=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

My issue has been stability of server, joined 3 times and every time server crashed. Made me feel like I was wasting my time. That and most people I fly with are not active there or are flying blue. 

Did you feel the same on WOL? Last 3 weeks it crashed all the time. So, better to waste your time on TAW in this case.

Did you feel the same on WOL? Last 3 weeks it crashed all the time. So, better to waste your time on TAW in this case.

Well, Coconuts is quite nice and stable. TAW has been a bit of a Bitch the last couple of Days, barely worth getting on it TBH. You either don't get on, get on and it crashes or you get kicked. 

And nobody is on Comms for English Speaking Channels. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

I totally gave up flying TAW, just a one sided show. Its getting really annoying.

I know what i'm going to get... "Then why don't you fly russian". And to be honest, i just cant fly russian aircraft, i already tried and i just don't like there type of fighting.

Hopefully next TAW is better! S!

I totally gave up flying TAW, just a one sided show. Its getting really annoying.

I know what i'm going to get... "Then why don't you fly russian". And to be honest, i just cant fly russian aircraft, i already tried and i just don't like there type of fighting.

Hopefully next TAW is better! S!

Maybe the Blue players could like SPONSOR red pilots. Give them collector planes to fly Red on TAW. You could stock them like salmon in a sport fishery.

Oh the irony drifter

All moot anyway cause servers down for at least the next 6 hours

Edited by =IL2AUS=chappyja

As I know the last campaign were playing more or less the same number of the players of the red and blue side.

As you know (or maybe not) i play right now on the red side and my own opinion exactly like it was before:

for the current mission design the red side has an advantage. 

Can't understand why the red players don't like to join and just win these 8 maps.

I disagree but i respect your opinion, which is quite different from saying "red AA or Pe2 gunners make it all unbalanced and it's the main reason why VVS win the war".  :wacko: That's delusional.

Last TAW almost ended in a draw, and still some came  shouting to the forum:  "It's unbalanced!"; hahaha, incredible but true. Now, being current TAW really one sided, do you see them complaining?. Anyway, i'm not surprised, it's always been like this.

Regarding  this TAW edition, i decided before it started i wouldn´t participate. I'm focused on DCS atm. Maybe next edition when new planes arrive (P-39) i'll come back. 

• Upvote 3

Am I missing something about the server, I see alot of people saying the server is lopsided and LW is overmatching and stuff and they want restriction and penalties and all this, but  everytime im playing its always pretty even 22/24 somewhere in there or even the other day it was 21 to 8 Red advantage and 4 to 17 . I have never seen the unbalance people are talking about, is there an update or something i am missing?? i just got back to the game like a week ago. And everytime i think i am getting to an objective im shot up. Or is it only for the Higher Level players ??

like for Example right now 1/29/18 1140pm  it is 5 Axis to 17 Allies. Kuban map #4- i see the unbalance but Red to Blue. last 3x

Edited by SCG_Borchers

Reds seems to like their new plane  :lol:

Seriously, it's only one mission. Let's see if the balance will improove during others.

20180130085243_1.jpg

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1

Am I missing something about the server, I see alot of people saying the server is lopsided and LW is overmatching and stuff and they want restriction and penalties and all this, but everytime im playing its always pretty even 22/24 somewhere in there or even the other day it was 21 to 8 Red advantage and 4 to 17 .

Dear admins, can you share the number of the flighthours for the last 3 maps for red and blue side and the same for the last campaign?

Will be interesting to compare.

All my sorties were done with something like 60% blue and only 40% red. ( or more for the blue team)

But as i said before i see here nothing about some inbalance for the blue team.

Maybe cold start and some technical issues just were the reason that a lot of the red players just focused to play somewhere else.

The planeset is really great for the both sides and it is sad that these 3 maps were finished so quickly.

Edited by Norz

Hello TAW moderators

I can not connect to the site twa, for a login problem. I ask for a password, but I do not receive any mail.

Can you help me ?

Tanks ;) 

hello moderators I can not connect to the site twa, for a login problem. I ask for a password, but I do not receive any mail. can you help me ?

Dear admins, can you share the number of the flighthours for the last 3 maps for red and blue side and the same for the last campaign?

Here is a graph for both sides during last week. On average blue side has more than 10 pilots advantage.

pilots_taw_7d.png

• Upvote 3

Here is a graph for both sides during last week. On average blue side has more than 10 pilots advantage.

I am surprised the average difference is only 10.  Looking at the graph I see lots of 10s but also quite a few 30s & 40s while only seeing a few times that Red exceeded Blue.   Just reading the differences on the hours (EDIT: actually three hours) I get an average of around 16 and even that is less than you would guess by looking at it.   NOTE: I am *not* saying the average of 10 is wrong,   just commenting on how it looks deceptive.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

I am surprised the average difference is only 10.  Looking at the graph I see lots of 10s but also quite a few 30s & 40s while only seeing a few times that Red exceeded Blue.   Just reading the differences on the hours I get an average of around 16 and even that is less than you would guess by looking at it.   NOTE: I am *not* saying the average of 10 is wrong,   just commenting on how it looks deceptive.

Yeah are averages for you. Averages - misread by the business world since forever.

• Upvote 1

Actually those averages might be wrong after all.  They say the largest difference was only 21 yet even if the averages were only calculated using the three hourly data I can see several places where it is more than 21.  As an example look at 3pm on the first day where the numbers were about 19 v 43 (at 4pm it is about 15 v 50!)  At 12pm on the 26th we see 10 v 39.   Am I misreading the data?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Is It possible to de-register one side and register for the other, so no need to change in game profile name?

You can always register a new account on the other side, but remember that it must have different name and email (email can be fake, it's only use for password recovery). Then you should change your forum pilots name to match this new TAW account.

If you don't want to change your forum pilots name you can always change pilots name on TAW accounts to match your forum name. 

If you join the server then your forum account name is associated with TAW account name.

To LG kathon info  : 

server 82/84 , just tried to connect , > banned for 15 min . 

It was a test of slots reservation system. As Raven said it's only on Mondays. All bans will be cleared as soon as server has free slots again (I will add function soon). So ban can last only a few minutes when server is full, then will be cleared and you will be able to join again. It's to prevent from constantly joining and kicking.

It should be no problem to join on the Allied side ;)

Well, i did like the Server the last Wars, although i wasnt very active in the last one.

Today, we liked to join the server with 4 player at once, because we are having our Mondy-Night-killsomereds-day.

The other 3 could join, i was on the map for second aswell, but got kicked right after that and got a 15 Minute Ban.

That means either the others wait 15 Minutes for me to join, or fly without me, and i have no real chance to join in..

(Switching to the homepage, spamming F5 all time, when one is free i have to switch ingame again and try my luck. if i fail and another one was quicker i have to wait another 15 Minutes)

Although i can unterstand your Intention, that ban is really bothering me, and i think we will not bother to try to join the Server with more than 3 people anymore. That really stops people and mostly squads to fly tactical attacks in Squad-size..  

As above. I understand you very good. We had several situation when part of our team managed to join the server but others didn't and it took more than 30 min to complete the team on the server. The server has it's limit and if possible I would extend it to 200 slots. 

The ban will be cleared so you will be see it on the game server list.

Hello , seems there is a problem with IL 2 planner scale on TAW 

see topics 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21919-il-2-mission-planner-online-flight-planning-tool-il2missionp/page-5?do=findComment&comment=567931

January 30 th 

thanks. I will check it.

How would I go about reporting a possible cheater?

Please PM me.

Will be interesting to compare.

All my sorties were done with something like 60% blue and only 40% red. ( or more for the blue team)

But as i said before i see here nothing about some inbalance for the blue team.

Maybe cold start and some technical issues just were the reason that a lot of the red players just focused to play somewhere else.

The planeset is really great for the both sides and it is sad that these 3 maps were finished so quickly.

It's 65%/35% for Axis and Allied respectively. Unfortunately I don't have stats from the previous campaign but I believe it was more balanced.

Hello TAW moderators

I can not connect to the site twa, for a login problem. I ask for a password, but I do not receive any mail.

Can you help me ?

Tanks ;) 

hello moderators I can not connect to the site twa, for a login problem. I ask for a password, but I do not receive any mail. can you help me ?

Check PM.

Why reds lost maps so fast?? any idea?

thx

It was 47 blues vs 4 red last night when I looked. Could be one reason. 

Think I'll give this TAW a miss.

47 vs 4 and similar quorums are very puntual situations ( like end of map and only red base operative ) but the data says 65% vs 35% time for each side... is close to double time spend by one side over the other.  Im sure here is one of the keys... but if we can compare this data whit other editions i think percentages must be similar.

Something more will be.... maybe reds this edition no have same effectiveness ore maybe blues are playing better, or both things.

Anyway,, is going fast and i think will be end soon... this my first preocupation... seems we have a fast edition this time.  I think blue team this edition know how takes benefit of situations and are playing well.

Anyway,, is going fast and i think will be end soon... this my first preocupation... seems we have a fast edition this time.  I think blue team this edition know how takes benefit of situations and are playing well.

The changes made to AA have made things much less suicidal. For the first time ever, I've been shot down more by enemy fighters than by enemy AA. 

FYI for those that use TAW + il2missionplanner...

A few people reported a bug regarding the distances now that TAW has reached the Kuban map. I believe I have found the cause of this bug. I cannot fix it until I have a moment at home, but it should be fixed within 24-48 hours at most.

Thanks again for the bug reports!

• Upvote 3

Am I missing something about the server, I see alot of people saying the server is lopsided and LW is overmatching and stuff and they want restriction and penalties and all this, but  everytime im playing its always pretty even 22/24 somewhere in there or even the other day it was 21 to 8 Red advantage and 4 to 17 . I have never seen the unbalance people are talking about, is there an update or something i am missing?? i just got back to the game like a week ago. And everytime i think i am getting to an objective im shot up. Or is it only for the Higher Level players ??

like for Example right now 1/29/18 1140pm  it is 5 Axis to 17 Allies. Kuban map #4- i see the unbalance but Red to Blue. last 3x

Yes you are missing something. Imbalance is there. Sometimes there were 4 times more blue than red. For example. I cant enter the server because it is full. And there are 3 times more blue than red.

I am talking about central european time. 

Am i the only crazy guy that actually wait for the engine to warm up before take off? Because i see a lot of pilots just take off without engine warming.

Markoni, as long as your engine is reasonably warm, water temps between 20 and 30, you can taxi and takeoff without ill effect in most planes. Just go easy on the throttle, I've heard that jamming it open with temps below the optimal range can cause damage though I've never seen it first hand.

More bitching of the imbalance...

Here's how you fix it. Dont show the number of each side...Just show the total amount populating the server...then no one knows if its imbalanced or not.

Fern, that doesn't fix the problem, it hides the problem. Sweeping the shattered remains of a broken vase under the rug doesn't fix the vase.

• Upvote 1

Ok all another new ? Not about balance:). I just went up in rank to Oberfeldwebel and 1/2 way to 200 went on a mission. With a wingman and absolutely blasted a target. And received nothing. Then I got shot up but emergency landed unfortunately it showed captured. Now my partner made it back and showed no ground kills just like me. And I did not die. And now it shows i went all the way back to 0/100 and lost a rank. I read thru rules and don't see anything about that. Just that if you die you get no points. Can anyone help me on that.?

Kathon, I might have found a bug. Sortie says I crashed rather than ditched. I actually landed in a field. (For clarity, I landed on my wheels and did not further damage the aircraft.)

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20238&name=Fidelity

Also I was wondering regarding the "Ditched Column": does it only update after the server rotates to a new session?

Borchers, I think if you are captured your rank resets, like if you got killed. There weren't all that many prisoner exchanges, at least not that I've read about, in WW2 and on the Eastern Front, a pilot would be lucky to get captured in the first place; the alternatives were often prolonged, uncomfortable to say the least and generally fatal.

Fidelity, I'm fairly sure that you can only ditch a plane at one of your team's spawn points, or near to them perhaps. 

Fidelity, I'm fairly sure that you can only ditch a plane at one of your team's spawn points, or near to them perhaps. 

If there is a certain radius I'd be interested to know what that is. I'm not sure that is the case though. I ditched an aircraft earlier and I was over enemy lines and it counted correctly.

IIRC ditching/crashing is related to damage to the airframe. I didnt test this TAW, but on the earlier ones it didnt matter if you ditched right on top of your airfield or at the frontlines (assuming you are at your side of the lines).

My best bet to what happened to him is that he landed on an inactive airfield.

You "Ditch" a plane in friendly territory. You "Crash" a plane in enemy territory when you are not captured. (But your plane is lost)

When you "Ditch" within 3kms of a active airfield your plane will be available after 1 mission again, otherwise 3.

It doesn't matter if you damage the plane or not if it is outside the 3km radius for it to be counted ditched or crashed.

Don't nail me on it but this should basically be it.

Also I was wondering regarding the "Ditched Column": does it only update after the server rotates to a new session?

yes.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

IIRC ditching/crashing is related to damage to the airframe. I didnt test this TAW, but on the earlier ones it didnt matter if you ditched right on top of your airfield or at the frontlines (assuming you are at your side of the lines).

My best bet to what happened to him is that he landed on an inactive airfield.

You "Ditch" a plane in friendly territory. You "Crash" a plane in enemy territory when you are not captured. (But your plane is lost)

When you "Ditch" within 3kms of a active airfield your plane will be available after 1 mission again, otherwise 3.

It doesn't matter if you damage the plane or not if it is outside the 3km radius for it to be counted ditched or crashed.

Don't nail me on it but this should basically be it.

yes.

Okay. So if outside of 3km radius from friendly airfield and over enemy lines the plane will not be counted as ditched. I got that right?

I guess I must have been able to glide the ditched plane over the lines then because I definitely wasn't within 3km.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Once I ditched in the middle of runway of enemy active AF (there were 5-7 enemies spawn, land ,take off, shooting at my etc) and avoided captivity :)) extremely fast running Iwan lok

• Upvote 1

Hello All, I just joined TAW but my Pilot isnt with my Squad did i mess something up?? cant find anyhing in help section. SCG_Kamozin    SImulated Air Combat Group 57GIaP

The get new password feature does  not seem to be working. The new password it gives does not work and so I can't check either of my profiles.

Баг?мошенничество?

Sorry, but it will be in russian:

Открываешь статистику игрока Skv_Neon и вопросы, как так получилось, что синие выиграли 3 карты, отпадают сами по себе.

Поясню:

игровое время 6 часов. За 3 карты это не сильно много. У остальных красных картина плюс минус такая же. Собственно, это и есть ответ, как так получилось. 

Мой совет, описание на ютубе стоит поменять.

Вот это "Мошенничество? Баг? Является одной из причин победы синих в 3-х картах подряд?" просто неуместно. Немного больше уважения к труду людей.

P.S: на тактической карте нет указания, что этот филд можно атаковать, поэтому и целей нет, они появятся только тогда, когда он будет с надписью "Attack!!!"

Edited by Norz

P.S: на тактической карте нет указания, что этот филд можно атаковать, поэтому и целей нет, они появятся только тогда, когда он будет с надписью "Attack!!!"

the rules stated that the airfield without the token "attack" will be without the objects and they cannot be bombed?