Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Didnt mean as an offense and I know Kathon is doing his best and this TAW, IMHO, seems to be the best and most competitive I've seen for the first map so far. I was pointing out the issue so maybe next campaign you guys can improve the cap limiter code. Anyways, see you guys in the skies!

I understand Your Piont Riksen. My reaction is just summery of frustration because it is frustrating for me. And how frustrating it is for Kathon? cant imagine. Of course my piont about paying for fly as German was a little joke and overreaction ;) Patreon good idea we should think about it 😄 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

 

The problem is too many options for voice coms and no consistency. With new lobby coming this may get better. (I hope)

If people used the TAW discord server to arrange coms and chat  instead of game chat for this type of thing , this would not be an issue.

 

Discord is chat AND voice, and no its not reading your emails, that's just ignorance of the tech.
I have TS and discord installed, , but use discord 90% of the time.

Regarding the many option for coms. I am a team player, but I live in a country that blocks VOIP. So, I have to use the in-game typed chat. I can tell you that it is a lonely feeling trying to communicate in TAW. Every now and then someone will try to coordinate through chat, which is a blessing. I am getting my butt kicked flying solo most of the time, but I realize that will be my challenge. And it is one I enjoy because of the difficulty. TAW provides a unique experience that I value. I do hope that in game chat is never disabled. And I would encourage everyone using voice coms to recognize that sometimes people can't use VOIP. And that even if you are using Discord or Teamspeak, the occasional quick message will help us. Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Regarding the many option for coms. I am a team player, but I live in a country that blocks VOIP. So, I have to use the in-game typed chat. I can tell you that it is a lonely feeling trying to communicate in TAW. Every now and then someone will try to coordinate through chat, which is a blessing. I am getting my butt kicked flying solo most of the time, but I realize that will be my challenge. And it is one I enjoy because of the difficulty. TAW provides a unique experience that I value. I do hope that in game chat is never disabled. And I would encourage everyone using voice coms to recognize that sometimes people can't use VOIP. And that even if you are using Discord or Teamspeak, the occasional quick message will help us. Thanks to the devs for all the hard work!!

 

I had not considered counties that block VOIP....
Also I  doubt that in game chat will ever be disabled , but it is likely in game coms will improve further.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Yeah, I saw the loophole people are using in order to stay in the server just now. There is 50 LW players in server against 32 VVS. Although these extra 5 LW players cannot take-off, they still take up 5 slots in the server and prevent 5 VVS from connecting no?

 

 


Maybe some kind of Idle-Timer could help with this problem. If a player that is already on the "List" for one side is not in the air and just idling around on the map for lets say 5-10 minutes he will be kicked to clear one of the precious server slots. This could also help to get rid of those people that are just on the server, even without having a spot on the list, blocking players of the opposite side from joining.
@=LG=Kathon what do you think about this feature?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:


Maybe some kind of Idle-Timer could help with this problem. If a player that is already on the "List" for one side is not in the air and just idling around on the map for lets say 5-10 minutes he will be kicked to clear one of the precious server slots. This could also help to get rid of those people that are just on the server, even without having a spot on the list, blocking players of the opposite side from joining.

 

This would probably affect my squad because sometimes they spend 10-15 just working out what route to fly and who wings who etc. 🙂     I am not arguing against your suggestion though,  my leaders need to learn to speed the briefings up (that's me in trouble!) or do part in the map room and the rest while getting the engines started. 

 

Before anyone complains that we are part of the current problem, I should point out that we rarely fly in TAW as a squad because it very rarely has enough room for 6 of us to join on squadnights which are at a peak European time.  In fact we have not managed it yet this year (not a complaint, just down to our flying schedule)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to set a connection limit to 100..110 players? 

 

In this case it is not important how many players are there as inactive

 

Is it possible to create a rule to check if it is allowed to connect by the nickname?

 

I mean, the general rule will allow only 50 connections for the selected side. That means, 100 players will be allowed to connect (50+50) but only 45+39 are allowed to select a plane. 

 

P.S. A lot of players are waiting for a 10 min ban also (ditched etc).

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

This would probably affect my squad because sometimes they spend 10-15 just working out what route to fly and who wings who etc. 🙂     I am not arguing against your suggestion though,  my leaders need to learn to speed the briefings up (that's me in trouble!) or do part in the map room and the rest while getting the engines started. 

 

Before anyone complains that we are part of the current problem, I should point out that we rarely fly in TAW as a squad because it very rarely has enough room for 6 of us to join on squadnights which are at a peak European time.  In fact we have not managed it yet this year (not a complaint, just down to our flying schedule)

 

A couple of suggestions. If you're in a plane with engine running and you taxi a bit at least every 2-3 minutes you won't get kicked. So it might be that you can do a briefing with engines running (as you noted). Secondly, for getting 6 people into TAW I would recommend 'stalking' the server waiting for a map roll. If you join at map roll you should be able to get in. I was flying with 5 people last night around 10pm UK time, and able to get in this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krauz said:

Is it possible to set a connection limit to 100..110 players? 

 

In this case it is not important how many players are there as inactive

 

Is it possible to create a rule to check if it is allowed to connect by the nickname?

 

I mean, the general rule will allow only 50 connections for the selected side. That means, 100 players will be allowed to connect (50+50) but only 45+39 are allowed to select a plane. 

 

P.S. A lot of players are waiting for a 10 min ban also (ditched etc).

1. Unfortunately no. At the moment max is 84.

 

 

3. No. I can check who connects and after connection kick a player. Nickname may be changed. Players may have two accounts (red and blue). Hard to do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be more useful (and historically correct) to connect the max. number of players for each side to the actual map ? I mean at the beginning of the Russian campaign there was clear air superiority by the German Luftwaffe, so for the first maps (until Stalingrad 43) there should be much more players for Axis than for Allies allowed (approx. 2/3 to 1/3); for the maps from 43 on, this imbalance should change (from map to map) to the advantage for the Allies so that for the last maps (7 and 8) there would be a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio in favor of the Allies... it's just an idea but would maybe help to more equalize  the imbalance of the red/blue players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont hope all TAW Pilots make holiday for this Session and fly between 06:00 and 18:00 clock 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the bombed/destroyed tanks situation was fixed. Last night I bombed seemingly untouched 2 or 3 tanks that ended with the thanks exploding&smoking only to get zero points...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geleitzug said:

Wouldn't it be more useful (and historically correct) to connect the max. number of players for each side to the actual map ? I mean at the beginning of the Russian campaign there was clear air superiority by the German Luftwaffe, so for the first maps (until Stalingrad 43) there should be much more players for Axis than for Allies allowed (approx. 2/3 to 1/3); for the maps from 43 on, this imbalance should change (from map to map) to the advantage for the Allies so that for the last maps (7 and 😎 there would be a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio in favor of the Allies... it's just an idea but would maybe help to more equalize  the imbalance of the red/blue players.

Yea right ...

 

Current system is ok. And the campaign is quite well ballanced.

 

Red side has anyway smaller(thanks to the cap at 45 not so much smaller as before) numbers (,at least during ''EU flight hours''. ) . The above proposal would make the disproportion much bigger on early maps And it wouldnt go the other way later because so few people fly Red And blue would still outnumber Red. 

 

So again, current solution devised by LGs is really good.

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday 9:37 pm spain 

Server : 84/ 84 

Web : Blue 42 players

           Red 31 players

 

11 seats without being able to use 

 

regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

Thursday 9:37 pm spain 

Server : 84/ 84 

Web : Blue 42 players

           Red 31 players

 

11 seats without being able to use 

 

regards

 

Those are LW players in spectate mode using the loophole to fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't we just kick spectators? These dudes should get ZERO sympathy, their selfishness ruins the game for everyone.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geleitzug said:

Wouldn't it be more useful (and historically correct) to connect the max. number of players for each side to the actual map ? I mean at the beginning of the Russian campaign there was clear air superiority by the German Luftwaffe, so for the first maps (until Stalingrad 43) there should be much more players for Axis than for Allies allowed (approx. 2/3 to 1/3); for the maps from 43 on, this imbalance should change (from map to map) to the advantage for the Allies so that for the last maps (7 and 😎 there would be a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio in favor of the Allies... it's just an idea but would maybe help to more equalize  the imbalance of the red/blue players.

 

I will politely disagree with you on this one. 

#1 We are here to have fun, when some obvious constraints like limited planes and what not. No other constraints are needed.

#2 We don't want  TAW Admin trying to simulate history. My guess is they would rather not either.

#3 If Admin were to try and simulate numbers, it would be boring. We are talking about an increase of friendly fire obviously.

#4 TAW Admin were to try, how would they get an accurate # of combatants?  Let's turn these guys that want to have fun too into historians. Imagine the verbal arguments ensuing from data accuracy/validity.

#5 ...and I can't stress this one enough, I don't like the idea :)

 

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Can't we just kick spectators? These dudes should get ZERO sympathy, their selfishness ruins the game for everyone.

 

Autokick if not airborne in 15 mins after spawn  (enough time to 15 man squad to get coordinated for a big mission).

 

Auto kick and ban when:

-Someone dies

-Someone bails out

-Some crash lands

 

Ban time:

-Someone dies (120 mins or 60 mins) ~time until map rotation or 1/2 time until map rotation (fighter/bomber)

-Someone bails out

            Enemy territory (25 mins or 15 mins) ~time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

            Friendly territory (13 mins or 8 mins) ~1/2 time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

-Some crash lands 

            Enemy territory (25 mins or 15 mins) ~time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

            Friendly territory (13 mins or 8 mins) ~1/2 time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

 

Just spitballin - but concept would no doubt lower the backlog during high peak times. This might even make me give a shit about my virtual life more - now that I think about it. LOL I don't mind dying as long as I can still fly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the developers are seeing all these shenanigans.

Man it must be crazy to run a campaign with 84 players . 

Thanks for your hard work . 

I really hope it's going to get better for the online community. 

2 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Autokick if not airborne in 15 mins after spawn  (enough time to 15 man squad to get coordinated for a big mission).

 

Auto kick and ban when:

-Someone dies

-Someone bails out

-Some crash lands

 

Ban time:

-Someone dies (120 mins or 60 mins) ~time until map rotation or 1/2 time until map rotation (fighter/bomber)

-Someone bails out

            Enemy territory (25 mins or 15 mins) ~time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

            Friendly territory (13 mins or 8 mins) ~1/2 time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

-Some crash lands 

            Enemy territory (25 mins or 15 mins) ~time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

            Friendly territory (13 mins or 8 mins) ~1/2 time for a single combat mission (fighter/bomber)

 

Just spitballin - but concept would no doubt lower the backlog during high peak times. This might even make me give a shit about my virtual life more - now that I think about it. LOL I don't mind dying as long as I can still fly.

Well to start if you die that's a two hour ban . . 

Have you noticed even if you bail out you die when hitting the ground . 

Really not sure about this .. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

 

I had not considered counties that block VOIP....
Also I  doubt that in game chat will ever be disabled , but it is likely in game coms will improve further.

 

Yeah, no worries. It would be great if in-game coms became more robust. Last night I had my first real successes on TAW, mostly do to teamwork from people using typed chat. 3 AKs in one sortie. Only death was because I was flying the Folgore ... no lie, I got killed by another friendly Folgore! It was all good though. Damn plane really needs to be covered in iron-crosses atop a complete yellow paint job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Can't we just kick spectators? These dudes should get ZERO sympathy, their selfishness ruins the game for everyone.

 

 

Yes please.  There's a map with tools on the website, there's no need for people to hang out in spectator slots for more than a few minutes unless it's an attempt to circumvent the slot restriction system.  This is the last big loophole that very much needs to be closed.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

Yes please.  There's a map with tools on the website, there's no need for people to hang out in spectator slots for more than a few minutes unless it's an attempt to circumvent the slot restriction system.  This is the last big loophole that very much needs to be closed.

 

Are you suggesting that people plan their missions before they enter the server?   That is crazy even for a solo pilot but ludicrous when planning for a whole squadron.   Until you enter the server you don't know what airfields or aircraft you have and don't know what targets need hitting or defending.   If you actually mean 'Spectating' as in where you end up when you die or land your parachute but have not ended the mission then OK, there is no reason to stay there for more than a few minutes. Same for sitting in the map room without choosing a side but organised people do need to spend time in the map room working out what they will be doing.

 

I would support the idea of saying 'If you have been allowed in because there are spare slots but there are not enough spare slots in the side you wanted to fly for then you have 2 minutes to decide whether to fly for the other side or leave before we kick you.'   

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 минут назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

is xjammer cheating again?.......................thats certainly a strange sortie, lets wait for his excuse

 

 

What exactly do you want to know about this sorie?

 

There were a lot of players at this time on this place (with him).

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 часа назад, 7.GShAP/Silas сказал:

 

 

Yes please.  There's a map with tools on the website, there's no need for people to hang out in spectator slots for more than a few minutes unless it's an attempt to circumvent the slot restriction system.  This is the last big loophole that very much needs to be closed.

 

 

It makes no sense. Again, you will bail, after that you should wait 10 minutes for the next sortie. Do you want to kick these players? Is it fair enough?

 

If you want to play on TAW,  just wait when the mission is starting and enter the server. Easy.

3 минуты назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

i know the sortie log tells a story, thats it.......what do you know about it?

 

I know why the log shows this strange thing, Because I WAS THERE. But i am not sure that i should explain it. Just believe, all was fair.

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so what do you know about it? explain the log.........

 

and, do you blame people for thinking xjammer might be exploiting the game?

Edited by SYN_Repent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 минуты назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

so what do you know about it? explain the log.........

 

and, do you blame people for thinking xjammer might be exploiting the game?

 

As I know it is allowed start/land so many times as you want, is it?

 

 Again, if you have some questions, you could ask the admins.

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Krauz said:

 

As I know it is allowed start/land so many times as you want, is it?

 

 Again, if you have some questions, you could ask the admins.

 

I think the question being asked is "How did he manage to crash then take off again within the same sortie?'   If he just aborted the take-off and taxi'd back to try again it would not show as a Crash.  If he did enough damage to have it recorded as a crash then he would not normally be capable of flying again (and would probably just respawn in an undamaged aircraft) 

  
Personally I am not accusing him of cheating as I have seen the logs give some strange results  Just in the last week I have had a horrible but non-fatal crash into the boundary trees recorded as a safe landing and a perfect landing on my active field being recorded as a forced landing. I will admit though that I am very curious as to what did happen to produced that strange log.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 минут назад, 56RAF_Roblex сказал:

 

I think the question being asked is "How did he manage to crash then take off again within the same sortie?'   If he just aborted the take-off and taxi'd back to try again it would not show as a Crash.  If he did enough damage to have it recorded as a crash then he would not normally be capable of flying again (and would probably just respawn in an undamaged aircraft) 

  
Personally I am not accusing him of cheating as I have seen the logs give some strange results  Just in the last week I have had a horrible but non-fatal crash into the boundary trees recorded as a safe landing and a perfect landing on my active field being recorded as a forced landing. I will admit though that I am very curious as to what did happen to produced that strange log.

 

 

He did not manage the crash . You can see only a parser interpretation. Sometimes it is just wrong.  

 

Just imagine, that you landed on the other side of the border. What should the parser write? Landed? But you are on the enemy territory. So, it is "crashed".

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Krauz said:

 

He did not manage the crash . You can see only a parser interpretation. Sometimes it is just wrong.  

 

Just imagine, that you landed on the other side of the border. What should the parser write? Landed? But you are on the enemy territory. So, it is "crashed".

Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and is that allowed kathon? for what reason would he land in enemy territory, other than to use an exploit.....like last time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 минуты назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

and is that allowed kathon? for what reason would he land in enemy territory, other than to use an exploit.....like last time

 

LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 минут назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

krauz.....are you his spokesman? or boyfriend or what?

 

Why do you want to know? Are you going to be his new boyfriend?

1 час назад, SYN_Repent сказал:

so what do you know about it? explain the log.........

 

 

 

Edited by Krauz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SYN_Repent said:

and is that allowed kathon? for what reason would he land in enemy territory, other than to use an exploit.....like last time

 

Maybe he had an important phone call or had to go to toilet during the flight ;) Perhaps he decided to land on the enemy territory instead of auto-level his bomber.

 

It's not allowed to land on the enemy airfield when others can spawn (auto capture and kick)  but I didn't predict that someone would land on the empty airfield (like Lotoshino on map#2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krauz said:

I know why the log shows this strange thing, Because I WAS THERE. But i am not sure that i should explain it. Just believe, all was fair.

No one named "Krauz" is signed up for TAW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, =AVG77=Garven сказал:

No one named "Krauz" is signed up for TAW.

 

You know, it is not so complicated to buy more that only one license for this perfect game. Just to support the developers.💵

Edited by Krauz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krauz said:

 

You know, it is not so complicated to buy more that one license for this perfect game. Just to support the developers.💵

I know, but how am I supposed to know that your not a sock puppet account.  Post links to your sorties.

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this right.....he landed in enemy territory, which by the way doesn't have all the people that would be living and working in the area (especially near Moscow), only opposition is at the target.  Taxi'ed up to the target and shot it up. When we have a fully simulated populace on the ground which wont be for decades then I'll give it to you....because you have to gun down every peasant with a rifle on the taxi to the target.   For now though, your'e doing it just to agitate, please go find another server to play on.

 

Another scenario of xjammer not separating his IRL life with his hobby.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...