=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

Well with the new meta, I assure you people will be chute killed. Only need to do it 3 times to kick a player for an entire map or 24 hours. 

Naah, players won't do that; they have honor. /s

Time to bring this guy out again...

ve6leit.jpg.ba7284670d554328930bd6e67da96ff6.jpg

Edited by ACG_Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

hahahah

Bloody TAW edition

Thx for start again TAW guys!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

New TAW camping starts on Sunday 12.05 about 10:00 UTC.

• New durability for buildings and vehicles provided by developers. But after tests we think there are bugs because you can still destroy hangar with 50kg bomb. I’m going to report this as well.  
  • To reduce number of “suicidal” sorties there are 3 lives for each map (there are 8 maps in total during the campaign). 

Good luck :salute:

> A 50kg bomb inside the center of a empty hangar wouldn't do much, but one lodged in the roof or close to an outside wall certainly would.  

> I get why this is happening but, I'm seriously debating how much I want to:   a). spend 3 lives in original Super Mario Bros. or b). spend 3 lives in original Pac Man, instead and be done with it.  

I guess a better work-around to +1 planes being added to player inventory every round couldn't be found - like +1 plane only added to inventory for the round only if the player's inventory = 0 planes.

Maybe I'll flip a coin 3 times and decide whether I want to even bother.

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

New TAW camping starts on Sunday 12.05 about 10:00 UTC.

Change log:

• Improved “balancer” algorithm. Number of pilots on one side depends on number of pilots on the other side. In general the ratio shouldn’t be bigger than 40%. Example: one team has 20 players so the other may have 20*140% = 28.  For small number of players (below 10) the limit for other side is about 10.  Max number of players for each side is 45 as before.

That is exactly what I proposed 2 campaigns ago! :good:

3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Don't you like balance?

That problem is solved! :rtfm: :biggrin:

If I get killed three times during one map, I'm gonna be so pissed I'll need a break anyway.  This three-lives-per-map thing could be good for my mental health.  On the other hand, less TAW means spending more time with my kids.  Bad for mental health. 

I may need to stock up on booze before 5/12/19 . . . .

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, II./JG51Grasser said:

when start server?

+1 week

• Haha 2

Thank you for this new edition

Lets test this changes, live count on my opinion will increase the chute kills, will be good if you can disconnect after 3 seconds max.

30% of damage no plane available, well, I have no idea how often happen to me, I think on every mission jajajajaja  

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the update KATHON.   Looking forward to Sunday morning. 

Premiums for staying alive....I like it.

Premiums for killing your enemy....I like it

But I can see an exploit coming from strafing the AA at an active AF then hang out and kill someone while the engine is being started, Taxing to the runway, taking off, or some other defenseless position on or near their original field of operation with the three life rule.  I mean what happens to "Balance" when one sides pilots have been killed off by this exploit?   The other side in the Balance equation can't fly either?  I'm just saying creating a balance algorithm with a life counter could get stupid ridiculous real fast.

Returning an aircraft to the field with 30% damage and losing it for current and following map....Not liking it. (Why return the aircraft if I can crash land and fly 3 missions to get it back?) current map OK, an additional map leaves no incentive to return a damaged aircraft to the airfield.  (trust me if I think of it someone else will exploit it).

There is also additional queue for donators who have donated TAW server.....Not sure I like this as Myself and Moostafa are the contributors of funds from the squad, we receive funds from all our squad-mates to support servers and would hate to have them waiting while we were moved to the head of the line so to speak.

Thanks again,  I just wanted to show my concerns over what could possibly happen.

>S<

JG51_Ogg

JG51Molders

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Upvote 1

I wonder, will the Finns fly red for a change... or is using mixture knob too complicated on anything but the Zuzuki PV  :^) 

32 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

I wonder, will the Finns fly red for a change... or is using mixture knob too complicated on anything but the Zuzuki PV  :^) 

Don't wonder, it's too complicated ;)

But still couple of finn squadrons will fly red. 

I like the new rules, more team work, more real, no banzai, no lone wolf.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Improved “balancer” algorithm. Number of pilots on one side depends on number of pilots on the other side. In general the ratio shouldn’t be bigger than 40%. Example: one team has 20 players so the other may have 20*140% = 28.  For small number of players (below 10) the limit for other side is about 10.  Max number of players for each side is 45 as before

Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us to fly 1 or 2 laps together with more than 10 players. That's what TAW has awarded TAW for us.

i forgett... JG4 if fly for Grey this Time ..good Nigth

I will ONLY fly supply runs, that saves my life! Ground attackers will die out at least when they have flown their first six missions!

And adding to that: this slot reduction is the end for flying as a squad. Therefore the talking about "coordination is a must" for surviving is bullshit, because TAW prevents squads to fly together in formation. This effect was noticable already in the last campaign. We will only have Hartmanns flying solo at 7k and above over own territory!

Edited by JG4_Karl_Gratz
grammatics
  • Upvote 1

Its funny that the only people complaining about the balance approach and saying that it is the end of flying as a squad are exactly the same people that are causing the balance issues in the first place and never fly red....

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, 8./JG5_xshinel said:

I like the new rules, more team work, more real, no banzai, no lone wolf.

You will see just in one week that you are wrong.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

There is also additional queue for donators who have donated TAW server.

Are you talking only about recent donators or all donators?

For the 3 lives limit, I wouldn't be surprise it will increase chute killing... 

So imagine you have only one life left. You finally manage to go in flight with your whole squad (which would be a miracle with all the restrictions). Unfortunatly you get shot down early in the flight and then killed on chute by one of those ******************************************************************* (no need to say how much I like and respect chute killers). Your playing moment is done... you can go to bed or fly alone on another server. 

I know you are trying to improve as much as you can for the balance, but I think the more you restricte, the more you kill team work because as somes already said, it will be hard or almost impossible for squads to fly together. 

On last campaign is was almost impossible so now... 

But at the end:

- the server will be full anyway.

- large squads will join other servers like Combat Box or KOTA.

So...

14 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

If your aircraft is damaged more than 30% then after landing it’s not available in the current and next mission.

Definitly a very very very very very very... bad idea to me.

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

But at the end:

I am not sure about it. All these restrictions will reduce the number of the players.

Edited by Norz

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Its funny that the only people complaining about the balance approach and saying that it is the end of flying as a squad are exactly the same people that are causing the balance issues in the first place and never fly red....

Whats wrong with not flying red??? I think you just have an attraction problem with red, therefore few like to fly them.

Edited by JG4_Karl_Gratz

1 hour ago, JG4_Karl_Gratz said:

I will ONLY fly supply runs, that saves my life! Ground attackers will die out at least when they have flown their first six missions!

And adding to that: this slot reduction is the end for flying as a squad. Therefore the talking about "coordination is a must" for surviving is bullshit, because TAW prevents squads to fly together in formation. This effect was noticable already in the last campaign. We will only have Hartmanns flying solo at 7k and above over own territory!

How is coordination supposed to happen? Squads like JG4 have their own private TS channels and on the open TAW TS English channel there are usually only 3-4 people talking unrelated stories about their day life... I guess the only way to fly coordinated for Germany (especially as a solo ground attacker) is to learn Russian and join the Russian TS which usually has the most members and the most serious attitude about winning the mission...

Chute killing never really bothered me. The way I see it is on the Eastern Front the hatred was real and there was a lot more of it. I thought the only people who really got pissed by it were stat whores and tbh some of them never crossed over enemy lines or came down low enough to risk it anyway. On the Eastern Front I can applaud it even (on Western Front games flying British I abhor it. Totally bad show...). That said with the new rules it really IS a bad show as you are stopping someone from playing and enjoying what is essentially a game. We all (ahem....we mostly...) all play this because we enjoy it. 

I think the real killer though will be to low level ground attack. Sometimes low level defences can be a real killer, especially if you are flying at a time of day with reduced numbers in the server. Where is the incentive to do these low level missions which, I am sure most of you will agree, are much more of a killer of pilots than flying CAP somewhere. Even when just considering your chance to bail out, or your chance to get home without the advantage of some altitude. 

Because of this I really think the life counter will kill these sorts of missions for many pilots who get sick of getting their 24 hour ban trying to win the map whilst watching others flit about at 7k who are laughing at them as they watch them disappear from the maps.

Just looking at the forums you can see the reluctance of people to do these missions starting to come through.

I don't know the answer, just putting this up as a possibility.

Is there a way to not count the death if they were flying a stuka, He-111 or IL2, Pe-2 for example? This might move more people down to attack ground targets when their fighter count is low rather than having people avoid these missions altogether. Just a thought for discussion rather than just saying 'this is bad'

Good luck everyone in upcoming TAW. 

At first I advocated for the 60/40 player limit ratio.  Now that I see where it is going, I'm starting to lean towards 42 slots reserved on each side and "let it ride" as far as potential for occasional overwhelming attacks are concerned.  

The 3 lives rule is not something I care for at all.  I punishes honest mistakes and bad luck more than it punishes suicide pilots.  

Start every player off with the preset amount of planes for the map and if they spend them all doing stupid stuff, only give them +1 transport per round after that.  Kick them if they change the configuration away from Transport setup.  If they don't build their set back up or decide to spend it stupidly (again), too bad.

Those who want to punish the 'lone wolf' - especially if said 'lone wolf' is NOT a suicide pilot - probably also promote hive-minded street gang mentality too.  Either that or they're corporate clones (same difference).  

Because of our large numbers the quota will prevent us from flying together as a squad and this regardless of whether we fly for red or blue. Even finding that odd time frame, where there is almost nobody on the server, will not work anymore.
And: Yes, we are causing balancing issues. Still, for those that value balance over mostly everything else, I think it might be the better approach to lobby for the exclusion of JG4 from TAW than to rely on a quota. A quota has been in place in TAW before and it did not work out too well for the server. 

New quota rule is wrong. 

Why should we balance it if there are 10 vs 25 players on the server? What is wrong with the old rule when it was not possible to start at the front line AFs?

• Upvote 1

I wonder how coop formula would work in TAW instead of deathmach. I would like to sign , meet , take assignment end work with others. No need to rush and campaign would last for much longer .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

I wonder how coop formula would work in TAW instead of deathmach. I would like to sign , meet , take assignment end work with others. No need to rush and campaign would last for much longer .

+1

A good solution but maybe expensive one would be running two TAW servers at same time. That would double the slots and solve the problem of squads flying together on prime time and weekends.

We could have, for example, Moscow north and south running at same time with a new algorithm that would make campaign last longer with more targets or goals to move the front line. The possibility to transfer your squad between servers with time limitation for a new transfer would be nice. 

I liked the new rules but we will probably need plenty of slots to make people fly together and make it work as TAWs devs intended.

Posted (edited)

This 24h ban penalty means that you most likely won't be able to fly on TAW the next day too.

If I die for the third time (and I will) at 22h30 local time, I think I won't log on the next day to play at 22h30, I'll wait the day after to play at the beginning of the evening with my survivors mates.

Edited by -IRRE-Biluf

21 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

A good solution but maybe expensive one would be running two TAW servers at same time. 

Well they will have Sh1t loads of cash now people can donate in order to get club class queueing privelages.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

A good solution but maybe expensive one would be running two TAW servers at same time. That would double the slots and solve the problem of squads flying together on prime time and weekends.

We could have, for example, Moscow north and south running at same time with a new algorithm that would make campaign last longer with more targets or goals to move the front line. The possibility to transfer your squad between servers with time limitation for a new transfer would be nice. 

Good idea, but if they do that, I guess we wouldn't see a new TAW until 2021 ... seems complicated.

1 hour ago, Norz said:

Why should we balance it if there are 10 vs 25 players on the server? What is wrong with the old rule when it was not possible to start at the front line AFs?

+1

17 minutes ago, SCG_BOO said:

Well they will have Sh1t loads of cash now people can donate in order to get club class queueing privelages.  

Start a server for the VIPs and one for the unwashed plebs....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Start a server for the VIPs and one for the unwashed plebs....

VIP - Very Impatient Pilot

Donations can mean US$ 1 if you can play this game you have it. No unnecessary drama here guys. Besides that there is no free lunch and supporting the server costs it is important. TAW devs already work for free for everybody fun coding the server, website, etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Are you talking only about recent donators or all donators?

For the 3 lives limit, I wouldn't be surprise it will increase chute killing... 

So imagine you have only one life left. You finally manage to go in flight with your whole squad (which would be a miracle with all the restrictions). Unfortunatly you get shot down early in the flight and then killed on chute by one of those ******************************************************************* (no need to say how much I like and respect chute killers). Your playing moment is done... you can go to bed or fly alone on another server. 

I know you are trying to improve as much as you can for the balance, but I think the more you restricte, the more you kill team work because as somes already said, it will be hard or almost impossible for squads to fly together. 

On last campaign is was almost impossible so now... 

But at the end:

- large squads will join other servers like Combat Box or KOTA.

So...

Definitly a very very very very very very... bad idea to me.

I have a feeling such as FAUCON that this may be the death nail of organized large groups.  There will be chute shooters especially over enemy territory. 

I do know when JG51Molders flies we fly as a squad.  If one cannot fly a server we will not fly the server. 

I foresee JG51Molders moving it's support to another server without GPS, with objectives, and without restrictions if these things don't change.

• Sad 2

Whatever is said about the new balance system. Somes will agree, somes not. 

But... I really don't get the point of loosing your landed aircraft with more than 30% of damages. 

I know that a heavily damaged aircraft is out of combat for few days, may be few weeks... But as far as I know, our pilot just have to jump on another aircraft available on the airfield.

I like the 30% damage rule simply because it might mix up the late war metagame a bit and force people into suboptimal aircraft in their lineup to keep the fight going while repairs are made. 

More importantly it makes damaging aircraft important, which I think is something underrepresented.   As it stands, we've had pilots smashing into each other to utterly annihilate an enemy because if there is *any* chance of that plane making back home, any damage dealt to it was pointless. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Donations can mean US$ 1 if you can play this game you have it. No unnecessary drama here guys. Besides that there is no free lunch and supporting the server costs it is important. TAW devs already work for free for everybody fun coding the server, website, etc

No unnecessary drama in the TAW forum would be a first. 

No free lunch is a very valid point but an extra life per map or an additional aircraft slot would have been less devisive. TBH a simple acknowledgment is all most would need. As it is the offer of a priority queueing system is offered yet there is no word on if this applies to past contributions or current donations or subscriptions or if amounts are factored or as is assumed $1 one offs are as good as anything.  Nor is there any detail on what happens when everyone queing is a "donator" (you are effectively back to square one but with a false promise of benefit) or what if any guards are in place when a non donator has been constantly queue jumped by $1 donator after $1 donator for the duration of the map. Finally we have how long in between donating and that donation being registered in the server takes. Currently the website says 8 weeks before your name appears. And now we are looking at a protential situation where the admin is swamped with $1 one offs. 

Im sorry but the proposition very much smacks of playing on the popularity of the server and the difficulty people regularily face joining it without offering any real guarantee or benefit. I have no issue with incentives to donate at all but this one just doesnt seem very well thought out to me.