=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

15 minutes ago, Haza said:

Gents,

I for one am totally over the moon that this video has attracted so much attention and "up-votes" and "likes" from so many players as I'm sure that any video(s) that will attract more players into this sim and even more into the MP area is good for us all in the long term and hopefully will generate greater revenue for Jason's team and hopefully we will get more Great Battles. 

However, having said that, it is just a shame that there are a few players who have mentioned this video or continually keep trying to highlight it in this forum, do not actually appear to be currently playing in this latest TAW campaign or indeed appear to have little inter-actions in WOL, which is another very popular MP. 

Therefore gents, please do not feel shy, as I'm sure if you are able to mock me in this open forum, although you might be from another forum, I'm sure we would all like to perhaps see you in this latest TAW campaign, as since the latest patch up-dates the game is amazing and the TAW guys just seem to be making the campagins better and better.  That said, we have a lot to thank these guys for and I will certainly be making a donation to TAW and would encourage everybody to do what ever they can to keep this server running. 

So please feel free to join us in this fantastic MP server, as it would be really good to see some of you actually in the MP game on a regular bases and perhaps you could wing up with MK.MRx in a big sortie and chase those bombers with him and perhaps make your own videos of shooting me down, how exciting would that be for you, hey!?  However, if you are new and TAW is a little bit too hard-core for you, WOL is another server, although that has GPS enabled.

Regards and happy hunting!

I love seeing the high road taken.  😎

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to remind you guys, that personal insults got this thread closed a while back. Thank you Haza for not going down that road. 

• Upvote 1

Valse - permanent ban on entry

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I have to say that the weather parameters that we get when it rains are quite horrible, also theres a rendering issue making the planes appear white from a distance and when you get close you can't see anything behind you because of the rain drops so at the moment one could argue that this is not very viable gameplay wise at least with these settings.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but when there was such heavy rain and low clouds I'm pretty sure that nobody would fly the rain would make the ground soft and make it impossible for most planes to take off at least in dirt let alone see anything and navigate (in the real war).

Could it be possible to get at least a bit less rain if thats even possible or at least a better visibility with a higher layer of clouds?

Also please do something about AAA at least on the objectives theres so much of it (on depots) and it's so accurate because ace AAA is basically aimbotting that it makes dive bombing near impossible and very deadly and I doubt its very realistic that AAA gets hits most of the time in a dive and also with poor visibility let alone the fact that AAA is just broken in this game and will hit you throught forests and see throught obstacles so i'm asking you please no more ace AAA on objectives it's already hard enought to dive bomb due to the sheer amount of batteries sometimes and it kinda ruins the fun.

Honestly TAW is the only server where I get shot down and murdered  by AAA more often than by enemy fighters.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Eeeeh, I just got captured while bailing inside German territory while flying German... I was pretty close to front (maybe 1km), but i am positive I was in german territory

Is that due to :

- Frontline on map does not accuratley show the 'real' frontline?

- there is a chance you get captured, even when landing in your own territory if it's close to the front?

1 minute ago, HandyNasty said:

Eeeeh, I just got captured while bailing inside German territory while flying German... I was pretty close to front (maybe 1km), but i am positive I was in german territory

Is that due to :

- there is a chance you get captured, even when landing in your own territory if it's close to the front?

The latter.  I think the chance of it happening decreases incrementally from the frontline.  It's probably in the manual.

Once, a few campaigns, ago I was captured at my own airfield!

48 minutes ago, HandyNasty said:

Is that due to :

Something doesn't seem right. Normally on your sortie statistics it states the sector you bailed or were captured in.

For your captured sortie, that detail isn't there.

2 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Something doesn't seem right. Normally on your sortie statistics it states the sector you bailed or were captured in.

For your captured sortie, that detail isn't there.

huh yes indeed, hadn't noticed. Weird...

Bug?

Hello LG / Admins,

during this sortie http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16850&name=Fenris_Wolf the pilot =FPS=Cutlass rammed me at 15:20:00, who was too horny for a kill.

He hit the target once, it appears here in the logs: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16909&name=III./JG5_Golan_Heights

His plane was invulnerable and did not take damage. It would explain him being reckless? How can this be? Null damage even though he crashed into me? He did not even apologize. Here is his sortie log. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16937&name==FPS=Cutlass

He took not one ounce of damage, and I got captured.

Please take a look at the time-stamps. Please look at your server logs. Thank you. :unsure:

Lag. A known issue at that.

Not everything is a cheat...

Edited by wellenbrecher

Wellenbrecher, you mentioned cheat. Let's not dive into such a discussion.

So, an aircraft that was not there hit me, and didn't get damaged by itself, but I got rammed and I lost plane by a ghost - a ghost which didn't hit me? :o: My pilot is now in Gulag.. :dry:

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

You're the one insinuating it, don't try to put the blame on wellenbrecher for going down that road.

He probably didn't take damage because of lag - to put it very simply the game has to predict where the aircraft are moving to a certain extent, and on your end they collided, where on his end they probably had a near miss.  This happens all the time. 

that is a common occurance. The networking of the game works in a parcicular way that allows for such things. Its easy to say "that must be fixed". But netcoding is  a complex thing. If you ever played the Battlefield series you might remember the "TV Rocket" bug. A rocket hits a moving target but does no damage, but impacts the object physically.
Similar story here. 

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Hello LG / Admins,

during this sortie http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16850&name=Fenris_Wolf the pilot =FPS=Cutlass rammed me at 15:20:00, who was too horny for a kill.

He hit the target once, it appears here in the logs: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16909&name=III./JG5_Golan_Heights

His plane was invulnerable and did not take damage. It would explain him being reckless? How can this be? Null damage even though he crashed into me? He did not even apologize. Here is his sortie log. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16937&name==FPS=Cutlass

He took not one ounce of damage, and I got captured.

Please take a look at the time-stamps. Please look at your server logs. Thank you. :unsure:

maybe this is the same fight

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass
  • Upvote 1

Guys! I will be the 1st person to agree with anyone that has unequivocal (not open to more than one interpretation; unambiguous) proof of cheating. 

It is in very bad taste to come here to this public place with no evidence other than "what you think happened". It's disrespectful and juvenile to insult someone because your virtual  pilot (i.e. not real - no matter how much "real" time we spend playing this game) died and you are pissed off at yourself for not zigging when one should've zagged LOL.

Life isn't perfect - deal with it!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Guys! I will be the 1st person to agree with anyone that has unequivocal (not open to more than one interpretation; unambiguous) proof of cheating. 

It is in very bad taste to come here to this public place with no evidence other than "what you think happened". It's disrespectful and juvenile to insult someone because your virtual  pilot (i.e. not real - no matter how much "real" time we spend playing this game) died and you are pissed off at yourself for not zigging when one should've zagged LOL.

Life isn't perfect - deal with it!

That kind of attitude does nothing to help the fact that there really are cheaters out there playing this game.

They are very hard to catch with irrefutable evidence (as not everyone is both aware of the cheaters whilst regularly recording tracks/compiling videos). However, it becomes orders of magnitude less hard if enough awareness and suspicions are raised around a certain individual.

Evidence can start coming from there and therefore if these suspicions aren't raised in the first place, people may as well bury their heads in the sand and nothing will get done whilst the cheating goes on with impunity.

A cheater was caught red handed on another server just recently after people started calling him out. It could have been very easy to dismiss these claims as being mistook for lag in this instance, and I'll admit that I straight away dismissed it at first. However, people were made aware and he was luckily recorded and caught red handed in the act with action taken against the reprobate.

For all we know, this said cheater could be playing on this server, and it would certainly not help to remain head in sand and belittling anybody for calling out such reprehensible abuse. 

Regards

Edited by Mcdaddy

34 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

That kind of attitude does nothing to help the fact that there really are cheaters out there playing this.

They are very hard to catch with irrefutable evidence (as not everyone is both aware of the cheating whilst regularly recording tracks/compiling videos). However, it becomes orders of magnitude less hard if enough awareness and suspicions are raised around a certain individual.

Evidence can start coming from there and if therefore if these suspicions aren't raised in the first place, people may as well bury their heads in the sand and nothing will get done whilst the cheating goes on with impunity.

A cheater was caught red handed on another server just recently after people started calling him out. It could have been very easy to dismiss these claims as being mistook for lag in this instance. However, people were made aware and he was luckily recorded and caught red handed in the act with action taken against the reprobate.

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.
Violations of this rule will result in the following:

First offense - 3 days ban on entry
Second offense - 7 days of the ban on entry
Third offense - 30 day ban on entry

• Upvote 1

Hello CheersDakpilot,

Fenris never accused anyone of cheating. Only the likes of Tuesday and Wellenbrecher have put those words  into his mouth. 

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

Hello CheersDakpilot,

Fenris never accused anyone of cheating. Only the likes of Tuesday and Wellenbrecher have put those words  into his mouth. 

Nice try.

1 hour ago, Mcdaddy said:

Hello CheersDakpilot,

Cute. Really, really cute.

"Please check the server logs this isn't right."

->

"I NEVER SAID HE WAS CHEATING!"

No reason to wax all melodramatic about "reprehensible abuse" on the one hand and then accusing others of... I don't even know what you are trying to say there... :huh:

As was noted above, instances of getting lag rammed like that are unfortunately par for the course on any populated server. I find it more telling that you never witnessed it before.

Are you guys that thick again? I *asked* what happened there. It was explained by lag. 

You either stop this fighting again, or this thread will get locked again. You should learn from what the mods said last time... 

This is LG's thread and its annoying enough that a few hot headed people got it locked once already. Just stop. 

Edited by Fenris_Wolf
Mobile's autocorrection struck
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Mcdaddy said:

Hello CheersDakpilot,

But YOU are calling for "cheaters" to be publicly outed without evidence

this is against rules and best dealt with by contacting administrators not wild accusations and rumour mongering as YOU have also done 

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 4

A little help here regarding start up for Pe2. On start up the engine keeps sputtering and stops. Repeatedly.

Here's my pre-start up:

- throttle set to 10%

- mixture set to 90%

What am I doing wrong?

I am currently unable to connect to the server.

It get stuck in server selection screen and downloading files from the server.

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I am currently unable to connect to the server.

It get stuck in server selection screen and downloading files from the server.

Same here.

25 minutes ago, gx007 said:

A little help here regarding start up for Pe2. On start up the engine keeps sputtering and stops. Repeatedly.

Here's my pre-start up:

- throttle set to 10%

- mixture set to 90%

What am I doing wrong?

Try to start the engines separately that i find limits the number of times the engine will sputter out, with that they tend to fail once but on the second startup they will stay on. Sometimes they will take two or three times to start you just have to be patient.   

Missions with normal weather, without sunsets, dawns and rains happen? Too many missions with poor visibility, the eyes tire of constantly peering into the darkness.

• Upvote 1

It's true, Russia doesn't have German/Polish weather, it's continental weather. The amount of clear skies is amazing irl, especially when you're used to central Europe where it rains half of the year.

I believe this is made due to balance reasons. Last campaign the LW wiped the floor. This time there is some correction, by community, and by mission designer as well - just an assumption. Anyway, safe flying, ;) don't bump into lag ;)

On 21.4.2018 at 7:44 PM, =FPS=Cutlass said:

maybe this is the same fight

Да, именно этот бой. Невезение, только лаг как я спросило. Люди кричат чит, но не я, им нужен кирпич :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

It's true, Russia doesn't have German/Polish weather, it's continental weather. The amount of clear skies is amazing irl, especially when you're used to central Europe where it rains half of the year.

I believe this is made due to balance reasons. Last campaign the LW wiped the floor. This time there is some correction, by community, and by mission designer as well - just an assumption. Anyway, safe flying, ;) don't bump into lag ;)

Да, именно этот бой. Невезение, только лаг как я спросило. Люди кричат чит, но не я, им нужен кирпич :biggrin:

Yes it has nothing to do with the fact that we are not flying 10 vs 60 anymore. No, it's the weather. Because balance. Sometimes really...

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Missions with normal weather, without sunsets, dawns and rains happen? Too many missions with poor visibility, the eyes tire of constantly peering into the darkness.

we had 3 or 4 maps today with weather in which birds would walk. But then again, in autumn, Mother Russia is famous for its "rasputinitsa" weather.  

I personally love night/dusk maps. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CptSiddy said:

we had 3 or 4 maps today with weather in which birds would walk. But then again, in autumn, Mother Russia is famous for its "rasputinitsa" weather.  

I personally love night/dusk maps. 

Yeah. So thick that birds would walk and fish can fly. Rasputinitsa in full effect. Afterwards, general moro3 follows.

Night rocks, remember us racing Lavotschiki around hostile supply routes on the deck last TAW campaign, outnumbered like partisans. No better immersion man:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't the prop wash clear the gun sight picture .Not flown in real bad weather . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Could someone explain to me why cold start is used on the server? The more I think about it the less sense it makes. There is a whole airbase worth of people, in all the buildings I see I assume, but nobody could be bothered to warm up the plane, or the coolant, before the mission started? I mean what are the ground crews doing? Am I supposed to understand that I am doing all the ground crew work myself? The fueling, weapon mounting and arming and repairs and so on; but still didn't think to preheat the engine. If that is the case it is a wonder I have any time to go out on a flight at all. Or is every flight a scramble? But most of the time I start up there are no enemies attacking the field. No matter how I turn it over or twist things I can't find a way that this makes sense. Anyone out there have the answer I am missing?

7 minutes ago, Disarray said:

Could someone explain to me why cold start is used on the server? The more I think about it the less sense it makes. There is a whole airbase worth of people, in all the buildings I see I assume, but nobody could be bothered to warm up the plane, or the coolant, before the mission started? I mean what are the ground crews doing? Am I supposed to understand that I am doing all the ground crew work myself? The fueling, weapon mounting and arming and repairs and so on; but still didn't think to preheat the engine. If that is the case it is a wonder I have any time to go out on a flight at all. Or is every flight a scramble? But most of the time I start up there are no enemies attacking the field. No matter how I turn it over or twist things I can't find a way that this makes sense. Anyone out there have the answer I am missing?

Dude - you are preaching to the choir! :)

We have discussed this to the point of nausea. We all know the mechanics would have the engines warmed before a mission (...from what we have read anyway). However, what is being simulated is an alarm start (...I guess).  

7 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Wouldn't the prop wash clear the gun sight picture .Not flow in real bad weather . 

Here is a clip of what heavy rain will look like on a cockpit. 

• Like 2

3 map maybe planeset  2 Mig3, 1 P40, 1 LaGG, 1 Yak vs 1 F4,  leave, but 2 MC202 why? He concede LaGG and Yak and Mig3, P40 also 1. Maybe 1 MC202 and 3 F2?

• Haha 1

Hi guys

Today there was a very unpleasant accident, and now I am interested if there is any way to avoid this situation in future. I am talking about insult and rudeness on the server's chat.

Briefly, I damaged a friendly plane by mistake, apologized twice, despite it was insulted by a guy, nickname red_October, seems he was a German, but we quickly calmed down. Then his friend, Russian guy, named Ms_Fox, just jumped in and insulted me and my squad for no reason in front of all virtual pilot's community. I joined the team speak, found red_October, and after the quick chat we seemed to understand each other and agreed to watch the language in the chat, it's a public chat after all. In the same room his friend, the russian guy, Ms_Fox, was sitting, and when I mentioned his name and his rudeness, he started talking and continued insulting me. I know it's a very embarrassing moment because I can't do much in return, but I think we need to create some kind of chat rules and ban anyone who is trying to be rude and insult other players no matter what happens during the server's session.

We are all trying to create a friendly and positive atmosphere playing and learning together, and this type of manners really brings this effort down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

3 map maybe planeset  2 Mig3, 1 P40, 1 LaGG, 1 Yak vs 1 F4,  leave, but 2 MC202 why? He concede LaGG and Yak and Mig3, P40 also 1. Maybe 1 MC202 and 3 F2?

No, F-2 is already a superior mount than any plane available to VVS save from Yak-1. Having a lineup of 3 of them with +1 is out of the question. 

• Haha 1