=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Edit : Alright I might have been a bit harsh in my first comments but I was pissed.  I joined the server randomly just by choosing the one with the most planes in the server list, so no I didn't ready anything before going in it.

That is actually understandable, I did not read either, luckily I was in first time with my squad and they did read and was ready, so they slapped my hand when I tried to take a plane I was not entitled to. TAW is a war campaign, and in that regard not really a public server per se.

Anyway, this could easily have been corrected if the lobby was like in DCS, click on the server and you get information before you enter the game. So I do not blame you in this, lesson learned, and you might be a bit less aggressive approaching the problem next time. Believe it or not, despite the sarcastic and ironic tone in this forum, people are very willing to help, just not in chat, there is simply never that easy to explain in chat, better to use TS or discord and talk, then you will know if the time is right for a question 

Why is it that I get kicked back to main menu every time I try to join the server? My ping is always under 150 and all other servers run just fine.

Server only lets certain amount of people establish connection during a time frame (about 3 people?), and others get booted to the main menu. It's a next gen feature that will be incorporated into all future IL-2 titles, or until they hire people to rework it. So far only solution is to connect to the server as many times as you can.

Landing aircraft ALWAYS have right of way. If you pull on to the runway and don't takeoff by the time the landing plane is on short final, then you are in the wrong. Put another way; if you don't think you can take off before the landing plane, even if he's just turning to final, then wait...

It is well known that Axis loses many planes, one reason is that we use other planes as arrestors when it comes to emergency landings.

P2Y9zaj.png

• Upvote 1

Ditch is not working. 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=65656&name=Cpt_Siddy

landed prop intact on Russian side, no ditch. 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=65634&name=Cpt_Siddy

Landed on Russian side with... prop less intact, still no ditch. 

map changed,  ditch working. Off to bed. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Yes 8,8 cm Flak, Ju52 Paratroop Mission to Ventsy was great fun, thx for Pictures and Video. I like the undercover-action, "feet grass" around the trees, sometimes we get the AF ;-))  ... sometimes we fail - as next day ;-((

Airfield ettiquete:

- Always taxi to the side of the AF icon;

- Do not take off from taxi (except when AF is under attack);

- When taxing and approaching runway check the side of the AF icon for landing aircraft. If you spot aircraft (specially those with lights on) then wait until he lands;

- Do not sit on the runway;

- Always land from the side of the AF icon and try to use nav lights on the approach. Landing on the wrong way disrupts traffic and may cause frontal collisions w aircraft taking off (remember that most of the aircraft taking off cant see in front of them until they have pickup good speed for their tail to lift);

- If an aircraft is already sitting on the runway, the landing aircraft should circle and wait for his take-off.

I think following these simple common sense rules would help everybody. Any suggestion is welcome

Maybe this should be added on the server rules page for reference. I asked few days ago in the game chat who has priority, landing or taking off planes and got conflicting answers.

• Upvote 1

Ditch is not working. 

Did you land at your (friendly and open) airfield ? I guess not so it is ditched.

Ingame I was still alive and sitting in the Plane, Server sais I was dead. 

I lost a Wing as I pulled up too late, was spiralling wildly, pressed the Eject Button, but hit the Ground befor I left the Cockpit. I still sat in the Plane and looked around perfectly alive. Why does the Game then say I was dead?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=63501&name=6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

I lost a Wing as I pulled up too late, was spiralling wildly, pressed the Eject Button, but hit the Ground befor I left the Cockpit. I still sat in the Plane and looked around perfectly alive. Why does the Game then say I was dead?

Do you think you would have survived that in real life? I think I would accept the 'death' TBH.

Some time ago was a bug that if you eject at low level and hit the ground before chute opens you'll be alive. We have corrected it and chute must be full open before pilot touche the ground and because your chute was still closed you died even if you was still in cockpit. For game you ejected because you pressed crtl+e. Probably if you would not eject you'll be still alive.

Ditch is not working. 

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You mean that ditch system is working in general, but during that mission you didn't see ditched planes in your hangar?

Well this is good question but not for me but to developers. The TAW script shows what is in the log files and there is info that you has been killed that mission, look:

(spawn event)

T:69030 AType:10 PLID:1208345 PID:1063961 BUL:5766 SH:0 BOMB:0 RCT:0 (120708.180,43.049,130246.828)  NAME:6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann TYPE:Bf 110 G-2 COUNTRY:201 

(then damage and kill event)

T:127050 AType:2 DMG:0.819 AID:-1 TID:1063961 POS(127836.633,119.524,162902.078)
T:127050 AType:3 AID:-1 TID:1063961 POS(127836.633,119.524,162902.078)   #AType:3 is kill event
Edited by =LG=Kathon

Why does AAA chutekill Pilots? Happened a couple of times as well. They even kill you when the Aircraft is far away and you hang in the chute, land, sit in the Field and the AA shoots until you are dead.

Great server guys :salute:

Doing a great mission on map #353 with HenHawk, bombed Kalach airfield turned away and...

My net connection shat itself.... recorded as a pilot exit. oh the frustration :dry:

Thanks to HenHawk for buddying up for the flight, sorry about "disappearing" :)

Why does AAA chutekill Pilots? Happened a couple of times as well. They even kill you when the Aircraft is far away and you hang in the chute, land, sit in the Field and the AA shoots until you are dead.

Meh, got killed on chute by StuG, that's something to complain.

Great server guys :salute:

Doing a great mission on map #353 with HenHawk, bombed Kalach airfield turned away and...

My net connection shat itself.... recorded as a pilot exit. oh the frustration :dry:

Thanks to HenHawk for buddying up for the flight, sorry about "disappearing" :)

Was great flying with you! Always nice to find another axis pilot flying this campaign that enjoys working together towards a meaningful target. Was sorry about your disconnect, I know the feeling, I’ve been there. We’ll have to make some more runs together soon!

Meh, got killed on chute by StuG, that's something to complain.

Now that’s some bad luck!

Can you change the layout of the Stalingrad map Airport?

In the middle of the three airports, one of the Soviet Union can quickly support Germany simply can not break。

The map is unbalanced from the beginning

In the end, the whole map competes around the three airports, and Germany is at an absolute disadvantage

86de36e3ly1fm3cl87d8xj20pv0etx06.jpg

• Upvote 1

In the middle of the three airports, one of the Soviet Union can quickly support Germany simply can not break。

In the end, the whole map competes around the three airports, and Germany is at an absolute disadvantage

And change Kuban too caus that's impossible for the Russians to win unless the German team utterly shits itself. 

I think they set the maps up to give one side a slight advantage and the other is to overcome it. Not sure, of course. Either way, Germans could have won this map if they actually focused on those three airfields together instead of most of the team running in different directions (and the rest staying busy wrecking planes on takeoff or circling at 8k).

• Upvote 2

Can you change the layout of the Stalingrad map Airport? In the middle of the three airports, one of the Soviet Union can quickly support Germany simply can not break。 The map is unbalanced from the beginning In the end, the whole map competes around the three airports, and Germany is at an absolute disadvantage

I don't think you can have a balanced map on TAW, depends on how well the players do.

Axis did come close to capturing those 3 airfields in mission 107 (map#3):

AgEbWrK.png

Kalach, Gromoslavka, and Ventsy were the most contested airfields for map#6. From my sorties with I./KG53 and Fritz-Faber we managed to capture Ventsy with paratroops, but only once and then it was lost overnight anyway and the stalemate continued. Tried to capture Ventsy and Kalachlinskaya in future sorties but those failed, I also recall others like KONAN and [ZOO]Ckapa6eu trying to push for Kalach, even with paratroops, but in the end those efforts failed.

This map will end soon, Axis looks to be almost out of aircraft's. It is disappointing we never got a chance to fight in Stalingrad itself, but at least the map lasted for a while. I hardly got to play Map #2 (Moscow_South), only about 5 sorties and then the map was finished in under a week. I don't know why map #2 went by so fast, maybe this was contributed to by the lack of Allies playing or a large squadron like III./JG5 doing all the work.

In the future when they fix Dserver it would be interesting to see more bridge/pontoon river crossing objectives, you wouldn't think the front line would change so quickly over the larger rivers.

Warehouse bug fixed. It didn't add aircraft to the limit. I manually added 80 aircraft to the Axis for mission #361 where warehouse was generated and it wasn't destroyed.

Totally agree, airfield distribution is a problem on the stalingrad_center map. That airfield triangle and the wide corridor on the map (marked white on my image) make it really hard for both sides to conquer this map. Would be nice, if you could change that for the next TAW-Campaign. Nevertheless, this TAW-Campaign is great! Keep up the good work guys!

post-23259-0-02024800-1512326572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Knipser

It seems that some of the members of the 1 GAFL have been banned from the server.

Is it a bug or have they done something very silly and didn't tell us ?

sorry riksen and ramm for "stealing" that pe2 over kalach column tonight, but he was still dropping bombs. ridiculous that he shot you down after he already crashed, ramm.

sorry riksen and ramm for "stealing" that pe2 over kalach column tonight, but he was still dropping bombs. ridiculous that he shot you down after he already crashed, ramm.

No problem man. Glad someone got him!

For th Fatherland

Hello LG Artur

How can I access the Red channel in the TAW Discord? I'm restricted to the general chat. Thanks.

I have seen your question there and gave you access.

How many snow maps we have on this TAW??? Do we have Velikye Luki??

maps rotation: #1 Moscow_North, #2 Moscow_South, #3 Stalingrad_Center, #4 Kuban, #5 Moscow_North, #6 Stalingrad_Center, #7 Stalingrad_South, #8 Kuban

The rain and snow has low probability so it doesn't appear very often.
Edited by 8.8cm-Flak-36

Holy cow - my eyes are moist! I never thought I would find any online server like this one!

Kamikaze-Idiots won't like it because of the 5-minute-penalties - yippeeeee!!!!

So, now I only have to learn to fly better and to gain more overview (tough job in a Bf109-greenhousecockpit!),

and learn to find my way back home; and learn to follow orders - and do some damage to the enemies -

but after all that, this might be a great place for years to come!

Thanks to all, who have installed this!!!

Would it be possible to have a little own 2-member-unit (Staffel)?

I saw there are many others, but found no way to enlist one yet. Thanks for any help in advance!

• Upvote 1

Holy cow - my eyes are moist! I never thought I would find any online server like this one!

Kamikaze-Idiots won't like it because of the 5-minute-penalties - yippeeeee!!!!

So, now I only have to learn to fly better and to gain more overview (tough job in a Bf109-greenhousecockpit!),

and learn to find my way back home; and learn to follow orders - and do some damage to the enemies -

but after all that, this might be a great place for years to come!

Thanks to all, who have installed this!!!

Would it be possible to have a little own 2-member-unit (Staffel)?

I saw there are many others, but found no way to enlist one yet. Thanks for any help in advance!

Just go to the squad section and find one you can join:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/17-virtual-squadrons/

Would it be possible to allow someone in a western time zone to be able to restart the server? It often goes down during US night time. I would appreciate this along with many others because we all love this server! Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Just go to the squad section and find one you can join...

Thanks - but what I meant was: can I form an own Staffel with friends?

Thanks - but what I meant was: can I form an own Staffel with friends?

Yes. Log in on the website and click Squad Profile on the top right I think.