=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I hope we will start new campaign in the next week. New plainset is based on points.

That's great news! Thx, about this points and planes can you elaborate more?

I hope we will start new campaign in the next week. New plainset is based on points. 

HURRAH!!! Thx mate! Soon no more Wings of Bullshit...  :biggrin:  

• Upvote 2

Edit : same thing applies to glass headrest on the G2, 1943 modification which have nothing to do here.

Aha :)

Anton Hafner, II./JG51, November 1942, Tunis.

post-1464-0-62970800-1472253295_thumb.jpg

Also:

post-1464-0-36332400-1472253327_thumb.jpg

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 2

Aha :)

Anton Hafner, II./JG51, November 1942, Tunis.

Also:

attachicon.gifost.jpg

EDIT : not looked the photograph closely enough, I thought it was a "removed headrest"  ! ... so I was ranting quoting galland 1941 orders etc... 

So yes : if the the armored glass was already in units by the Stalingrad time frame, it should be there, apologies :P

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

Hi just an idea to celebrate TAW results.

What about to create a virtual "diploma" with results of the squad who attended the TAW...maybe done only for the first best 5 squads in the stats..

The diploma could be send by mail to the commander of squad by mail at the end of the campaign..

Cheers

Hello Pilots!
The last TAW campaign is over and our squad is working hard on another virtual struggle in the air.
In the meantime we want to honor top 5 fighter and bomber squadrons with diplomas.

TOP 5 FIGHTER SQUADRONS

14067532_1636868059957842_66901943037518

13934726_1636868036624511_81904349872500

14045776_1636868116624503_73049951271553

14034934_1636868066624508_37597007410846

14045542_1636868143291167_58028721607442[

TOP 5 BOMBER SQUADRONS

14045644_1636866546624660_14727241127406

14045958_1636866526624662_44804910588485

14079932_1636866493291332_57471926972358

14034909_1636866506624664_91035245228475

14040206_1636866533291328_45327917724357

Congratulations and we are looking forward to your participation in the next war!

Edited by =L/R=Piciu
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the diploma,we'll participate in the next campaign ,no doubt about it

Salu2

Edited by E69_Hans_luchs

Quality, not the numbers.

This is the main idea of TAW.

Team score = airkills/groundkills - deaths

The wwII ranking was based on airkills of the units.

The most succesfull meant - with the the highest airkills score.

But in real bad pilots were living very shortly and in the virtual enviroment even a bad pilot can get at least 1 ak before the death.

So for us the easiest way to define which team is better is to check how many kills he earned and how many pilots he loosed.

When counting only ak/per death status small teams of 3-4 players can have better results( and it was also a fiction of ADW system ).

Cheers.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

its to my understanding that TAW starts this week. am i correct?  :)

i'm on the edge of my seat!  I do have a question, do we have to register for each campaign?  What are the impacts of registering/not registering?

Hello guys! Cannot wait for the campaign to start again, I only flew a couple of missions on the previous one and really enjoyed it, especially plane and loadout limitation forcing to play smart, and ensure historical accuracy.

I just noticed something, watching videos from the player on the German side, which might be a small error, or an unfortunate forgetting : removed headrest seem to be unlocked on German 109. As a lot of loadout are restricted for historical purpose, which is great I find it really disturbing that this one is not.

Suggestion : remove it from all 109, and add just one 109F4 allowing this modification, only unlocked after all other planes are filled up, representing what removed headrest was : a very rare experten modification :)

Edit : same thing applies to glass headrest on the G2, 1943 modification which have nothing to do here.

Anyway thank you for the server, and see you soon in the skies! 'S!

What? All it would take is the pilots combat engineer to take a torch to it and saw it off. It seems like a 5min mod any tech could do. 

What? All it would take is the pilots combat engineer to take a torch to it and saw it off. It seems like a 5min mod any tech could do. 

I think you could just screw it loose. But many pilots were forbidden to do so. Thats why Trinkof said experten mod. Don't know about the G2 though.

It was forbidden by commandement. The short story is :

Adolph galland did not liked it at all when it first came in units because it restricted rear visibility... Until a flight, when he was already high commander of fighter... The headrest just saved his life. (1941 over the channel)

Then he just gave strict order to make all 109 units to not remove the plate.

Some experten probably still removed it, as they were untouchable and highly acclaimed... Most of the pilot (90% probably... ) flew with this plate.

To solve the problem of visibility, galland himself designed the armored glass rest you have on the G2.

• Upvote 1

EDIT : not looked the photograph closely enough, I thought it was a "removed headrest" ! ... so I was ranting quoting galland 1941 orders etc...

So yes : if the the armored glass was already in units by the Stalingrad time frame, it should be there, apologies :P

Yes, we have all learned that panzerbar is the man when it comes to finding out pretty much anything related to air combat in WWII.

Also, a suggestion for the awards that were given out to the top five squads: drop the term diploma, it makes them sound like they graduated from TAW, not participated in it. Maybe refer to them as citations, as this is the more commonly used term to recognize an entire squadron's performance.

i.e.: Unit citation.

Otherwise I love the idea :)

Edited by 19.GIAP//p3zman

BLAKHART :" Team score = airkills/groundkills - deaths ".

One idea: you are dead? ............................. 15 or 30 minutes without being able to fly on the server.

Death must be scary, :scare:
Fear is "real".
Fear gives intensity to our virtual flights.
( always without AA ace level ).

TAW is a beautiful expérience."Merci" for your work :) .

:salute:

Edited by NN_Elanion
  • Upvote 4

One idea: you are dead? ............................. 15 or 30 minutes without being able to fly on the server. Death must be scary,

I agree death needs to be scary, but 30 minutes? jeez, some of us bought this game to play it... I think 5 minutes and losing your plane are plenty disincentive, maybe 10 minutes tops. 

TAW is a beautiful expérience."Merci" for your work  :) .

But I agree with this! 

Edited by 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

I agree death needs to be scary, but 30 minutes? jeez, some of us bought this game to play it... I think 5 minutes and losing your plane are plenty disincentive, maybe 10 minutes tops. 

But I agree with this! 

5-10 minutes is reasonable and would act as an incentive for players to avoid taking stupid, suicidal and/or unrealistic actions while in game.  Putting the "sim" back in the "game", so to speak. 

I like it.  I like it a lot. :salute:

5 minutes was allready in action for the last two campaigns.

For a mission duration of one hour and 45 minutes this was not neglible.

10 minutes would be an even greater deterent, but might drive some people away.

However for me the far bigger penalty is plane loss. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes was allready in action for the last two campaigns.

For a mission duration of one hour and 45 minutes this was not neglible.

10 minutes would be an even greater deterent, but might drive some people away.

However for me the far bigger penalty is plane loss. 

Yeah I like the 5 minutes we've had for the past campaigns, and second that the plane loss is the bigger disincentive. Additional time penalties wouldn't add "fear of death", just annoyance, and might drive people away.

I think 10mins would be good,

Your kills/points should be reset to zero,

and you should have to fly 3 resupply missions in the Ju52, when its available!  :lol:

Ugh, nothing is worse than being forced to fly supply missions.  I'd rather go play a different game than fly supply missions.  What a colossal waste of time.

Supply missions in better servers is what keeps WoL populated.

Edited by JG13_opcode
  • Upvote 1

Why so silent guys? i thought it released this week

Me too. Not trying to rush you guys or anything. You should take ur time and at ur own pace, im sure we all appreciate the amazing work u guys are doing. I'll be here as long as it takes just please let us know whats up.

Cheers

Edited by JAGER_Riksen

If your pilot was killed, your squad should lose you for next mission.

"Combat mission is a sortie with “Landed”/”In flight” status and ... at least 15min long without any kill."

15 min for resurrection might drive only random single-players away (to the "kindergarden"  :P 

• Upvote 1

New TAW campaign starts on 04.09.2016 at 18:00 UTC. Obligatory registration on TAW website will be available from Saturday 03.09.

I will write about changes and new features later because not everything is ready and we still are working on it ;)

• Upvote 8