=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Oh, I think i got the idea. In game the tanks are static, they dont move, but with each mission (1:45h) the tanks move map wise, e.g: they get closer to their target. What I think Tumu said is that after 1:45h of map, the server restarts, but the tanks continued to move forward (map wise) while there were defenses. Shouldnt they "not move forward map wise" since there are 1 or more defenses left ? 

Edited by JAGER_Staiger

Thank you for the best TAW campaign we had so far. Both sides are pushing forth and back, lots of good fighting. The Draw mechanic makes campaigns more tense. Map 5 and the outcome is most open.

Good work! lots of right decisions from the last to this campaign. Great work.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 5

Thank you for the best TAW campaign we had so far. Both sides are pushing forth and back, lots of good fighting. The Draw mechanic makes campaigns more tense. Map 5 and the outcome is most open.

Good work! lots of right decisions from the last to this campaign. Great work.

Big thanks from whole LG Squad ;)

PS: Fly more often 'cos every time I see you I try to hunt you down ;) hehehe

• Upvote 1

sadly only have time for 2-3 Sorties per day at the moment.

I wish Sheriff success and luck with his Sortie. At least to see one german on top. ;)

And of course our Bomber Ace Raven!

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi

I just wanted to join the circlejerk and say once again: WELL DONE LG!

I was really scared to play this game without icons but after hearing so much good about previous TAW campaigns I decided to join and try. This is by far the best multiplayer experience I had in any sim and while I'm not nearly half as good as some of you ace guys here, it's been a blast!

I wish you all a lot of air kills, ground kills and nice medals;) See you up there!

• Upvote 2

I don't understand, what map, what AT, what tanks, sector, city etc.

I think he means in general. A heavy damaged german column (which probably may have around 4 tanks alive only) can capture an airfield with its 3 defense points intact (or with light damage). 

• Upvote 1

Shouldnt they "not move forward map wise" since there are 1 or more defenses left ? 

No, tanks convoy moves after each mission toward enemy city. Pilots should support tanks convoy by destroying or damaging enemy defense position.  If tanks are close and there are still defense positions there will be a battle. If tanks win they capture the city. If not then defense and airfield is damaged during the battle, so it should be easier to capture city next time. 

Remember to destroy enemy supply convoys and trains because they will rebuild defense and airfield so it will be harder to capture this city next time.

I just tried to Bomb Nesterevo, and then nothing was rendered in... no Building, no Hanger no Fuel tanks... 

Not even AAA opened up on me ( i don't mind that ;)

Can someone explain why i couldn`t see targets as show in this link: 

http://taw.stg2.de/airfields.php?map=Moscow_North&name=Nesterovo 

Please write a mission number at lest. I assume that it's about mission #428 ( http://taw-server.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=428 ). Building are only on front-line airfields. As you can see on the map from my link that Nesterovo wasn't a front-line city.  On map in the game there is "Attack!"  text over the enemy airfield which means that there are buildings you should destroy. If there is no text there aren't any buildings. 

Kathon. Please delete my profile =KK=Frezak, I've registered on wrong blue side. Thanks

Please change your current name in Pilot profile and then create new correct account. 

I think he means in general. A heavy damaged german column (which probably may have around 4 tanks alive only) can capture an airfield with its 3 defense points intact (or with light damage). 

Such case is rather impossible. Please give me a mission number and city and I will check the number of tanks, defense power and the result. 

Maybe  mission 435 is a good example...

Kalinin have 2 defence position.... 

Reds manage to destroy some tanks and vehicles on column... i dont see blues atack or destroy our defences towars kalinin... end mision tank column conquest kalinin ... maybe 2 AT dont are enought to defence base.... i supose.

On general i check missions, and its true...  works fine, but some missions have strange results.

thx

• Upvote 1

Maybe  mission 435 is a good example...

Kalinin have 2 defence position.... 

Reds manage to destroy some tanks and vehicles on column... i dont see blues atack or destroy our defences towars kalinin... end mision tank column conquest kalinin ... maybe 2 AT dont are enought to defence base.... i supose.

On general i check missions, and its true...  works fine, but some missions have strange results.

thx

First you have to remember that each defense position consists of several different objects like tanks, armored trucks, bm13, dugouts. The more objects were destroyed in previous missions the weaker defense will be. Each position maybe full of objects (intact) or a few objects (heavily damaged). Example: defense with only one position but full objects is equal to defense with three position but 33% of objects each. So number of defense position is less important that total number of all objects in them.

Now mission #435

- Enemy tanks convoy (19 tanks + 12 trucks) advancing from Staritsa to Kalinin

- Defense in Kalinin consist of two positions with 46% of objects in total. So it has only half of the strength. It was attacked by another tank convoy from Simonkowo after previous mission #434.

- During this mission only 1 tank and 4 trucks and 4 AA were destroyed in enemy tank convoy

- After this mission there was a battle and defense was destroyed and only 4 tanks left in convoy and they captured Kalinin (this battle was simulated between missions by the script)

So if the defense has been less destroyed in previous mission then it would have won the battle. 

I hope I helped.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 5

Can something be done about the flak? No, not the flak over convoys, not the flak over depots or even airbases. No, I'm talking about the worst flak of all - the heavy flak that shoots you in your own territory. I am literally being shot at more in friendly territory by batteries of heavy flak that somehow magically have appeared than I am getting in enemy territory. The result is frequently that enemy aircraft have a big pointer saying "enemy aircraft nearby" so when defending it is harder than being on the attack. This is 100% backwards...there should be hostile random flak in enemy territory, not your own.

Why is it this way?

3 minutes of PURE BLISS

how do you manage to drop your bombs on target on the road in a JU88. Tried a few times, but they're  usually a few meters from center to either side of the road

Edited by herne6210

how do you manage to drop your bombs on target on the road in a JU88. Tried a few times, but they're  usually a few meters from center to either side of the road

Lower your bomb timer and be conscious of wind strength and direction

He Artur. Maybe next time ;)

hehehehe you bastard ! :happy:  I'll get you ! :salute:

Still busy getting the rest of your yak-1b out of my radiator. :P   :salute:

Have you got the video where someone tried to drop a bomb on your ju88?

Why would anyone try such a stupid thing :)

• Upvote 2

post-19149-0-87962600-1499090388_thumb.jpg

post-19149-0-69910200-1499090327_thumb.jpg

How did  we manage to  lost 6 citys in 4 hours when nobody in the sever on both side? and 7th almost lost.......... 

BTW  and how the hell I become a "Founder" ?     :D 

Edited by III./JG5_Georgelee

Calm down. Kathon is already working on it. 

I am Calm.... no one can join the multiplayer game anyway  :D

Edited by III./JG5_Georgelee

attachicon.gifcurr_gen_map.jpg

attachicon.gifQQ图片20170703160013.jpg

How did  we manage to  lost 6 citys in 4 hours when nobody in the sever on both side? and 7th almost lost.......... 

BTW  and how the hell I become a "Founder" ?     :D 

I was there, don't you love my new bomb load-out :)

o7

• Upvote 1

Last map has been fixed. 

• Upvote 1

Be lined up with the road prior to diving, taking into account wind speed/direction, and keep doing it until you get the hang of it. I still miss all the time. 

Have you got the video where someone tried to drop a bomb on your ju88?

That will be in the next one lol - - - -

I really wish we could get everyone on a common Teamspeak for usage in this campaign.  I took a half a year break from IL-2 and TAW and numbers seem to have gone up a bit, but we're still relying on chat to have comms.  I've not seen more than 5 dudes at one time on the TAW TS, and the official has been a smattering of dudes doing different things it seems.  Even with the language barrier one dude can speak broken English usually at the least allowing some overall coordination.  This community would explode if we could get that "your part of the family" feel going on, I think TS is where it begins.

"We use our own TS is not a viable response when we're talking large scale Tactical Air War where coord. is key.

Looks like your post was ignored. The same thing happens when I'm in game and ask why none of the 30-60 players are on TS, no one even acknowledges. This is a great server but the total lack of communication and effort to get on TS to coordinate really takes things down a few levels. Like Banzaii said, the best I've seen is about 5 people on TS at a time, the rest are out by themselves relying on chat which is a poor choice. I asked today for people to get on TS and someone said they are on their own TS. Great, that doesn't help the team. I'll use my squads TS if no one is on the server's TS, but I/we will switch to the TAW TS if anyone ever gets on it. This is a huge problem here and I'd like to think this community would fix it.