=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Stats will only update after one mission ends and the map is reloaded. (ever 1:45 hours)

I mean in what condition would ditched plane be resupplied after 1 or 2 missions?

I mean in what condition would ditched plane be resupplied after 1 or 2 missions?

Its always 3 missions. So it looks like that '0/0/1'.

Anyone have seen my 2 last posts complaining about 2 no kill count?

Probably jest. As I wrote earlier will try to fix bugs for next campaign.

Its always 3 missions. So it looks like that '0/0/1'.

So, is there any reason to ditch instead of bail out(friendly territory) since both ways would still get a new plane spawn after 3 missions, tho ditching would be risky and take more time?

Edit: Understood, I overlooked the word 'missions' and 'sorties'

Edited by Lymark

Yes its better to ditch plane 'cos it will be repaired after 3 missions insted of bail out and lost a plane. Ditched plane is back after 3 full missions and new plane is after 3 sorties and you may erned not exactly the same machine.

Edited by =L/R=Leutnant_Artur
  • Upvote 1

Great server....it's my favorite and really making me like BoS much more!!!

I have a request:  Could we make the mission briefing available in-game less ambiguous?  For example, the server can have a message like this: "Supply convey advancing towards [city] was destroyed."  (1) It would be really nice if the message would indicate the exact side the message applies to (e.g., "Soviet supply convey....").  (2) It would also be very nice if grid numbers would be included for all of the events and locations.  I find it difficult to locate the different cities/locations on the map.

Next, I am sort of lamenting the state of documentation concerning how the server works.  The rules and server information  seem to be awfully dispersed in this forum thread and very incomplete on the website, and I just cannot figure out how everything works.  For example, just a few of the questions I have are:  The mission briefing shows the condition and defense of different cities but is anyone actually bombing cities?  If so, what is the effect of bombing cities?    What exactly is the "defense" value in cities?  (I assume that each city does not actually have AA or ground defenses in-game.)  Do airfields change automatically depending on disposition of ground forces?  (That is, how is the front lines of the map changing exactly?)  What is the effect of destroying a tank column or supply column or a strong point?  Is a ditched plane considered a destroyed plane for the campaign statistics? etc.

I would be more than happy to volunteer my time to make the "Info" and "Rules" on the website more complete--just let me know.

• Upvote 4

Yes its better to ditch plane 'cos it will be repaired after 3 missions insted of bail out and lost a plane. Ditched plane is back after 3 full missions and new plane is after 3 sorties and you may erned not exactly the same machine.

Also, you're earning your ditched plane back at the same time as you're earning a new plane. So it's more efficient in that sense as well. (Right?)

• Upvote 1

It's weird that even there're over 50 players right now, there ain't many air to air fights going on,  and kill score in total are often less than 10 per side. I guess most people are playing really defensively and don't wanna mess up their death count?

Also, you're earning your ditched plane back at the same time as you're earning a new plane. So it's more efficient in that sense as well. (Right?)

Depends. Ditched plane is back after 3 full missions. New plane is after 3 sorties and how many sorties can you handle in one mission ? Minimum 15 min sortie without GK or AK. You can figure it out by yourself but new plane is random. No one can say if you will get lets say F4 if you just lost it, it can be eg. E7. I hope you'll understand it now.

It's weird that even there're over 50 players right now, there ain't many air to air fights going on,  and kill score in total are often less than 10 per side. I guess most people are playing really defensively and don't wanna mess up their death count?

Whats wrong with that ? This is not an DF server, here people actually value the pilot life.

Depends. Ditched plane is back after 3 full missions. New plane is after 3 sorties and how many sorties can you handle in one mission ? Minimum 15 min sortie without GK or AK. You can figure it out by yourself but new plane is random. No one can say if you will get lets say F4 if you just lost it, it can be eg. E7. I hope you'll understand it now.

On the last campaign I didnt get any random plane. I would get always the one on top of the list which had the lower number of available planes. I didnt get enough time to play in the current campaign, did they changed how the planes are ressuplied ? 

Edited by JAGER_Staiger

Whats wrong with that ? This is not an DF server, here people actually value the pilot life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually really glad about that. However, I wish more people would go on TS for coordination etc. Flying +typing is kinda hard, and people on TS are usually Non-English speakers.

Edited by Lymark

The manual is almost done.

I just really dont have time to finish it...

Like in Rihanna song:work, work, work, work, work, work.

I hope to have some time on sunday.

Cheers!

Must say I'm loving this server ......But! will I make captain or be sent home in a box on my next mission time will tell ....  :o:

just joined a turret position and got server message to leave or be kicked, i left immediately and recieved a death for it ? is it intended ? maybe to save bombers from bad or trollgunners that shooting the rudder,elev. or else, if so i can understand it , but a death  :cray:

So if you die do you lose your rank and medals? 

You will lose the medals, but you get to keep the rank, tho experience points will be reset to 0.

Il2 is unlimited plane.

So ... some players using it to fly and disco. They do not lose plane ... cuz it's unlimited. Great idea :o:

And pls check how parser score kills. It's really frustating when You see on stats that some aircraft was destroyed, but in your acount ... nothing.

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

Datum

Event

Schadenpunkte

Objekt

Art

Feind

2016.08.09 17.16.18

FLUGZEUG gelaicht

2016.08.09 17.19.37

ABGEHOBEN

2016.08.09 17.50.34

BESCHÄDIGT

T-34-76 STZ

Panzer

2016.08.09 17.50.34

BESCHÄDIGT

T-34-76 STZ

Panzer

2016.08.09 17.53.40

WAR BESCHÄDIGT

Turret_Ju87D3

Türmchen

Number1ADAMAX11

2016.08.09 17.53.40

WAR BESCHÄDIGT

Turret_Ju87D3

Türmchen

Number1ADAMAX11

2016.08.09 17.53.40

WAS Abschuss

Turret_Ju87D3

Türmchen

Number1ADAMAX11

2016.08.09 17.54.45

HERAUSGESCHLEUDERTE

2016.08.09 17.55.13

CRASHED

Il2 is unlimited plane.

So ... some players using it to fly and disco. They do not lose plane ... cuz it's unlimited. Great idea :o:

And pls check how parser score kills. It's really frustating when You see on stats that some aircraft was destroyed, but in your acount ... nothing.

Ramm.

FFS, do you understand that Kathon didn't had enought time to implement new planeset, so we have what we have, we know that there is problem with unlimited IL-2 ...

Umiem czytać ze zrozumieniem, jak również szanuję to co zrobił do tej pory Kathon, więc daruj sobie uszczypliwości.

Zwracam uwagę na problem - co Wy z tym zrobicie to już Wasza sprawa. Nigdzie nie było informacji że ten problem jest Wam znany.

Ramm.

Should aircraft ditched on base not consider as aircraft lost? Or count as 0.5 lost? Say I braked too hard and hit my prop, it should be as easy as replacing the prop,right? The aircraft isn't lost completely.  

Just my thought :)

Should aircraft ditched on base not consider as aircraft lost? Or count as 0.5 lost? Say I braked too hard and hit my prop, it should be as easy as replacing the prop,right? The aircraft isn't lost completely.  

If you do that its considered a Ditched plane. It should be back after 3 map rotations iirc. 

If you do that its considered a Ditched plane. It should be back after 3 map rotations iirc. 

Yeah, but it's still considered as 'Aircrafts lost' in the stats tho.

Silly Q but how do i delete my acc? I typed one character wrong in my user name and now my acc is useless still cant get on the server, This registration thing is BS imo ruined the server back to WOL for me, i just want to know how to delete my registration?

The user interface on the website is atrocious, no option to change your user name or delete your registration ect really needs work, and i know it's early days but not being able to change your username come on that's just ridiculous!

It's a shame as i was looking forward to seeing all the work that has been done and enjoying the server but nope ruined it with the registration!

Why we ruined it ? You did typed wrong character not us :huh:

Theres a lot of work to do for next campaign, and a lot more important work but if we'll have time to do it than we will.

Hi there, i am really enjoying this server and i have a question;

On the website, in my available BOS planes, it says: Lagg-3=  -1/4 (negative)

I guess i can not fly anymore with the Lagg right? I have tried using a La-5 but it wasn´t available(locked). What should i do? Wait? 

Another thing. I had bad fps today on the server. What could solve this. A better CPU, a GPU or better connection?

I would much apreciate if somebody could answer that.

Thanks.

My rig is:

GTX 780 3gb/ i7-3770k 3.8ghz / 16gb ram / SSd /W10 

Umiem czytać ze zrozumieniem, jak również szanuję to co zrobił do tej pory Kathon, więc daruj sobie uszczypliwości.

Zwracam uwagę na problem - co Wy z tym zrobicie to już Wasza sprawa. Nigdzie nie było informacji że ten problem jest Wam znany.

Ramm.

Na pewno?

1. Planeset will change, we noticed some exploits often used by players.

This is a small part of the new one. Treat it as a proposition. Its not accepted yet.

Basic planes supplied after each mission so you will all have a ride to drive in every mission.

No gunpods for G-2s in basic set. No heavy bombs as well.

No more unlimited Il-2s with 23/37mm all the time. No more 1hit-kill for LaGG drivers in basic section.

The bigger picture of the planeset will be available as soon as we accept a new one. 

90% of the unlocks will be available in EXTRA planeset. 

Silly Q but how do i delete my acc? I typed one character wrong in my user name and now my acc is useless still cant get on the server, This registration thing is BS imo ruined the server back to WOL for me, i just want to know how to delete my registration?

There is no problem. Just register again with the correct username. If you are autologin to the site with the wrong username, Just press the logout button. And you will be able to register again.

I have heard people say that when the teams have lost 1200 aircraft or 900 pilots that the war/campaign will be over.

Is this correct?  If this is true, I am very sad to say that none of us will be be playing TAW tomorrow night.   :(

Current Axis Lost:

Aircrafts     1075

Pilots          889

Mortality Rate of lost aircraft to pilots lost: 82.69% (essentially, if a German plane goes lost, roughly 1 out of 5 pilots will survive the event)

Current Allies Lost:

Aircrafts     1001

Pilots          723

Mortality Rate of lost aircraft to pilots lost: 72.22% (essentially, if a Russian plane goes lost, roughly 1 out of 4 pilots will survive the event)

Why is everyone dying so often when they lose an aircraft? 

I also believe I read somewhere:

- If a German pilot goes down in enemy territory via ditch or bail, then there is a 50% chance of being captured, resulting in a lost pilot.

- If a Russian pilot goes down in enemy territory via ditch or bail, then there is a 20% change of being captured, resulting in a lost pilot.

This might help identify the 150+ difference in pilot losses between the two coalitions

If it's true that the war is over when 900 pilots are lost... this would encourage chute shooting to "win the war" in the pilot lost race.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to the Red Pilots for second Kill on Parachut.

Shame for this Guys.

To Win a Game in one, but to win with Parachut Killing is idiotikel primitive.

To win a war team needs to win two maps in straight and we still have first map. Limits are for one map and not for a war.

You have made my morning!  Salute!!!