=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

To be honest it is a big surprise that the blue team got more tanks than the red team did.

I was sure that the red team would win almost all maps because of the ground conditions.

The only explanation that I have is that the number of the red players is not big enough.

Blue has good strike planes, but 61k is an enemy you're not messing with :biggrin: Its actually nice because there was a lot more ground attack this round with less of the deadly AA.

¿Alguien sabe dónde venden los cascos Kevlar para el "simulador"? Cada vez que trato de volar una misión, me acaba de disparar un tiro en la cabeza, un tiro y me lleva el viento, ¿te sucede? Entiendo que puede suceder, pero como regla general cuando un humano me derriba con dos disparos y el primero en la cabeza lo veo como ridículo, o al menos volando como un alemán, volé mucho como el ruso, pero era raro cuando me mataron así, pero desde que cambió al campo alemán, los disparos de francotiradores son la norma diaria, tengo un asiento blindado en 110, un disparo que elude al artillero trasero y cruza el asiento ...

¿

Edited by =gRij=ToReRo

2 =LG=Kathon:

Can you publish the stats for the last map?

killed by AAA, player numbers for the both sides (summary for the flight hours), flight hours for the fighters, bombers.

Will be interesting to see.

Last map#5 was Moscow_North missions #156 to #225

1. killed by AA  

Allied 196

Axis 222

2. Flight time  

Allied 44%

Axis 56%

3. Flight time by type

Allied

Attacker 4%
Bomber 8%
Fighter 29%
Transport 2%

Axis
Attacker 8%
Bomber 10%
Fighter 33%
Transport 4%

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 3

Last map#5 was Moscow_North missions #156 to #225

1. killed by AA  

Allied 196

Axis 222

2. Flight time  

Allied 44%

Axis 56%

3. Flight time by type

Attacker 4%
Bomber 8%
Fighter 29%
Transport 2%

Axis
Attacker 8%
Bomber 10%
Fighter 33%
Transport 4%

Better AA #'s than we've seen in the past.

Also just fixed this for my eyes. :biggrin:

3. Flight time by type

Allied

Attacker 9%
Bomber 19%
Fighter 67%
Transport 5%

Axis
Attacker 15%
Bomber 18%
Fighter 59%
Transport 8%

Thank you Kathon for providing this info. It would be great if at the end of the TAW campaign we can have a 'friday news dump' of info :).

Thank you Kathon for providing this info. It would be great if at the end of the TAW campaign we can have a 'friday news dump' of info :).

+1 !

It would be nice if there is a "top alive pilots" statistic on "taw" webpage. 

Top Fighter, Top Bomber, Top Tank Killer...

• Upvote 1

You dont understand what i wrote?

"Top alive pilots". Pilots who have not died and have not been captured. 

All the pilots on the Top lists did not die. Those streaks are the current life.

All the pilots on the Top lists did not die. Those streaks are the current life.

:)  

When i say top "alive" pilots i mean pilots with: Deaths- 0, Captured- 0. 

Do you understand now?

I Think undestand u. :)

No exist the ranking you mean.   The most aproximate is current live status.  In taw u have all virtual lives u need.

Edited by RedEye_Tumu

:)

When i say top "alive" pilots i mean pilots with: Deaths- 0, Captured- 0.

Do you understand now?

That's gonna be a short list. Especially for attackers/bombers.
  • Upvote 1

Just a Question: Why is there a Penalty for Changing Sides? If you mistakenly "Dad-Click" the wrong Side you can't fly it anyways, so why Force them to wait for 15 Minutes?

Just a Question: Why is there a Penalty for Changing Sides? If you mistakenly "Dad-Click" the wrong Side you can't fly it anyways, so why Force them to wait for 15 Minutes?

I never understood this either!

3. Flight time by type   Allied Attacker 4% Bomber 8% Fighter 29% Transport 2%   Axis Attacker 8% Bomber 10% Fighter 33% Transport 4%

Why do we even bother then? 

• Upvote 1

Can I just check a rule?   The website says that if you disconnect with damage then you lose any ak/gk, lose the plane and your streak is reset.  Nowhere does it specify what happens if you disconnect without any damage.   I have always assumed that  any disco loses you your plane but I have just noticed it does not say that in the rules.

Bonus question:-  I ditched a P40 several days ago and there have been 3 CMs since but  I still have no P40 and there is nothing in the 'Ditched' columns.   How do I get a P40 back?

Can I just check a rule?   The website says that if you disconnect with damage then you lose any ak/gk, lose the plane and your streak is reset.  Nowhere does it specify what happens if you disconnect without any damage.   I have always assumed that  any disco loses you your plane but I have just noticed it does not say that in the rules.

Bonus question:-  I ditched a P40 several days ago and there have been 3 CMs since but  I still have no P40 and there is nothing in the 'Ditched' columns.   How do I get a P40 back?

You don't get air and ground kills for that sortie, but you don't lose a aircraft. 

Rules change on the game course?

Not at all.

It was like that at least last TAW campaign also. 1300> 1380 > 14xx. 

Axis might loose this one  Airframes going like hot cakes and pilots . Dam .!!!

Not at all.

It was like that at least last TAW campaign also. 1300> 1380 > 14xx. 

If both depots will not be completly destroyed over certain amount of missions (50? map turnovers - dont remember the exact number) than the maximum number of planes, tanks... is increased.

Axis might loose this one  Airframes going like hot cakes and pilots . Dam .!!!

If only they had more players...

• Upvote 4

2:1 ratio again for Axis. Well, Just let them play the AI now. Enough will just crash on landing so we win this map as well!  :lol:

• Upvote 3

In some cases its been even . There are a lot of German squadrons and they fly here .

But it don`t change the fact Axis loose more pilots and airframes quicker . ?? So the numbers don`t matter . Just saying . 

---> https://postimg.org/image/5hqsuugib/ <---

it doesnt matter you are correct

The changes to the last campaign did only make stuff more blend, you got 2 tankconvoys per side, last 2 days for me when i played during EU primetime there was only 1 of them there for more than 2hrs of maprotation.

aaaand #253 was the last time i saw 2 german tank convoys in the same general area. In general fuckall todo when AT position are next to the AFs. The changes to the amount of tankconvoys also lead to having alot less supply columns. One of the things that was the most fun and what sucked me into this server as a mostly soviet player is to hit jerry when he wasnt looking attack their rear and avoid the strongpoint.

But currently this boils down to tactical air furrballs as we can see from the aircraft used respectively. Even as the winner, meaning the guys trying to fly defensively enough to deal with these numbers is not even fun
Edited by =FEW=N3croo

In some cases its been even . There are a lot of German squadrons and they fly here .

But it don`t change the fact Axis loose more pilots and airframes quicker . ?? So the numbers don`t matter . Just saying . 

Occasionally it can be even, yes(as I write this it is 13 Axis to 3 VVS) .  And nobody can now doubt the Axis' ability to fly itself to death regardless of their numbers advantage, but the numbers matter to ME because they impact my enjoyment as a VVS flyer.  Victory is sweet but it isn't everything in a game.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 2

/ \

|

|

the rest of the soviets was overburdened with indifference to fly at the moment of victory as we pushed the facists pigs back ehh did fuckall there was todo

Edited by =FEW=N3croo

Occasionally it can be even, yes(as I write this it is 13 Axis to 3 VVS) .  And nobody can now doubt the Axis' ability to fly itself to death regardless of their numbers advantage, but the numbers matter to ME because they impact my enjoyment as a VVS flyer.  Victory is sweet but it isn't everything in a game.

I do agree with that it can be frustrating seeing more numbers Axis side may next campaign if there is going to be one it might be limited to straws . I'm not sure how its going to turn out . As for axis flying to death I'm not sure what you mean by that statement . ?

IMHO I feel the Axis airframes are weak or fragile to put it another way , I'm pretty sure that adds to the loss quicker .

• Upvote 1

Given that the Yak-7b and P-39L have not been released yet, can some adjustments be made to the fighter plane set for maps #7 and 8 to account for this?

For example, starting map #7, an allied pilot has the following fighter aircraft available:

P-40E-1 1/1

LaGG-3 ser.29 1/1

Yak-1B ser.127 0/1

Spitfire Mk.VB 1/1

That's 3 to start and 4 max

An axis pilot has the following fighter aircraft available (since all German Kuban aircraft are released):

MC.202 ser.VIII 1/1

Bf 109 G-2 2/2

Fw 190 A-3 1/2

Bf 109 G-4 1/1

Fw 190 A-5 0/1

That's 5 to start and 7 max

Maybe allow the allied pilots to have 1/1 Yak-1 and 1/1 La-5 (or 2/2 Yak-1) to make up for those missing aircraft, at least until the Yak-7b and P-39L get here?  Also, maybe another Pe-2 87 (or even 35) until the A-20B gets here?   The request is being made because if those aircraft were released, they would be part of the starting lineup for an allied pilot as per the plane set table posted by Kathon.

Thanks for your consideration...

• Upvote 1

I do agree with that it can be frustrating seeing more numbers Axis side may next campaign if there is going to be one it might be limited to straws . I'm not sure how its going to turn out . As for axis flying to death I'm not sure what you mean by that statement . ?

IMHO I feel the Axis airframes are weak or fragile to put it another way , I'm pretty sure that adds to the loss quicker .

Nice to see that I m not alone thinking that something is got to be wrong in Axis airframes modelling, "paper planes", well otherones are made way more better. I just can not understand that these paper planes can dive 850 km/h but these betterones cannot ??. In dive they are not anymore paper planes ;)

>IMHO I feel the Axis airframes are weak or fragile to put it another way , I'm pretty sure that adds to the loss quicker .

Thats what the light weight zinc alloy does to you. 

To be fair, when I flew in the UK afternoon the LW was outnumbered about two to one.

Also acording to the tab on page 171, reds now have not any "+1" fighter aircraft during 7th map, while germans ressuply g2 every new mission, and its realy great dissadvantage!

Given that the Yak-7b and P-39L have not been released yet, can some adjustments be made to the fighter plane set for maps #7 and 8 to account for this?

For example, starting map #7, an allied pilot has the following fighter aircraft available:
P-40E-1 1/1
LaGG-3 ser.29 1/1
Yak-1B ser.127 0/1
Spitfire Mk.VB 1/1

An axis pilot has the following fighter aircraft available (since all German Kuban aircraft are released):
MC.202 ser.VIII 1/1
Bf 109 G-2 2/2
Fw 190 A-3 1/2
Bf 109 G-4 1/1
Fw 190 A-5 0/1

Maybe allow the allied pilots to have 1/1 Yak-1 and 1/1 La-5 (or 2/2 Yak-1) to make up for those missing aircraft, at least until the Yak-7b and P-39L get here?  Also, maybe another Pe-2 87 (or even 35) until the A-20B gets here?   The request is being made because if those aircraft were released, they would be part of the starting lineup for an allied pilot as per the plane set table posted by Kathon.

P-40E-1 1/1
LaGG-3 ser.29 1/1
Yak-1B ser.127 0/1
Spitfire Mk.VB 1/1

MC.202 ser.VIII 1/1
Bf 109 G-2 2/2
Fw 190 A-3 1/2
Bf 109 G-4 1/1
Fw 190 A-5 0/1

Actually I missed that the P-40 and Mc202 are 0/1, not 1/1 to start on map #7 and #8, so as it stands the numbers for fighters on map #7 are red: 2 to start, max 4, and blue: 4 to start, max 7.   As Hot_dog noted, since the Yak-7b - which is not released yet - is the +1 fighter, the reds don't have an automatically replenished fighter for maps #7 and #8, for now.

Edited by AKA_Relent

Actually I missed that the P-40 and Mc202 are 0/1, not 1/1 to start on map #7 and #8, so as it stands the numbers for fighters on map #7 are red: 2 to start, max 4, and blue: 4 to start, max 7.   As Hot_dog noted, since the Yak-7b - which is not released yet - is the +1 fighter, the reds don't have an automatically replenished fighter for maps #7 and #8, for now.

This just means Axis will fly themselves to death that much faster.