=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Are there plans to add the BoK aircraft, in particular, the Spitfire? :biggrin:

This has already been answered that multiple times, do a search.

Noticed you are registered but haven't done a single sortie this campaign.  :mellow:

no one is having issues getting on the sever? I need my fix.

Edited by Banzaii

This has already been answered that multiple times, do a search.

Noticed you are registered but haven't done a single sortie this campaign.  :mellow:

Thanks.

Did you happen to also notice that I registered just this morning?

Did you happen to also notice that it is now the evening of the same day?

Did you happen to also notice that folks are having trouble getting on, and maybe, just maybe, having no access to a different internet from another planet, I too might not have been able to get on?

Did you happen to also consider that, perhaps, that maybe, having a job and wife and kids and dogs and cats etc., I might be waiting for this weekend to get on board?

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Upvote 1

no one is having issues getting on the sever? I need my fix.

I havent been able to get on all day. They said they were looking at it, but its been hours.

Thanks.

Did you happen to also notice that I registered just this morning?

Did you happen to also notice that it is now the evening of the same day?

Did you happen to also notice that folks are having trouble getting on, and maybe, just maybe, having no access to a different internet from another planet, I too might not have been able to get on?

Did you happen to also consider that, perhaps, that maybe, having a job and wife and kids and dogs and cats etc., I might be waiting for this weekend to get on board?

Thanks.

I don't see time stamps so that means nothing to me.  For all I know, you registered 3 weeks ago.

If the server is down you've clearly got the time to do a quick search through the thread, surely you are not the first person to ask about the Spitfire.  I think if you even take the 5 seconds to go back one single page you will find your answer.

I bring this up not to be a jerk, because if you're too busy to search for an answer before you ask the question; then I'm worried your wife/dogs/kids/cats/job/sardonic forum posts might prevent you from reading the server rules and how it works.  Asking questions in chat on this server won't get you a lot of answers and you'll just leave frustrated, likely without a Spitfire sortie.

Thanks.

I don't see time stamps so that means nothing to me.  For all I know, you registered 3 weeks ago.

If the server is down you've clearly got the time to do a quick search through the thread, surely you are not the first person to ask about the Spitfire.  I think if you even take the 5 seconds to go back one single page you will find your answer.

I bring this up not to be a jerk, because if you're too busy to search for an answer before you ask the question; then I'm worried your wife/dogs/kids/cats/job/sardonic forum posts might prevent you from reading the server rules and how it works.  Asking questions in chat on this server won't get you a lot of answers and you'll just leave frustrated, likely without a Spitfire sortie.

Or you could just not reply if it bothers you so much. This is the kind of attitude I expect in WOL. TBH, you really are being a jerk and could've just left it alone...

• Upvote 1

Any news on the server?? Admin is probably sleeping and fingers crossed that his day begins soon!

And, so, perhaps, given your self-professed ignorance, a little restraint with the snarky comment regarding my participation on the server would have resulted in not only you not coming across like a jerk, but also you not coming across like a fool.

Yet, here we are. 

I hope you are not representative of the maturity and openness of this community. I decided to explore this server due to some nice videos and posts, which were encouraging participation from new folks. Clearly, this is not a view shared by all. Apologies if I am mistaken.

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Upvote 1

And, so, perhaps, given your self-professed ignorance, a little restraint with the snarky comment regarding my participation on the server would have resulted in not only you not coming across like a jerk, but also you not coming across like a fool.

Yet, here we are. 

I hope you are not representative of the maturity and openness of this community. I decided to explore this server due to some nice videos and posts, which were encouraging participation from new folks. Clearly, this is not a view shared by all. Apologies if I am mistaken.

Bearfoot this is the best open community in BOS minus a squad yo've joined for your own reasons. 

• Upvote 1

Any news on the server?? Admin is probably sleeping and fingers crossed that his day begins soon!

Sleeping? Cmon, look at Kathon stat's, the guy barely even played his own campaign. We owe a great deal of gratitude to all those that create contain for the complainers that we are.

o7 

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 2

Sleeping? Cmon, look at Kathon stat's, the guy barely even played his own campaign. We owe a great deal of gratitude to all those that create contain for the complainers that we are.

o7 

Obviously you didn't understand the tone of my post that he lives across the world from when I'm awake meaning he's sleeping.  Russian Server right?? Wasn't complaining.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Upvote 1

There was a new patch during the mission, so DServer stopped working. Server updated and running.

• Upvote 2

I wanna make suggestions regarding the planeset, especially regarding map #3 and #5, latter one being the typical mood killer for the last 2 campaigns i had. 
My main concern is how hard/likely it is for the VVS to get a plane that is somewhat on Level with the F4s, namely the Yak-1s69. By all stretch and imagination the LaGG-3 is sub-par to an F4 and requires alot more skill to down a F4.

• map #3 planes to earn with CMs :  LW has to earn the F4 | VVS to earn P40 + Il2 '42 + Yak-1s69 dropping the chance to get the Yak significantly.With the MC.202, the p40s counterpart, being handed out from getgo to LW while Mc.202 was a unicorn in the east. However i see the scheme aimed for is that you have 3 fighters from the start (aiming for 2/2 + 1/1) , so my suggestion here is to get rid of the IL2 '42 being earned for one less '41 from the start to achieve said goal. Even tho earning a P40 is kinda a joke at this point since its outdated by this point

• Map #5 Lagg vs F4 as +1 planes. LaGG may have been the most common fighter (and thanks to stalin for 23mm everywhere otherwise Gn8) but VVS does not get a Yak1 from the Start.                                                                     I'd suggest 1 Lagg 1 Yak and Mig as start or alternatively get rid of the Mig-3 entirely. Or maybe make the F2 as 1/1 CM +1, the point of stockpiling F2 when you have F4s +1 is very mute.
  • The Mig-3 was a short lived production and is has no distinct advantage in a trait over F4s therefore pretty useless at this point IMO:                                                                                                                                                       During a meeting in Moscow on December 23 1941 "We need Il-2s, not MiGs. This is your last warning". The telegram led to the immediate suspension of MiG-3 production                                           http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ru/mig3.shtml                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           30 where built in 1942 from scraps 

Some minor ideas to add a bit of flavor, even tho i don't see them having large impact or being high on the list of necessitys.

• Replace the Pe2 s35 in Map #7 and mby #6 with a S87 without blister, it is potentially facing FW from map #5 onwards and there are people without Moscow (dunno why, best scenario)

• Now my final suggestion is to remove the Mg151/20 modification to represent from all or just one f2 in #2 and #3) to represent the shortages it had. With the RAF always being a prioritized because of ideological reasons and limited supply routes their arrival on the battlefield of this upgrade could be delayed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Otherwise i don't think anybody uses the 15mm and the Mig-3 is not that robust of an Airframe with large rads and a comparably vulnerable engine.

Greetings
  • Upvote 1

I wanna make suggestions regarding the planeset, especially regarding map #3 and #5, latter one being the typical mood killer for the last 2 campaigns i had. 
My main concern is how hard/likely it is for the VVS to get a plane that is somewhat on Level with the F4s, namely the Yak-1s69. By all stretch and imagination the LaGG-3 is sub-par to an F4 and requires alot more skill to down a F4.

• map #3 planes to earn with CMs :  LW has to earn the F4 | VVS to earn P40 + Il2 '42 + Yak-1s69 dropping the chance to get the Yak significantly.With the MC.202, the p40s counterpart, being handed out from getgo to LW while Mc.202 was a unicorn in the east. However i see the scheme aimed for is that you have 3 fighters from the start (aiming for 2/2 + 1/1) , so my suggestion here is to get rid of the IL2 '42 being earned for one less '41 from the start to achieve said goal. Even tho earning a P40 is kinda a joke at this point since its outdated by this point

• Map #5 Lagg vs F4 as +1 planes. LaGG may have been the most common fighter (and thanks to stalin for 23mm everywhere otherwise Gn8) but VVS does not get a Yak1 from the Start.                                                                     I'd suggest 1 Lagg 1 Yak and Mig as start or alternatively get rid of the Mig-3 entirely. Or maybe make the F2 as 1/1 CM +1, the point of stockpiling F2 when you have F4s +1 is very mute.
  • The Mig-3 was a short lived production and is has no distinct advantage in a trait over F4s therefore pretty useless at this point IMO:                                                                                                                                                       During a meeting in Moscow on December 23 1941 "We need Il-2s, not MiGs. This is your last warning". The telegram led to the immediate suspension of MiG-3 production                                           http://www.airpages.ru/eng/ru/mig3.shtml                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           30 where built in 1942 from scraps 

Some minor ideas to add a bit of flavor, even tho i don't see them having large impact or being high on the list of necessitys.

• Replace the Pe2 s35 in Map #7 and mby #6 with a S87 without blister, it is potentially facing FW from map #5 onwards and there are people without Moscow (dunno why, best scenario)

• Now my final suggestion is to remove the Mg151/20 modification to represent from all or just one f2 in #2 and #3) to represent the shortages it had. With the RAF always being a prioritized because of ideological reasons and limited supply routes their arrival on the battlefield of this upgrade could be delayed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Otherwise i don't think anybody uses the 15mm and the Mig-3 is not that robust of an Airframe with large rads and a comparably vulnerable engine.

Greetings

There be some big planeset changes in next campaign from map #5 +. Also we'll going to have 9 or 10 maps. More info before next campaign.

But thanks for your suggestions, we'll think about it.

• Upvote 5

This is a bit random, but on my pilot profile it says I have -1/1 Yak-1 ser. 69. It doesn't say how many flights till resupplied, nor can i fly the plane. Is there anything I can do to be able to re-fly the plane?

This is a bit random, but on my pilot profile it says I have -1/1 Yak-1 ser. 69. It doesn't say how many flights till resupplied, nor can i fly the plane. Is there anything I can do to be able to re-fly the plane?

Dear fearlessindian please see and read this link http://taw-server.de/manual.php for better understanding how this server works, what you have to do to earn a plane etc.

Also http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=fearlessindian "NOT VALID PLANE" means you're flying plane that is in debt and if you'll destroy it then its(-1) also no stats will be counted except deaths.

Read manual and rules first.

Multiple players Western US have been running into ping disco's the last several days consistently. Zero issues in the past. Don't know which end is causing it.

here is the reason:

T:227960 AType:6 PID:946315 POS(-nan(ind), -nan(ind), -nan(ind))
T:227965 AType:1 AMMO:explosion AID:946315 TID:954507
T:227966 AType:1 AMMO:explosion AID:1617965 TID:2240569
T:227969 AType:4 PLID:946315 PID:947339 BUL:6450 SH:0 BOMB:0 RCT:0 (-nan(ind),-nan(ind),-nan(ind))
T:227971 AType:2 DMG:0.005 AID:1617965 TID:2240569 POS(58688.496,183.848,184863.844)
T:227977 AType:16 BOTID:947339 POS(-nan(ind),-nan(ind),-nan(ind))

Instead of x,y,z coordinates there are some strange strings in log files. I have to  report it to devs and add some function to the script to handle such strange entries.  
  • Upvote 2

Server is down again

Restarted this morning. Sometimes DServer.exe stops working and I have to restart it manually. The first thing after I wake up lately is to check if server works fine :)

• Upvote 3

Thanks to Darbzy it's gotten me back into BoS, I hope to play on TAW later today, I'm also trying to get people from my group to play also.

Thanks Darbzy for the vid and to the TAW organisers.

• Upvote 2

Despite the misbehaviours of the DServer, this version of TAW has been the best so far IMHO. Good job Kathon and the rest of the TAW team. You guys nailed it!

• Upvote 5

Despite the misbehaviours of the DServer, this version of TAW has been the best so far IMHO. Good job Kathon and the rest of the TAW team. You guys nailed it!

+1.

Only thing I'm missing is Mig-3 in later maps - they were used until quite deep in 1943 and I like them. :)

• Upvote 2

Hi guys, whats the deal with AAA? I tried to attack a vehicle convoy on the road and its like I'm trying to attack a battleship with the amount of AAA coming up. 

Also, shouldn't you have a lot more vehicle convoys and trains? This is a major front and a major part of any battle is logistics ie. keeping your army supplied. Having 1-2 vehicle convoys only is understating it a bit surely. Also, the major roads should have LOTS of vehicles everywhere, even individual trucks, cars, etc. 

Also, where there are rivers/ports, are you guys able to add in more shipping? esp around the ports, moored/anchored. half the time the map is bare when its supposed to be a front line. 

Edited by The_Pharoah

Greetings

I really like this suggestion, hope you will give us more balance, I really think that MG151/20 gunpods are out of picture in the early maps.

I

I am in the black list, hell yeah.

Nice video by the way

• Upvote 3

Thanks to Darbzy it's gotten me back into BoS, I hope to play on TAW later today, I'm also trying to get people from my group to play also.

Thanks Darbzy for the vid and to the TAW organisers.

Hey thanks Retro, kind of you to say so. I can't imagine how much work goes into this server, but this round has been the best one yet for turnout. I've been having a blast despite getting my ass kicked regularly :)

Hi guys, whats the deal with AAA? I tried to attack a vehicle convoy on the road and its like I'm trying to attack a battleship with the amount of AAA coming up. 

Well they are trying to defend themselves :) Attacking ground targets is like suicide and its mostly recommended to attack in pair or bigger group. If you don't have a wingman try to find one on TAW teamspeak. And remember triple "A" is not blind :biggrin:

Also, shouldn't you have a lot more vehicle convoys and trains? This is a major front and a major part of any battle is logistics ie. keeping your army supplied. Having 1-2 vehicle convoys only is understating it a bit surely. Also, the major roads should have LOTS of vehicles everywhere, even individual trucks, cars, etc. 

Also, where there are rivers/ports, are you guys able to add in more shipping? esp around the ports, moored/anchored. half the time the map is bare when its supposed to be a front line.

Map is big enough and number of players is not. Server can handle ~60 players with smooth not lagging play. If we would make much more ground targets then everyone would have massive lags just like on Berloga server when there's 30+ players. Besides actually attacking targets needs good coordination, destroying undamaged tank column needs a lot of fire power same for defence lines. So its not an easy task.

TAW is in constantly development by =LG= squad. We have massive plans but still we want everyone have good performance.

When you'll spend more time flying this server than you have now (0h41m) you will understand mechanics :salute:

• Upvote 2

here is the reason:

T:227960 AType:6 PID:946315 POS(-nan(ind), -nan(ind), -nan(ind))
T:227965 AType:1 AMMO:explosion AID:946315 TID:954507
T:227966 AType:1 AMMO:explosion AID:1617965 TID:2240569
T:227969 AType:4 PLID:946315 PID:947339 BUL:6450 SH:0 BOMB:0 RCT:0 (-nan(ind),-nan(ind),-nan(ind))
T:227971 AType:2 DMG:0.005 AID:1617965 TID:2240569 POS(58688.496,183.848,184863.844)
T:227977 AType:16 BOTID:947339 POS(-nan(ind),-nan(ind),-nan(ind))

Instead of x,y,z coordinates there are some strange strings in log files. I have to  report it to devs and add some function to the script to handle such strange entries.  

Did you get a reply to this from the developers? It happened on our server too.

Whats the best way of dealing with defended convoys? I tired soloing with an IL2 and was immediately shot down, but that was my fault, trying to fly low along the road straight into the AA.

Is it possible to pick out and pick off the AA, maybe coming in from a 90 degree angle to the road??

in the end I grabbed the PE-2 and did some level bombing, but I need to brush up on my technique.

Well they are trying to defend themselves :) Attacking ground targets is like suicide and its mostly recommended to attack in pair or bigger group. If you don't have a wingman try to find one on TAW teamspeak. And remember triple "A" is not blind :biggrin:

Map is big enough and number of players is not. Server can handle ~60 players with smooth not lagging play. If we would make much more ground targets then everyone would have massive lags just like on Berloga server when there's 30+ players. Besides actually attacking targets needs good coordination, destroying undamaged tank column needs a lot of fire power same for defence lines. So its not an easy task.

TAW is in constantly development by =LG= squad. We have massive plans but still we want everyone have good performance.

When you'll spend more time flying this server than you have now (0h41m) you will understand mechanics :salute:

yeah thats understandable. Re my 41 mins to date, have a look at the statistics...something like 4 flights, 4 deaths by AAA. When you're flying a bomber and there's not many others on...what are you supposed to do? 

yeah thats understandable. Re my 41 mins to date, have a look at the statistics...something like 4 flights, 4 deaths by AAA. When you're flying a bomber and there's not many others on...what are you supposed to do? 

Here is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnmOJ-IotLo

Did you get a reply to this from the developers? It happened on our server too.

I reported this problem in the Bugs topic on this forum, hope devs read it.

• Upvote 2

I think he is right at this point. TAW lacks of targets in compare to WoL. By all critique,but WoL creates a more "living" frontline and a more variety on different targets like Habours,ships,industrial facilitys,repair shops,convois etc. and this with a acceptable performance on the server. (leave the other bugs aside)

Dont get me wrong,I like the settings on TAW,the Plane sets,no GPS etc,but the lack of targets and the overdone AAA keeps me away from flying it too much.

my 2 $

I think he is right at this point. TAW lacks of targets in compare to WoL. By all critique,but WoL creates a more "living" frontline and a more variety on different targets like Habours,ships,industrial facilitys,repair shops,convois etc. and this with a acceptable performance on the server. (leave the other bugs aside)

Dont get me wrong,I like the settings on TAW,the Plane sets,no GPS etc,but the lack of targets and the overdone AAA keeps me away from flying it too much.

my 2 $

I disagree with the 'living frontline' part as this one actually moves around depending on events and if I can bomb targets solo without dying from AAA I think anyone could. I suck at bombers. 

my 2 $

More different targets means for us some new actions (destroyed = what happened next etc...).

I think You are right with so many varied targets but please dont forget about playability (fps, pings...).

We still discussing about new oportunities here on TAW, but its not easy and we can't act hastily so its also very time consuming.

• Upvote 2

Thx for the anwser Flogger.

Btw, I have switched the sides to support the Red side on the actual map.But I have only acess to the ´42 IL-2.

I created a new Account on the TAW Page (Red Semor76) and the site tells me that I can fly most of the fighters but ingame I will be kicked if I choose any of them.

What did I wrong?

• Upvote 1