=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I didnt get a response on Discord so I'll post here.

Another A20 not counted as a kill
Was credited an air kill in-game, but nothing on TAW website(edited)

is this a game issue or a TAW issue, I got the kill in-game but maybe Il2 is not passing on the log correctly. As someone who rarely gets an a2a kill its kind of a bummer not getting credited.

1 hour ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I would imagine it's a TAW bug since this does not occur in WoL for instance.

Yeah just a quick response of @=LG=Kathon would be nice. 

A20 and P39 bug (no AK) fixed, but unfortunately I'm not able to fix pilots stats manually.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Thanks 1

Yeah happened to me last night as well, except i shot down a Yak. Still didn't get the kill, but glad to see it's fixed! It was my first Air Kill on TAW too :(

14 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Communication in a game where you can lose the game for your team by just playing solo all the time is a no brainer in my humble opinion. 

I prefer to role-play that that my comm radio has been knocked out.  It adds to the thrill for me and helps me edge better.

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

A20 and P39 bug (no AK) fixed, but unfortunately I'm not able to fix pilots stats manually.

No issue for pilot stats we will just pretend we didn't get credited :P

6 hours ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I prefer to role-play that that my comm radio has been knocked out.  It adds to the thrill for me and helps me edge better.

My 100% realism mil sim group would like to use radios too, but were all still learning German...er deutsche.

4 hours ago, Tuesday said:

Probably crashed while typing "abschuss" into chat, I bet :rolleyes:

• Like 2

You might want to consider restricting A-20's 20x 100kg bombload.

That thing literally nukes a tank column in 2-3 passes. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

You might want to consider restricting A-20's 20x 100kg bombload.

That thing literally nukes a tank column in 2-3 passes. 

AAAHAHHAHA what about 1 milion bombs on ju88?

5 minutes ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

5af2ceb074127_Sinttulhgfyfo-2.thumb.png.90cdfdb94728f49587a35cdb33833170.pngAre you guys having fun? :)

Looks like Germans already give up and rebooked tickets to Stalingrad 😂 

1 hour ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

AAAHAHHAHA what about 1 milion bombs on ju88?

That Ju 88 will have no one covering it anyhow.... 

1 hour ago, CptSiddy said:

That Ju 88 will have no one covering it anyhow.... 

Same as A20. And capability of destroying tank columns of Ju88 is twice as A20 and russians have 1/1 of this plane and germans has 2/2.

7 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

Same as A20. And capability of destroying tank columns of Ju88 is twice as A20 and russians have 1/1 of this plane and germans has 2/2.

• A-20 defensive armament is poor and worse - although not by much compared to 88. 
  • 20x100kg > 28x50kg (44x50kg loadout is not worth the extra weight - and doesn't drop in series as well as internals do). With the 50kgs if you just miss 1m left or right, you will only kill trucks/AA guns. With the 100kgs you can be off 1-2m and it will still reliably kill tanks. This is more important now in the last few TAWs as the TAW devs have added more varied weather conditions. Even a ~4m/s crosswind will require your full focus to keep straight and make your bomb run worthwhile. 
  • T-34 > StuG/Panzer III/IV (most numerous tanks in columns) Just a fact of life, Russian tanks are tougher.
  • 88 can dive faster to avoid AA (which is needed because Red tank columns have faster reacting AA than Blue tank columns) - you will see in video coming out soon ;)

I say all these things as someone who loves both planes. Just check out the statistics. But as TAW is currently constructed - especially the tank columns...the A-20 is the superior tank killing machine of the two. 

Should the A-20 bombs be restricted? Hell no. Now, if we're talking about beefing up blue tank column flak to be equal to red's, especially in AA reaction time, this would balance out in the end. Since the A-20 can't reach the speeds the 88 does in a dive, and in some aspects is actually weaker than the 88 in terms of durability. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

5af2ceb074127_Sinttulhgfyfo-2.thumb.png.90cdfdb94728f49587a35cdb33833170.pngAre you guys having fun? :)

And we wonder why the player numbers aren't increasing rapidly.

21 hours ago, ChanceTheRaptor said:

My 100% realism mil sim group would like to use radios too, but were all still learning German...er deutsche.

You bring up a good point.  I've got Cyrillic and Germans keyboards on order now.  If I'm really going to deep dive into the role-playing even farther, I need to learn the languages.  Maybe I'll find that the key binds for the game are logical in my journey.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

• A-20 defensive armament is poor and worse - although not by much compared to 88. 
  • 20x100kg > 28x50kg (44x50kg loadout is not worth the extra weight - and doesn't drop in series as well as internals do). With the 50kgs if you just miss 1m left or right, you will only kill trucks/AA guns. With the 100kgs you can be off 1-2m and it will still reliably kill tanks. This is more important now in the last few TAWs as the TAW devs have added more varied weather conditions. Even a ~4m/s crosswind will require your full focus to keep straight and make your bomb run worthwhile. 
  • T-34 > StuG/Panzer III/IV (most numerous tanks in columns) Just a fact of life, Russian tanks are tougher.
  • 88 can dive faster to avoid AA (which is needed because Red tank columns have faster reacting AA than Blue tank columns) - you will see in video coming out soon ;)

I say all these things as someone who loves both planes. Just check out the statistics. But as TAW is currently constructed - especially the tank columns...the A-20 is the superior tank killing machine of the two. 

Should the A-20 bombs be restricted? Hell no. Now, if we're talking about beefing up blue tank column flak to be equal to red's, especially in AA reaction time, this would balance out in the end. Since the A-20 can't reach the speeds the 88 does in a dive, and in some aspects is actually weaker than the 88 in terms of durability. 

Cant wait for the clip from A20 diving. I tried some runs and wasn't that good but much better than pe2. What spread of bombs you use?

I've got a video ready for the end of the campaign, and there some incredible A20B tank runs already in there. Kondor has put more time in it than me so far, with extremely impressive results. It is light years more effective than the Pe-2, and even the JU 88 can't compare, for reasons I will outline in an upcoming video.

I was behind you on one of your early A20B runs; you dropped too far to the right :P 90 degree Crosswinds are a bitch - - -

Edited by StG77_HvB
  • Like 1

@=LG=Kathon I have another kill that was not counted. This time a Pe-2 According to the stats, he ditched deep in German territory and yet I received no credit for the kill.

Mission: http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=280

Sortie log of the Pe-2: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58527&name=-=RFF=-Predatorus

Sortie log of mine: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58505&name=BlackHellHound1

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Gentlemen, I have here a highly classified never-before seen photograph from the first manned U.S. space flight.  I believe this may help shed some light on these campaigns:

Spoiler

9LthbPd.png

:D

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

@=LG=Kathon I have another kill that was not counted. This time a Pe-2 According to the stats, he ditched deep in German territory and yet I received no credit for the kill.

Mission: http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=280

Sortie log of the Pe-2: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58527&name=-=RFF=-Predatorus

Sortie log of mine: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58505&name=BlackHellHound1

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Nothing is wrong here. You just finished your sortie (23:35:52) before he ditched (23:37:19).

The kills dont count if they (ditch, crash etc.) occur after you finish your flight

25 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

Nothing is wrong here. You just finished your sortie (23:35:52) before he ditched (23:37:19).

The kills dont count if they (ditch, crash etc.) occur after you finish your flight

Look at this:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56632&name=JG700_Rammjager

and:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56573&name==2ndSS=Svarog

Svarog ended his sortie at 23:31:19, me at 23:35:21 (ditched on friendly AF, due to wheel failure)

So why he got the kill ??

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

16 minutes ago, JG700_Rammjager said:

Look at this:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56632&name=JG700_Rammjager

and:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56573&name==2ndSS=Svarog

Svarog ended his sortie at 23:31:19, me at 23:35:21 (ditched on friendly AF, due to wheel failure)

So why he got the kill ??

Ramm.

My guess is that he didnt't exit the mission (didnt press escape and finish the miss) till you ditched.

I was doing it myself in some previous campaigns where for example I was damaged during the attack but seen the enemy also heavily damaged, so i ditched and waited till the kill apears on the board and only then i exited the mission to select another plane

Edited by Carl_infar

19 hours ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

1 hour after this shot was taken there were 15 axis players on . 

31 minutes ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

1 hour after this shot was taken there were 15 axis players on . 

And?  the fact that the whole BoX series MP has no sort of team balancing is why we all continue to gather in a circle and aim for the cracker bud.