=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

If it's true that the war is over when 900 pilots are lost... this would encourage chute shooting to "win the war" in the pilot lost race.

yeah.. it´s not so elegant. But then again, the whole night-shift thing to win maps is also not really a great game mechanism. While I did see some superior red numbers yesterday, it is still a major unequal weraboo feast most of the time...

some overall playtime statistics per side would be good to illustrate numbers correctly.

Edited by Monostripezebra

Thanks to the Red Pilots for second Kill on Parachut.

Shame for this Guys.

To Win a Game in one, but to win with Parachut Killing is idiotikel primitive.

you first.....i second.....not death......to high freefall 15 sec and exit

Edited by III./JG27Angus

There is no problem. Just register again with the correct username. If you are autologin to the site with the wrong username, Just press the logout button. And you will be able to register again.

Thank you for the reply.

Server down?

Appears to have been on the same mission for over 3 hours according to the website, but does not show up in the multiplayer browser in-game.

Thanks to the Red Pilots for second Kill on Parachut.

Shame for this Guys.

To Win a Game in one, but to win with Parachut Killing is idiotikel primitive.

Don't be rude, that's first. And second, parachute killing is allowed, so stop this complaning.

• Upvote 1

The user interface on the website is atrocious, no option to change your user name or delete your registration ect really needs work, and i know it's early days but not being able to change your username come on that's just ridiculous!

It's a shame as i was looking forward to seeing all the work that has been done and enjoying the server but nope ruined it with the registration!

Can you imagine the amount of work the =LG= guys are doing to run this server. I think we can cut them a little slack on registration bugs and let them focus on running the (in my opinion) best IL2:BoSM server there is.... !!!!!

• Upvote 4

Can you imagine the amount of work the =LG= guys are doing to run this server. I think we can cut them a little slack on registration bugs and let them focus on running the (in my opinion) best IL2:BoSM server there is.... !!!!!

Thank you.

Believe me there's a LOT of work still to do. We're lunching campaigns but please remember that this project is still in development and complaining about something not working don't help at all. 

Some of you guys are doing grate job with reporting bugs/tech.issues. Keep it up !  ;) 

• Upvote 2

What qualifies ground kill when bombing an airfield?

Yesterday I dropped two nice one ton gifts to Mal. Chapurniki, pretty much right at the buildings, shelters on the southern and the northern part of the field, and got no kills.

I'm quite new to the MP part of this game, so I'd appreciate any hints about what to aim, since I don't want to waste another Heinkel for nothing ;)

What qualifies ground kill when bombing an airfield?

Yesterday I dropped two nice one ton gifts to Mal. Chapurniki, pretty much right at the buildings, shelters on the southern and the northern part of the field, and got no kills.

I'm quite new to the MP part of this game, so I'd appreciate any hints about what to aim, since I don't want to waste another Heinkel for nothing ;)

If i remember correct it is 3* ( 3*hangar 4*fueltanks 4*static bombers) and non of the normal singelplayer map targets matter.

look thru this thread and it should be a picture of the targets somewhere,

Edited by happy_meal

Why is everyone dying so often when they lose an aircraft? 

• In my expierience many dogfights occur on low alt. Generally speaking. I don't participate in those but there is little time to bail before the aircraft crashes.
  • Second in my expierence the german side flies very very aggressive. Especially if they have numerical superiorty. WOL style. I saw many low level airfield attacks and I got chased to my own air field to the bitter end.

Even if the pilots gets out he is captured and the pilot is lost.

• Third is of course that a german pilot is more likely captured over enemy territory. However as the germans had like 80% of the map, the germans lost still more pilots. Whats kinda weired.
  • Forth. 2 of my 6 deaths were disconnects. Selected an airfield, spawned in and I had an endless loading. Pilot and plane were "dead" after restarting.
  • Parachute Kills. 2 more deaths were the result of chute killing.

If i remember correct it is 3* ( 3*hangar 4*fueltanks 4*static bombers) and non of the normal singelplayer map targets matter.

look thru this thread and it should be a picture of the targets somewhere,

Thanks for the tip, I found the picture in #115, I'm gonna look for those.

Strange thing is that I didn't see any of that in Mal.Chapurniki. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6763171/vlcsnap-2016-09-11-20h46m34s533.png

Even if it was destroyed before I got there, the ruins of the hangars should've remained, right?

I registered on the site yesterday. is that all I need to play here?

I joined the VVS side since they were outnumbered.

yeah.. it´s not so elegant. But then again, the whole night-shift thing to win maps is also not really a great game mechanism. While I did see some superior red numbers yesterday, it is still a major unequal weraboo feast most of the time...

some overall playtime statistics per side would be good to illustrate numbers correctly.

I actually track and trend those statistics!  They are pulled and recorded on our website: http://www.thewetbandits.org/smf/index.php?topic=285.0  (All Times are US Eastern).

As of right now, here are the trends of the last 3 and 7 days of the TAW server.  While the Germans have greater numbers, you'll see that the average number of pilots logged in never exceeds more than 2-3 pilots in favor of the Germans when the full 24 hour day is considered.

post-24105-0-62694300-1473621633_thumb.png

post-24105-0-87141700-1473621635_thumb.png

Thanks for the tip, I found the picture in #115, I'm gonna look for those.

Strange thing is that I didn't see any of that in Mal.Chapurniki. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6763171/vlcsnap-2016-09-11-20h46m34s533.png

Even if it was destroyed before I got there, the ruins of the hangars should've remained, right?

Is it a rendering distance problem? or was Mal.Chapurniki not under attack just then? they do only spawn in on air field marked "attack" on the ingame map.

Or perhaps is it a new camo trick to make life harder for us poor bomber pilots, as is the staticcloudoverairfield trick wasnt enough :(

Edited by happy_meal

Thanks again for providing this excellent work team TAW . We are the end user of a great work behind . Hours and hours of work . Of course there are points to be corrected but what better way to experience it flying and taking the time to improve it later. So the next will be better . I hope you have freight trains in the next map . They could start when an AF is destroyed to supply it and need only 3 landings. the remaining other 4 could be find and destroy trains, giving more dynamism to the advance of troops and front line.

they do only spawn in on air field marked "attack" on the ingame map.

That must be it. Thanks!

I and my two teammates noticed little performance issues in todays late missions. There was also information from server about overload.

I have created a playlist on youtube for this server so we can see the war from each side :)

Everybody can add their videos to the playlist over this link. I just add my videos to that playlist, u can add yours if you like.

I think that could be very neat.

I'm trying to register, but the site says "That username or e-mail address is already registered." I tried to do password recovery, but it says I haven't registered. I don't remember ever registering for the TAW. I think I did fly in the previous campaing couple of times, when the registration wasn't necessary.

Server is full and overloaded - it procedures bizarre results from logs.

post-18739-0-55574600-1473711964_thumb.png

post-18739-0-18815200-1473712022_thumb.png

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Last mission I just got this results...

post-15530-0-49157800-1473712006_thumb.png

The game was very laggy and as far as I know, I am not the only one with this result (StG2_ottogruibo).

Hi all.

Where do I begin....

First problem today in this magnific Server

at the end of the server and restart, I have taken a MC202 no more, when I have not crashed the plane nor have damaged.

Second, This is disciplinary:

as a pilot keeps his plane parked in the middle of the track, or do not understand where to come, but I understand that we have only one output direction to the track, what taking off the other way around, they are causing a dangerous situation.

OMG!!  :unsure:

Hi :)

Where anti-aircraft guns ?

:huh:

Much better question: where were the intercepting enemy fighters? :biggrin:

Last mission I just got this results...

Server Error.png

I've got the same results yesterday evening.

There is chance to avoid this in future before Kathon return ?

Flying with this "unknown" status is useless ...

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

I've got the same results yesterday evening.

There is chance to avoid this in future before Kathon return ?

Flying with this "unknown" status is useless ...

Ramm.

Is all this unknown mission at the same time? I think there was just one map that didn't worked correctly and all had this unknown mission. Idk but if so, there is nothing you can do with it yet.

So...

Here it is...

Again, apologize for delay. I had busy season this year, finished it in last weekend. 

Enjoy. 
This is aplha version. 

http://www.wyslij-plik.pl/pokaz/901380---dz9p.html

or 

https://megawrzuta.pl/download/ebe674f396c64005756afbfd1221d18a.html

Pobierz teraz or Pobieranie means download now / downloading

Edited by =LG=Blakhart