)
40 минут назад, Operation_Ivy сказал:

The AI of the AA is so easy to abuse that it takes little effort to destroy a lot of emplacements if you know how.

Same story, same person... I feel like I am loosing motivation to play for the red side and even at all.

Now it's gonna be again a stupid sport contest: how many AAAs someone can kill in one sortie.

I am sure some people soon will follow xJammer and bomb unprotected AFs.

Damn it... first 2 maps were so good in terms of longevity. I am afraid, its' over now.

Feel sorry and at the same time mad at TAW devs that they are not able to fix this ridiculous exploit after it's been described very accurately and long time ago.

Edited by 72AG_Obi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Locked aircraft means that some of the weapons are not available (locked). 

Thanks Kathon! I never clicked on them to see what's up. 

Posted (edited)

Hey admin - can I throw a suggestion out there, if you don't like it - please feel free and throw it back :)

image.png.39280615844aaf3012ef2a007bb3242d.png

Since I do not own the MC.202 and have no plans of purchasing it, can those of us that don't have the "collector's aircraft" have the option of getting the same number in the downgrade or a split? So in this case the option to have either 1 F-2 and 1 F-4 or 2F-2s. If it would cause too much of a headache to program - I totally get it. Just a suggestion. :blush:

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Posted (edited)

This is for TAW developers.

Interesting observation. During the flight, I accidentally shot friendly, just a couple bullets, nothing major, he got home safely.

Then later during the same sortie, another friendly shot me down so I needed to bail out as my plane was teared apart. He apologized so no hard feeling... 

But annoying part is that after I bailed out, I lost (of course) my plane, points and even got penalty for 8 mins. I don't think it makes any sense!

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=26552&name=72AG_Obi

Edited by 72AG_Obi

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, =AAA=C_DAT said:

The 3 life per map rule has ruined the game for attack and bomber pilots.  I understand why the change was made, but am asking the developers to reconsider a higher life count for Attack/Bomber pilots.  Seems to me the #1 issue was jumping into unlimited fighters to take out flak until it was gone, then dogpile a defenseless target with bombers.  Some would then vulch easy prey afterwards.   My deaths have been due to AAA, as expected flying low over targets defended by Flak.  I suggest keeping fighter's the same and increasing attack/bombers to 6 lives per map.  Also allow 1 life earned back per day up to the full allocation.   Or turn down the effectiveness of the Flak guns and reduce their numbers.  Currently it is nearly suicide to roll into a target that is defended by Flak unless you want to level bomb.  Level bombing now gets to face hordes of fighters, because most have given up serious attack roles, and the Flak is so effective that even level bombing is a serious risk even when there are no enemy fighters in the area.   

After a few more missions I withdraw most of what I said.  While I would like to see a way to earn back lives up to the original 3; playing with better sim pilots and more of them at once has made it survivable.  You just have to stay away from ground attack when the conditions aren't right.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

This is for TAW developers.

Interesting observation. During the flight, I accidentally shot friendly, just a couple bullets, nothing major, he got home safely.

Then later during the same sortie, another friendly shot me down so I needed to bail out as my plane was teared apart. He apologized so no hard feeling... 

But annoying part is that after I bailed out, I lost (of course) my plane, points and even got penalty for 8 mins. I don't think it makes any sense!

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=26552&name=72AG_Obi

Points are always lost when the aircraft loses. And the kick from the server and ban is likely due to the fact that the server was full. 

I think that's right. You lose your technique, you don't grow up in rank. A kick and a short ban facilitates the rotation of players on the full server. 

But the Strеаk and combat missions remain

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Like 1

2 часа назад, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 сказал:

Points are always lost when the aircraft loses. And the kick from the server and ban is likely due to the fact that the server was full. 

I think that's right. You lose your technique, you don't grow up in rank. A kick and a short ban facilitates the rotation of players on the full server. 

But the Strеаk and combat missions remain

I am pretty sure that if you get killed by friendly fire, you are going to receive the full penalty (-300, lost of streak, etc) unless confirmed otherwise by TAW developers.

In terms of urgency this is not a big deal, but would be nice to have friendly fire penalty addressed eventually.

19 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

XJammer said earlier on in this thread that he is Red110, he's not hiding.

Looking at his profile it looks like he's not doing anything absurd whatsoever - some successful and aggressive attacks and some failures due to AA. He's down to 0.2 lives for this map. I actually haven't heard anyone complaining about his antics this time. 

Posted (edited)

He was strafing a blue AF that I took off from, in a MiG, so I went to look for myself what it's all about. He's right. All you need to do is fly at low altitude and shoot early enough.

The blue AAA might as well not be there. Somehow, it always shot above the aircraft - without any spread - always shooting too high and in front of the nose. It didn't seem that deccelerating was necessary. The red AAA however is way more dangerous, it hits. Maybe the Red AAA has a higher spread / cone - which will benefit it.

Why that is? No idea. I am certain the TAW devs have set both AAA sets to the same skill.

Maybe red110 can, after all, do something good and give us an idea how to fix it, and what the problem is, according to his opinion. He seems one of the most adept at dodging AAA.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

I'm just playing devil's advocate here - maybe he's just good at killing AA? That was half of what people (including me) complained about last campaign: His ability to dunk on allied AA as blue.

He doesn't always succeed and has been shot down by AA several times. Is it a problem if he's just good at it?

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Maybe red110 can, after all, do something good and give us an idea how to fix it, and what the problem is, according to his opinion. He seems one of the most adept at dodging AAA.

The answer is surprisingly simple.

Defend your airfields. 

TAW people has this weird perverse notion that if the AF is under attack, its too late to help it. This is formed mainly due the main way to raid AF's, a 9000m level bombing. By the time you get the notifications, the bombers are half way back home. 

So when people get notification, the AF is under attack, they just say "meh, cant be arsed". 

All you really need, is one (1) 109 to stop the things Xjammer is doing... i know, it is a novel concept for Axis, to fly under 7km and defend ground targets :biggrin:, but sometimes girl got to do what girl got to do :^) 

If you cant be arsed to defend your own fields from single low flying mig-3, i don't know what else there is to do from the rules or AAA side to help you. 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Maybe xJammer can, after all, do something good and give us an idea how to fix it, and what the problem is, according to his opinion. He seems one of the most adept at dodging AAA.

Unify flak units across both of the factions - use the best performing versions. Red AAA from my experience is significantly more dangerous than the blue one.

Limit attacking depots / airfields if the player numbers are low (keeping in mind that some bombers can set off up to an hour in advance to a target and would be quite upset if it becomes invulnerable). With a bit of historical and current data one could make a decent enough estimate to declare missions as "frontline targets only" from the start so everyone can manage their expectations. (if the game is in "frontline targets only" limit the repair and supply rate of the now invulnerable airfields/depots)

Defend your airfields.

Edited by red110
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, red110 said:

Red AAA from my experience is significantly more dangerous than the blue one.

Different planes, different bombs, different speeds, different ammo, different AA. What are the questions?

It is ok

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CptSiddy said:

The answer is surprisingly simple.

Defend your airfields. 

TAW people has this weird perverse notion that if the AF is under attack, its too late to help it. This is formed mainly due the main way to raid AF's, a 9000m level bombing. By the time you get the notifications, the bombers are half way back home. 

So when people get notification, the AF is under attack, they just say "meh, cant be arsed". 

All you really need, is one (1) 109 to stop the things Xjammer is doing... i know, it is a novel concept for Axis, to fly under 7km and defend ground targets :biggrin:, but sometimes girl got to do what girl got to do :^) 

If you cant be arsed to defend your own fields from single low flying mig-3, i don't know what else there is to do from the rules or AAA side to help you. 

First of all, this whole myth that axis pilots are some sort of different human beings is just plain stupid. They are not. You find fools and "special" players on both sides. I know that this is truly a novel concept for many people around here, especially those who 90% of the time fly a certain side on TAW.

Last campaign nobody on red side defended the airfields either even when i warned them in advance.

In the end, a single enemy is not a big problem, especially when you are on blue side. However as long as there is no reasonable way/chance to predict large scale raids on Airfields/depots which we will probably see in this campaign sooner or later again, i think the gamemode is flawed.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

[...]

We've noticed that as well, but that's the human aspect of a part of the pilot population. They all do that. Seen MiGs do it as well so it's fine, as Ivy just said. If you got an idea on how to reach the random LW pilot with that... I doubt they are reading it here. This is the human problem and global...

1 hour ago, red110 said:

Unify flak units across both of the factions - use the best performing versions. Red AAA from my experience is significantly more dangerous than the blue one.

[...]

...and this is the technical problem. Maybe Kathon can really do that, and unify flak units in the future. I wonder how that would affect balance. I am not too worried about immersion, as the only thing it would change is flak-38 to 62-K in the endless rows of damage reports, if there even was any damage to begin with.

P.S. Defending airfields is a no-brainer. Large number of random players in general on the German side may be the reason, or may be not. Speculative. I've seen squads cooperating for that since map#1 on the blue side too.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

14 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Maybe Kathon can really do that, and unify flak units in the future.

Then they also have to do with airplanes

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

First of all, this whole myth that axis pilots are some sort of different human beings is just plain stupid. 

No, it is not. There is higher than random chance that a player who plays for first time or mainly alone chooses axis. Being a aimless lone wolf is far easier when your machine don't break up in 750km/h dive.

I flew my first TAW on blue, only to find out that VVS side had far far better "random" community. Some axis side only players take things very very personally.

The VVS random community spontaneously formed in to a squads (or unruly heard of cats in my case), while most Axis communities tried to get rid of me because my idea of fun was different from theirs. The most fun i had on axis side was with Inko, and he don't show up on TS anymore. 

About the game mode, well there is your problem: its a game. XJammer has shown beyond shadow of doubt, that you cannot engineer around the human element. 

All you can do, is see who is on server, and guess what they will try to do. Predicting raids on AF's is about as easy as predicting organised raid on tanks. But organizing raids on AF's usually bear more fruit than just busting tanks all day erry day. Question is, why are Axis side not doing what seems to works so very well for VVS? 

Edited by CptSiddy

1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Different planes, different bombs, different speeds, different ammo, different AA. What are the questions?

It is ok

Because the blue AAA is so inept to the point of being just broken.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=27081&name=red110

1 PE2 attacking an airfield defended by 3 fast flaks. 3 flaks down later I was still flying with full bombload, was able to bring the damage back up to 100% and still had 3 bombs left to drop onto defenses at a different airfield.

9 minutes ago, red110 said:

1 PE2 attacking an airfield defended by 3 fast flaks. 3 flaks down later I was still flying with full bombload, was able to bring the damage back up to 100% and still had 3 bombs left to drop onto defenses at a different airfield.

I have repeatedly witnessed in the past war that the xJammer systematically destroyed the anti-aircraft guns at the red airfields. You never died in this case. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, red110 said:

Well, when you have same AI for things with different performance, a platform who's ammo causes least error is AI's predictive calculations, win.

Red AAA is as inept at leading when speed or/and vector is changing.

However, if you have really slow ammo, having accelerated head on pass means you will shoot above the strafing target because the AI don't take in to account the change in the velocity. 

This is why, the AAA in game is crazy accurate in instances where real AAA would be hopeless (perfect predictive gunnery when speed or velocity is unchanged), and in instances where inaccuracy of real AAA would ironically cause an kill (head on)... only cause the in game AAA to miss due to being too accurate. 

1423014079_ILAI.thumb.jpg.c69a24afe1e00099f7428b9ecdeea8ca.jpg

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I have repeatedly witnessed in the past war that the xJammer systematically destroyed the anti-aircraft guns at the red airfields. You never died in this case. 

I have never done so with a fully loaded bomber ;) Even 110 was getting taken apart by the red AAA.

Edited by red110

3 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

you are wrong, this attacks happend when are less blue pilot denfend his side and all they have to denfend his tanks or frontline position, so the attack of Xjammer come from the bases in the other side of the map, so is not posible defend it very well.☹️

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, red110 said:

I have never done so with a fully loaded bomber ;) Even 110 was getting taken apart by the red AAA.

You just increased your skill. You just increased your skill. But it doesn't matter. Nobody except you is attacking a special anti-aircraft at airfields. 

It's very good that your life is now limited, on which side you wouldn't play

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1

Jg7-X-man

Concerning the Macchi 202.

It's the best of the early war planes.

Spend the money. I did and I am very glad.

It is undergunned without pods--leave those alone except for ground busting which needs a different plane anyway.

More like a sport plane than a warplane.

Yet in North Africa, against P-40s and Hurricane, it had a 4.4 to 1 kill ratio, while Me109s was about 3.4.

I have hundreds of hours in 109s.

I only fly them now when a Macchi isn't available.

Eric Brown said of the 202's  successor, the Macchi 205, which is the same airframe with a more powerful engine and heavier armaments:

“One of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi MC. 205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of Italian styling and German engineering. I believe it was powered by a Daimler Benz DB 605. It was really a delight to fly, and up to anything on the Allied programme. But again, it came just before the Italians capitulated so it was never used extensively. And we did tests on it and were most impressed. The cockpit was smallish but not as bad as the Bf 109.”

• Like 1

From the TAW Manual:

You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get a Combat Mission. 

The friendly airfield will not be supplied by transport airplane in two cases:
· This airfield was damage more than 85% in current mission
· This airfield was captured by enemy in current mission Repaired airfield may be still closed for 1 or 2 missions. 

Airfield without supply can’t be repaired. Supply level of the airfield is available in the mission briefing.

Couple questions on this mechanic:

1.  Does the "Ju 52/3m with cargo" also require that it be flown with 100% fuel (the verbiage and comma usage implies it does not).

2.  Are you allowed to carry gunner/ammo on the "Ju 52/3m with cargo" transport missions (verbiage implies only no bombs and rockets)?

3.  Are you allowed to carry gunner(s)/ammo on "Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88" transport missions (verbiage implies only no bombs and rockets)?

4.  After successfully taking off from "an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully landing on an airfield damaged more than 0%", will there be any indication of a successful resupply in your flight log?  OR will it just show: PLANE SPAWNED, TOOK OFF, LANDED, END.  
5.  When it says that a friendly airfield will not be supplied by transport if "This airfield was damage more than 85% in current mission" --- Does that mean if a field were 10% damaged at the start of the mission, and was attacked and damaged to 95% in the CURRENT running mission, on the next mission it would not count the resupply?    

6.  If the mission started with a field at 90% damaged (not damaged in current running mission), and resupplied by air transport in current mission, would the resupply count?   

7.  If the mission started with a field at 100% damaged (not damaged in current running mission), and resupplied by air transport in current mission, would the resupply count?   

Appreciate any clarity you can put on this---- I've ran several resupply runs that don't seem to have any impact at all and trying to understand what I'm doing incorrectly.

Cheers and good hunting!

• Upvote 2

If every fighter pilot not directly escorting bombers took 5 minutes to climb to 3-4km while circling the home AF, it would add ALOT more anti-vulch fighter coverage.  Take off, do a few wide, gentle, circles around the AF while climbing to a useable altitude and keeping an eye out, then go to the intended target/main patrol area.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't know how's the blue airfield composition exactly... but looks like there aren't as many 37mms as needed. The 20mm is the one that doesn't have much range compared to the other cannon AAA guns.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Then they also have to do with airplanes

Pachemu? Net, tam net logicheskoij svja3i.