=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

7 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Why P47 is included in mission 8 and K4 isn't?

Because they’re not comparable aircraft?

3 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party here, but when is the server expected to be up?

+1 Week

6 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party here, but when is the server expected to be up?

Its already running since around 4 hours

Oh, ok.  Discord is empty so I just assumed...

I don't understand the lack of teamwork in this sim compared to others.  DCS servers have full discords with people working together.  Here?  Never.

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Hello, is there any problem with supply ? no +1 CM

Problem 1
Plane: Pe-35, 100% fuel, no modifications (transport)
Take off: Dyatlova, not attacked,

Landed: Lotoshino, damage: 51%, in stats it's ditched

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=502&name==19FAB=AlterEgo

Problem 2

Plane: Pe-35, 100% fuel, no modifications (transport)

Take off: Nesterovo, not attacked,

Landed: Kalinin, damage: 7%

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=452&name==19FAB=Fin

Thanks in advance to take a look at this.

Regards,

AlterEgo

Edited by =19FAB=AlterEgo

56 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Oh, ok.  Discord is empty so I just assumed...

I don't understand the lack of teamwork in this sim compared to others.  DCS servers have full discords with people working together.  Here?  Never.

Maybe because TAW has a Teamspeak server, so nobody is on Discord? :rolleyes:

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

Just wanna notify for all those in VR the zoom mod is now working properly download the 10.1 version and you should be good.

• Thanks 2

I got my plane shot to hell, but landed safely.  I did no damage and only received damage.  I still got +1CM.  Is this correct?  I didn't see anything in the rules.   

1 hour ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Problem 1

Problem 2

Regards,

AlterEgo

Same issue took off and landed lotishino with a result of ditched, same with my wingman Voodoo109.

13 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I got my plane shot to hell, but landed safely.  I did no damage and only received damage.  I still got +1CM.  Is this correct?  I didn't see anything in the rules.   

"

The combat mission (CM) is:

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie with AK/GK

· DITCHED on the friendly airfield sortie with AK/GK

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK lasts at least 15 min for bombers and attackers

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK last at least 25 min for fighters

· transport sortie

· Bombers may get additional one combat mission for each 20 min of flight time after the first 15 min (this sortie must have AK/GK)."

1 hour ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Problem 1

Problem 2

Regards,

AlterEgo

See above, there is a minimum flight duration to obtain a +1CM, your both missions weren't long enough (9min the first one and 12min the second one).

Everything is clearly written in the manual.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

9 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

See above, there is a minimum flight duration to obtain a +1CM, your both missions weren't long enough (9min the first one and 12min the second one).

Everything is clearly written in the manual.

Read please manual before posting an answer. From the manual:

"You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission."

Transport mission has nothing to do with time flown. 

Edited by =19FAB=AlterEgo

2 minutes ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

Read please manual before posting an answer.

Well actually I know this, just missed the info in your post that it was supply missions, my bad.

3 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Well actually I know this, just missed the info in your post that it was supply missions, my bad.

Ok, my bad too, edited my message, so its clear now that those were transport missions. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

You did answer my question though.  Thanks.  For some odd reason, I thought the minimum time for a bomber flight CM was 20 minutes, not 15.  The flight I asked about was 19 minutes long.

• Upvote 1

Well .. server is taking a dump and disconnected me in the middle of the flight and everything was in slow motion ... Gave me a disco when it was not my fault at all. This new update [edited] the MP stability so bad that will make it very hard to fly missions with too many players and objects. Can u guys remove that DISCO that was not a disco at all since I had already ejected and was hanging in my chute?

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Maybe because TAW has a Teamspeak server, so nobody is on Discord? :rolleyes:

Same with TS.  Everyone using it is Russian speaking or German speaking. Plus no permission to move channels.

24 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Same with TS.  Everyone using it is Russian speaking or German speaking. Plus no permission to move channels.

u are free to join it, i can translate.

37 minutes ago, Praetor said:

What time zone and side are you flying?

21 minutes ago, Banzaii said:

What time zone and side are you flying?

German side, I'm EST.  

Any VVS Groups also running English Comms(The TAWS TS Server or their own Discord.), I dont mind speaking over text in English but coordination is so out the door on the VVS side.

Just now, Banzaii said:

Is the limiter functioning?

We need to see how inactive frontline AF works, in general Blue fighters would gain height advantage ;)

the limiter won't change anything. I think nothing will besides a hard cap. On the later maps it will probably be a different story though when the P-47 and Spit Mk. IX are available.

wasn't SCG saying they are going red this time? 

wehraboos.PNG

Edited by Operation_Ivy
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Hello, I’ve compleated a few 30 minute sorties today however only one if them is counted. Is there a delay in the reporting process? 

• Upvote 1

Perhaps blue will get bored. Treat it like the opening of Barbarossa, getting shwaked.  Makes it much more fun and frantic.  Blue will peter out and then we waffle stomp them. I would not be opposed to hard caps, and forcing your account to a side if possible.  Either way I will enjoy it.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Banzaii said:

Perhaps blue will get bored. Treat it like the opening of Barbarossa, getting shwaked.  Makes it much more fun and frantic.  Blue will peter out and then we waffle stomp them. I would not be opposed to hard caps, and forcing your account to a side if possible.  Either way I will enjoy it.

At least a side cap. I think if we have a 42 (LW) x 42 (VVS) limit along with the limiter system already implemented we could all have a much better and balanced expierence for all. I had a situation today where there were like 55 x 29 and the other guys that wanted to fly red could no get in the server. We need to acknowledge that there are way too many LW only squadrons out there and this will not change. It is not fair to the side with less players or those that want a better experience to have to accomodate for them.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

At least a side cap. I think if we have a 42 (LW) x 42 (VVS) limit along with the limiter system already implemented we could all have a much better and balanced expierence for all. I had a situation today where there were like 55 x 29 and the other guys that wanted to fly red could no get in the server. We need to acknowledge that there are way too many LW only squadrons out there and this will not change. It is not fair to the side with less players or those that want a better experience to have to accomodate for them.

Indeed. Today we had a group of like 6-8 people in TS, and we could not assemble a strike force because a half was spawned on the airfield, and the other one was trying to get to the server. I wish there was a queue that could favor people on the disadvantaged side.

Team work trumps everything. If reds can manage to assemble a pack of bomber/attackers along with a pack of fighters, they can destroy targets effectively. Even if the red fighters will suffer losses due to inferior planes, they still can keep blue ones busy while bombers are strafing stuff.  Things are not gloomy for reds at all, just think in terms of targets, not getting kills.

Edited by mincer
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

the limiter won't change anything. I think nothing will besides a hard cap. On the later maps it will probably be a different story though when the P-47 and Spit Mk. IX are available.

wasn't SCG saying they are going red this time? 

wehraboos.PNG

Yes, we are but our DiD events (usually once a week) will still be held in the LW side. We, in our unit, have an internal campaign system where u try to keep ur virtual persona alive. If you look in the squadrons tab, you will also see our VVS unit registered. The latter will be our main unit (5-6 times a week) unit for the campaign so you can rest assured that we will fly way more VVS missions this campaign. This was a compromise between pur members so we all cpuld be happy and be able to fly red as well.

It is not perfect but, at least, we are doing our part.

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Praetor said:

Why would you move around channels?

As a Guest on the TeamSpeak server you should have user permissions to create temporary channels, btw (it was added maybe half a year ago), so that ought to make organizing into groups under a certain language parent channel easier.

Im a little concerned with the smount of dudes just sitting and hanging out in spectators. It could completly innocent, or not, either way a consistent 20 just sitting there clobbers the server.  Maybe 5 min limit on idle then you kicked.

• Upvote 3