=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 hour ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

By the way, ... Try to fly in the TAW, before attack me, because it seem, that You are not in the stat :rolleyes: 

I don´t mean to attack you. I've already told you i was in CAP diving on your plane when i saw you going Rambo style against those tanks with your He111 in a transport loadout. Can´t you read?  I even have a track recorded with that. This TAW i was not going to participate cause i had no time to take it the way i like, so i used a random nick for the few sorties i flew in; search better mate, y fly for the ECV56/Redeye coalition 666°GIAP "Diablos Rojos" => Oops! It seems i'am in the stat ;)

Read again my previous post, i hope you realize how wrong you are; i have nothing else to add. You don´t have to explain anything Otto, your actions already spoke for you. 

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

I don´t mean to attack you. I've already told you i was in CAP diving on your plane when i saw you going Rambo style against those tanks with your He111 in a transport loadout. Can´t you read?  I even have a track recorded with that. This TAW i was not going to participate cause i had no time to take it the way i like, so i used a random nick for the few sorties i flew in; search better mate, y fly for the ECV56/Redeye coalition 666°GIAP "Diablos Rojos" => Oops! It seems i'am in the stat ;)

Read again my previous post, i hope you realize how wrong you are; i have nothing else to add. You don´t have to explain anything Otto, your actions already spoke for you. 

[edited] The He-111-H6 is not only a transport, you can add bombs. But Don´t worry, I will flying Bf-109 only, or nothing, it better than become a funfair duck, in a bomber.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
No Spanish forum

1 hour ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

y fly for the ECV56/Redeye coalition 666°GIAP "Diablos Rojos" => Oops! It seems i'am in the stat ;)
 ..your actions already spoke for you. 

It seem that you are not in the stats. "Chimango" name is not there.   ..and your actions already spoke for you. 

Si66giap.jpg

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

I have find quite frustrating to make long bomber sorties of level bombing. I got some direct hits with 4 SC 500 to destroy just 3 buildings on a depor on an arfield. And the other day my squad E69 attacked the trenches with 4000kg bombs with 4bf110 on a fast run and what we  get was just 2 ground targets. 

It looks that objects are too dispersed to make big bombs useless  and not talking about the trenches that are never destroyed so you need to stay a big time on the zone looking for and strafing one by one all the guns or buildings. The red planes are perfectly suited for that just make a cloud of average skilled pilots over the targets and even for a skilled blue pilot is impossible to cover any stuka with all this planes making tight turns on the deck and the controls frozen at 550km/h. If the blue side do the same there will be a dogfight like berloga and no point of doing the serious server stuff. 

Targuets are also so close between each and to close to the arfield so even flying with air superiority a hell of a lot will take of again to counterstrike you on a few minutes. 

I am not complaining is just like that on this sever tactics are just favouring red side, on purpose or not. If the strategic bombing attacks were more important like were on DED EXPERT server, the thing would change and will be the blue side who takes the advantage. 

I have to admit also that a lot of blue players are pussies flying at 9k camping on his base to have a streak

2 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Yes, Pe-2 has 2 gunners, .. but it had 3 defence machine guns , the rear gunner, must be attending to both machineguns, one in the ventral torret and other one that could be switched in the 2 rear lateral windows. Today in game, the rear gunner move the machinegun from LH lateral window to the other RH window, or open the doors of the ventral torret  in miliseconds when he is attacked for several enemies. Did you know it?, ..I think not. ;)

Because everybody knows that Vodka makes the gunner to run soo fast in the plane ans make him soo accured so he can snap shot you on the face while overshooting him at 600kph with a retarded angle of attack. 

Also if you add some vodka on the bullets will increase the incendiary power of them so they can hit you harder so they can spray comunism.

Pd: I hope they will have some sense of humor and will not ban me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

I have find quite frustrating to make long bomber sorties of level bombing. I got some direct hits with 4 SC 500 to destroy just 3 buildings on a depor on an arfield. And the other day my squad E69 attacked the trenches with 4000kg bombs with 4bf110 on a fast run and what we  get was just 2 ground targets. 

It looks that objects are too dispersed to make big bombs useless  and not talking about the trenches that are never destroyed so you need to stay a big time on the zone looking for and strafing one by one all the guns or buildings. The red planes are perfectly suited for that just make a cloud of average skilled pilots over the targets and even for a skilled blue pilot is impossible to cover any stuka with all this planes making tight turns on the deck and the controls frozen at 550km/h. If the blue side do the same there will be a dogfight like berloga and no point of doing the serious server stuff. 

Targuets are also so close between each and to close to the arfield so even flying with air superiority a hell of a lot will take of again to counterstrike you on a few minutes. 

I am not complaining is just like that on this sever tactics are just favouring red side, on purpose or not. If the strategic bombing attacks were more important like were on DED EXPERT server, the thing would change and will be the blue side who takes the advantage. 

I have to admit also that a lot of blue players are pussies flying at 9k camping on his base to have a streak

Because everybody knows that Vodka makes the gunner to run soo fast in the plane ans make him soo accured so he can snap shot you on the face while overshooting him at 600kph with a retarded angle of attack. 

Also if you add some vodka on the bullets will increase the incendiary power of them so they can hit you harder so they can spray comunism.

Pd: I hope they will have some sense of humor and will not ban me. 

Dispersion of targets, making big bombs useless:  This is exactly the reason ground forces did this.  

Targets too close to eachother: Again, done so forces can have mutual coverage/convergence.  

Do we want to at least vaguely simulate war conditions? Or make it arcade-like by making targets for all?

2 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

It looks that objects are too dispersed to make big bombs useless  and not talking about the trenches that are never destroyed so you need to stay a big time on the zone looking for and strafing one by one all the guns or buildings.

This is actually a valid criticism of the way TAW does defensive positions. A position can look 100% healthy, but in reality they have been damaged from a previous mission and you will get maybe 1 or 2 or sometimes even 0 kills if you drop bombs on them. The only way you have any idea that the defenses are hit are on the website : Good/Average/Poor, etc. But when 'average' if all 3 positions are still up it doesn't tell you which ones are already damaged. And there's no way of visually inspecting the target without getting too close to the AA to tell. The bunkers and all other buildings will look 'alive' but when they're destroyed you get 0 credit. Needless to say this is a problem for ground attackers.

I know Kathon has mentioned this before probably many, many pages ago. But there's got to be a better way. Maybe in the mission briefing where it explains what happened in previous mission - it can be more accurate as to exactly which of the 3 defensive positions are hit and how much damage each one has? Is this possible?

For example: 
Kalach Defs: 817 22%, 919 0%, 1016 79%

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

Dispersion of targets, making big bombs useless:  This is exactly the reason ground forces did this.  

Targets too close to eachother: Again, done so forces can have mutual coverage/convergence.  

Do we want to at least vaguely simulate war conditions? Or make it arcade-like by making targets for all?

Not in every place. There are too few objects so you can make the disperssion so big. 

Also if you put a lot of objects and you need 90% of destruction is easier to make if there are a lot of objects on the area . With few can be a gun and a truck hidden somewhere and you can become cracy droping bombs on the area and nothing happens. 

We are talking about making this flyable not real on the server. If you want realism lets make real line front with far away arfields like how is done in real life. 

The biggest challenge with the defensive positions (other than the flak/cannon/mg being grouped together so closely, being so deadly) is knowing which of the earthen bunker/mounds is actually destroyed or not.

There is a slight difference in color/pattern  between an undamaged bunker and a destroyed one.  Often you can’t tell until you are at the end of your dive, getting shot at, and you see the subtle differences.  By then it’s often too late - you just try to adjust your dive, drop and then try to avoid the hailstorm of flak/tracer coming your way! :)

• Upvote 1

The best way I know to tell if a bunker has been taken out is by looking at the door. An untouched bunker will have a clear doorway. A destroyed bunker will have a bunch of debris sticking out of it. This distinction can be made from distance, though not so far as it would seem some would like. Another solution would be to talk to anyone who was just at the target in question. See if they know anything about the target that will help you better kill it. And if the AA is causing issues kill that first. A coordinated 2 or 3 plane team can effectively render AA so much scrap metal. One plane goes in at high speed on an erratic flight path so as not to get hit while the others shoot the otherwise occupied guns. I've seen people do this. I've done it, both as a shooter and a decoy, it isn't that hard. After the guns are dead targets are a lot less scary. Granted you still have other planes to watch out for but you have fewer guns shooting at you and that is a good thing.

Long story short, if you run into a brick wall of a problem and smashing your head into it isn't working then think of something new. Or, if not new, at least something else.

4 hours ago, Disarray said:

The best way I know to tell if a bunker has been taken out is by looking at the door. An untouched bunker will have a clear doorway. A destroyed bunker will have a bunch of debris sticking out of it. This distinction can be made from distance, though not so far as it would seem some would like.

The 'busted door' works for other servers like WoL when they run static missions. In TAW that bunker could've been destroyed Mission #1. But in Mission #2 it spawns as 'alive' with it's doors intact and with the same shade of brown that a fully healthy one would have. There really is no way of knowing until you drop your bombs and you see a big fat goose egg next to your name. 

8 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

It seem that you are not in the stats. "Chimango" name is not there.   

Is this you trolling again or you really believe what you wrote? Let me help you out just in case of the latter;  if i 've already told you that i didn´t use my usual nickname this time and gave to you the link to the 666°GIAP coalition lineup where only one pilot is not under ECV56 or Redeye tag....guess who is 666°GIAP_Muyahidin then?  

Please stop behaving like this, quoting silly things,  or deviating comments which avoid the main subject for what i replied to your TAW complains, a vital issue that you don´t seem willing to understand, so i'll try to be very direct this time: your performance in TAW has been extremely poor; you took off 32 times and only landed 8 times;  you lost 22 out of 32 planes; Oh sure is beacuse of what you complained about two pages ago (#214); let me quote:

"By the way, russian AAA are like snipers, and hit your airplane at firt shoot, during A/G attack run "

"I think that some changes are needed, in order to make the campaign more easy for attack pilot because nobody want to fly one hour to his target, for dead over target, by a single shoot of the sniper AAA"

Then, the same person who writes these complaints,  goes solo attacking a tank column with a He111 set as a transport, ditches next to the column after being -obviously- shot down fast, and starts shooting with his gunners at the vehicles and tanks like a Warthunder 8 year old would do. Sorry man, no excuses can be sustained after that performance, no matter how hard you try. Again, you lost 22 out of 32 planes! And for what? not much...cause during those sorties you only have 6gk and 1ak. 

I wouldn´t say anything to you  or the guys who approach TAW like you in Rambo style and lose so many planes, it really is up to you and it is also very good for our win by attrition goals; :biggrin: but on top of that, and now comes the most shocking part, you come to forums and dare to criticize il2 devs, TAW management, and red AA for your incompetence! Do you always go like that blaming others for your own mistakes? How dare, after approaching TAW campaing like that, you show up in forums pretending your demands to be taken seriously. Give us a rest, really man, and instead of flaming forums making a fool of yourself, use that energy to learn more and become a better virtual pilot.

Accepting our own mistakes and limitations is the first step to learn and get better.

:salute:

• Upvote 6

Hello

I am hoping you are able to help me resolve this issue.

I am registered on TAW, with the name you see here. In addition, I set up to play on the side of Axis team.

But, every time I try to play on TAW, I  receive a message "You have to register first." BUT I AM REGISTERED!!!!!

Is there a reason for this? And what is the cure?

Recently I have phishing warning for this (TAW) subforum. Anyone else have this with Malwarebytes?

TAW phish.jpg

Like  commander of 666ºGIAP I must say, Chima this time fly whit TAG 666°GIAP_Muyahidin for our coalition.

The question for TAW admins is clear no???

How many weeks for start next edition???

heheheheeh.

Thx Again to Admins and all players made this edition posible.

Good Job Red Team!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I know Kathon has mentioned this before probably many, many pages ago. But there's got to be a better way. Maybe in the mission briefing where it explains what happened in previous mission - it can be more accurate as to exactly which of the 3 defensive positions are hit and how much damage each one has? Is this possible?

For example: 
Kalach Defs: 817 22%, 919 0%, 1016 79%

Added to my to-do list.

8 hours ago, S.A.C.G._RCAF_LYNX said:

Hello

I am hoping you are able to help me resolve this issue.

I am registered on TAW, with the name you see here. In addition, I set up to play on the side of Axis team.

But, every time I try to play on TAW, I  receive a message "You have to register first." BUT I AM REGISTERED!!!!!

Is there a reason for this? And what is the cure?

You are not registered. You have registered slightly different name.

What is the cure? Maybe try to simplify your name to avoid errors during registration.

19 minutes ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

The question for TAW admins is clear no???

How many weeks for start next edition???

heheheheeh.

Let's hope as few as possible ;)

And AA stats from this campaign. 

TAW_13_AA.JPG.6084a38dd4d7a83377dde7865650721f.JPG

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, ATAG_dB said:

Recently I have phishing warning for this (TAW) subforum. Anyone else have this with Malwarebytes?

TAW phish.jpg

RTWFM.................. ;)

Yeah, I just got it............  I use BitDefender..............

58 minutes ago, 19//Hoss said:

RTWFM.................. ;)

Yeah, I just got it............  I use BitDefender..............

Every time now that I come on this page it's on and it's blocked, weird only here

Edited by ATAG_dB

Some photos of the last TAW campaign:

FHVUSDU.png

JDOkgmf.png

f3BL94R.png

Cheers

Edited by SCG_Riksen
Forgot the spoiler
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, 19//Darbzy said:

Looking forward to the next campaign already :)

Where is the fighter cover ...???

Nicer one guys  A well deserved Win for RED. 

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

12 hours ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

you come to forums and dare to criticize il2 devs, TAW management, and red AA for your incompetence! Do you always go like that blaming others for your own mistakes?

Please, compare the score stats of the Russian  AAA vs German  AAA, ... are all the Germans pilots losers, or incompetent?
Russian AAA shootdown: 1670 German aircraft
German AAA shootdown: 1264 Russian aircraft 
Russian AAA  shootdown 406 airplanes more than Germans AAA.   
What's happen here more Germans attacking than Russians??    I don´t understand :o:

maybe germans flying he111 100m over tank column with 300km/h...Just trolling:wacko:.

Those stats are much better than before changes and i think it shows the difference beetwen durability of russian and german planes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Please, compare the score stats of the Russian  AAA vs German  AAA, ... are all the Germans pilots losers, or incompetent?
Russian AAA shootdown: 1670 German aircraft
German AAA shootdown: 1264 Russian aircraft 
Russian AAA  shootdown 406 airplanes more than Germans AAA.   
What's happen here more Germans attacking than Russians??    I don´t understand :o:

Statistics aren't so easy. Maybe just more aircraft were in reach of the AAA. U can't just jump to conclusions by comparing one number.  

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

U can't just jump to conclusions by comparing one number.  

Oh but some really can, and they love to do it!

Thanks very much again  to =LG= for TAW;  this time i couldn´t participate much but the few sorties i flew i enjoyed them as usual. 

3 hours ago, ATAG_dB said:

Every time now that I come on this page it's on and it's blocked, weird only here

In the past this was attributed to an image in someone’s signature, not something specific to the forums/thread/TAW.

They are from

7 hours ago, ATAG_dB said:

From looking at the screenshot, looks like a block on a site that is hosting someone's signature images, possible Otto's G6 and MK108 image?

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

47 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

maybe germans flying he111 100m over tank column with 300km/h...Just trolling:wacko:.

Those stats are much better than before changes and i think it shows the difference beetwen durability of russian and german planes.

Do you have any document with specification that the He-111 can't not be used for low level bombing against tank or vehicle columns??,.. please  show here.
As far as i know,  He-111 was used for low level attack missions, and torpedo bomber too.

he111.jpg

And the CASA-Heinkel C-2111 (Spanish version of the He-111) was used after the WWII,  in "Ifni war" 1957, for reconnaissance, and low level attack, without problems.

Spoiler

avc_00181200.jpg

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

10 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

Statistics aren't so easy. Maybe just more aircraft were in reach of the AAA. U can't just jump to conclusions by comparing one number.  

Well there is clearly a discrepancy every campaign though, so if you compare the stats from all taws you can see there is something wrong. Probably the fact that lw aircraft are more fragile and russian AA better (not in accuracy, just the gun itself). It's not game breaking and lw should adapt and do better attack runs.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

They are from

From looking at the screenshot, looks like a block on a site that is hosting someone's signature images, possible Otto's G6 and MK108 image?

You know how can I check this?

Edit: I think you re right, I ignore Otto and I have no more warning.

Thank you

Edited by ATAG_dB

40 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Kamm said:

I agree sheriff, often times I noticed that RED tanks and defensive positions would stay on the map all mission long with a full server while BLUE tanks and defensive positions might not last even half of the mission. It could be a multitude of things, maybe RED ground attackers know exactly how to approach these targets to eliminate the AA as quick as possible, maybe there are BLUE players who don't know how to approach these targets and basically throw their lives away, and maybe RED fighters just do a great job in defending and dragging the AA for the ground attackers.

Having flown both you are mistaken my friend. Especially in our shared EST time zone there was no large contingent of blue ground attackers. Sure some individuals here and there but no concerted effort. You could see how this changed during popular Euro time zone where Blue was much more effective at taking out objectives. 

Now with the AA there are so many variables. Yes an IL-2 will take more AA damage than anything on the Blue side. And yes - even more than the 129. The 129 is deceptively very weak against AA. The average Red ground attack pilot is no better than the average Blue one. I think the major difference is that the IL-2 has the ability to kill tanks not only with bombs, and rockets, but also with even the VYa 23mm cannon. Blue doesn't have anything close to it's ability to annihilate a column in a single sortie. But back to pilot skill I would however, argue about top end talent combined with the people who have the most flight time in the sever - here there is a STARK difference between Red and Blue that also contributes to such lopsided war results. 

Top 25 All Pilots Avg Score
VVS 17 Pilots 3,589
OKL 8 Pilots 4,362

Top 25 Flight Hours Avg Score
VVS 12 Pilots 2,210
OKL 13 Pilots 910

Top 50 Flight Hours Avg Score
VVS 24 Pilots 786
OKL 26 Pilots 623

Top 25 in Deaths Avg Score
VVS 8 Pilots 332
OKL 17 Piilots 131

The top 25 leans heavily to VVS. And even more so when you go Top 50, with only a total of 14 OKL pilots in the top 50. The majority of the top level talent decided to fly Red this campaign. But the real problem comes with the flight hours.  Here in the Top 25 we see a 2-1 advantage in score. So on average the Red pilot you ALWAYS see online flying is good enough to warrant someone on Blue side getting them a girlfriend :lol:. Whereas the Blue guy should dump his and go to flight school. It starts to balance out a bit when you stretch it out to the Top 50 as expected. 

So in conclusion it's a lot less about the 'average' pilot. Because the average pilot on both sides is very equal. It's the top 1% of the really good - and really bad pilots that also contributes to Blue's woes. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Added to my to-do list.

You are not registered. You have registered slightly different name.

What is the cure? Maybe try to simplify your name to avoid errors during registration.

Let's hope as few as possible ;)

I went to the TAW webpage. I tried to re-register a new account. They said I could not because, that account already exists. There are no mistakes in the name. Email address or anything. So went back to the sign in page and requested a new password, maybe that would make a difference. But again, the same results, they would not let me sign into my account. So, here we have TAW acknowledging my account, but not allowing me to sign in. You say it is my name. Well, my name should not be too complicated, seeing as how the new password they sent to me is about 50 digits long. Meaning, if their password suggestion was not too complicated then my name sure as heck is not too complicated, and I am not about to change my name and mess up all of my stuff here on IL2 to appease TAW. So how about a more thought out suggestion rather then change my name. Or fix the issue on the side of TAW.

16 minutes ago, S.A.C.G._RCAF_LYNX said:

I went to the TAW webpage. I tried to re-register a new account. They said I could not because, that account already exists. There are no mistakes in the name. Email address or anything. So went back to the sign in page and requested a new password, maybe that would make a difference. But again, the same results, they would not let me sign into my account. So, here we have TAW acknowledging my account, but not allowing me to sign in. You say it is my name. Well, my name should not be too complicated, seeing as how the new password they sent to me is about 50 digits long. Meaning, if their password suggestion was not too complicated then my name sure as heck is not too complicated, and I am not about to change my name and mess up all of my stuff here on IL2 to appease TAW. So how about a more thought out suggestion rather then change my name. Or fix the issue on the side of TAW.

I shall predict a future LG comment:

"Door is that way. --->"

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, S.A.C.G._RCAF_LYNX said:

When you use the website the email and the account name are different.  you reset with your email address, and take the password and use it with your login name, not email...stumped me at first too.

9 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Having flown both you are mistaken my friend. Especially in our shared EST time zone there was no large contingent of blue ground attackers. Sure some individuals here and there but no concerted effort. You could see how this changed during popular Euro time zone where Blue was much more effective at taking out objectives. 

Now with the AA there are so many variables. Yes an IL-2 will take more AA damage than anything on the Blue side. And yes - even more than the 129. The 129 is deceptively very weak against AA. The average Red ground attack pilot is no better than the average Blue one. I think the major difference is that the IL-2 has the ability to kill tanks not only with bombs, and rockets, but also with even the VYa 23mm cannon. Blue doesn't have anything close to it's ability to annihilate a column in a single sortie. But back to pilot skill I would however, argue about top end talent combined with the people who have the most flight time in the sever - here there is a STARK difference between Red and Blue that also contributes to such lopsided war results. 

Top 25 All Pilots Avg Score
VVS 17 Pilots 3,589
OKL 8 Pilots 4,362

Top 25 Flight Hours Avg Score
VVS 12 Pilots 2,210
OKL 13 Pilots 910

Top 50 Flight Hours Avg Score
VVS 24 Pilots 786
OKL 26 Pilots 623

Top 25 in Deaths Avg Score
VVS 8 Pilots 332
OKL 17 Piilots 131

The top 25 leans heavily to VVS. And even more so when you go Top 50, with only a total of 14 OKL pilots in the top 50. The majority of the top level talent decided to fly Red this campaign. But the real problem comes with the flight hours.  Here in the Top 25 we see a 2-1 advantage in score. So on average the Red pilot you ALWAYS see online flying is good enough to warrant someone on Blue side getting them a girlfriend :lol:. Whereas the Blue guy should dump his and go to flight school. It starts to balance out a bit when you stretch it out to the Top 50 as expected. 

So in conclusion it's a lot less about the 'average' pilot. Because the average pilot on both sides is very equal. It's the top 1% of the really good - and really bad pilots that also contributes to Blue's woes. 

As for VVS 30% flight hours where spend on the ground trying to start the Pe2 engines..as you know ;)

I would love to see the cold engines out for the next campaign 

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks for this campaign, really appreciated it !

-IRRE- should fly RED again next one, hoping to avoid the classic "everybody switch at the same campaign".

@ =EXPAND= : sorry for the ram during a dogfight one day... did not understand what happened, maybe a small lag due to my bad connection... anyway, that was my only death of the campaign, I'm really not used to this kind of behavior :)

• Like 1

As always a very good and a this time very balanced campaign. So even the following nags shouldn't distract that TAW is still my(our) favourite server.
But following things I would like to change:

1. A critical look at the plane set is again needed. Some Maps had almost no change in planes while on others planes vanished for some reason.
The La-5 S.8 was not available at all in the last map. And was available while the F-2(!) of the Germans was the CM+1 Aircraft. This "tiering" Plane set is really not what I want to see in BoX.
I want a more historical approach. Same goes for the first maps which are fights from fantasy land. imho from the first map on we should have F-2s, F-4s, MIGs and P-40s. I-16s as the main fighter for the VVS, and the F-2 for the germans.
Imho Fighters should be added not by Maps, but by date. You have a date on your maps, maybe we can use it in the future? So on 06.06.1943(I actually dont know the excat date) the La-5 FN appears. With placeholders for Gameplay sake. That the Ju-87 is available earlier. I know that is hard, but I think should benefit the Gameplay and enjoyment. Pretty sure this forum und my Discord community can help getting some valid dates.

2. I personally would like to see the CM+1 revised. While the purpose is clear, it's kinda frustrating that every suicide ground attacker gets at least one dumb sortie in per mission.
maybe grant a +1 replenishment every 2-3 Maps instead. So that a destroyed ground attacker is actually felt. Maybe grant ground attackers the multiple CM Bonus as well. That way they get aircraft fast, but reckless ground attackers do not.

3. I think it was possible to use transport planes as bombers, pls take a look in the loadouts of transports. That got exploited.

4. Reinstate the JU-88 as a transport. The Russians have the fast Pe-2 as a transport aircraft. Why hampering the germans with the He-111? Alternatively raise the supply percentages of He-111 and Ju-52. I may even buy that thing when it has more purposes.

5. The Cold engine start serves no real purpose. Its not realistic, the engines don't heat up in a realistic way, the aircraft can take off anyway on a cold engine, and some engines need multiple tries to get them running. Looking at you Pe-2 S.35. I see no reason to keep it.

6. While this campaign was much better in terms of balance, I can't express enough how frustrating it is to play a few hours and to make some progress only to see after the night, that without resistance the team lost four airfields in 8 hours. I would like to see some kind of "progress-limiter". Basically the simulation of stretched supply lines. Alternatively that front progress is a little bit coupled to the team balance in the placed round. (defences get a boost when outnumbered for example) That would still mean that a team who wipes a defense can make progress but its a little harder.

Thats it for now. Cheers.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

3. I think it was possible to use transport planes as bombers, pls take a look in the loadouts of transports. That got exploited.

There's currently a game bug, where a plane with only the "empty" loadout defined will have bombs selectable.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
Added link to bug post

1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:

6. While this campaign was much better in terms of balance, I can't express enough how frustrating it is to play a few hours and to make some progress only to see after the night, that without resistance the team lost four airfields in 8 hours. I would like to see some kind of "progress-limiter". Basically the simulation of stretched supply lines. Alternatively that front progress is a little bit coupled to the team balance in the placed round. (defences get a boost when outnumbered for example) That would still mean that a team who wipes a defense can make progress but its a little harder.

Thats it for now. Cheers.

I like that idea