=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I'm pretty sure it is just a random value on the chance of being captured. I survived and was not captured after bailing out over an enemy defence position.

Depends on your surviving skills.. and good old cardboard box  :ph34r:  In a previous campaing (LW side), I bailed out above soviet airfield and didn't get captured.

peacewalker081709.jpg

Edited by =L/R=Mad_Mikhael

Thanks guys for the last mission of map #4 yesterday ! It was a great pleasure to join the eight Ju 52's on their paradrop mission to Maikop - and even we got shut down one by the other at the end, we finally decided the map for Lw to win ;)

taw_01_11_172js3i.jpg

8 Ju-52's but I only saw 7 lines of parachutes at Maikop.

No, in fact it was eight lines of chutes in total - one Ju52 was pretty much right and low to the rest of the formation, so  you maybe have overlooked it...

Edited by Geleitzug

I guess lonely pilots, I like the idea when someone just try organize ad-hoc sorite, it's little but enough to change random sorties to something useful. It help win map and preserve life too or do not wast it.

I also would have to be one of those "lonely" pilots.  However, before I load the game I jump stariaght into the English channel on the TAW TS server (Again, I only speak english)

If I happen to be the only one in the channel then I will ask in team chat where help is needed, but that is hard to type and fly, especially in the 'hot zone'.

I will admit that I'm a better mud mover than a fighter jock, but I'll always try my best at being tactically aware of what is going on around me.

Maybe if the TAW TS server was used by those who are in squads and willing to invite guests to be able to talk rather than in-game text chat then things might go a bit smoother.

I'm willing to fly with anyone who will give a "lonely" pilot a wing...

That's my two-bobs-worth.

Well, we tend to be a wild Mix of a bunch of Germans, Spaniards, Katalonians, Austrians, Brits, Yanks, Swedes, Canadistanis and whatever else wants to join us. 

The Squad Channels on TAW are open, and all of those Squads do have their own TSs for Privacy. That's how we coordinated that phyrrhic 52 flight of 8 yesterday. 

And most often the flight lead will give all info in English if non Russian or German Speakers are present. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

I have a quick question. Can 250kg bombs usually destroy the warehouses at the depots? Just did a 88 bombing run on the north eastern soviet depot. Must have entered my speed a little bit wrong, because only my 250kg bombs hit. One was a direct hit on the roof of a warehouse, but it didn't even scratch it. Kind of feels disappointing to fly a 1h 10m mission and only get 1 cm :D

https://youtu.be/f22l5r_nEnY

Well, I for one enjoyed the battle for Maikop yesterday gents. It was a pretty epic fight. The old Kittyhawk just tanks hits left and right long enough to get that bomber down.  :)    One P-40 loss for 3 German bomber losses. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Congrats to LW!

I have a quick question. Can 250kg bombs usually destroy the warehouses at the depots? Just did a 88 bombing run on the north eastern soviet depot. Must have entered my speed a little bit wrong, because only my 250kg bombs hit. One was a direct hit on the roof of a warehouse, but it didn't even scratch it. Kind of feels disappointing to fly a 1h 10m mission and only get 1 cm :D

https://youtu.be/f22l5r_nEnY

Assuming this is your sortie for that video,

pYtliT2.png

industrial_300x100_03 object is tougher to destroy. 250SC still damaged it to near half health. I dropped some 1000SC same area and those buildings were tough enough to withstand the blast radius.

Seems serious. But remember server stability is not a priority for another year. "because its not completely broken"

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as described at the top of pg 152, where my TAW profile shows two registered usernames, one locked, one unlocked. By changing my name in the IL-2 profile back to "serpy" I am able to play, but not as "Serpette" which is my more current name. Are username changes in TAW just not the recommended thing, it seems? I can vaguely recall registering for TAW a year ago but have since taken a long hiatus and only recently gotten back into IL-2.

EjwOXQ5.png

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as described at the top of pg 152, where my TAW profile shows two registered usernames, one locked, one unlocked. By changing my name in the IL-2 profile back to "serpy" I am able to play, but not as "Serpette" which is my more current name. Are username changes in TAW just not the recommended thing, it seems? I can vaguely recall registering for TAW a year ago but have since taken a long hiatus and only recently gotten back into IL-2.

EjwOXQ5.png

You have to play with the name you originally joint with. This is needed to prevent cheating. Everytime you join with another name it creates a new profile.

Edited by DerSheriff

taw server crashes quite a lot recently. don't want to complain about it in any way, i am just curious. what is the actual reason for all the crashes? the dedicated server executable? the script that reads out the logs? the database itself?

You have to play with the name you originally joint with. This is needed to prevent cheating. Everytime you join with another name it creates a new profile.

That I can understand to a point.  However it also locks in the side that you first chose.  Additionally it looks like it assigns it to the first email that you register with. 

I want one pilot for Axis and one for Allied.  I now have two associated with he Axis and would like to change one to the other side.  Can anyone help with that.

TIA

Clutter

taw server crashes quite a lot recently. don't want to complain about it in any way, i am just curious. what is the actual reason for all the crashes? the dedicated server executable? the script that reads out the logs? the database itself?

I would like to know that too.. maybe paradrops are too much for the mechanic? (just an idea)

That I can understand to a point.  However it also locks in the side that you first chose.  Additionally it looks like it assigns it to the first email that you register with. 

Not exactly.  Many people have a Red pilot and Blue pilot eg if they signed up as a Red pilot then later they can register again using a different name and email address then say they want to fly Blue. From then on they just log into TAW using one or other name.  It is allowed so people can balance the sides.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

So i changed my account thats registered on the site from =BMAD=TaC47 to what it is now, and it's still locked. Is it because my other account (TaC47 without =BMAD= tag) that isnt registered on the site is also Soviet? If so, is there a way to change one of them to Axis or delete one of the accounts?

Btw: How come Zubtsov is disabled with 46% damage and in repair for 3 (!) missions?

post-13979-0-20207500-1511551636_thumb.jpg

Edited by 216th_Jordan

Btw: How come Zubtsov is disabled with 46% damage and in repair for 3 (!) missions?

Because it was bombed by enemy and probably resupplied at the same time by our guys (?)

I hope that the stability can be somehow improved but I understand that you guys are limited by the software.

The DServer.exe application crashes a lot without any particular reason. It stops responding and producing log files. I have to manually kill the process in the windows server and run it again. It crashes during high peaks and during the night (low number of players). Crashes just after end of the mission (it doesn't start new mission) and also during the mission. 

First we thought that the problem was in mission design, but DServer crashes after the mission so I'm sure there must be a bug in DServer application.

It must have been heavily destroyed and then supplied. In that case it takes several missions. 

So...friendly AAA shot me down... do I get my plane back now? I mean...it wasn't my fault! lol

(Actually I was attacking a He111, just about to open fire when suddenly my wing snapped off)

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46350&name=216th_Jordan

Friendly fire also happened in the real. AA was aiming at your target He111 but unfortunately you was damaged (probably you was too close)

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I never flew on the TAW Server. I might have connected once and spectated... but never flew . Nevertheless , I registered to the TAW site today with my nickname as a russian pilot. Then I tried to connect to the server, and got a #10021 : User is banned on this Server. I see that the playercount is 72/74. Is that the server's way to tell me it is full?

Thanks for helping

Hellfire

Edit: It works now, There was also a Master Server problem..so may be it is related. 

Edited by hellfirelx