=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Thx for the anwser Flogger.

Btw, I have switched the sides to support the Red side on the actual map.But I have only acess to the ´42 IL-2.

I created a new Account on the TAW Page (Red Semor76) and the site tells me that I can fly most of the fighters but ingame I will be kicked if I choose any of them.

What did I wrong?

See manual -> planeset and compare it to your account and your planes availability 0/1 or 1/1 etc.

See manual -> planeset and compare it to your account and your planes availability 0/1 or 1/1 etc.

This is what I did,but get constantly kicked from the server.

http://sus9EVA.jpg

Once you register for a side your locked to it, unless you change to a different account; see above :)

Once you register for a side your locked to it, unless you change to a different account; see above :)

So far so good. Now I have a different account,but I didn´t  have any plane purchases under this new name. How should this work? :biggrin:

Here is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnmOJ-IotLo

I reported this problem in the Bugs topic on this forum, hope devs read it.

yeah thanks mate, thats a pretty good video. My 3 flights to date (3 x BF110) have all ended because I got shot down on the start of my dive into the target (twice aiming for a railroad junction, once for a vehicle column). There was a CRAP load of AAA. I've seen bombing runs like yours before but i thought, with that amount of AAA it would be suicide, hence why i preferred a dive bombing approach from about 2500m or so. 

Understandable about trying to keep fps playable, but I've seen a heck of a lot more targets on the WoL server (which is where i tend to fly) and have pretty good ping. Anyway, I leave it up you guys (the devs) to do whats best to balance everything..I'm just putting in my $0.02 worth :)

Edited by The_Pharoah

So far so good. Now I have a different account,but I didn´t have any plane purchases under this new name. How should this work? :biggrin:

Not a new account, just change ingame name. (il2 website (not forums) -> profile)

Today i shooted down Skv_Serafin in yak1b, then he's bail out, so i shoot down his parachutre, but he still have own Air Streak (40 kills)

https://zapodaj.net/a72d8a13fc857.png.html

https://zapodaj.net/b1200231a9151.png.html

Shooting chute is not killing pilot. Pilot dies if he hit ground so maybe you destroyed his chute but he manage to hit esc -> finish flight early enough and quited while falling down.

• Upvote 1

Today i shooted down Skv_Serafin in yak1b, then he's bail out, so i shoot down his parachutre, but he still have own Air Streak (40 kills)

https://zapodaj.net/a72d8a13fc857.png.html

https://zapodaj.net/b1200231a9151.png.html

Apparently the game works in that way. I don't know what happens to pilot when parachute is destroyed (please ask devs about it)  but I guess that you made some holes in it and the pilot landed safety.

yeah thanks mate, thats a pretty good video. My 3 flights to date (3 x BF110) have all ended because I got shot down on the start of my dive into the target (twice aiming for a railroad junction, once for a vehicle column). There was a CRAP load of AAA. I've seen bombing runs like yours before but i thought, with that amount of AAA it would be suicide, hence why i preferred a dive bombing approach from about 2500m or so. 

Understandable about trying to keep fps playable, but I've seen a heck of a lot more targets on the WoL server (which is where i tend to fly) and have pretty good ping. Anyway, I leave it up you guys (the devs) to do whats best to balance everything..I'm just putting in my $0.02 worth :)

Sorry but I don't understand you. You would like to have a lot more targets but you are unable to destroy any of current target. You managed to destroy only 2 trucks and 3 wagons in 3 sorties all ended as killed. Perhaps your experience and skill is too low.

• Upvote 1

In my 3rd proper sortie I managed to get 8 ground kills in a Yak.

Things I've learned

• Having wingmen or others flying around the target helps greatly, I dont know who I was flying with but there were 2 other fighters attacking the convoy, while one was being shot at it meant the AA was busy and you would have a chance to kill the AA while it was distracted
  • Speed is key, you have to be going fast and you cant fly directly towards, over or away from the AA, I had moderate success picking off trucks away from the AA flying 90 degrees to the road, this seems risky and doesn't work well for bombing, but good for strafing attack.

Once the AA had been killed then it was just a matter of mopping up the rest of the vehicles. Fun times!

I did also manage to kill 2 tanks level bombing from about 2,000 meters, though this seems tricky for convoys.

what's the average downtime between campaigns ? I've got some holiday coming up in august, and was hoping to spend a few of those days in VR bliss, on TAW. I'm guessing we have a week or there about left for the completion of campaign 9 ?

what's the average downtime between campaigns ? I've got some holiday coming up in august, and was hoping to spend a few of those days in VR bliss, on TAW. I'm guessing we have a week or there about left for the completion of campaign 9 ?

It depends how fast new stuff will be introduced, but it's usually about 2-3 weeks.

It seems the TAW server is down.

Once again DServer.exe stopped responding. Restarted and it's running.

Apparently the game works in that way. I don't know what happens to pilot when parachute is destroyed (please ask devs about it)  but I guess that you made some holes in it and the pilot landed safety.

Sorry but I don't understand you. You would like to have a lot more targets but you are unable to destroy any of current target. You managed to destroy only 2 trucks and 3 wagons in 3 sorties all ended as killed. Perhaps your experience and skill is too low.

He's for sure dead, 'cause i saw his parachutre was totally destroyed, and he's had to ground maybe 1000m, so its bug of script, 'cause im some times too was shoot down at parachutre, and then instant exit of the game, and in sortie i was killed.

He's for sure dead, 'cause i saw his parachutre was totally destroyed, and he's had to ground maybe 1000m, so its bug of script, 'cause im some times too was shoot down at parachutre, and then instant exit of the game, and in sortie i was killed.

Did you saw pilot body hit the ground ?

Shooting chute is not killing pilot. Pilot dies if he hit ground so maybe you destroyed his chute but he manage to hit esc -> finish flight early enough and exit while falling down.

Edited by =LG=Leutnant_Artur

No, but if i exit with shooted parachutre, in sorite I WAS KILLED.

I mean exit by finish flight when time drops down from 15 sec not leave server...

Possible scenario again:

- you shoot him down

- he bailed out

- he saw you're heading his way so he hit "esc. button" then "finish flight" and time started to drop down (15sec)

- you're firing destroying his chute

- his falling down but few seconds before hitting ground he's disparaging because countdown (15 sec) finished.

That is how he's not dead. I managed to have such luck few times so it is possible but you have to be high enough and hit "finish flight" fast enough.

So one again : Did you saw his body hit the ground ?

- If YES then do you have proof ? A record for instance. (because it's probably a bug-but still need a proof)

- If NO then he's a lucky man and my scenario is most probable

Whats the etiquette on shooting targets in around their own airfields?

Last night I got shot while on the taxi way so i though airfields were fair gain.

Shortly afterwards I chased German bomber all the way from our depot to his airbase and shot him down shortly before he was goign to reach his airfield. At which point I got a lot of abuse over text chat.

So was I wrong? I'm pretty new to this, should airfields be "safe places"?

Whats the etiquette on shooting targets in around their own airfields?

Last night I got shot while on the taxi way so i though airfields were fair gain.

Shortly afterwards I chased German bomber all the way from our depot to his airbase and shot him down shortly before he was goign to reach his airfield. At which point I got a lot of abuse over text chat.

So was I wrong? I'm pretty new to this, should airfields be "safe places"?

Some folk complain all the time, they call other cheaters or the planes aren't modeled right or there is always something. I don't understand that attitude of the people that get angry at you when you killed them instead of getting angry at them. This is a game, a planes simulation war game, but still only a game. As long as you follow the rules here http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php and http://taw.stg2.de/rules.php you're doing noting wrong

You'll always find whiners just disregards them   ;)

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 6

Yes, DServer.exe crashes quite often lately during mission rotation. I have to report it to devs.

why the axis has the great advantage in 5th map,but it drawn when it shot down?and why the map keep going when Allis advantage?and why the server will shut down as soon as axis advantage?

why the axis has the great advantage in 5th map,but it drawn when it shot down?and why the map keep going when Allis advantage?and why the server will shut down as soon as axis advantage?

Map 5 was finished by Admin because of nasty bug and it ended with a draw. And Kathon announced this at forum.

Some folk complain all the time, they call other cheaters or the planes aren't modeled right or there is always something. I don't understand that attitude of the people that get angry at you when you killed them instead of getting angry at them. This is a game, a planes simulation war game, but still only a game. As long as you follow the rules here http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php and http://taw.stg2.de/rules.php you're doing noting wrong

You'll always find whiners just disregards them   ;)

Generally, the more they whine, the more I tend to load more bombs. 

• Upvote 1

I need help getting some names unlocked and taken off the roster. did somethings and need help fixing them. any help would be great. thanks.

i doubt about great advantage  Black_Cat, You remember how many pilots and aircraft was lost.  ??  I think red had possibilites .

Anyway , next edition when your squad fly red, you will can see how many favorable is for " reds".

Last point, im not sure, but when server crash... reload previous mision, i mean you dont lost advantage you have before. I think

Salute.

What the? why have i got two missions showing as ditched? ok first (JU87) i landed a bit hard and short but rolled onto the runway without any issues, 2nd i landed with the HE-111 fine after a bombing mission...and ended the game just off the runway. How can this be shown as ditched? is there a specific area I'm supposed to park after landing? I did the same thing with a cargo mission without any issues. 

I think the way it work is to land on the Rwy and don't bend your propeller. Once landed if you just move a little on the side and hit the escape key, finish flight and confirm you will have a 10 second countdown.  

I know i bounced a bit on the rwy (those rwys are friggin small for a medium bomber but anyway) but certainly didn't damage anything (normally you're given a warning message).