=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

to register use web taw.stg2.de, there is register account in upper right corner. Register whole your name as you use it ingame, with squad tag too (when you playing as it is shown in game rosters and chats etc).

FUCKING FINALLY!

Thank you!

to register use web taw.stg2.de, there is register account in upper right corner. Register whole your name as you use it ingame, with squad tag too (when you playing as it is shown in game rosters and chats etc).

Hmm I tried to register and it tells me that I am already registered. I try to sign in and it tells me that my username and/or password is wrong. I click the link for "I forgot my password" and enter my email address and it tells me I'm not registered... So now I'm confused.

Hmm I tried to register and it tells me that I am already registered. I try to sign in and it tells me that my username and/or password is wrong. I click the link for "I forgot my password" and enter my email address and it tells me I'm not registered... So now I'm confused.

Because you first entered the server and make a flight, before you registered on website you was automaticly registered with automatic password, and your email isn't connected with any account.

You have to pm Kathon for your password.

I have now been confronted with the third occurrence of chute shooting on this server. Its a pity because its otherwise a great one. It makes me think about not coming back. And to be on the same server as people asking this "because?" does make me feel even less prone to continue. On the other hand, there are great experiences with great people....

hello

It seems that there are some pilots who can't handle being shot down in a mature fashion. In one of my sorties, after booming on a 109, this pilot started "teleporting stuff" nonsense in the chat.

I responded, but he didn't acknowledge his mistake. I 'm not sure if he left the server before the reply.

My point is that, although cheating should be reported, knee-jerk accusations (without any proof whatsoever) should be reported as well. When it's done in a public chat, It's a slander that defames the person and the squadron.

I won't mention the pilot's name in this forum for the time being, because I don't know if he has done this again. If the moderators want to, I can send a PM about who he is.

cheers

Edited by [DBS]airdoc

Completely disagree. It's a war and only depends on us, whether we shot or not.

P.S. That doesn't mean I'd do it. ;)

Because we're an international community of friends who share a common interest and have respect for each other, not a bunch of sociopaths.

Or at least we ought to be.

The principle of any community is to have all kind of people sharing the same interest for something, but the more people you have, the more chances you have to get a few douches in the lot. 

Sure you get some douches but that doesn't make it fine. a statement that chute killing is not allowed would be good. this a war-game not a war and we are a community not partys at war and we need to treat others with respect, at least that is what I expect from it.

• Upvote 1

Sure you get some douches but that doesn't make it fine. a statement that chute killing is not allowed would be good. this a war-game not a war and we are a community not partys at war and we need to treat others with respect, at least that is what I expect from it.

I completly agree.

+ 1 000 000

Next war all planes will have empty loadout.

No bombs, no amunition.

• Upvote 1

Please,  Devs end this neverendless debate . Only need a rule-

-Parachute kill  its ok o parachute kill  its forbiden

Make a rule, if its ok all shut up and lets go all to kill parachutes... if not ok , any pilot was killed on chute can made a complain,

Dont leave Nocke

:)

Edited by RedEye_Rasko
  • Upvote 1

I completly agree.

+ 1 000 000

Next war all planes will have empty loadout.

No bombs, no amunition.

It would appear normal to me to not shoot unarmed persons also in a video game. It doesn't seem to be a common thing as I see now.

So yeah, you make the rules, we adept. (or not)

Edited by 216th_Jordan

About AAA.

Russian machine gun on a truck is causing small damage, 37mm is usually a instant kill.

There is no 25mm soviet AAA so we used a german one to give the people more chance to survive a ground attack and then even damaged, drag half-burning wreck to own lines.

Its really so hard to conclude that? :D

Geramos using "!" is a bad way of debating.

Cheers!

Yes, the Soviets did have motorized AA. As far as I can tell, two different ones are included in the game (37mm and Quad 12.7mm):

USSR_AA_zpsxggnjfyk.jpg

They also had a 25mm gun that does not appear to be modeled in game. Be thankful that the TAW server only uses the smaller 20mm German gun. Tell me - who exactly are they are helping with this Flak 'balance' again?!

As for the Yak, all I have to say is that if you can't engage the current VVS fighter set on favorable terms in the G2, your flying or your teamwork is the problem and the extra power of the 1.42 ATA will not help you. Maybe the Yak-1B will be enough of an improvement over the Series 69 to change this, but I'll believe that when I see it.

How about let's all enjoy the game/server and stop crying about who is getting 'balanced'. 

Both are wrong with my intention.

Im not telling you to allow only german armament and limit russian one, flak planes etc. I want all sides play with his own things. Does not matter if germans has better bombs or russians have better jabos tanks or something,

As I understand there is a lack of a intermedium caliber AA and there is the german flack to solve the problem because 37mm is so powefull. I think there are more ways to solve the problem for example to low skill of the flack. If you go alone to attack a column is normal to die with 20mm, 25 or 37 but with more number will be easyer.

If in the real war was more difficult to attack a russian column congratulations no problem to put 25mm but if this gun was no numerous, or russians has no a flack doctrine as germans and they put not the same flack in his ground units i would like to see like this.

I know how difficult is to balance and if this was the real war germans have to be outnumbered but yaks would have so poor quality and aerodinamical isues in their wooden wings caused by weather and humity so... make the less balancing you can. 

I think i have no bad skill with G2 as you can see, so i dont think the problem is there. But if i can not take 1.42 ata on some situations you can understand that im more restricted and if the 109 is my faborite plane i want it at full capabilities to learn and exploit to his limits.

Is my opinion

Sorry if I use a lot  this !!! spanish people in general are so loud eplaning itself.

Saludos.

Edited by E69_geramos109

They started shooting parachutes, we repay the same.

I don't know where i heard "they started" mentality.... maybe human conflict, this is a game we play for fun so keep it mannered.

I've had it only happen to me from guys that are disconnecting in combat and do other things (we're gathering evidence). If that stuff happens in a 2 vs 18 balance situation this will basically a fuck you I'll use everything i can to win harder and boost my stats ego.

If you wanna simulate war because you are so hardcore, just read a memoir of a frontline soldier in the east maybe you'll change your opinion. This is just an exchange of fun vs ... real world dicks, yes there where many occasions in the 2nd WW where prisoners where shot... but in reality humans have trouble shooting somebody face to face when not threatened. 

Greetings

Edited by N3croo
  • Upvote 1

Hi Kathon

I have no experience even though I have many successful missions..... is it because I registered wrong name? I registered Dendro instead of my full name JG19_DendroAspis

How can I fix this?

post-20329-0-72304800-1469973120_thumb.gif

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JG19_DendroAspis

Hi Kathon

I have no experience even though I have many successful missions..... is it because I registered wrong name? I registered Dendro instead of my full name JG19_DendroAspis

How can I fix this?

attachicon.gifstats.gif

Thanks in advance.

Your experience is based on Air Kills, Ground Kills, Flight time,Sucesful landings, Deaths, Captured, Bails out. You get '+' exp for AK, GK, FT,Landed and '-' for DEAD,CAP,BAIL.

Your real current expierience is -198.

Edited by =LG=Wicher

A suggestion to the creators :

perhaps it would be helpful if any successful resupply mission would be counted as a combat mission, regardless of duration (or maybe min duration would be the same as for kills - 5 mins).

Most airfields are less than 15 mins distance from each other with the Pe2, so there is no real motive-from the stats point of view. Right now, players only risk getting shot down when they fly resupply. With that modification, there would be a motive - get another aircraft- plus pilots would help their team at the same time.

Edited by [DBS]airdoc
  • Upvote 2

I tried to shoot one pilot in a chute in one of my missions and felt really bad about it. Luckly I missed the pass and decided not to shoot the poor fela as i indeed agree it is not very corteous so however that pilot was my sincere apologies

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Thx Riksen!

I haven't been shot on chute by you or anybody else myself, but to see there is also voices like yours reconciles me a lot with all this.

Both are wrong with my intention.

Im not telling you to allow only german armament and limit russian one, flak planes etc. I want all sides play with his own things. Does not matter if germans has better bombs or russians have better jabos tanks or something,

As I understand there is a lack of a intermedium caliber AA and there is the german flack to solve the problem because 37mm is so powefull. I think there are more ways to solve the problem for example to low skill of the flack. If you go alone to attack a column is normal to die with 20mm, 25 or 37 but with more number will be easyer.

If in the real war was more difficult to attack a russian column congratulations no problem to put 25mm but if this gun was no numerous, or russians has no a flack doctrine as germans and they put not the same flack in his ground units i would like to see like this.

I know how difficult is to balance and if this was the real war germans have to be outnumbered but yaks would have so poor quality and aerodinamical isues in their wooden wings caused by weather and humity so... make the less balancing you can. 

I think i have no bad skill with G2 as you can see, so i dont think the problem is there. But if i can not take 1.42 ata on some situations you can understand that im more restricted and if the 109 is my faborite plane i want it at full capabilities to learn and exploit to his limits.

Is my opinion

Sorry if I use a lot  this !!! spanish people in general are so loud eplaning itself.

Saludos.

We were doing private tests.

Then we had a test season.

Was testing Ace & Veteran level of AAA, was testing the 20mm and 37mm effects.

And now you are coming here only with own opinion and saying that we are wrong.

No.

You are wrong. 

We do the balance to keep teams balanced and gave similar chances for victory for both sides to atract people for flying the same for blue like for the reds.

If some of you guys just dont understand its a real shame.

Cheers!

About the chutekilling.

TAW is a online war. All in all, we all know IL-2 is a game only, but TAW is simulation of WWII conflict.

Chutekilling and vulch is allowed here as a one of the options for a victory.

This is your private business what kind of beer you drink, music you listen and do you do/accept chutekilling or no.

Plz create another topic where you will leave all your complains about how life is hard on OstFront and how chivlaric you are.\

If you take a plane in combat simulator you accept the terms of being killed, killing someone, end of the story.

I remind some of you that Flight Simulator still exist and can give you enormous tons of excitement without dirty war  for sure.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

We were doing private tests.

Then we had a test season.

Was testing Ace & Veteran level of AAA, was testing the 20mm and 37mm effects.

And now you are coming here only with own opinion and saying that we are wrong.

No.

You are wrong. 

We do the balance to keep teams balanced and gave similar chances for victory for both sides to atract people for flying the same for blue like for the reds.

If some of you guys just dont understand its a real shame.

Cheers!

So you are giving me the right. 

Test, test and more test to balance. 

Balance all the time is the problem. German and Russian army were so different. Different tactics, diferent doctrine of fighters, different armament... Is imposible to balance that without puting forced situations like the 20mm, bombs and others.

Why we can not respect the good and bad things of both armys?

Id like to have the better plane but id like to feel like hartman or other aces flying 8 agains a low large formations of russians.

I understand peope choose the side because they like some plane, faction and a lot of them play same faction allways. They are not to change faction because they have no 1000kg bombs, or they have no a good intermediate caliber flack. They will try to adapt tactics with their armament, planes etc. 

I like to fly axis and if in other maps, games if we are in disadvantage i will fly axis too and im not going to change my side (at least my squad want to change side to respect teammates who likes more the russians). But if we lose or win is with honor and not because balancing.

Simulation and balancing are contradictory. 

I dont want to make longer this but it seems that balancing allways affects only german side. Seems that they never can be better in something than reds without "balancing"

Saludos

Edited by E69_geramos109

So you are giving me the right.  Test, test and more test to balance. 

If the admins didnt balance the server, it would never populate and the server would most likely close. While I do agree its nice to each side having its good/bad things, right now the best thing is to balance everything on the server so people start joining it.

I think your point is pretty valid, but I would wait until the server have a good consolidated number of players before changing on the balance of things. 

Edited by Herr_Istruba

Good job with shooting to Pe-2 crash landing on heavy smoke Deschain.

I was following him and making safe attacks from right to left, smoked him badly and forced to land but you came and shoot while he was on 2-3 meters.

Stealing is one of the most disgusting things in this game.

No respect.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20534&name==UTG=Bobrik

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

I was following him and making safe attacks from right to left, smoked him badly and forced to land but you came and shoot while he was on 2-3 meters.

No respect.

Not as bad as getting killed by a friendly that you did everything in your power to show them your faction emblem. What's worse is that was my last fighter. Getting 5 combat missions when all you have is an IL2 isn't as easy as I imagined.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20614&name=19.G//p3zman

No respect.

I was following him aswell straight from a dogfight me and my number had over the airfield with cutlass in P40, there was several bf 109 chasing it i was really careful not to shoot over anyone head, once i was in shooting position I sprayed him just out of misery, because my front shield and croshair was badly damaged, i was mainly chasing him to give my number clear instructions where it is, it was not my intention to shot it down, it just happened what can i say, shot like that is 1 out 1000 , plane has been stolen from me many times, thats just bad luck.

PS: heres my cockpit at the time of "steal", also Pe wasnt landing, i wouldnt shoot at landing plane, PE was dodging trees while I shot

20160731204611_1_zpsrdn7oevc.jpg

Edited by I./JG1_Deschain

No respect.

TAW is a online war. All in all, we all know IL-2 is a game only, but TAW is simulation of WWII conflict.

Chutekilling and vulch is allowed here as a one of the options for a victory.

This is your private business what kind of beer you drink, music you listen and do you do/accept chutekilling or no.

Plz create another topic where you will leave all your complains about how life is hard on OstFront and how chivlaric you are.\

If you take a plane in combat simulator you accept the terms of being killed, killing someone, end of the story.

I remind some of you that Flight Simulator still exist and can give you enormous tons of excitement without dirty war  for sure.

You accept chutekilling and strafing ditched plane and you don't accept stealing ?

It's your rules, ok, but not the opinion of everyone. For lots of us found chutekilling and finishing a ditched pilot pretty wrong.

Perhaps not all of us are playing for the leaderboard.

Edited by -IRRE-Biluf
  • Upvote 1

I have less problems accepting someone stealing my kill than someone shooting my parachute or straffing while I ditched my plane. It's more or less the same lack of respect to me. 

Blakhart, maybe you and Wicher don't have problems with pointless chutekilling but it seems that a lot of people here do.

I don't see how this even might be an "option for victory" as it serves absolutely no purpose in the game. It's just frustrating for the guy on the wrong end of the gun.

You have set a lot of polls to ask us about what would WE like to see in TAW so that the majority of us enjoy the server.

I think that would make another interesting poll subject.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 5

"All is fair in love and war"

Unless of course i'm on a streak of 99 air kills and someone shoots me in my chute,

Then id be really really p*ssed off!     :lol:

I have less problems accepting someone stealing my kill than someone shooting my parachute or straffing while I ditched my plane. It's more or less the same lack of respect to me. 

Blakhart, maybe you and Wicher don't have problems with pointless chutekilling but it seems that a lot of people here do.

I don't see how this even might be an "option for victory" as it serves absolutely no purpose in the game. It's just frustrating for the guy on the wrong end of the gun.

You have set a lot of polls to ask us about what would WE like to see in TAW so that the majority of us enjoy the server.

I think that would make another interesting poll subject.

But shooting down plane which is about to ditch. Throw all lead from all cannons from 190 - what looks like execution is fine to You?

Edited by 307_Tomcat

But shooting down plane which is about to ditch. Throw all lead from all cannons from 190 - what looks like execution is fine to You?

Almost every single time I'm about to ditch a german plane there's a russian plane shooting me and yet I never complained....  

Almost every single time I'm about to ditch a german plane there's a russian plane shooting me and yet I never complained....  

And? 

War was worse and there was an honor code for pilots. Russia did not sign war rules of ginebra and the code still valid for pilots.

This is a game and there is any reason to kill a chute like in real situation where the pilot lives and tomorrow can kill you.

Is not forbiden in game but i will have no respect for a pilot who shots me on the chute. I will remember his name for sure

Edited by E69_geramos109

... and I am not complained too. I think rules are clear on this server for all. We want to fly tactically simulating conflict and as we all know military conflicts are not equal with gentleman hand shake. Maybe now someone have been shoot by the enemy but in next war he will fight with him along against the enemy arm by arm. That's how it goes.

• Upvote 1

Ban all 23mm. It can penetrate the cockpit and kill me. I dont like it. 

sarcasm

Edited by Fern
  • Upvote 2