=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

We need restrictions. 3 germans for each russian is not fun.

When i see this on site is better go to other server. Please put a limit like 5 ~ 8 diference, the player have to wait one die or another join for other side. This will be punish dies and losses. 10 seconds to refly after a bail out or ditched is nice to me too. 

Kills not counted.

I got a couple of kills yesterday and the stats are not showing them.

The sortie is there and the kills are on the log though.

Is there any way to fix it?

If you die in a sortie you made kills they won't count.

Here's the last 7 day trend for reference. Flat lines are when the server is hung.

pilots_taw_7d.png

yes if I am not mistaking 40% more German pilots on average. But I don't blame anyone. It's just frustrating from time to time not being able to defend everywhere.

yes if I am not mistaking 40% more German pilots on average. But I don't blame anyone. It's just frustrating from time to time not being able to defend everywhere.

That's the community problem, while registering everyone had numbers how many blue/red pilots there is, yet they still registered to blue side even when there was 2:1 balance ...

I do not understand all that mess with "umbalanced" numbers of players ...

More ppl - more targets.

When I've entered the server and see 40 blue against 10 reds I always wondered if I ever see a red plane ...

I've have flown some sorties when reds have huge adavantage in numbers and I really liked that kind of flying.

Some examples in red side shows that flying on red outnumbered side are pretty funny too.

Ramm.

More ppl - more targets.

When I've entered the server and see 40 blue against 10 reds I always wondered if I ever see a red plane ...

I've have flown some sorties when reds have huge adavantage in numbers and I really liked that kind of flying.

Some examples in red side shows that flying on red outnumbered side are pretty funny too.

Ramm.

it is indeed fun to have a lot of targets. However in the big picture its certain that u cant be everywhere. Its sometimes surprising how the reds are able considering the odds to hold the frontline for so long.

But its just somtimes hard to pick favorable engagements and to be aware of the sixt 109 diving on you.

Here's the last 7 day trend for reference.  Flat lines are when the server is hung.

attachicon.gifpilots_taw_7d.png

Looks quite bad for russia. Many times the outnumber ratio is at 2:1.

More ppl - more targets.

Ramm.

Sure it can be fun, but if its normal for 2/3rd or more of the time to be outnumbered it's starting to rapidly lose fun ;) I think N3croo's suggestions are a step in the right direction.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

I flew a little yesterday... TAW.aim for historical accuracy if I remember correctly... I do not think I have ever heard of a stalingrad winter senario were german outnumbered VVS.... :)

Its funny to read, more ppl more targets....yesterday it was sometimes 18 vs 1 , a lot of fun for the one is flying alone vs 18 germans. :lol: :lol:

As I see You fly with unlimited fuell .... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ramm.

The fuel leakage system is very basic (in terms of visual representation) - same graphics regardles of damage size or place (just left, right orientation).

Its funny to read, more ppl more targets....yesterday it was sometimes 18 vs 1 , a lot of fun for the one is flying alone vs 18 germans. :lol: :lol:

But if this lone wolf survives he can really call him an Ace ! :lol:

Btw - would be helpful and more informative if you could highlight on the TAW start page the actual standing of the consecutive maps won... just as a little suggestion...

Edited by Geleitzug

Hi Kathon, the Server hangs. It would be nice if you fix it. THX .

The unbalacing on the Server depends on the time !!!

On German daytime there is more axis playing but in the nighttime the allies are in front !

So i think, in all its kind of even.

Edited by I./ZG15_dasSofa

Don't worry Sherrif.... my regular flying buddy killed me in my chute  :lol:

Shhhh.

On German daytime there is more axis playing but in the nighttime the allies are in front !

Just depend what time you fly .... I enlisted as red on TAW.... But at the time I play it is often 20 vs 8 .... For my point of view it is not what I call even . And so when I do not want to play the sitting duck, I just do not play there, bringing even more unbalance to the teams

Just take a look at Pands graph. You will see that this is not the case. Anyway great job axis, you won. Looking forward to the next TAW hopefully only one or two months out.

If balance plays out the same though I will keep my hands off this. Getting gangraped most if the time is not what I want, when playing a game for fun.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

noooooooo, all plans for weekend killed :(

pls just restart, i want to be able to jabo if i feel like !!! 

not to forget that im having way better overall performance compared to "the other server"

Edited by Doktor_Schneider

Hi Kathon !
Glad to see you back on the front ! :) 

Pro tip? The airfield came under attack about 5 seconds after I spawned. Sorry for not being a mind reader.

When I hear the sirens, I usually despawn right away, and move to another airfield. Not glorious but a safe tactic most of the time. Even if he is diving at 700+kph, the vulcher will need more time to reach the airfield than the 15s despawn time.
When I despawn as I see him diving straight on the parking, my consolation is his frustration to see his target disappear at the last moment and loose an aircraft a few seconds later to flak. And there is a chance that he is the one going to be bothered by the 5min death penalty  :biggrin: 

So how do you guys approach an undamaged convoy, and get those heavy AAs down before it takes you down? I don't see how a slow and low stuka could survive that. (And we're talking about a 37mm equipped stuka)

Just don't ! With the 37mm, you are just dead meat.
If the convoy is full strength, take a regular Stuka with 3xSC250, approach from 2500-3000m in line with the convoy's road, center your ball and release around 1000m. (Not very precise but the lower you go the higher the chances you'll not make it home)
Even with that, you'll likely be going home with a few holes poked in the airframe.

Attacking convoys is really a matter of teamplay on this server.

More ppl - more targets.

Ramm.

I think being outnumbered it is more fun on the blue side because most of the time, we can bug out more easily if the situation gets too hot.
Aside from maybe the La5, most reds won't have the choice to fight to the death once they get engaged. And that may be less fun when fighting outnumbered.

:lol:

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

How is possible to Land "safe and Sound" after been shot down ?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=18676&name==AD=B777R

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=18634&name==AD=B777R

was damaged: 0.026 + 0.974 = 1.000  ...and landed "safe and sound"·again
http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5457&name==AD=B777R

It this a cheat? ..anybody can explain to me?

When your engine quits you're destroyed. If you are close to the friendly airfield you can still land there.

I don't think it's over..

We had two airfields I think

next time i´ll check before believing in any rumours -.-

next time i´ll check before believing in any rumours -.-

Don't believe in a rumor now ;) Red got two airfields in the last mission and one got bombed to stoneages. It might be that Dserver just bugged out but I guess it's rather just over now.

So this usually means an enemy pilot damaged a critical part of the your aircraft.  The enemy pilot will get the kill for shooting him down, but the you still managed to land safely at a friendly active airfield.   

I've done this a few times where I've lost full elevator control (if notifications were on in the chat, it would at that point mark me as shot down by X pilot); however, I was able to utilize trim to get the aircraft home and land successfully.

• Upvote 1

Naah the war shouldnt be over yet, we took an airfield (Erzovka) and bombed/protected the others so i guess the server is down AGAIN  :(

EDIT: o dont know if  this helps but all the stats where updated after the last mission except for the Tactical map (and the server no restarting)

Edited by SAG
  • Upvote 1

They are the Magic of il2 ! :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

They are the Magic of il2  :wacko:  :biggrin:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 1

When your engine quits you're destroyed. If you are close to the friendly airfield you can still land there.

When you have the aircraft with 1.000 damaged, .. You can not performed a landing, .. the server named that as:"ditching"

Please, Taw Server admin, correct me  if  i am wrong.

So this usually means an enemy pilot damaged a critical part of the your aircraft.  The enemy pilot will get the kill for shooting him down, but the you still managed to land safely at a friendly active airfield.   

I've done this a few times where I've lost full elevator control (if notifications were on in the chat, it would at that point mark me as shot down by X pilot); however, I was able to utilize trim to get the aircraft home and land successfully.

Please share the link of that mission that you said

If you have a 1.000 damage in a Bf-109 the server statistic take you landing as "diching"

If you have a 1.000 damage in a Bf-109 the server statistic take you landing as "diching"

Thats true, all depends what the server considers, anyway keep in mind you have to land on the runway, if you land in the AF but outside the runway is always gonna be a ditch.

To me these look very much like cases, where propeller hits ground during landing. So if there is something to complain about, it is more about being registered as "Shot down", if in reality the pilot landed on an airfield, but damaged propeller because of bad landing.

Thats true, all depends what the server considers, anyway keep in mind you have to land on the runway, if you land in the AF but outside the runway is always gonna be a ditch.

To me these look very much like cases, where propeller hits ground during landing. So if there is something to complain about, it is more about being registered as "Shot down", if in reality the pilot landed on an airfield, but damaged propeller because of bad landing.

For that reasons .. there is a cheat here, .. because this guy was shotdown but he landed "safe & sound"

please , read my previous post

I cannot see the Taw server in multiplayer server browser. Why?

There is WoL and so on.. but no taw.

The server seems to have been down for about eight hours now.  You can tell this from the TAW main page if the mission time exceeds like one hour and forty five minutes: http://taw.stg2.de/index.php .  Hopefully, it will come up soon because I plan to spend my Friday night playing here!

Edited by II./JG77_Limbo

The server seems to have been down for about eight hours now.  You can tell this from the TAW main page if the mission time exceeds like one hour and forty five minutes: http://taw.stg2.de/index.php .  Hopefully, it will come up soon because I plan to spend my Friday night playing here!

Okay, thanks.

It seems that the only choice now, to ease my letdown is pour a glass of whiskey.

Their parsing and interpretation of the logging at the server level --- and scoring is different from the in game scoring.  It will say ditched on your screen, but when I checked the logs I was good to go.  I never even bother looking at the in game details as they mean nothing.

Almost rolled off my sortie list--- second to last one... this one I bent my prop on landing.... still looking for the tail control lost one...

http://taw.stg2.de/p...&name=[TWB]Pand

I have noticed if you bend your prop or wreck your plane before the "takeoff event" you will lose the aircraft --- a penalty for not taxiing appropriately.   :)

I just checked all my previous sorties... and the history doesn't go back very far and has already scrolled off the list:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=[TWB]Pand