=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 минуту назад, CptSiddy сказал:

No, F-2 is already a superior mount than any plane available to VVS save from Yak-1. Having a lineup of 3 of them with +1 is out of the question. 

Say it Mig 3

4 minutes ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Say it Mig 3

Are you suggesting that F-2 is inferior or at least, at the par with Mig-3? 

10 минут назад, CptSiddy сказал:

Are you suggesting that F-2 is inferior or at least, at the par with Mig-3? 

I'm sure of it. F2 can be faster only 1-3 min, after 10 min afterburner Mig3 faster. Check yourself. Mig3 better climb. 

MC202 fihgter from P40, but no Lagg.

Edited by JGr8_Leopard

3 minutes ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

I'm sure of it. F2 can be faster only 1-3 min, after 10 min afterburner Mig3 faster. Check yourself. Mig3 better climb. 

MC202 fihgter from P40, but no Lagg.

I will need more than your word to be convinced that Mig-3, that has worse weight to HP ratio and worse wing loading to have better climb than F-2.

Perhaps some test data? 

• Upvote 1

Single flight, same altitude airhorizon and run! Adjust the radiators so that there is no overheating and make sure. 

If you fly on these planes, it's strange that you did not notice it.

Mig climbs worse than a F-2 but is faster. You just need enough seperation. Steep climbs work best against the mig. Because weight and the wing loading.
In those situations you have stay out of gun range. and that is hard. 

3 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Hi guys

Today there was a very unpleasant accident, and now I am interested if there is any way to avoid this situation in future. I am talking about insult and rudeness on the server's chat.

Briefly, I damaged a friendly plane by mistake, apologized twice, despite it was insulted by a guy, nickname red_October, seems he was a German, but we quickly calmed down. Then his friend, Russian guy, named Ms_Fox, just jumped in and insulted me and my squad for no reason in front of all virtual pilot's community. I joined the team speak, found red_October, and after the quick chat we seemed to understand each other and agreed to watch the language in the chat, it's a public chat after all. In the same room his friend, the russian guy, Ms_Fox, was sitting, and when I mentioned his name and his rudeness, he started talking and continued insulting me. I know it's a very embarrassing moment because I can't do much in return, but I think we need to create some kind of chat rules and ban anyone who is trying to be rude and insult other players no matter what happens during the server's session.

We are all trying to create a friendly and positive atmosphere playing and learning together, and this type of manners really brings this effort down. 

Sorry to hear that Obi. Accidents happen and I hope you can ignore the likes of Fox. Overall, the TAW community is quite nice when they r not shooting each others chutes lol

4 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Here is a clip of what heavy rain will look like on a cockpit. 

Prop wash this is a jet engine if im not mistaken . But thank you for the post .

Edited by II./JG77_Con

3 minutes ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Prop wash this is a jet engine if im not mistaken .

Wind is wind, no matter what is the source.

Wind is wind, yes.  But wind at 400 kph is different from 100 kph.  Plus, prop wash is generally higher velocity to the relative wind, so it will look different in different stages of flight than to jet.  

Similar, but it's like comparing oranges to tangerines (variant of the parent being compared).

17 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Yes it has nothing to do with the fact that we are not flying 10 vs 60 anymore. No, it's the weather. Because balance. Sometimes really...

sides, planes and all other things aside, the weather frequency is a bit silly in my experience on the server this time around. 2/3s of all missions i've flown have been in low cloud and rain...its a bit tedious 

4 minutes ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

sides, planes and all other things aside, the weather frequency is a bit silly in my experience on the server this time around. 2/3s of all missions i've flown have been in low cloud and rain...its a bit tedious 

I must have been lucky for the most part. Only three missions were really bad. but I agree. We were considering to stay grounded in bad weather since its more a lottery than a competitive air combat. 
I didn't want to disagree as a whole with fenris comment(that the weather is anoying), but to claim its the weather and other small "Ninja bias tweaks" which make the Luftwaffe lose is so ridiculous.

Edited by DerSheriff

It was just an assumption, with the goal of balancing, as mentioned in the sentence. 

But thanks for setting that clear :)

BTW I'm glad it's balanced now. I played red last campaign for that very reason. 

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

7 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Hi guys

Today there was a very unpleasant accident, and now I am interested if there is any way to avoid this situation in future. I am talking about insult and rudeness on the server's chat.

Briefly, I damaged a friendly plane by mistake, apologized twice, despite it was insulted by a guy, nickname red_October, seems he was a German, but we quickly calmed down. Then his friend, Russian guy, named Ms_Fox, just jumped in and insulted me and my squad for no reason in front of all virtual pilot's community. I joined the team speak, found red_October, and after the quick chat we seemed to understand each other and agreed to watch the language in the chat, it's a public chat after all. In the same room his friend, the russian guy, Ms_Fox, was sitting, and when I mentioned his name and his rudeness, he started talking and continued insulting me. I know it's a very embarrassing moment because I can't do much in return, but I think we need to create some kind of chat rules and ban anyone who is trying to be rude and insult other players no matter what happens during the server's session.

We are all trying to create a friendly and positive atmosphere playing and learning together, and this type of manners really brings this effort down. 

Do you have screenshots or video ? I can understand that accidents can happen but insulting someone will not be tolerated and we will ban for it. You can PM me.

2 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

I've flown something like 20 hours in this campaign and only 20% of it was in rainy weather.

Each weather time has its advantages (rainy weather is just perfect for german bombers which with their heavy loads can do much damage and dont have to beg "hartmans" to come down from space and cover )To have only good weather would be just boring.

Anyway I think people go online to experience more difficult envirement and to learn something new. If someone wants instant gratification without the need to learn new tactics, abillities etc can always go and play offline missions which he can set as easy as he want. (blue weather, no aaa etc...)

And I'm sorry but the weather where You have 2000m cloud base and visbility in excess of 8km, some rain cant be classyfied as bad or unflyby weather. (maybe for gliders only...)

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Hi guys

Best way to avoid the situation? Identify aircraft properly before you fire. People do get pretty invested and emotional in this game, especially during campaigns like TAW (which is a big piece of what makes it fun). Sometimes you just have to accept getting your “dues” when you make a mistake. That said, sounds like things went overboard and I’m definitely not defending verbal abuse/bullying (should result in ban). Serves as an example that people should take a deep breath and exhale slowly while saying “it’s just a game” when stuff like this happens. Just keep this experience in mind, if you keep flying TAW you’ll likely be the victim of accidental friendly fire sometime. Set the gentlemanly example!

Rhetorical side-questions: What was the point of trying to specify the two player’s nationalities? Would it add or take away from things if they both were from Madagascar or something?

Edited by HenHawk

I am trying to find out what you need to destroy at Defense positions to take them out? Is it just the bunkers or everything?

6 minutes ago, Stewart said:

I am trying to find out what you need to destroy at Defense positions to take them out? Is it just the bunkers or everything?

bomb-errything.gif

2 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

It was just an assumption, with the goal of balancing, as mentioned in the sentence. 

But thanks for setting that clear :)

BTW I'm glad it's balanced now. I played red last campaign for that very reason. 

I have been wondering about this. I mean there was a lot of complaining during and after last TAW luftwaffe outnumbering VVS 60:10 like Sheriff put it. I am traveling now so I haven't participated to this one yet, but during the last round I never saw those kind of numbers. At best LW would have something like 50:30 advantage and most of the time it was other way around, VVS actually having more players than LW. So I am curious at what time did LW have this advantage? My usual flying hours were sometimes between 20 - 23 CET.

Hello all,

I tried connecting to the server but it says I am banned for "15 minutes". I am wondering, am I actually banned for something I did, or is this what happens when your pilot gets killed?

Kind regards,

Tipsi

2 minutes ago, Tipsi said:

Hello all,

I tried connecting to the server but it says I am banned for "15 minutes". I am wondering, am I actually banned for something I did, or is this what happens when your pilot gets killed?

Kind regards,

Tipsi

Same here... and next I get black screen... Wondering should I stop investing this game until webcode is repaired...

-Veccu-

Edited by LLv24_Veccu

2 minutes ago, Tipsi said:

Hallo alle,

Ich habe versucht, eine Verbindung zum Server herzustellen, aber es heißt, dass ich für "15 Minuten" gesperrt bin. Ich wundere mich, bin ich tatsächlich für etwas verboten, das ich tat, oder ist das was passiert, wenn Ihr Pilot getötet wird?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Tipps

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

Question, bombers as transports, can the defensive armament still  be loaded or must the plane be empty?

Defensive guns are fine, load them up. It is the bombs and any offensive armament, like the PE 2's .50 cal gun, are what you have to leave empty. You also need full fuel tanks and to land the plane undamaged.

5 hours ago, Carl_infar said:

I've flown something like 20 hours in this campaign and only 20% of it was in rainy weather.

Each weather time has its advantages (rainy weather is just perfect for german bombers which with their heavy loads can do much damage and dont have to beg "hartmans" to come down from space and cover )To have only good weather would be just boring.

Anyway I think people go online to experience more difficult envirement and to learn something new. If someone wants instant gratification without the need to learn new tactics, abillities etc can always go and play offline missions which he can set as easy as he want. (blue weather, no aaa etc...)

And I'm sorry but the weather where You have 2000m cloud base and visbility in excess of 8km, some rain cant be classyfied as bad or unflyby weather. (maybe for gliders only...)

Last 2 nights I've flown it has been 100% bad weather.  2 maps ie  4 hours is my standard online time in a night . 2 nights. 4 maps.  8 hours of bad weather

Every other night I've flown I've had at least one map of bad weather .

Not 8km vis either . More like 2-3km 

I assure you. These conditions are considered bad weather . I work in aviation . 

Added with the dusk maps where the last half hour is really quite dark there's simply too many occasions where it impacts on the enjoyment 

Don't get me wrong I love having weather in the campaign no one is suggesting blue skies only . That would be boring youre correct . Weather variation is geeat .....Just  not that much of it 

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

Added with the dusk maps where the last half hour is really quite dark there's simply too many occasions where it impacts on the enjoyment 

Don't get me wrong I love having weather in the campaign no one is suggesting blue skies only . That would be boring youre correct . Weather variation is geeat .....Just  not that much of it

I think it's great.  I really appreciate the immersion factor of not being able to see a thing.  I think it pulls everybody towards the ground attack targets where good fites can be had.

On 4/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, Wingleader425 said:

Try to start the engines separately that i find limits the number of times the engine will sputter out, with that they tend to fail once but on the second startup they will stay on. Sometimes they will take two or three times to start you just have to be patient.   

Thanks WL425. Seems to have worked.

• Like 1

14 часов назад, SCG_Riksen сказал:

Sorry to hear that Obi. Accidents happen and I hope you can ignore the likes of Fox. Overall, the TAW community is quite nice when they r not shooting each others chutes lol

11 часов назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

Do you have screenshots or video ? I can understand that accidents can happen but insulting someone will not be tolerated and we will ban for it. You can PM me.

8 часов назад, HenHawk сказал:

Best way to avoid the situation? Identify aircraft properly before you fire. People do get pretty invested and emotional in this game, especially during campaigns like TAW (which is a big piece of what makes it fun). Sometimes you just have to accept getting your “dues” when you make a mistake. That said, sounds like things went overboard and I’m definitely not defending verbal abuse/bullying (should result in ban). Serves as an example that people should take a deep breath and exhale slowly while saying “it’s just a game” when stuff like this happens. Just keep this experience in mind, if you keep flying TAW you’ll likely be the victim of accidental friendly fire sometime. Set the gentlemanly example!

Rhetorical side-questions: What was the point of trying to specify the two player’s nationalities? Would it add or take away from things if they both were from Madagascar or something?

Thanks you all for your replies. Appreciate your opinions and advises.

So will try to answer them all in one post...

1. I didn't make any screenshots or videos, wasn't ready for this kind of conversation. There were many witnesses but I hate recalling this incident, so prefer to forget it to follow one's suggestion, but definitely will remember Ms_Fox; by saying the words he did, it's a serious insult in Russia, and definitely if he had said it to my face, I doubt he would have escaped that situation easily, but agree, in a chat we are all heroes. If it happens again, will definitely do it so that we know who is who in our virtual pilots community, there are not too many of us and we need to enjoy playing together, not fighting and insulting, that's just not right.

2. We all make mistakes, and apologize for them. Friendly fire happens even during the real-time all time, happens in the game, in any game, I got shot some times, once game, it happens, no hard feeling at all from my side, it is not easy to learn to fly with so many competent pilots. No need to be rude and have it as a reason to insult people, we are not playing or loosing the money, we are learning and having fun. I don't understand what someone means by accepting consequences if you shoot someone by mistake and apologize (by the way Ms_Fox wasn't even part of it, he just jumped in to insult by squad members and then myself)... maybe I should send him money for it to compensate his lose of plane, kind of silly isn't it? Let's say someone pushed me on a street by mistake, maybe instead of apologize to each other that guy should take the consequences and to be punched to his face? Sound reasonable) 

3. I mentioned their nationality because I noticed them as extra details and also did notice that most rudeness, negative emotions and bad wording unfortunately mostly come from the Russian community though my squad is made of very friendly, positive and mature people so Ms_Fox insult and aggression towards my squad members made me much anger as if he would have just said it to me. I was surprised that

German player was rude but after quick talk we quickly resolved it, and he had a reason to be pissed off and never went to that level of wording, with Ms_Fox the situation was completely different, all possible extremely dirty words he seems ever seen or heard with one reason, to insult me as much as he could.

Let's close this topic for now, it's shared in our community, let's hope it would never happen again and it will be the lesson for everyone who might read it for future and will help us to stay withing the border.

Thanks again for your attention. I really like the community of the TAW server!

I flew my first TAW mission in a while last night (this time as a Russki flying a PE-2). The enemy target was a defensive position W of Kalinin so only about 10 mins flight time. When i spawned in it was all white and blinding snow falling...for the first time I saw the new windscreen graphics for rain, etc - all i can say is wow!!! It looked so realistic, the snow falling, the water/snow effects on the windscreen and windows, and especially the light fog closer to the ground. What would've capped it off would've been snow on the wings! lol

Anyway, went over to the target, bombed (hit the target squarely but only damaged a Panzer IV i think) then returned and landed safely. This sim just gets better and better.

Is there a link to the requirements for the medals and diplomas for TAW. I can't seem to find a legend for them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

Last 2 nights I've flown it has been 100% bad weather.  2 maps ie  4 hours is my standard online time in a night . 2 nights. 4 maps.  8 hours of bad weather

Every other night I've flown I've had at least one map of bad weather .

Not 8km vis either . More like 2-3km 

I assure you. These conditions are considered bad weather . I work in aviation . 

Personally i didn't see even one map with overcast rainy weather where visibility was lower than 8km and with ridiculusly high cloud base  never lower than something like 2000m - for europe the 2000m cloud base is high even in summer and hier you have it not a tad lower even in winter overcast snowy weather, so forgive me but that are not bad weather conditions (heck even in the darkest minute of dusk and dawn map you can see well beyond 5km which at my place even so many years back,  was the minimum visual (500/5 - 500m cloud base and 5 km visibility, not the night flying i mean) condition for PPL student solo cross country flight (many years back meaning map, compass and clock navigation, without NDB,  VOR, GPS aids - NDB,VOR... was of course invented, i'm not 100 old :) but, equipment for receiving not installed on airplane)

2 km would mean that you see only something like 500m beyond the end of runway, and even that visual conditions are still not the ones which would acc. to regualtions at my place forbid flying (of course students etc.. excluded)

And for me the dusk and down maps add to immersion, when for example escape from target in last minutes of dying light...

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Upvote 1

Hi, probably bug of stats, my engine was damaged by HE-111and when returning to home airfield, engine stopped working, so i was gliding. Probably will not make it to the airfield, but very close for sure, resulting in ditched plane, which is gona be resuplied after few missions. But while gliding, mission ends and as result, i have completely lost my aircraft with crashed status, which is not true. I was still over 1km above ground prepering for emergency landing. I dont want my Yak back, i can live with that:-), but want to report this for future possible improvements, because i think in this case, airplane should be at the end of mission considered as ditched.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=24160&name=Hot_Dog

Edited by Hot_Dog

35 minutes ago, Hot_Dog said:

Hi, probably bug of stats, my engine was damaged by HE-111and when returning to home airfield, engine stopped working, so i was gliding. Probably will not make it to the airfield, but very close for sure, resulting in ditched plane, which is gona be resuplied after few missions. But while gliding, mission ends and as result, i have completely lost my aircraft with crashed status, which is not true. I was still over 1km above ground prepering for emergency landing. I dont want my Yak back, i can live with that:-), but want to report this for future possible improvements, because i think in this case, airplane should be at the end of mission considered as ditched.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=24160&name=Hot_Dog

I had the same last campaign. 

On a sidenote can Kathon give us the statistics of the aircraft losses of the current campaign?

Both teams, sorted by Accidents/Crashes, AA, enemy players?
If yes, that would nice. 

I've done just over 21 hours in TAW, yet can only recount 3 or 4 occasions where there was bad weather. Most of the time its clear skies, after that its clear with medium cloud.

Again the time of day is mostly day time, had only 2 or 3 flights there were at dusk, and it only gets dark near the end of the mission.

To me the mig feels pretty fast up against the F2, if the mig has even a few hundred meters height advantage you will not shake him and as soon as you get into a dogfight its game over unless he makes a mistake.

Can you keep an eye on this fella. Not a stellar pilot but his plane has been seen to behave oddly by some and then there is the flight recording from week ago. Keep an eye on his TAS and IAS. 

http://taw.stg2.de/ru/pilot.php?name=Albadros

Here is a reconstruction of some flight record data of his plane from Berloga server, might be some weird lag, however, might be not. Looks fishy as heck. 

Edited by CptSiddy

4 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Can you keep an eye on this fella. Not a stellar pilot but his plane has been seen to behave oddly by some and then there is the flight recording from week ago. Keep an eye on his TAS and IAS. 

http://taw.stg2.de/ru/pilot.php?name=Albadros

Here is a reconstruction of some flight record data of his plane from Berloga server, might be some weird lag, however, might be not. Looks fishy as heck. 

I'm watching this and I can see he's really doing a good job of managing his radiators.

27 minutes ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I'm watching this and I can see he's really doing a good job of managing his radiators.

Right? And look how well he has calibrated his flux capacitor. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CptSiddy said:

Right? And look how well he has calibrated his flux capacitor. 

I'm sorry, is this some sort of joke I don't understand?

23 minutes ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I'm sorry, is this some sort of joke I don't understand?

No, no, did you not read the secrit documents about F-4?

The secrit experimental models has it installed so they could go Mach 0.88.