=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Markoni, as long as your engine is reasonably warm, water temps between 20 and 30, you can taxi and takeoff without ill effect in most planes. Just go easy on the throttle, I've heard that jamming it open with temps below the optimal range can cause damage though I've never seen it first hand.

More bitching of the imbalance...

Here's how you fix it. Dont show the number of each side...Just show the total amount populating the server...then no one knows if its imbalanced or not.

Fern, that doesn't fix the problem, it hides the problem. Sweeping the shattered remains of a broken vase under the rug doesn't fix the vase.

• Upvote 1

Ok all another new ? Not about balance:). I just went up in rank to Oberfeldwebel and 1/2 way to 200 went on a mission. With a wingman and absolutely blasted a target. And received nothing. Then I got shot up but emergency landed unfortunately it showed captured. Now my partner made it back and showed no ground kills just like me. And I did not die. And now it shows i went all the way back to 0/100 and lost a rank. I read thru rules and don't see anything about that. Just that if you die you get no points. Can anyone help me on that.?

Kathon, I might have found a bug. Sortie says I crashed rather than ditched. I actually landed in a field. (For clarity, I landed on my wheels and did not further damage the aircraft.)

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20238&name=Fidelity

Also I was wondering regarding the "Ditched Column": does it only update after the server rotates to a new session?

Borchers, I think if you are captured your rank resets, like if you got killed. There weren't all that many prisoner exchanges, at least not that I've read about, in WW2 and on the Eastern Front, a pilot would be lucky to get captured in the first place; the alternatives were often prolonged, uncomfortable to say the least and generally fatal.

Fidelity, I'm fairly sure that you can only ditch a plane at one of your team's spawn points, or near to them perhaps. 

Fidelity, I'm fairly sure that you can only ditch a plane at one of your team's spawn points, or near to them perhaps. 

If there is a certain radius I'd be interested to know what that is. I'm not sure that is the case though. I ditched an aircraft earlier and I was over enemy lines and it counted correctly.

IIRC ditching/crashing is related to damage to the airframe. I didnt test this TAW, but on the earlier ones it didnt matter if you ditched right on top of your airfield or at the frontlines (assuming you are at your side of the lines).

My best bet to what happened to him is that he landed on an inactive airfield.

You "Ditch" a plane in friendly territory. You "Crash" a plane in enemy territory when you are not captured. (But your plane is lost)

When you "Ditch" within 3kms of a active airfield your plane will be available after 1 mission again, otherwise 3.

It doesn't matter if you damage the plane or not if it is outside the 3km radius for it to be counted ditched or crashed.

Don't nail me on it but this should basically be it.

Also I was wondering regarding the "Ditched Column": does it only update after the server rotates to a new session?

yes.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

IIRC ditching/crashing is related to damage to the airframe. I didnt test this TAW, but on the earlier ones it didnt matter if you ditched right on top of your airfield or at the frontlines (assuming you are at your side of the lines).

My best bet to what happened to him is that he landed on an inactive airfield.

You "Ditch" a plane in friendly territory. You "Crash" a plane in enemy territory when you are not captured. (But your plane is lost)

When you "Ditch" within 3kms of a active airfield your plane will be available after 1 mission again, otherwise 3.

It doesn't matter if you damage the plane or not if it is outside the 3km radius for it to be counted ditched or crashed.

Don't nail me on it but this should basically be it.

yes.

Okay. So if outside of 3km radius from friendly airfield and over enemy lines the plane will not be counted as ditched. I got that right?

I guess I must have been able to glide the ditched plane over the lines then because I definitely wasn't within 3km.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Once I ditched in the middle of runway of enemy active AF (there were 5-7 enemies spawn, land ,take off, shooting at my etc) and avoided captivity :)) extremely fast running Iwan lok

• Upvote 1

Hello All, I just joined TAW but my Pilot isnt with my Squad did i mess something up?? cant find anyhing in help section. SCG_Kamozin    SImulated Air Combat Group 57GIaP

Баг?мошенничество?

Sorry, but it will be in russian:

Открываешь статистику игрока Skv_Neon и вопросы, как так получилось, что синие выиграли 3 карты, отпадают сами по себе.

Поясню:

игровое время 6 часов. За 3 карты это не сильно много. У остальных красных картина плюс минус такая же. Собственно, это и есть ответ, как так получилось. 

Мой совет, описание на ютубе стоит поменять.

Вот это "Мошенничество? Баг? Является одной из причин победы синих в 3-х картах подряд?" просто неуместно. Немного больше уважения к труду людей.

P.S: на тактической карте нет указания, что этот филд можно атаковать, поэтому и целей нет, они появятся только тогда, когда он будет с надписью "Attack!!!"

Edited by Norz

P.S: на тактической карте нет указания, что этот филд можно атаковать, поэтому и целей нет, они появятся только тогда, когда он будет с надписью "Attack!!!"

the rules stated that the airfield without the token "attack" will be without the objects and they cannot be bombed?

Ok all another new ? Not about balance:). I just went up in rank to Oberfeldwebel and 1/2 way to 200 went on a mission. With a wingman and absolutely blasted a target. And received nothing. Then I got shot up but emergency landed unfortunately it showed captured. Now my partner made it back and showed no ground kills just like me. And I did not die. And now it shows i went all the way back to 0/100 and lost a rank. I read thru rules and don't see anything about that. Just that if you die you get no points. Can anyone help me on that.?

Death and capturing decreases your points. I didn't have time to write about it.The manual is very not up to date and I must correct it before next campaign.

Kathon, I might have found a bug. Sortie says I crashed rather than ditched. I actually landed in a field. (For clarity, I landed on my wheels and did not further damage the aircraft.)

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20238&name=Fidelity

Not a bug. You landed on 1126.7 near Krasniy city and that was Axis territory. You can't retrieve aircraft from hostile area.

The get new password feature does  not seem to be working. The new password it gives does not work and so I can't check either of my profiles.

I will have to check it. Please check PM.

the rules stated that the airfield without the token "attack" will be without the objects and they cannot be bombed?

yes, Destructible building are generated on front-line airfields were Attack! text is above on the map in game.

Not a bug. You landed on 1126.7 near Krasniy city and that was Axis territory. You can't retrieve aircraft from hostile area.

Thanks for the info, Kathon!

Mr Kathon

No worries sir. Points reduction I could see and understand. But I was at next rank so I thought it would just go to 0 for that rank that was achieved and not go below.My thinking as you progress to the next rank it is permanent but your points can go up or down. No worries thank you for all you do with TAW even though I'm not very good I still love it.

Side note I landed at my base safely after a mission and struck my prop but feathered and rolles out safely to parking area, but was credited with an emergency landing and a ditch in plane set. But I was landed already what did I do wrong. Did I park in wrong area.

Mr Kathon

No worries sir. Points reduction I could see and understand. But I was at next rank so I thought it would just go to 0 for that rank that was achieved and not go below.My thinking as you progress to the next rank it is permanent but your points can go up or down. No worries thank you for all you do with TAW even though I'm not very good I still love it.

Side note I landed at my base safely after a mission and struck my prop but feathered and rolles out safely to parking area, but was credited with an emergency landing and a ditch in plane set. But I was landed already what did I do wrong. Did I park in wrong area.

Damaged prop is an instant ditch in a single engine plane. If in a twin engine plane, you can 'get away' with just one prop broken. 

Once landed in an AF, ending mission anywhere in the AF will credit you with mission. You don't need to go to a specific area. 

Можете ли вы включить функцию атаки всех аэродромов. Зачем в брифинге пишут повреждения тыловых аэродромов? В чем тогда "тактика"?

serber ded

I'm US Central time, this server dies just about every night at about 10pm. Most NA pilots I know gave up on it. Every night we waste time flying it only to have it die yet come back up for EU players the next day.

This whole new campaign has been a complete nightmare.

Edited by Y-29.Silky
  • Upvote 1

Some of the hangars on enemy airfields are not spawning.... Enemy airfield with nothing to bomb.... :rolleyes:

Some of the hangars on enemy airfields are not spawning.... Enemy airfield with nothing to bomb.... :rolleyes:

Has to have “Attack!” over the airfield on the map. No objects will spawn at rear airfields (you actually have to attack airfields that have a chance of being defended ;), no milk runs).

Has to have “Attack!” over the airfield on the map. No objects will spawn at rear airfields (you actually have to attack airfields that have a chance of being defended ;), no milk runs).

It was not rear airfield, but i guess you are right. Odd thing was, that it had some structures there, but not the hangars :--( 

I'm US Central time, this server dies just about every night at about 10pm. Most NA pilots I know gave up on it. Every night we waste time flying it only to have it die yet come back up for EU players the next day.

Yes it does kinda suck, and it looks like the finger is being pointed at the dev's DServer in this case, but I find it odd that some servers are able to be hosted and work with no problem (coconuts for example). There has to be something that TAW introduced in this last campaign that's not working correctly, but who knows what that could be.

Edited by =SqSq=switch201

There are a couple issues, like VVS sometimes being outnumbered by some silly ratio(not so much on Kuban though!) or the server crashing at inopportune times for non-Europe people.  But as these problems are worked out, a lot of fun(and maybe victory) can still be had with a bit of positivity.

FGHFA2f.jpg

• Upvote 2

There are a couple issues, like VVS sometimes being outnumbered by some silly ratio(not so much on Kuban though!) or the server crashing at inopportune times for non-Europe people.  But as these problems are worked out, a lot of fun(and maybe victory) can still be had with a bit of positivity.

FGHFA2f.jpg

Indeed, there is still a good fight to be fought comrades. Catch us in the skies... The 7th Guards.

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=23897&name=Cpt_Siddy

Can someone explain to me why i did not get CM1? 

You didn't get a combat mission because:

1. Your flight was less than 25 minutes in a fighter
  2. Your kill was creditied to you after you landed and finished your mission

So essentially, when you finished your mission the script saw the following:

• Flight Time:  23 minutes
  • Air Kills:  0
  • Ground Kills:  0

What you need:

• 25 minutes in flight WITHOUT any kills and a successful landing (or end mission "IN FLIGHT")
  • 5 minutes in flight WITH a GROUND or AIR kill and a successful landing (or end mission "IN FLIGHT")

Sorry guy, you got screwed here by at most three minutes, but your kill was credited to you 1.5 minutes after you landed.  It happens, at least you didn't lose a pilot or aircraft :)

Edited by 19//p3zman

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=23897&name=Cpt_Siddy

Can someone explain to me why i did not get CM1?

I believe this happened because, the aircraft you damaged was not logged as shotdown until after you landed. Therefore at the time of landing you had not technically scored a victory. I don't know if the server would correct this at a later time after a restart, but I doubt it.

Is it possible to get them logged as CM's if i ask really really nicely? I worked hard for them  :biggrin:

Take a PE-2 with no bombs or ammo for your offensive guns, takeoff from an undamaged field and land on a damaged field without taking damage on the way.

Take a PE-2 with no bombs or ammo for your offensive guns, takeoff from an undamaged field and land on a damaged field without taking damage on the way.

100% fuel too

I was under the impression that you could take ammo for the offensive guns, just no bombs.  However that might have changed since the last time I flew on TAW as a transport.

Is there something special about the way TAW calculates damage?   I was a little surprised to see that after smoking both engines on a 110 and causing a fuel leak the log shows I did 0.005 of damage.