Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TP-Gosho said:

JG51Molders, you already mentioned the solution to your problem - go fly elsewhere. Nobody is entitled to fly on TAW, it is just an opportunity and not an inalienable right.


Being civil in your communication with others has nothing to do with being "politically correct", it is common courtesy.

 

If I were the admin of TAW, I'd never change the rules because someone tried to aggressively bully me into submission. Good luck with your conflict resolution skills.

 

Now I will "shut my hole", take my opinion to "the peanut gallery" and go flying. I hope you will, too.

Right on.  I'm sorry you feel bullied.  You should see a counselor about your hurt feelings.  And yes, I will fly somewhere else, thanks for your permission and endorsement.  Enjoy your campaign.

I guess I just don't understand why the people running the server enjoy these penalties, lock outs and forced side flying.  Apparently, you do.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm just not that person.  I'm sure you understand.

I'm done wasting my time here.

PS, Ogg and I are different people responding to different people in this topic.  But hey don't let that stop you from stringing together whatever you like from our posts.  Im sure you are enjoying working yourself up into a rightous rebuttal right now.  I can hardly wait.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You jokers are starting to take this make believe stuff way to serious! between people calling  others "female reproductive parts" online for bailing out of a damaged aircraft to condemning others for choosing not to switching sides - this has to stop!

 

I am all for opinions but when the attacks become personal - I guess we have to be reminded that this is a hobby and just a game, you cannot put this on your resume (C.V.). So don't be a "donkey's hollow place in a solid body or surface".

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

You jokers are starting to take this make believe stuff way to serious! between people calling  others "female reproductive parts" online for bailing out of a damaged aircraft to condemning others for choosing not to switching sides - this has to stop!

 

I am all for opinions but when the attacks become personal - I guess we have to be reminded that this is a hobby and just a game, you cannot put this on your resume (C.V.). So don't be a "donkey's hollow place in a solid body or surface".

This is such a hypocrite comment, I was on server when someone insulted you because you bailed out after breaking your engine chasing me over friendly airport, you bailed out instantly because you had i 16s on your tail and you wanted to deny them a kill rather than trying your chances with broken engine to reach friendly lines (you were right above our airfield so chances of capture were 100 % and you complain about 3 life rule. You said you got hit by aaa but your logs says otherwise (http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2326&name=JG7_X-Man). Also threatening someone IRL because he insulted you for what you are that's what's low.. I wasn't going to take part in this but seeing you crying on forum afterwards is too much.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who threatened anyone?  I beg pardon because this IS a very long thread, and I may have missed that part.  I didn't get that out of the last poster's comments at all.  And I certainly didn't feel that from the two people I chatted with, even if they have strong opinions different from mine.

I agree it's getting a bit venomous.  I have no wish to continue the discussion in that spirit, and will conduct myself accordingly from this point forward.  Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

This is such a hypocrite comment, I was on server when someone insulted you because you bailed out after breaking your engine chasing me over friendly airport, you bailed out instantly because you had i 16s on your tail and you wanted to deny them a kill rather than trying your chances with broken engine to reach friendly lines (you were right above our airfield so chances of capture were 100 % and you complain about 3 life rule. You said you got hit by aaa but your logs says otherwise (http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2326&name=JG7_X-Man). Also threatening someone IRL because he insulted you for what you are that's what's low.. I wasn't going to take part in this but seeing you crying on forum afterwards is too much.

 

I figured someone was going to chime in about that. That is exactly what I was talking about!

 

Backstory:

 

I was over that Blue tanks when I spotted a P-40, I gave chase and must have strayed over Staritsa. AAA opened up and the P-40s saw me. I dove away and the AA got my engine and I balied. Someone that was chasing me called me a "pusy". This individual has called me a name before for ditching on another server - so I had the let the guy know I would not tolerate that kind of language directed to me. 

 

I gave him a promise - I would hit him were it hurts if he used any derogatory language towards me again. Which was to have him banned for a few days.

 

Man-Yac you were a bystander and didn't get the whole story. I also think it is funny the person and I had the squabble patched things up and moved on. 

 

- Everything else you just mentioned in conjuncture from limited information. FYI - My log says I was captured sooo? :scratch_one-s_head: 

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your balance system is broken. 

It was 10 to 12 Russian had more players.  Every time I spawned and got kicked it said I was in spot 3 then spot 4 then spot 5. Then the teams evened ot 10 to 10 and I was still not able to take off. Getting the same message your in spot 4.

I don't have a lot of time to fly when I get the chance. This had made it impossible to fly. 

It's ok if your outnumbered. I just wanna fly, guy.

8 2019-05-13 02:28:09 Moscow_North
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Who threatened anyone?  I beg pardon because this IS a very long thread, and I may have missed that part.  I didn't get that out of the last poster's comments at all.  And I certainly didn't feel that from the two people I chatted with, even if they have strong opinions different from mine.

I agree it's getting a bit venomous.  I have no wish to continue the discussion in that spirit, and will conduct myself accordingly from this point forward.  Cheers.

Pretty sure they're talking about me threatening them Beazil.  I threatened them because I said I would take the JG51Molders contributions to another server because of the lack of ability to play on this server as an Axis Team.  Didn't really think that reality was considered a threat but.....well yeah.

 

>S< 

JG51_Ogg

CO JG51Molders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JG51_Ogg said:

Pretty sure they're talking about me threatening them Beazil.  I threatened them because I said I would take the JG51Molders contributions to another server because of the lack of ability to play on this server as an Axis Team.  Didn't really think that reality was considered a threat but.....well yeah.

 

>S< 

JG51_Ogg

CO JG51Molders

That wasn't it man. I got clarification from the person posting the comment.  It has nothing to do with us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JG7_X-Man

Really?

Me calling another random dude circles our airfield gets engaged, crashdives and then bails as altitude is running low gets taken to the forum?

Yes that is banter from my side... followed by you saying don't be rude and explaining it was AA that killed your engine... I listen to why you bailed and acknowledge it followed by conversation that is not hostile. With a promise that you wanted to take this to the forums the next time it happens and now we're here.

 

Have the full story for everybody to get the picture, 

I didnt see your engine died since i was bleeding off speed to not rip my Ishaks ailerons.

 

(I'm still for splitting feedback and general + administration on the forum)

 

http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=JG7_X_Man 

20190513010751_1.thumb.jpg.b6cfbf1b808f8009fbc31aad97f322cf.jpg20190513010656_1.thumb.jpg.eaa2a99098a8b30d1db1d3681bf37cb2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 часа назад, -332FG-Garven сказал:

Makes sense as your only partly alive.

Not really because according to the formula, less than 1 can be deducted (partially dead according to your logic).

I saw some people taking off right away after being killed 3 times.

Would be nice if you read the rules before commenting something.

<<<<<

To reduce number of “suicidal” sorties there are 3 lives for each map (there are 8 maps in total during the campaign). If pilot dies, captured or disco his live counter is reduced by:

  • 1 when he is in bigger team
  • X when he is in smaller team where X = #smaller_team/#bigger_team. Example: Axis players: 28, Allied players: 20 so X for Allied is 20/28 = 0.71.

>>>>>

Edited by 72AG_Obi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got this feeling that XJammer wont be flying anymore  :^) 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Come  on guys please stop acting like 2 years old children...a pacifier for both and end of the story! 😂

Play and have fun instead of fight over stupid things! 😉

Remember both the first rule of every good WW2 flight-simmer...don't be a dick! 😂

Edited by SKG210_Werner_Molders
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not seeing any fast shooting aaa over German Tank column even though I destroyed one; also seen none over German train station but we took heavy AA.  Is something wrong?

 

Edited by -332FG-Garven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -332FG-Garven said:

I'm not seeing any fast shooting aaa over German Tank column even though I destroyed one; also seen none over German train station but we took heavy AA.  Is something wrong?

 

I could be wrong, but I think the AA and the call outs are set to the wrong country.

Edited by ACG_Sketch-LW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to say that between calling someone "pussy" or "gay" or something like that, and threaten someone IRL, I really don't know which one is the most stupid... Oh wait I know: both.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -332FG-Garven said:

I'm not seeing any fast shooting aaa over German Tank column even though I destroyed one; also seen none over German train station but we took heavy AA.  Is something wrong?

 

Its there - I lost one engine to the flak over german coulmn just few minutes ago and I've seen it fireing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish some of us could play... I guess because people were complaining about lopsided sides through out the day, now we cannot play because your side is "too heavy".  I am sitting here waiting for a spot to open up, when it's only 14:6... If this continues, I may not have the time to wait around for allies to free up the spot, even though, there are only 20 people on the server. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kap-the-head said:

I wish some of us could play... I guess because people were complaining about lopsided sides through out the day, now we cannot play because your side is "too heavy".  I am sitting here waiting for a spot to open up, when it's only 14:6... If this continues, I may not have the time to wait around for allies to free up the spot, even though, there are only 20 people on the server. 

 

And it was easily predictible. To much restrictions kill it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kap-the-head said:

I wish some of us could play... I guess because people were complaining about lopsided sides through out the day, now we cannot play because your side is "too heavy".  I am sitting here waiting for a spot to open up, when it's only 14:6... If this continues, I may not have the time to wait around for allies to free up the spot, even though, there are only 20 people on the server. 

You can register 2nd nick for the other side to ballance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Artillery and Defensive positions have had almost non existent flak during the last few sorties and they were untouched before our runs.

Edited by -332FG-Garven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kap-the-head said:

I wish some of us could play... I guess because people were complaining about lopsided sides through out the day, now we cannot play because your side is "too heavy".  I am sitting here waiting for a spot to open up, when it's only 14:6... If this continues, I may not have the time to wait around for allies to free up the spot, even though, there are only 20 people on the server

The simplest is to wait for the start of a new mission

31 minutes ago, -332FG-Garven said:

Artillery and Defensive positions have had almost non existent flak during the last few sorties and they were untouched before our runs.

Perhaps their status already was as weak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Please guys stop complaining.

For sure we all have some things in those new changes that we don't agree, or we just think they are wrong, let's give this guys a chance, without TAW BOx won't be what it is now, (unfortunately) so let's fly at least the next two maps to see how it works and then we can get our conclusions based in real data, I'm pretty sure TAW admins take in consideration most of our comments if we can show some numbers t

Now with the new rules we will definitely see who is a vulture, a chut shooter, a serious team and of course, who has the biggest balls to fly attacker 😂

 

Edited by Ala13_elchinodecai
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ala13_elchinodecai said:

who has the biggest balls to fly attacker

 

I’m already planning to challenge myself  with a Stuka-only-TAW :russian_ru:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 72AG_Obi said:

Hi Kathon.

Could you please verify this: "Every time “Lives on map” counter (shown in pilots hangar) <= 0 then pilot has 24 hours time penalty".

It seems you get a ban if your live counter >0 but <1. For example for 0.53 you will still get a ban.

 

It sems that once you get negative, they put you a 24h penalty, and they add +1 live at the same moment, not after the 24h penalty.

So you never see the live counter <0 on the web, but it reached negative values

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, -332FG-Garven said:

I'm not seeing any fast shooting aaa over German Tank column even though I destroyed one; also seen none over German train station but we took heavy AA.  Is something wrong?

 

 

My Il2 was taken out by tank AA last night

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=810&name=Herne

Edited by Herne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think flak might be a bit overtuned... I was just sniped out of the air after dropping bombs on a depot from 5km while evading, changing course & speed..

 

if you can’t level bomb from 5 km, how are you supposed to do it? Any higher and you get problems with rendering & stuff. Kind of feels lame to lose 1h+ time investment in this fashion.. 

Edited by Finnsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is may be just a "surprise delay", which would be gone after the first attack or when an aircraft just fly near by (in the detection range of the flak).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have relaxed the limits between the sides so now more players can spawn without waiting in the queue.  I know this solution has it's disadvantages but it was proposed on the forum and I decided to test it. We can always turn it off or improve it after this campaign. 

 

The AA is strange and I need to test it more and report it to the devs. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I have relaxed the limits between the sides

How much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Finnsky said:

I think flak might be a bit overtuned... I was just sniped out of the air after dropping bombs on a depot from 5km while evading, changing course & speed..

 

if you can’t level bomb from 5 km, how are you supposed to do it? Any higher and you get problems with rendering & stuff. Kind of feels lame to lose 1h+ time investment in this fashion.. 

After 3k, your chances of being hit drops quite a bit.  Only the heavy caliber AA guns can shoot above 3k.  However, this does not mean you won't be hit.  The chances are simply smaller. You getting hit by one lucky shot doesn't mean "you can't level bomb at 5k" until many others start having the same experiences.

 

It sounds like you did everything possible to minimize your chances of being hit but that's all that does.  Minimizes the threat, never eliminating it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I have relaxed the limits between the sides so now more players can spawn without waiting in the queue

Nice this explains why server now is full of Axis, 21 vrs 10 reds.... 😒

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 vs 1.5 is still very doable... It's a target rich environment. 😎

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ACG_Sketch-LW said:

1 vs 1.5 is still very doable... It's a target rich environment. 😎

 

 

10 vs 21 is more like 1 vs 2.1...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

10 vs 21 is more like 1 vs 2.1...;)

 

Do you remember that you cannot start on the nearest AFs (If your team has more players)?

Edited by Norz
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I have relaxed the limits between the sides so now more players can spawn without waiting in the queue.  I know this solution has it's disadvantages but it was proposed on the forum and I decided to test it. We can always turn it off or improve it after this campaign. 


Would have personally preferred if we could have stuck with the new balance changes throughout a campaign rather than 1 day to see how it plays out. Seeing and experiencing the balance in numbers between blue and red yesterday was like a dream come true (especially on the first map), but it seems we're back to the good old 2:1 ratio (as of writing this reply). You will hopefully keep trying to improve the balance in numbers.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That make me think the frontline airfield restriction was already a very good and largely sufficient restriction in case of unbalanced team.

With just another restriction on the numbers to avoid crazy unbalanced ratio like 20vs60 of course.

 

Just my opinion.

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a Problem here with Plane setup in Map 1.

On Patrol with Bf109E7 last 3 Maps i saw only Pe2.The Problem is we cant follow them on diving.They are to fast and the Red Airfields to close.(Ryabinki Area)

And Tailgunner are ,mmh better i speak not over that :)

I think the Pe2 is used too much and less the hunters in recent times.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@=LG=Kathon    Today I was shot down by fiendly fire.  while on combat with a 109. I guess he did not want me to kill the 109 so he can get the kill or something. No confussion possible he The 109 was far behind and I was shaking wings etc. He waited till be soo close to hit me. 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=3790&name=E69_geramos109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

I see a Problem here with Plane setup in Map 1.

On Patrol with Bf109E7 last 3 Maps i saw only Pe2.The Problem is we cant follow them on diving.They are to fast and the Red Airfields to close.(Ryabinki Area)

And Tailgunner are ,mmh better i speak not over that :)

I think the Pe2 is used too much and less the hunters in recent times.
 

I see a problem. I cant catch 109s neither in horizontal flight nor in dive with i16...

;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tailgunners 360 noscopes are a global problem, aircraft durability has gone up and crew DM is meh, now tell that to the little ishak chasing a Ju-88 on map #2 or a 110 on map #1

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
have a ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...