=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

11 hours ago, AirshowDisaster said:

The problem here is when the LW stacking gets too high I just won't take the risk at all. I don't have the planes to spare in unfavorable circumstances so I'll stay on the ground - which exacerbates the problem by removing one more person from the VVS making it all the less appealing to someone who'd think like I do. 

US evening -  I've flown LW maybe one mission in years, not even a full campaign.  I see a constant 30 v 5-7 so I just dont play any more unless I'm asked to be cannon fodder for a friend while he bombs.  I'll have to look again, but I'm not so sure its squads doing this, as it seems its primarily individuals with no affiliation in LW (as you would expect). 

I dont hope for change anymore, so I just go Play WoL or KOTA sadly.

• Upvote 1

People whine about xjammer because he was spawn camping on the ground and using his tail gunner to kill people as they popped in last TAW.  He is not sorry for this and furthermore he's a giant sperg using an obvious sock puppet account for no reason, attempting to defend exploiting the game with the excuse 'Its not stated in the rulebook, so it's allowed'.  He shouldn't be in TAW.  I don't know why he's tolerated.  People have been banned for less.

Edited by CamusB455
'Spawn camping spawn' is redundant

6 hours ago, Norz said:

=LG=Kathon

2x20mm cannons are not allowed for Mc202. Is it correct for the map No2?

This limitation depends on Axis depot destruction.

I already know of a couple of players who started out all excited about the latest TAW, but have now already lost interest because of xJammer's behaviors, and that the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

43 минуты назад, SeaSerpent сказал:

I already know of a couple of players who started out all excited about the latest TAW, but have now already lost interest because of xJammer's behaviors, and that the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

A lot of people just left the project, because their wifes were unhappy. 

the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

On 2/22/2019 at 4:48 AM, Banzaii said:

@xJammer please tell me about this sortie.

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=15681&name=xJammer

If link doesn;t work it's 21.02.2019 21:28:04

Interesting - this guys log looks the same.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20447&name==KHS=adsl01

I was about 2KM above him when his gunner started firing. I flew parallel and over took him for a 30 degrees angle off attack out of his gunners arc of fire with no hits him on both of my two passes. while lining up for the third pass, he landed in a field (German territory). My guess he wanted to give his gunner a clean shot or hoping I would fly off. I elected to straf the guy. He then disconnected.

On a flight to Las Vegas last week I read The War Diary of Hauptmann Helmut Lipfert. In his account he described landing on a dirt road when he was lost to get is bearings and review his map (..I guess he needed the wing level button LOL). Thus,  I wouldn't say the guys was cheating. 

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Just now, =L/R=Maurox said:

Can someone exactly say what he did expect landing in enemy territory? Is there something I'm missing?

Killed the gameplay i suppose.

You can take off and land. If you do it not in this way, some people cannot accept it.

He could fly with teammates. Land so close to depot that AAA was constantly focus on him but he was lower than treetop so nothing could happen to him. His guys killed all AAA there. he took off and kill all depot that was cleared. he has 66 targets down and 4 CM. that my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

JG4 players are sitting in spectate mode when the server is full. I get that you guys have no respect for the community and dont give a s*** about balance but could you guys at least respect the cap limit in the campaign and refrain from taking extra slots that are destined to VVS?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

JG4 players are sitting in spectate mode when the server is full. I get that you guys have no respect for the community and dont give a s*** about balance but could you guys at least respect the cap limit in the campaign and refrain from taking extra slots that are destined to VVS?

Yeah - that's an epic fail in my book!

When winning in any way possible becomes more important than fair play, something’s wrong, thanks to LG for the hard work, but it’s certain parts of the community that’s letting the rest of us down.

2 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Really? Landing on the enemy airfield will result now with captured status and kick from the server. I will add similar solution if pilots land on the enemy territory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Really? Landing on the enemy airfield will result now with captured status and kick from the server. I will add similar solution if pilots land on the enemy territory. 

=LG=Kathon,  

please think about it once more. Finally people will ask you to ban the players, who attack the AF, where they are starting. You know, the same story was on the server WOL. They did AI planes to stop the players, who attacked with Ju88 the red airfields.

Again, someone landed on the enemy side for some reason (to detect the enemy planes, to save the fuel, whatever). Two teams can do it. There is no problem at all.

Edited by Norz

Yea, but what Coleman said, xJammer landing near the depot, and driving up to it behind a hill until the flak is focused on him? Then his teammates kill the flak that is shooting the ground? Really?

Such a person with such a character, repeatedly, do you really think TAW is the right server for him? I really don't get why you're not finally intervening. But it's your choice. 

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots! A timer to sit as a spectator is needed, maybe 5 minutes with an at least 15 minute ban following may help? It may be a solution - fair to all - as it will affect all people equally too.

P.S. Let's call a spade a spade. 🚮

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Thx 4 reporting :D
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yea, but what Coleman said, xJammer landing near the depot, and driving up to it behind a hill until the flak is focused on him? Then his teammates kill the flak that is shooting the ground? Really?

Such a person with such a character, repeatedly, do you really think TAW is the right server for him? I really don't get why you're not finally intervening. But it's your choice. 

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots! A timer to sit as a spectator is needed, maybe 5 minutes with an at least 15 minute ban following may help? It may be a solution - fair to all - as it will affect all people equally too.

P.S. Let's call a spade a spade. 🚮

IT WAS not like that. He waited us and we killed all AAA. What is the problem?

Edited by Norz

then why you didnt explain it was like that? i made a research and i know that he landed on lotoshino and then i did know that he waited for some ppl to do it togheter. there is nothing wrong i think.

1 minute ago, =LG=Coldman said:

then why you didnt explain it was like that? i made a research and i know that he landed on lotoshino and then i did know that he waited for some ppl to do it togheter. there is nothing wrong i think.

Because i can't believe that someone can seriously think about these versions. 

Edited by Norz

Im sitting , drinking a glas of red wine and thinking back when I was young and I read the small comic ......FX a 

Little comic series : Battle Britton .....a English pilot , almost in a spit and he was a hero ..... I don't remember any of the plot , but he was the hero , and I have seen many Hollywood movies with good and bad gays .... And they made some very smart thing ....

I'm not so much into Taw , and I use some time in Berloga for rehursing against real pilot ..... Before I'll go to Taw 

But , what I mean , I can think it's Brilliant sometimes when some ppl make a plan that is maybe stupid - but in the end seems to be very smart 

It's the story about xjammer I'm talking about ...... And what I have read about the nightwitches , then they  make some plane to take the flak when one go down bombing 

It's fine we have some rules , but let us allso be creative and not just a crowd 

1 hour ago, Norz said:

Because i can't believe that someone can seriously think about these versions. 

Because of course xjammer is a saint and would never do such a thing, what were we thinking eh?

Ban the guy, he will just find the next exploit, and the next exploit, all at our expense and to fuel his fun.

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 час назад, Norz сказал:

who attacked with Ju88 the red airfields

Not red. All fields.

26 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots!  

Are you serious? :o: Do they really do that ?...Nobody from the JG4 for talking about that ?

Can somebody tell me how kubinka was captured by a destroyed tank column?

There was no symbol left on the map and we just lost Kubinka. There was no DZ to my knowledge.

Just now, DerSheriff said:

Can somebody tell me how kubinka was captured by a destroyed tank column?

There was no symbol left on the map and we just lost Kubinka. There was no DZ to my knowledge.

Before 5 min to the end the icon was there.

Edited by Norz

To try and restore some balance at peak times, could players be restricted by numbers of sorties flown per day/24 hours?

for example if I’ve flown 10 sorties in a day, someone who hasn’t flown any sorties or less than 10, gets priority over me to join the server at peak times, it doesn’t mean I can’t join at all, if the servers full then perhaps I’m banned for 60 minutes to allow others to join.

something like:

if player has 10+ sorties per 24hours between 7-9pm if server is 90% capacity = 60 minute ban

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 2

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21056&name=AirshowDisaster

The adrenaline of flying an I-16 against three (!) Bf-109s is a fun challenge... Now coming to you live from any active objective on the map!

Here's my suggestion: Stagger the plane set.

If for a map the playerbase is heavily biased towards one side then on the next map then do not progress the planeset for the overpopulated side. Meaning that for the next map (for example) the Bf109 E-7 would remain the +1 fighter for the LW but the MiG-3 becomes the +1 for VVS.

Edited by AirshowDisaster
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21056&name=AirshowDisaster

The adrenaline of flying an I-16 against three (!) Bf-109s is a fun challenge... Now coming to you live from any active objective on the map!

Here's my suggestion: Stagger the plane set.

If for a map the playerbase is heavily biased towards one side then on the next map then do not progress the planeset for the overpopulated side. Meaning that for the next map (for example) the Bf109 E-7 would remain the +1 fighter for the LW but the MiG-3 becomes the +1 for VVS.

Imagine the outrage if the top luftwaffe pilots had to fly inferior planes. They'd never fly again. I am literally sitting out the first part of the campaign because the planeset is stupid.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Imagine the outrage if the top luftwaffe pilots had to fly inferior planes. They'd never fly again. I am literally sitting out the first part of the campaign because the planeset is stupid.

But that's just the thing! MiG-3 vs E-7 probably still favors the 109 in virtually all categories. The LaGG-3 flies like a brick in the best circumstances. The Yak-1 is outclimbed by almost all Bf109-Fs that LW is already getting access to in Map 2. It wouldn't be the LW flying inferior planes - they would probably still be statistically better according to most data!

Edit: Reading the stats the MiG-3 is slightly faster & climbs slightly better than an E-7. The E-7 turns better and is significantly better armed - unless the the MiG wants to sacrifice it's only advantages with the pods.

Edited by AirshowDisaster
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

Edit: Reading the stats the MiG-3 is slightly faster & climbs slightly better than an E-7. The E-7 turns better and is significantly better armed - unless the the MiG wants to sacrifice it's only advantages with the pods.

Mig3 is faster for 40..50km and it is "slightly". 

Edited by Norz

3 minutes ago, Norz said:

Mig3 is faster for 40..50km and it is "slightly". 

Heaven forbid the Germans not fly the significantly faster plane for once and have a go at turning instead. Like the VVS does in virtually every matchup.

3 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

Heaven forbid the Germans not fly the significantly faster plane for once and have a go at turning instead. Like the VVS does in virtually every matchup.

I fly both sides. Last 2 campaigns was on the red side. Your comments are wrong. 

Edited by Norz

1 minute ago, Norz said:

I fly both sides. Last 2 campaigns was on the red side. Your comments are wrong. 

I just think you're missing the point of giving the currently disadvantaged side a leg up. It's supposed to give them an edge.

Had a lot of fun tonight not waiting to be a Lufty and instead taking some I16s and flying to survive. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AirshowDisaster said:

But that's just the thing! MiG-3 vs E-7 probably still favors the 109 in virtually all categories. The LaGG-3 flies like a brick in the best circumstances. The Yak-1 is outclimbed by almost all Bf109-Fs that LW is already getting access to in Map 2. It wouldn't be the LW flying inferior planes - they would probably still be statistically better according to most data!

'
this is so hard to read. its beyond any categories of wrong. The MIG3, climbs faster, is like 50 kph faster, accelerates faster, climbs faster, has about equal armament (two 20mm in the nose). and the performance is not even in the same ball park. 
the Mig having the much³ better high alt performace. Yes the e7 turns better, so if turning is "all" yes, the 109 is in "all" categories better.

• Upvote 1

Actually the MiG vs 109 F2 is super nice with MiG being the better plane for me:) The real pain will be the F4.

Edited by =L/R=Maurox