Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

About running 2 campagins in a row. I proposed that solution before TAW 14 but in case of balance we had to obligate people to play one campaign on red side and next on blue side then we could see if any side has its favors or its a players Base on side specific.I'd like to see how it works but then what about one side players...will they fly on side that never fly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

About running 2 campagins in a row. I proposed that solution before TAW 14 but in case of balance we had to obligate people to play one campaign on red side and next on blue side then we could see if any side has its favors or its a players Base on side specific.I'd like to see how it works but then what about one side players...will they fly on side that never fly?

 

I do not see how this could make a difference. If you change the core of players aka the tactics and the teamwork you actually compete the capability of players to fly on different teams and not the way of changing the flow of war.

 

What I mean is that most likely even if they lose or win the conclusions are false positive or negative.

 

Probably better should be if you force the player to fly on the same side and the other side which lost the previous war adopt new tactics.

 

thx

@Daedalos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this campaign, TAW is always for me something special, a particular pleasure to participate.

 

I asked a question a few days ago, but no one answered.

If it was possible to remove the technochat, would TAW adopt this parameter?

 

I miss something about TAWs, they are the ships. Usable on big rivers, and especially on Kuban.

It is a bit of a shame not to use the mountainous part for supply by the coast.

 

Flying in the mountains, and the games of "cache cache" that it can offer, could change some huge flat plains.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

I'm with Ivy on this one. Part of the appeal of TAW is that it's not constantly available. Then again it would be nice to have it available a bit more than it is...

 

I agree, if TAW ran all the time it would just become Wings of Liberty with no GPS icon. It’s cool because there’s an off season - although sometimes the off season can be a little long.

 

6 hours ago, =LG=Piciu said:


Here we have Diplomas for best of you, and Cups for campaign survivors. Only blue side this time, none of the reds survived the struggle with "0" death.

 

PS- I’m not too fussed about it, but It was just pointed out to me that I was the highest ranked surviving pilot of either side from the last campaign (no deaths, captured, discos) at #39. I was flying red too. Why no ENKAS award?

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the Second proposed run then would be shorter to keep an Off season existent and keep the irregularity spirit of TAW alive making it feel important and special.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darbzy said:

PS- I’m not too fussed about it, but It was just pointed out to me that I was the highest ranked surviving pilot of either side from the last campaign (no deaths, captured, discos) at #39. I was flying red too. Why no ENKAS award?

 

Dear Darbzy,

Enkas Cup or Kuznechik Statue are awarded for pilots with "0" death, "0" captured, and beeing in "top 5" (fighter, bomber or tank killer). Sorry, but you were not in top 5, mate 🙂

Edited by =LG=Piciu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance we will be seeing any Bodenplatte planes in the next campaign?  Would love to fly the jug in the next one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =LG=Piciu said:

Dear Darbzy,

Enkas Cup or Kuznechik Statue are awarded for pilots with "0" death, "0" captured, and beeing in "top 5" (fighter, bomber or tank killer). Sorry, but you were not in top 5, mate 🙂

 

nGyQzu.gif

 

 

 

Edited by Darbzy
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IngegnerTommy said:

Guys, TAW has brought my flight sim to a level of immersion never felt before, and I’m really grateful for what was created and looking forward to the next campaign.

 

I do have however one big doubt that leads me to ask to the creators of this majestic campaigns: Why don’t you run each campaign 2 times?

 

Seen from my perspective, this should bring lots of benefits to player and creators:

- players can enjoy the same campaign, if they want, from both perspective (red and blue)

- players would keep playing TAW while the dev team is working on the new campaign, keeping the enthusiasm of the “fan base” we’ll alive

- dev team would have less stress to work on the new campaign, knowing players have something keeping them up for several weeks (it’s not a job, but I’m assuming the sense of having hundreds of people waiting for your news is somewhat present)

- the coding efforts used to create  a campaign would be exploited and enjoyed for a longer period, which is worth for the amount of work behind it.

 

 

 

Fantastic Idea!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea to me. If so -just an idea-, why not make the campaign bit shorter (like 6 maps instead of 8). That + a campaign available almost all the time, would certainly encourage more players/squads to switch sides :);)

 

Because if a usual blue guy flying 109 (like me) doesn't enjoy the red side as much as he expected, he know he won't have to wait long before coming back to blue side. But that wouldn't happen on the other way (red guy flying blue) because german planes are way too awesome :dance:

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a few years since i last played IL2. Is TAW balanced, or it has the same problem of numbers not being even like other servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MarvelousTrip said:

It has been a few years since i last played IL2. Is TAW balanced, or it has the same problem of numbers not being even like other servers?

It depends of time but it is comparable in the evenings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Garven_Dreis said:

Any chance we will be seeing any Bodenplatte planes in the next campaign?  Would love to fly the jug in the next one.

Could be fantastic ....maybe simulating Hungary 1944 on one of the map available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

hello LG guys for me there are never wars back and forth is won or lost and the time of inactive war is to prepare for the next and improve skills and attitudes so this campaign is making the squads grow more and more another question would be possible to increase a pilot parameter rescue in enemy zone to a companion as for example a companion in enemy zone is forced to land for engine failure etc looks for an inactive aerodrome or a road the companion lands for the engine and rescues to the companion parameter could be seer this meter range rescue pilot 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =gRiJ=ToReRo said:

 

hello LG guys for me there are never wars back and forth is won or lost and the time of inactive war is to prepare for the next and improve skills and attitudes so this campaign is making the squads grow more and more another question would be possible to increase a pilot parameter rescue in enemy zone to a companion as for example a companion in enemy zone is forced to land for engine failure etc looks for an inactive aerodrome or a road the companion lands for the engine and rescues to the companion parameter could be seer this meter range rescue pilot 

 

Have you ever heard of comma and period? lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the Luftwaffe for the victory

 

 

We would like to thank all of you who donated the last Tactical Air War

 

 

donate_taw15.PNG

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Faucon your one damn good pilot, it was hard trying to compete against you in Experience and in victory streak!

 

 

Thank you ! You made your part also I guess :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 8:19 AM, SCG_Riksen said:

Ours is available for download for anyone to use and it has been since its release :)

take a deep breath before reading my post

:drink2:

Edited by =gRiJ=ToReRo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the skins situation. What about, if there is a download function to the official website. There can be uploaded all skins that are used in the war and thus everybody could download them and use.

 

Also by that it kan be controlled the quality and regularity of skins.

 

thx

@Daedalos

Edited by 335th_GRDaedalos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

About the skins situation. What about, if there is a download function to the official website. There can be uploaded all skins that are used in the war and thus everybody could download them and use.

 

Unfortunately, you solution wont fix the problem/situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hace 18 horas, = LG = Leutnant_Artur dijo:

La única solución es cuando los desarrolladores de juegos comparten las pieles a través del juego como lo fue en IL2-1946.

 

 

 

overload in the server

Edited by =gRiJ=ToReRo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =gRiJ=ToReRo said:

 

 

 

overload in the server

It depends how will they do it, if they will of course.

But it's just my thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to ask a question.

 

What is the meaning of having a skin that nobody else can see?

 

As stupid as it sounds, I think there is no point on using a skin that you or your team mates can see only other than obvious one. To tell you the truth, I personally really don't give a dam , as I don't care for all other small ''changes'' like the FOV, the position of pilot inside the plane, the insane 6 DoF, trims in each and every finger etc etc, that a lot of so call aces are using to make a easy kill. I fly to enjoy the game with my friends and to have good time and please be free to kill me as many times you wish.

 

My point is not to start a debate about those things because is meaningless. Everybody has the right to a personal, individual, approach to how to play the game, that in the end will characterised him. What I want to say is that maybe if some things bother a certain percent of the stable core of the flyers, probably a better approach should be to take in consideration and handle it by a poll lets say so or vote. Maybe I am wrong or right or somewhere between but we have an active and very serious community that each an every opinion should be taken in consideration properly.

 

thx

@Daedalos     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sup guys


May i know when the server will be open again? this is my first "big game" (Stalingrad-Kuban) there. Really like this server, and it's sad that i cant fly now.


I'll be appreciated for any information

sry for my english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 1:48 PM, Drinkis said:

sup guys


May i know when the server will be open again? this is my first "big game" (Stalingrad-Kuban) there. Really like this server, and it's sad that i cant fly now.


I'll be appreciated for any information

sry for my english

+1 week

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, Drinkis said:

sup guys


May i know when the server will be open again? this is my first "big game" (Stalingrad-Kuban) there. Really like this server, and it's sad that i cant fly now.


I'll be appreciated for any information

sry for my english

Was a once in a lifetime campaign, sorry you missed it......👷‍♂️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to have had no life during this taw and being in top five fighters squad when there was only two of us. This taw was a lot of fun and can't wait for next edition, thank you the LG squad once again. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...