Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

 

Good for balance but not really historical. 1.42ata was cleared in late 1941, sooner then the (late model) Mig-3 we have in game was used in combat. If it will be historical, it should be strict. So it should be F2 - I16 and F4 - Mig3 regarding timeline. We don't have to bother about Yak, the Yak1 with P engine was a lot worse then the Mig3 late.

If it will not be historical it should be communicated openly and then balance can be applied as in the last TaW (I don't care about either method)


1.42 F-4 was cleared in early 1942, and for what I could find our late MiG (late cowling, slats, inert gas system) is accurate for our ingame Battle of Moscow campaign that starts in October 1941 https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/fall.html

Then 20mm cannons should be blocked for the early map since that's a feature of the last produced planes (which I think were in early 1942?), the 20mm would be enabled in an early 1942 map with the F-4.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:


1.42 F-4 was cleared in early 1942, and for what I could find our late MiG (late cowling, slats, inert gas system) is accurate for our ingame Battle of Moscow campaign that starts in October 1941 https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/fall.html

Then 20mm cannons should be blocked for the early map since that's a feature of the last produced planes (which I think were in early 1942?), the 20mm would be enabled in an early 1942 map with the F-4.

 

I don't find the performance numbers i posted a while ago about a handful of Mig-3s in autumn 1941 right now (they were vastly inferior to our in-game one), but if we would assume you are right, there would still be only a couple of month between 1.42ata and the Mig-3, next to the fact that the "non-1.42 ata" F4 was still there in numbers in october and a lot closer in performace to our F4 then F2. If we keep going on like your example, the G2 must be available sooner then the Yak-1, G6 sooner then La5-FN etc. 

In the end, when we want to keep it realistic, every scenario should have a fixed date, then you could clearly say which aircraft have been around and which have not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since last month historic planeset is our (team) topic nr one. We will present it with historic facts before next campaign. We also have balance solutions. Stay tuned !

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

 

I don't find the performance numbers i posted a while ago about a handful of Mig-3s in autumn 1941 right now (they were vastly inferior to our in-game one), but if we would assume you are right, there would still be only a couple of month between 1.42ata and the Mig-3, next to the fact that the "non-1.42 ata" F4 was still there in numbers in october and a lot closer in performace to our F4 then F2. If we keep going on like your example, the G2 must be available sooner then the Yak-1, G6 sooner then La5-FN etc. 

In the end, when we want to keep it realistic, every scenario should have a fixed date, then you could clearly say which aircraft have been around and which have not. 

 

4-5 months, which I think that's around how long a single TAW map should cover as time period. For planes that appear in the middle you can squeze them before or after. You can divide a year in 3 or 4 parts and then have the planes that appeared roughly inside those brackets showing up on that map.

These are the current speed values for the MiG since now it has to deal with the radiator pressure effect at medium and high altitudes.

unknown.png


 

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attached you find a compilation of the Soviet aerial forces fighting in the Battle of Moscow deatiled into types for October 1941. 

 

Amongst them are

- I-16

- Pe-2

- MiG-3

- LaGG-3

- Yak-1

- IL-2

of which we have more or lesse fitting subtypes in the sim.

VVS-OOB_Moscow_10_1941.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, JG51_Ogg said:

Agreed HvB,

I started out in 1995 with Kesami Air Warrior on AOL dial-up. A single 4 button Joystick and Roger Wilco for comms.  5 hours a month free with AOL then $1.99 an hour after that.  Bills were often over $200 a month.

 

Thanks for the memory there

>S<

 

Wow! I started online flying with Microprose's European Air War (EAW) on Yahoo Gaming Server (Free), which then got picked up by GameSpy (...which was free then moved to pay and it was dropped like a bad habit). IL-2 in 2001 was awesome and Thanks to Jiri (who brought us HyperLobby) - Campaigns began!

 

I don't believe in pay to play (Although, I will donate until the cows come home gladly), which is why for the longest I stayed away from this version until I knew there was a multiplayer component built in. 

 

it is not that I could not afford the prices you guys have have mentioned, I just think there is something incredibly immoral for such a business model.Besides, I am not trying to make anyone rich - I don't support extortion.

 

Making a living in IT world on the finance side of things, I know how expensive it is to keep a server up and running (itme, money and effort). This is why i hope we all can pitch in so the admin guys (...who all have real jobs and do this out of the kindness of their hearts) can keep the show on the road. If everyone donates $10 that signed up, they can rent more space, making it less laggy.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, SDV_Fin*19_ said:

 

All those 110 rear gunner went to sleep, right ? :D

Why they sleep ? Ahh ... they sold all pervitin to Pe-2 rear gunners  for sure :-)

 

Ramm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 11:03 AM, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Wow! I started online flying with Microprose's European Air War (EAW) on Yahoo Gaming Server (Free), which then got picked up by GameSpy (...which was free then moved to pay and it was dropped like a bad habit). IL-2 in 2001 was awesome and Thanks to Jiri (who brought us HyperLobby) - Campaigns began!

 

I don't believe in pay to play (Although, I will donate until the cows come home gladly), which is why for the longest I stayed away from this version until I knew there was a multiplayer component built in. 

 

it is not that I could not afford the prices you guys have have mentioned, I just think there is something incredibly immoral for such a business model.Besides, I am not trying to make anyone rich - I don't support extortion.

 

Making a living in IT world on the finance side of things, I know how expensive it is to keep a server up and running (itme, money and effort). This is why i hope we all can pitch in so the admin guys (...who all have real jobs and do this out of the kindness of their hearts) can keep the show on the road. If everyone donates $10 that signed up, they can rent more space, making it less laggy.

It wasn't that we had a choice in the matter.  Unless you were playing a strategy game (WarCraft, StarCraft, MechWarrior, Etc:) on KALI almost every decent game was run through a paid by the hour service back then.  There were the "cheesy" flight sims and then there was the full realistic, or as best as there could be by the standards of the day, that played on pay services.  WarBirds ran the first game based server followed soon by Aces High, but you also had to purchase the game and a monthly sub fee. 

 

Later came the Grandiose world of WWIIOL (now BattleGroundEurope) that was more than sandbox play. The cost was just 13.99/mo and almost every flight sim enthusiast went there and crashed the servers and netcoding for the first two months.

 

Now even though you say IL2 is free to play you really don't understand the concepts of how it works.  SOMEONE  is paying for you  to play the game.  The game is routed through IL2 (1Csoft) to verify the version and Goodies you have purchased and can use.  Other than that little tidbit someone else is paying for a server to run the game on.  Knights of the Air, Wings of Liberty, TAW, Menacing Ferrets and all those servers you see in the list, someone is paying for.   

 

There are reasons why they ask for donations  on those other servers.  It's because they would like help in offsetting the cost of the server.  They build the scenarios, they host the scenarios, and we enjoy the scenarios.  To not help them out with a small donation monthly is just plain rude in my opinion.  I give a small donation now to two different servers as well as host two servers for other Sims to operate on.  And believe me when I tell you that it does cost a good deal of money to do so but it is nothing compared to what we "Old Timers" used to shell out back in the day.

>S<

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

so seriusly... any idea when TAW start?

+1 year

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

+1 year

I'ts been. 84 Years...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even been a month since the end of the last campaign! :biggrin: 
@=LG=Leutnant_Artur, @=LG=Blakhart and @=LG=Kathon already announced that it's going to take longer than usual.  They had some bigger changes and fixes planned for the next campaign. Guess we all need a little more patience this time. And im pretty sure they will let us know,  if there is any news about the next edition of taw.

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW???

 

What is TAW?

 

Never heard about...

 

Tactical somewhat ...

 

A friend who played Flight Sims very very long time ago told me it was the best server, until one day they disssapeared :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I have to say that anything else is on the current IL-2 online scene is just pale and boring compared to TAW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mincer said:

Yeah, I have to say that anything else is on the current IL-2 online scene is just pale and boring compared to TAW.

 

As much as I really love TAW and yes, it's one of the best server on the IL-2 online scene, I think it's unfair to state that

all other servers are pale and boring. And it's not true, if you ask me. There are some other very good servers here with

a different approach as f.ex. Finnish War, Coconut's, KOTA just to name a few.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you going to manage the visibility of destroyed tanks? 

 

I'm not 100% sure but it seems that destroyed tanks are not always burning. By the way sometimes they are burning but are not destroyed (and you can't wait a looonnnng time). 

 

Is it possible to make them disappear? Because otherwhise, it's going to be very complicated... Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nothing official, but Kathon mentioned to me, that it may be possible to "manually" trigger an explosion when the tank is destroyed. Of course this needs testing and I'm pretty sure Kathon will inform you guys cause he is the god of TAW:) We know that the current situation is suboptimal but be sure that the guys are working hard to provide you the best experience possible!

Edited by =L/R=Maurox
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, =L/R=Maurox said:

It's nothing official, but Kathon mentioned to me, that it may be possible to "manually" trigger an explosion when the tank is destroyed. Of course this needs testing and I'm pretty sure Kathon will inform you guys cause he is the god of TAW:) We know that the current situation is suboptimal but be sure that the guys are working hard to provide you the best experience possible!

Yeah. It could probably work, if you have the ”OnKilled” event trigger a ”Damage: Complete” command for the tank. Need to test this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 11:13 PM, =L/R=Maurox said:

It's nothing official, but Kathon mentioned to me, that it may be possible to "manually" trigger an explosion when the tank is destroyed. Of course this needs testing and I'm pretty sure Kathon will inform you guys cause he is the god of TAW:) We know that the current situation is suboptimal but be sure that the guys are working hard to provide you the best experience possible!

 

God dammit...

 

Now everyone will think that we care about TAW and people comments and suggestions...

 

 😕

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 1:13 AM, =L/R=Maurox said:

It's nothing official, but Kathon mentioned to me, that it may be possible to "manually" trigger an explosion when the tank is destroyed.

 

21 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

have the ”OnKilled” event trigger a ”Damage: Complete” command for the tank

Yup, seems to work ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment it is not possible to register on http://taw.stg2.de (500 Internal server error). Is this function intentionally switched off => currently no newbies accepted or is this a true server error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pikas_62 said:

At the moment it is not possible to register on http://taw.stg2.de (500 Internal server error). Is this function intentionally switched off => currently no newbies accepted or is this a true server error?

The campaign is not running now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That means that login / registration is only possible during a running campaign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pikas_62 said:

That means that login / registration is only possible during a running campaign?

 

Yes. Actually registration is open about one week before. 

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next TAW campaign will start probably this weekend (16-17.02). More info about changes in a few days (not everything is ready yet).

 

Registration is open. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell. Is it june already? I really need to get the cocktails and the pool ready. 

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

And that training down. The beach is waiting!


...  yes, let's go to the beach. :biggrin:

4kGjBl5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to switch sides folks, let's all be fair and let other people have a shot flying the other side. JG62, JG4, 335th cmon u can do it ... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehmm let me think .......  NO!




NO !
Edited by JG4_Widukind
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

ehmm let me think .......  NO!


NO !

 

I have a better idea guys. Let's all fly blue this campaign. All squadrons together! We will be great ... cooperating ... organizing and we will defeat ... defeat the ... hummm ... the static tanks?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...