=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Is all this unknown mission at the same time? I think there was just one map that didn't worked correctly and all had this unknown mission. Idk but if so, there is nothing you can do with it yet.

Yes. It was the same mission as StG2_zulu354 describes. Stalingrad South#105.

I've understood that You can do nothing with that mission - results gone.

But You can't do anything to prevent such situation in future ? 

The worst thing is that pilot enterd the server, flying almost 2h while seeing text :"multiplayer server overload" constantly, doing his job and ... after mission ends got unknown status in brief.

When "multiplayer server overload" aprear pilot had two choince then :

1. leave, cuz whatever he can do in mision, it won't be count

2. risk to stay and fly - server maybe will count his effort, but pilot will know about it after mission end.

Ramm.

ps. strange is that Otto fly with me in that StalingradSouth#105 and he got results in brief.

Btw, the website address referred to in the manual (and I think on the server itself too) is incorrect. http://www.taw.stg2.de/ won't work, http://taw.stg2.de/ will work.

I'm trying to register, but the site says "That username or e-mail address is already registered." I tried to do password recovery, but it says I haven't registered. I don't remember ever registering for the TAW. I think I did fly in the previous campaing couple of times, when the registration wasn't necessary.

Issue resolved now.

ps. strange is that Otto fly with me in that StalingradSouth#105 and he got results in brief.

LeLv8_Ade all flights OK

LeLv8_Archi one flight OK, other unknown

LeLv8_Otto all flights OK

LeLv8_Eba all 3 flights unknown

LLv24_Veccu one flight unknown

We were all flying at the same time on same area and seems that totally randomly the mission logging fails. Anyway, really strange things can happen when "server overload" message appears so I would suggest to leave server at that time

Thanks for the manual.

Just two questions:

1.) Last campaign Kathon said that with 6 planes landed at an enemy airfield the chance to capture is it 50% while with 7 planes landed it is 100%. Did this get dismissed or is this rule still in place?

2.) You have written that an airfield gets closed at 75% damage. I was under the impression that they worked well until 85% when they get completely shut down. Is that correct?

Does supplying your existing AF work already as mentioned in the manual? (using HE111, JU88 or PE2)

Edited by LeLv8_Otto

"A transport plane is either an HE111 or an PE2; without ordnance and 100% fuel."  - So the Ju88 doesn't count? Or is this an error in the manual?

The overloaded mission didnt count for me. It shows as unknown even though i flew for like 40 min and scored two kills. Not to mention everybody warping everywhere ...

Unknown_zps69mtc3hi.jpg

Edited by JAGER_Riksen

Be happy that it did not count. I was flying my La-5 when time slowed down to the point that it felt like it's 1/2 or 1/4. Flying 500kmph as the gauge showed but with feeling of speed like in biplane. Somehow it detected me either colliding into a tree or my bomb (3s) went off but i was still very close to the drop point.

Another thing was that I had smooth fps according to my fps-counter, but in the game it felt like 16-22fps actually.

edit. my mission counted ;]

Edited by Cethanu

Nice Video!  Your game is about 10x smoother than mine is--- especially in close on smoking bombers.  What is your hardware setup and location vs the game server?

• Upvote 1

Nice Video!  Your game is about 10x smoother than mine is--- especially in close on smoking bombers.  What is your hardware setup and location vs the game server?

A i74790 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz with a Geforce GTX 1060. Edit: Apparently I am very close to the server as I have a ping of 11. I guess the server is located in Frankfurt

I am astounded that some users on youtube are commenting that flying russian is easymode and that I never could have done that with a 109... pls what?

I could have done highspeed passes with even more speed difference....

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

A i74790 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz with a Geforce GTX 1060. Edit: Apparently I am very close to the server as I have a ping of 11. I guess the server is located in Frankfurt

I am astounded that some users on youtube are commenting that flying russian is easymode and that I never could have done that with a 109... pls what?

I could have done highspeed passes with even more speed difference....

Wow!  A Ping of 11 --- I think that has the most impact on smoothness and effectiveness of landed rounds.  Salute!

Hi All !!! Explain me, please, why server kicks me today after i spawn with correct plane on correct airfield ???

Cause you get banned for 3 days

a little bonus clip from tonight.

That was me. The damage output of the Russian arms and the German damage model are ridiculous.

Thanks for the manual.

Just two questions:

1.) Last campaign Kathon said that with 6 planes landed at an enemy airfield the chance to capture is it 50% while with 7 planes landed it is 100%. Did this get dismissed or is this rule still in place?

2.) You have written that an airfield gets closed at 75% damage. I was under the impression that they worked well until 85% when they get completely shut down. Is that correct?

closed = can still land at the airfield but can not take off from it. The airfield still "functions" but no planes can take off from it. Closed airfields occur at 75% damage, or if an enemy tank is with 15km. The airfields automatically repair 5% for every friendly transport plane landed on it, or a larger percentage when a friendly supply convoy arrives at the damaged airfield. The change in damage percent changes upon map rotation. Below 75%, the airfield will not become closed.

capturing an airfield = landing 6 transport planes or having tanks capture nearby city. 

The manual was written for the new planeset (not TAW's current one). So, currently YES JU88s can be transport planes, but in the future that may not be the case. (I assisted with editing the manual.)

(at the bottom of the manual it states - "Due to techincal problems explained by Kathon on forum some of the rules might not be active in the present season.")

Edited by Sketch-

The 'Death Penalty' needs to go sorry. It does not appeal to me to be penalized for getting 'Vulched' on the airfield. If you're going to implement that rule, then maybe a 'No Vulching' rule should be in place. Plus 5min is highly un-reasonable. It's the only thing stopping me from coming back.

What is the benefit of registration on your website exacty? Other than being able to fly?

it keeps track of your stats, your planes and pretty much registers everything you do and even has a nifty leaderboard-like system - but most importantly, it keeps tabs on what's going on to provide a persistent war that evolves between missions based on what you do

in short - it makes the "air war" be "tactical", as advertised

but - alas, today it seems theres' something not quite alright with every server out there... hopefully they fix it soon - seems most if not all MP is currently having some technical difficulties

closed = can still land at the airfield but can not take off from it. The airfield still "functions" but no planes can take off from it. Closed airfields occur at 75% damage, or if an enemy tank is with 15km. The airfields automatically repair 5% for every friendly transport plane landed on it, or a larger percentage when a friendly supply convoy arrives at the damaged airfield. The change in damage percent changes upon map rotation. Below 75%, the airfield will not become closed.

Hey Sketch,

I think the actual number is 85%.

I took off from a field today that was indicated to be 83% damaged with no issue.

but - alas, today it seems theres' something not quite alright with every server out there... hopefully they fix it soon - seems most if not all MP is currently having some technical difficulties

The master authentication server owned and operated by 1CGS crashed today. It was down long enough that all Dservers (MP servers) were disconnected.

Once the master server came back online (record time from 1CGS), all multiplayer server owners must manually restart the Dserver process as it is not coded to auto-reconnect with this type of event.

Our issue in the USA is that all of those people are on the other side of the world and have been asleep ;)

Edited by [TWB]Pand

I figured it would have been something like that had happened - oh well...  

as the saying goes: <objectionable substance> happens

Edited by Moach

The 'Death Penalty' needs to go sorry. It does not appeal to me to be penalized for getting 'Vulched' on the airfield. If you're going to implement that rule, then maybe a 'No Vulching' rule should be in place. Plus 5min is highly un-reasonable. It's the only thing stopping me from coming back.

Pro tip: spawn further behind the front if possible and take off if the air field is not under attack. I wasn't shot down once after take off.
  • Upvote 4

Could someone explain what this icon represents? Everytime I have checked it there are no targets on the area nor there is no icon in game map to indicate a target.

post-552-0-75975900-1473839643.jpg

Could someone explain what this icon represents? Everytime I have checked it there are no targets on the area nor there is no icon in game map to indicate a target.

This icon represents City, that is strategic objective that can be captured ONLY by ground units, when enemy sends tank convoy to it, it set ups DEFENCE LINES, and thats the target you have to defend or attack if u want to capture the city. Cities are the same important as airfields but you can't take off there obviously. THERE ARE NO PHSYICAL TARGETS AT CITY LOCATION. Only the defence lines.

I get "www.taw.stg2.de’s server DNS address could not be found."

But who told you to use www? There is no www in link I send

As Pand points out, the server was down all of last night during the North American evening which was a real bummer.  Would it be possible to get a few administrators out here in North America that could restart the server if needed?

Pro tip: spawn further behind the front if possible and take off if the air field is not under attack. I wasn't shot down once after take off.

Pro tip? The airfield came under attack about 5 seconds after I spawned. Sorry for not being a mind reader.