=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Nitpicking but I can tell you what you just quoted you were in an I-16. I remember you :)

Yes you're right ;-) It was an il-16

Edited by Ala13_knightcrow

Poor of you ... really.

Poor is destruct a friendly squadron, stealing pilots.

Poor is stealing a name of friendly squadron.

Poor and shamefull.

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar

Poor and shamefull.

Please tell me how we stole the name of a friendly squadon, and how we stole pilots?

• Upvote 1

Poor and shamefull.

When a squad got destroy...it's from inside not because of the others squad...

When a pilot sign-up in your squad does they need sign a letter that they will stay all their life with you.... you doesn't own them...

Oh sorry all the ZG is yours...my highness.

• Upvote 3

Poor and shamefull.

And here I was thinking you knew a lot about history. Perhaps you just forgot ... anyways let me help you. You do know that 5./ZG1 is a Staffel within the II gruppe, right? Your username clearly says gruppe I and also doesn't specify which Staffel. I fail to see how that is stealing the name of ur squadron ... Maybe it was this kind of attitude from you that got the other pilots to leave your squadron? After all, no one is forcing any person to fly in a specific squadron. Just something to consider ...

• Upvote 2

Firstly, thanks you lot for all your work on this server! It is the best system I have seen to date.

But could one side please be limited to 40 players? In european evenings the server is usually at its full capacity and statistically more players play LW in that time so the server will also fill up with a higher percentage of LW players putting VVS players that want to join into further disadvantage.

If players have to fly LW only so hard, they should have to wait if their team stacks the other team. Maybe that encourages some to change perspective.

• Upvote 3

Why the Reds pushed so fast, just 12 hours, then the Germans lost 3 AF....

:lol:

When i was on there last night it was 18 or 19 VVS against 5 OKL....three of them were us.......... so there was even less before and after.............  when they shot our people in their chutes, we left.............  distasteful.... When you're unopposed you can pretty much do as you wish.  I usually hear how one sided is is against the VVS but I've never seen that myself.

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 1./JG54_Hoss
  • Upvote 1

I hope this first map will last a bit longer but it doesn't look like that. I really enjoy the first map planeset and I think I am not the only one who does.

Don't let it end already.^^

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Upvote 1

When i was on there last night it was 18 or 19 VVS against 5 OKL....three of them were us.......... so there was even less before and after.............  when they shot our people in their chutes, we left.............  distasteful.... When you're unopposed you can pretty much do as you wish.  I usually hear how one sided is is against the VVS but I've never seen that myself.

Cheers

Hoss

49 LW vs 18 VVS in EU timezone from what i saw

At the beginning of the night (around 9pm Central Standard Time) it was 18 Blue to 16 Red, after the first pass most Blue left. Why though? Good fun tonight regardless. Squid Squad and Necathor (and anyone else I missed) thanks for flying with us.

Here's an image of the Wet Bandits returning to base:

eJtu1ng.jpg

• Upvote 2

I hope this first map will last a bit longer but it doesn't look like that. I really enjoy the first map planeset and I think I am not the only one who does.

Don't let it end already.^^

Yep definitely! But yesterday it was about the same, germans started in defensive and then took back 3 airfields. So there's hope :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Hoss

Yes, same group also decided to shoot up chutes on us last night as well.   TAW itself is stained by the actions of this squadron.  Easy way to deal with it is just to ignore deaths by chute - then the drama ends.   Some squadrons in TAW still live on milk and can't eat solid foods...

• Upvote 1

Chute killing is allowed per server rules, pilot deaths are part of overall criteria to win the map (attrition) and it was also done regularly during WWI. 

So its not a wrong practice in this campaign - actually if it is not done, than it dosent bring the team towards the goal of winning the map / war.

Therefore it is normal that this happens and dosent stain the squad reputation, actually the other way around - if you dont do it you dont help your team and than your squad is not doing all possible to win the war - this is looking at the situation without emotion.

I personally find it a waste of ammo and I try to kill the pilot already during the shooting down of the plane.

• Upvote 3

I wish I cared about anything as much as some you care about chute killing

Edit: Peter is right, but it's a new TAW so naturally we have to have this discussion again

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr
  • Upvote 2

I tried your server twice in the last couple of days and I've been booted without warning twice while in the air. (Bf109E7).
Is there any modification restriction that might not trigger a kick warning? Otherwise I couldn't explain it. I have a low ping (50-60).

I wish I cared about anything as much as some you care about chute killing

Edit: Peter is right, but it's a new TAW so naturally we have to have this discussion again

This is incredible... every time the same story. Rules says chute killing is allowed.

I tried your server twice in the last couple of days and I've been booted without warning twice while in the air. (Bf109E7).

Is there any modification restriction that might not trigger a kick warning? Otherwise I couldn't explain it. I have a low ping (50-60).

Read manual and see planeset this is the best way to start flying this server.

There are so many reasons you can be kicked. Restricted eq is blocked but planes not. You have to know by your own what planes do you have.

• Upvote 2

Read manual and see planeset this is the best way to start flying this server.

There are so many reasons you can be kicked. Restricted eq is blocked but planes not. You have to know by your own what planes do you have.

Yeah, I've read all of it already :)

I determined it's my hybrid DSL/4G router causing problems, I hope I will solve them soon.

Thanks for your help anyway!

This is incredible... every time the same story. Rules says chute killing is allowed.

Not only is it allowed, it's the current meta of the game. The entire game revolves around a player's survivability. Live longer to acquire more points to get recognized on the front page of the leader boards. TAW puts emphasis on a pilot's life by making it part of winning the campaign. Therefore, chute killing (in TAW) must be done to win... and I play to win (at least in TAW).

• Upvote 5

haha yeah its pretty obnoxious, but people like to cover their ears and ignore things they don't like

Not only is it allowed, it's the current meta of the game. The entire game revolves around a player's survivability. Live longer to acquire more points to get recognized on the front page of the leader boards. TAW puts emphasis on a pilot's life by making it part of winning the campaign. Therefore, chute killing (in TAW) must be done to win... and I play to win (at least in TAW).

I respect you point of view and found it good.

A good reading that you have linked there.

But I fear that a lot of people consider chute killing coming from a behavior misconduct (hard to explain in my french-quebecer-canadian traduction). 

Ok let's talk about something else in TAW pleasssssssssssee  :ph34r: ....guilty guy    :ph34r:   

Edited by 57.GIAP_Manu653

TWB I have been flying iL-2 Sturmovik for more than 10 years and been administrator and organizer of S.E.O.W and HRCODWARD admind of a server = gRiJ = Dedicated I assure you that the one that kills parachute with a TWB tag stains the reputation of the whole

Ecuadron I do not know what honor there is in killing parachute pilots that way to stain a good reputation of a squadron 

First off, most of these TWB bastards are like Jack Russell Terriers... if you start making small animal noises, they go crazy with the bloodlust... like little landsharks, frothing at the mouth... if you cry about chutes, they are gonna do it more... if you cry about flashing navs, they gonna do it more... oppositional defiant little bastards, the lot of em.

Second, if it's not chute killing, it's IL-2s are OP, or being used ahistorically, or we're dog-fighting in 190s and that's not "how they did it"... it's always something... because these are just symptoms of the real problem: Someone got shot down, and it hurts.  It aches.  I feel your pain, all of you.

Third, as stated by the server rules/admin, chute killing is not just allowed, it's a means to an end.  Unsavory as it may be, choose to do it or choose to not do it... coming outside of the game to decry and defame is just tacky; sorry, but that's how it comes off.

Me personally, I don't like it, though I am highly amused by the ferocious insanity on comms when a particular marked target hits the silk and Banditos are falling over themselves to get him before 15 seconds are up.  War is a dirty business.

Also, me personally, I start every TAW fresh and clean... I don't shoot chutes... until I get shot in mine, and then it's game on.  Because no matter what, it always happens, regardless as to which side I fly.  But does it really matter?  People get super-mad when they get wiped from the sky... and they rage quit whether or not they even bail out let alone get shot in their chutes... it's just that people seem to feel that being shot in their chutes is somehow worthy of bleating about.

This is me, getting lit up.  So sad.  (RIP, virtual pilot man)

OU3oRkw.jpg

But did I cry?  DID I CRY?!?!?!

tom-hanks.jpg

NO... because, much like baseball, there is no crying in TAW.  Though I do very much detest the ridiculous sliding IL-2 canopy... that kills more fake pilots that chute shooting ever will.

• Upvote 4

If I take off then land at a friendly spawn base near the front that is under contention (can no longer spawn there) but still friendly, is this consider a ditch now?  Don't remember this being the case.

If I take off then land at a friendly spawn base near the front that is under contention (can no longer spawn there) but still friendly, is this consider a ditch now?  Don't remember this being the case.

Yes, LG changed the policy on contested airfields last campaign. You can not land nor take off from a contested airfield.

• Upvote 1

First off, most of these TWB bastards are like Jack Russell Terriers... if you start making small animal noises, they go crazy with the bloodlust... like little landsharks, frothing at the mouth... if you cry about chutes, they are gonna do it more... if you cry about flashing navs, they gonna do it more... oppositional defiant little bastards, the lot of em.

Second, if it's not chute killing, it's IL-2s are OP, or being used ahistorically, or we're dog-fighting in 190s and that's not "how they did it"... it's always something... because these are just symptoms of the real problem: Someone got shot down, and it hurts.  It aches.  I feel your pain, all of you.

Third, as stated by the server rules/admin, chute killing is not just allowed, it's a means to an end.  Unsavory as it may be, choose to do it or choose to not do it... coming outside of the game to decry and defame is just tacky; sorry, but that's how it comes off.

Me personally, I don't like it, though I am highly amused by the ferocious insanity on comms when a particular marked target hits the silk and Banditos are falling over themselves to get him before 15 seconds are up.  War is a dirty business.

Also, me personally, I start every TAW fresh and clean... I don't shoot chutes... until I get shot in mine, and then it's game on.  Because no matter what, it always happens, regardless as to which side I fly.  But does it really matter?  People get super-mad when they get wiped from the sky... and they rage quit whether or not they even bail out let alone get shot in their chutes... it's just that people seem to feel that being shot in their chutes is somehow worthy of bleating about.

This is me, getting lit up.  So sad.  (RIP, virtual pilot man)

OU3oRkw.jpg

But did I cry?  DID I CRY?!?!?!

tom-hanks.jpg

NO... because, much like baseball, there is no crying in TAW.  Though I do very much detest the ridiculous sliding IL-2 canopy... that kills more fake pilots that chute shooting ever will.

You Sir... Are a Warrior Poet! 

Play the game people.. This is entertainment so have fun and enjoy the game. 

Only thing I'll add to this issue which has been beat to death:

• In real life, (Actual Reality) The Russians were known for chute sniping.. It happened all of the time... They did it regularly. You want immersion, you got it. 
  • The Germans knew this and is exactly why most on the Eastern Front preferred to ditch if possible instead of bailing out.
  • The Germans were chivalrous and frowned upon chute sniping.. It did happen with them as well, but not frequently because it was not tolerated...
  • You all claim to want immersions and want so badly to play these campaigns realistically. Well here you go and you're welcome. Just bringing that realism by flying & operating Sovietly.
  • This is a video game.. Nothing more than entertainment ........           "Are you not Entertained?!" -Gladiator
  • What people do when flying this video game does not reflect poorly on them in real life. Saying it does is the absolute Nuttiest BS I've heard in a long time... Nuttier than Squirrel Turds..
  • The way people fly this video game does not somehow tarnish them as real people. If you cant handle this video game, it's time to step away from the computer, set the HotPocket down and take a break... Or go back to Wings of Liberty.

I wish all of you the very best.. So lets move forward and have some fun. There are a lot of outstanding pilots and squads on here... SO get together and go wreck shop. Have a great time with your peeps and enjoy TAW.

Cheers.

Edited by [TWB]Reagan505
  • Upvote 7

Well, I see the Virtual Invasion of my Rodina by the Virtual German Armed Forces, who are supported by the Virtual Luftwaffe as a sign of disrespect. If you don't like it, leave my Motherland and our airspace ;)

Maybe you can ask the TAW Admins to add your feelings to the Server Rules? Good luck.

(Remember ... This is only a video game... This isnt real.. These virtual pilots do not have virtual feelings or families waiting for their return.) 

• Upvote 7

Wow seems TWB gets triggered easily, best way to deal with the chute killing discussion is stop talking about it and dont comment to anyone talking about it. But hey it is the internet so lots of trolls and lots of butt hurt from both sides.

• Upvote 1

Wow seems TWB gets triggered easily, best way to deal with the chute killing discussion is stop talking about it and dont comment to anyone talking about it. But hey it is the internet so lots of trolls and lots of butt hurt from both sides.

There's nothing to deal with or discuss... It's not against the rules so get over it.. Stop the pouting already.

You: :fly:  :help:  :fly:

[TWB]:       :hunter: :hunter:

You:         :o:  :o:   :cray:  :cray:  :cray:

[TWB]:     :drink2:  :drinks:  :popcorm::new_russian:

Edited by [TWB]Reagan505