=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Take a PE-2 with no bombs or ammo for your offensive guns, takeoff from an undamaged field and land on a damaged field without taking damage on the way.

100% fuel too

I was under the impression that you could take ammo for the offensive guns, just no bombs.  However that might have changed since the last time I flew on TAW as a transport.

While the Manual page isn't up to date, the part about resupply is still applicable:

You may also resupply friendly airfield by transport airplanes by about 3-4% each. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by 6%-8%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less then 40% and land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. The friendly airfield will not be supplied by transport airplane in two cases:

·   This airfield was damage more than 85% in current mission

·   This airfield was captured by enemy in current mission

p3zman, yes you can take ammo for the offensive guns, and you can choose the enhanced/turret rear gunner for the Pe-2 87.  You just have to make sure you don't have rockets or bombs loaded, and 100% fuel, as stated.

You didn't get a combat mission because:

1. Your flight was less than 25 minutes in a fighter
  2. Your kill was creditied to you after you landed and finished your mission

So essentially, when you finished your mission the script saw the following:

• Flight Time:  23 minutes
  • Air Kills:  0
  • Ground Kills:  0

Combat mission is a "LANDED"/"IN FLIGHT" sortie with AK/GK or at least 15 minutes long without any AK/GK.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

serber ded

Combat mission is a "LANDED"/"IN FLIGHT" sortie with AK/GK or at least 15 minutes long without any AK/GK.

They changed that to 25min for fighters. 

serber ded

They changed that to 25min for fighters. 

Without changing the website?   Where can you find the latest information then if it is not the TAW website?

I am sorry but nice as this server is,  they really have to keep up to date information in at least one location.   I have just looked at the first post to see if that has up to date information and I see there that it says you are not allowed to fly both sides. I am pretty sure the post about this latest campaign say you can.   People cannot be expected to read all 193 pages of this post to find out what the rules are.  I understand that changing the manual on the website can be a reasonably big job but editing the first page of this thread is trivial.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Without changing the website?   Where can you find the latest information then if it is not the TAW website?

I am sorry but nice as this server is,  they really have to keep up to date information in at least one location.   I have just looked at the first post to see if that has up to date information and I see there that it says you are not allowed to fly both sides. I am pretty sure the post about this latest campaign say you can.   People cannot be expected to read all 193 pages of this post to find out what the rules are.  I understand that changing the manual on the website can be a reasonably big job but editing the first page of this thread is trivial.

On the TAW website click the "Forum" button at the top. It will take you to the current change-log post. There you will find the information you are looking for.

You have to remember this stuff is done by Kathon and it is a lot of work for one person. He will eventually get it done when he has the time to do so. If he hasn't done something it's probably because he is working on something more important.

• Upvote 1

You have to use the same IL-2 account. The game is registered to your email and login information, so a new email means you would have to buy the game again. You must only change your profile name on the IL-2 website.

False

New TAW account must have new email, new username.

Then you change username on il2sturmovik.com to new username.

Then you log in, check if username is the new one in main menu, then login to taw and pick side.

Done.

Hence: on taw u must register with the new email. It can be fake even.

The manual and rules will be updated after this campaign for sure, sorry about this inconvenience. I hardly play IL-2 lately because of lot of work on this project.

The good news is that script is running in auto-restart mode and the DServer.exe is killed and start again after each mission. I hope it somehow prevent DServer from crashing. And even if this happen the script will automatically restart DServer and run next mission. 

The bad news is that I don't know if it works because it's not easy to force DServer to crash to check if this works ;) finger crossed.;)

• Upvote 9

Very good, thank you Kathon. I hope you get to play more as well. Loads of people are enjoying your work, you should be allowed to as well!

Anastsievskaya re-taken. Great job to all guys who I flown with yesterday!

Enjoy this offline AF and make some party there:) We will take it today back:))))

A good, tight fight is where this server shines. Not the one sided stomps that 3 earlier maps were... 

Anastsievskaya re-taken. Great job to all guys who I flown with yesterday!

Was a fun mission, great effort on both sides!

Was a fun mission, great effort on both sides!

I lost a lot of aircraft that night... and a few pilots.  We better not lose this damn airfield again.  I should probably check the TAW website before I say that though.  Oh well, too much work to backspace.

I lost a lot of aircraft that night... and a few pilots.  We better not lose this damn airfield again.  I should probably check the TAW website before I say that though.  Oh well, too much work to backspace.

I was in 3 missions where Anastsievskaya got captured, and I always signed off then, never saw it in our hands! > :(

We need a Li-2, or some substitute!

Edited by 216th_Jordan

What caused the map to flip?  I only got to see Gelendzhik once!

I was wondering the same thing. The fight was finally starting to get really good and then the map changed.

I hope this new map only last 1 day for me it is to hard to fight 4 109’s and a 190 while trying to figure out where I am on a map that is covered in snow...

The good news is that script is running in auto-restart mode and the DServer.exe is killed and start again after each mission. I hope it somehow prevent DServer from crashing. And even if this happen the script will automatically restart DServer and run next mission. 

The bad news is that I don't know if it works because it's not easy to force DServer to crash to check if this works ;) finger crossed. ;)

That Auto-Restart Script seems to be working fine! As far as i know, there haven't been any server crashes during the weekend. Well Done Kathon!  :good:

Edited by [I./JG62]Knipser
  • Upvote 1

That Auto-Restart Script seems to be working fine! As far as i know, there haven't been any server crashes during the weekend. Well Done Kathon!  :good:

Thanks. Unfortunately when you fix one thing the problems appear somewhere else. Right now the mission last 30min but there is nobody on the server, DServer works fine but probably it's not possible to join it. Ehhh......

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Unfortunately when you fix one thing the problems appear somewhere else. Right now the mission last 30min but there is nobody on the server, DServer works fine but probably it's not possible to join it. Ehhh......

jup. can't join

I hope this new map only last 1 day for me it is to hard to fight 4 109’s and a 190 while trying to figure out where I am on a map that is covered in snow...

Could be worse. Had I been there you'd have some friendly fire to worry about as well..

• Upvote 1

Today while landing on Lotoshino i just exploded. Like hitting into a wall. I cant figure out what happened?

Is there any way of checking out what happened?

Attention! the reservation system is active again today! from 19-20 clock (UTC+1)

We are going to test the new slot reservation system Today. There previous one (players were kicked) didn't meet our expectations. The new one ban the players for 15min if they join the server where are not enough free slots. 

So please don't join the server when "SERVER IS FULL" message is on the main TAW web site between elapsed time and the map. 

If it works then we will be able to limit number of players for each side (for example to 45 players) to limit the imbalance during the peak time. 

The priority now is to add auto-restart functionality in case DServer crashes and force the developers to fix the bug in DServer ;)

добрый вечер. Почему меня забанили?

good evening. Why was I banned?

Edited by Skv_Neon

добрый вечер. Почему меня забанили?

good evening. Why was I banned?

=LG=Kathon, on 29 Jan 2018 - 16:08, said:snapback.png

We are going to test the new slot reservation system Today. There previous one (players were kicked) didn't meet our expectations. The new one ban the players for 15min if they join the server where are not enough free slots. 

So please don't join the server when "SERVER IS FULL" message is on the main TAW web site between elapsed time and the map. 

=LG=Kathon, on 29 Jan 2018 - 16:08, said:snapback.png

Ок. спасибо

The developers really need to sort out this multiplayer cake and ass . its not good for the game . Its putting me off buying the next Round. Its 2018 Pubg is hosting 2 million players . And we can't even have 100 in same server .

Nothing to do with 2018, all about budget and staff, with 24 million copies of the game you mention and using mainstream unreal engine 4 is not really a fair comparison  :)

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

I can't help remembering that the original Cliffs Of Dover would only manage 32 players and the professional team could not make it handle any more. Then they abandoned it as a lost cause and a bunch of amateurs with no access to the source code made it work with 100 players  (ok 80 practically) while also vastly improving the graphics and features and all in their spare time.     Perhaps 1C should ask Team Fusion to take a look? ;-)

• Upvote 1

Perhaps 1C should ask Team Fusion to take a look? ;-)

Heck no! The update schedule would drop to one per year, and even then if we're lucky. :P

Its 2018 Pubg is hosting 2 million players . And we can't even have 100 in same server .

Do you know how much information has to be passed over the wire in BOX compared to PUBG? In PUBG if you see another player, your client needs to only know the position of the enemy, where his gun is pointing, and when he clicks to shoot. (I know it's not that THAT simple but there is not much more that gets passed to the client.)

in BOX, not only is the movement and positional information more complex with all the flight physics and such, pieces of your plane can break off, and those need to be tracked as well with their own positional information.

That said, I always believe that things can be made better, but it's not a fair comparison to compare this games multiplayer to that of PubGs

Edited by =SqSq=switch201

Question,

I made it back to base, but had a wheel shot up up over tgt and spun me out on landing ,I made it back to my base but got no mission credit even though I killed 4 tgts.I didn't die  or get captured, what happened. and if this is normal. don't you think the players should get their mission credit. I can see the ditched, but you accomplished your task and made it back. Beat up or not just like real world.

Edited by SCG_Borchers

I'm sure this has been covered before, but i'm unable to find the answer. When you get 3 CM's is the plane that you are supplied random, or is there a certain order in which you recieve them (I.E. Bombers/Attackers before fighters)?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but i'm unable to find the answer. When you get 3 CM's is the plane that you are supplied random, or is there a certain order in which you recieve them (I.E. Bombers/Attackers before fighters)?

I think it depends on what you selected as your preferred aircraft when registering on the TAW site. If you selected both I think it still doe bombers first than fighters, but not sure on that second statement.

Question,

I made it back to base, but had a wheel shot up up over tgt and spun me out on landing ,I made it back to my base but got no mission credit even though I killed 4 tgts.I didn't die  or get captured, what happened. and if this is normal. don't you think the players should get their mission credit. I can see the ditched, but you accomplished your task and made it back. Beat up or not just like real world.

I feel the same way.  The fact that TAW puts so much emphasis on not scratching your paintwork skews the way people play.  If you have a kill your most effective course of action is to immediately fly home avoiding all other encounters.  The same applies if you have been flying for 20 minutes.  I am not saying everyone does that but it is the logical course to get the most rewards per hour.

• Upvote 1

Question,

What do you mean by credit the mission? your ground kills haven't been added to your stats? You didn't get experience points? Are you talking about this sortie: http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=SCG_Borchers ? Please describe more specific what was missing/

First, planes type you selected during registration are check. If many types are selected then result type is random. If many planes are available in this type they are sorted by quantity, ditch, priority. Where not ditched planes are more proffered and  priority is the worse -> better plane.

You may change your proffered planes type in the pilot profile.

I feel the same way.  The fact that TAW puts so much emphasis on not scratching your paintwork skews the way people play.  If you have a kill your most effective course of action is to immediately fly home avoiding all other encounters.  The same applies if you have been flying for 20 minutes.  I am not saying everyone does that but it is the logical course to get the most rewards per hour.

It depend on what is your goal. If one play to max personal stats then probably yes, but others want to influence the front-line so they will not return immediately after first ak/gk.

What would you change?