Photo

Tactical Air War

• Please log in to reply
5385 replies to this topic

#5361 Joachim_Momsen

Joachim_Momsen
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 20:46

Could you please delete or lock my old account //KG33Momsen and unlock the new one Joachim_Momsen? Im getting crazy right now

Kampfgeschwader 33

#5362 [TWB]Pand

[TWB]Pand
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 20:56

when faced with consistent overwhelming odds

i.e. 15.76 vs 14.7 (14d avg)? :scratch_one-s_head:

You're obviously not a statistics guy :)    There's more to consider than just saying there's only 1 pilot difference over the 14 day average.

While Disarray uses the word consistent, which may apply to the "flying window" of when he has availability to play... if that window is USA prime time, 9PM-2AM EDT window, it more often than not favors the Germans in regards to raw numbers.  You can interpret from the chart below instead of just looking at the number average (which is only 1 pilot difference over the last 14 days), the Germans clearly have much higher peaks and sustained numbers over the Russians for longer periods of time.

Attached File  Capture.JPG   88.97KB   1 downloads

Hope this helps :)

pandemoniumsignature-logo.gif

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits - http://www.thewetbandits.org

"Cheers Dakpilot" - Dakpilot

#5363 AKA_Scorp

AKA_Scorp
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 22:30

With TAW as popular as it is I would say that there is a lot more right than wrong with how it is run.  Any changes made will have unforeseen consequences so IMO need to be small tweaks rather than major changes.

The only change I would recommend is to limit each side to a maximum of 50% of the server capacity.  That might help to keep the sides more on par and prevent one side from filling up the majority of the slots early in the mission thus preventing the other sides pilots from joining.

#5364 JG4_dingsda

JG4_dingsda
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 22:42

Pand' timestamp='1506113798' post='513955'] While Disarray uses the word consistent, which may apply to the "flying window" of when he has availability to play...

It seemed to me, that he wanted to make a point about the campaign in general, not about his "flying window".

Pand' timestamp='1506113798' post='513955'] You're obviously not a statistics guy :)

Ok. I have no problems remaining silent if I can't contribute. :)

„Jede Nation spottet über die andere, und alle haben recht.“ -- A.S.

#5365 4./JG52_Riksen

4./JG52_Riksen

Posted Today, 00:40

I would like to take this moment to say thank you to HenHawk for saving my a** earlier today. Without your help, 72 would not have been possible.

Cheers mate

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-727-0285-23%2C_Ru

cRppyZL.png

TNOIc7P.png

#5366 NO_SQDeriku777

NO_SQDeriku777

Posted Today, 02:02

Well said Chief, well said. 
I am exactly of your Opinion. 

Maybe another Suggestion would be to limit Aircraft by Pilot Rank and Multiply Pilot Lives for Ground Pounders, as well as Mods. 
So a Novice Pilot would be limited to "Handmedowns", a Basic Ground Pounder with all the Fun Stuff locked or a Fighter without Options. 

The More you Rise in the Ranks the more you can Upgrade your Planes and the More Planes you can fly. 
This would also apply to Squadrons, so in a Squadron all Pilots would be locked to the same Kind of Rank within a Hirarchy dependent on Achievement. 

So if enough Squadron Points are gained, all Pilots of that Squad can fly the same kind of Aircraft. 
A Low Ranking Squad for example would only be able to fly Stukas with maximum 1000kg Bombload exluding SC-1000, once they rise up, they are allowed to transition to better Aircraft like Ju-88. And the more they Progress the better Planes and Loadouts they are allowed get.

Aircraft loss will result in Lowering of Pilot Rank and thus Reduction of Options. The Amount of Aircraft is unlimited. 

And just to prevent a lot of the Frustration: Every Pilot gets 3 Lives for Free. If he gets killed once, his life can be recovered by flying 8-15 CMs without dieing. 

If you die 3 times in quick successions you start from Scratch.

A fantastic idea! I would even enforce load out restrictions that only unlock with rank. You want your crew chief to remove that rear armor that blocking your view? Well Mr. Fresh to the Eastern Front still smelling like a French bawdy house, screw you. Fly a few missions and come back alive and maybe we'll talk about getting you that full plate removed and those 20 mils you've been whining about.

#5367 Haza

Haza

Posted Today, 03:12

A fantastic idea! I would even enforce load out restrictions that only unlock with rank. You want your crew chief to remove that rear armor that blocking your view? Well Mr. Fresh to the Eastern Front still smelling like a French bawdy house, screw you. Fly a few missions and come back alive and maybe we'll talk about getting you that full plate removed and those 20 mils you've been whining about.

I personally think that this type of modding or having to do things to unlock items is similar to what Jason stopped in the IL2 series and doing it here would drive guys away.

Edited by Haza, Today, 03:17.

#5368 Haza

Haza

Posted Today, 05:54

Gents,

Is the server down as I cant get either the web page or log into the actual game!?

Regards

Edited by Haza, Today, 05:54.

#5369 HenHawk

HenHawk
  • Founder

Posted Today, 06:41

I would like to take this moment to say thank you to HenHawk for saving my a** earlier today. Without your help, 72 would not have been possible.

Cheers mate

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-727-0285-23%2C_Ru

No problem, just happy I could help, always great flying with you!  You've saved plenty of guys that found themselves in jams, as you're one of the minority of blue fighter pilots that actually coordinates/covers objectives and ground-pounders. Congrats on 72!  

#5370 Smouch

Smouch
  • Founder

Posted Today, 07:31

Gents,

Is the server down as I cant get either the web page or log into the actual game!?

Regards

Same here...

Respect is something you earn. You can't beg, borrow or steal it
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, MSI B350M Bazooka, G-Skill 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM (16Gb), GTX 1060Ti 6Gb, X-52 Stick, Pedals & Quadrant, TrackIR 4 win 10

#5371 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
  • Tester

Posted Today, 07:42

This would also make Squadron Life easier since you don't end up with a Squadron where they have to cobble together Mixed Aircraft Flights because one of them lost all his 110s and has to take an 88, on only has an E-2 and the Third takes a G-2. This is annoying and disrupts Squad/Teamplay

It would just get less complicated  with my System. 

And the System is already in Place with Pilot Rankings which right now serve nothing except Bragging. With my System all of the Aircraft confusion, who has lost what etc. would fall away, and your Choices would only be limited by the Prestige your Squad has earned and how Valued it is in the eyes of the Generalstab of the Luftwaffe. 

And the more Prestigious you Wing becomes the better it's Propaganda Value.

Now, how Personal Rank and Squadron Rank would interact would basically be an Override of the Squadron over the Individual, so even if the Lowest Ranking Pilot barely has gotten his Pubes to grow right, would get to fly whatever his Squadron is entitled to, by the average of it's Pilot's Skill. 

Maybe the highest Prestige Squadrons could get special Mission Types, Dambusters style, 111s with 2500kgs etc. 

9dNzTpe.jpg
2iW21Np.jpg

#5372 HenHawk

HenHawk
  • Founder

Posted Today, 08:00

Server (and everything) is down again. Wish there was someone usually available at this time of day that had access to resetting it. Seems to happen a lot.

#5373 Haza

Haza

Posted Today, 08:31

This would also make Squadron Life easier since you don't end up with a Squadron where they have to cobble together Mixed Aircraft Flights because one of them lost all his 110s and has to take an 88, on only has an E-2 and the Third takes a G-2. This is annoying and disrupts Squad/Teamplay

It would just get less complicated  with my System. 

And the System is already in Place with Pilot Rankings which right now serve nothing except Bragging. With my System all of the Aircraft confusion, who has lost what etc. would fall away, and your Choices would only be limited by the Prestige your Squad has earned and how Valued it is in the eyes of the Generalstab of the Luftwaffe. 

And the more Prestigious you Wing becomes the better it's Propaganda Value.

Now, how Personal Rank and Squadron Rank would interact would basically be an Override of the Squadron over the Individual, so even if the Lowest Ranking Pilot barely has gotten his Pubes to grow right, would get to fly whatever his Squadron is entitled to, by the average of it's Pilot's Skill. 

Maybe the highest Prestige Squadrons could get special Mission Types, Dambusters style, 111s with 2500kgs etc. 

Now we are starting to make TAW an elitist server!

Not for me, sorry!

#5374 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
  • Tester

Posted Today, 10:46

Now we are starting to make TAW an elitist server!

Not for me, sorry!

I want to make it what it sais in the Name, a "War" Server. And a "War" Server has to promote Coordination and the current system just sucks quite plainly and Focusses too much on singular Airplanes and Individual Pilots. 

And how would it be more Elitist than the current System? It's already the Case that only the Best Players get the Best Fighters, but as of now the Lower Caste of Players suffers a lot, since they are more likely to loose Aircraft to Superior Pilots in superior Craft now, so the Lower Caste are doubely fucked. 

My System would reduce exactly that, since a Fighter Pilot will always have Access to a Fighter, unless he sucks to a Degree that he is Demoted to Transport Pilot. 

But the Buffer is far larger. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann, Today, 10:47.

9dNzTpe.jpg
2iW21Np.jpg

#5375 Haza

Haza

Posted Today, 12:08

I want to make it what it sais in the Name, a "War" Server. And a "War" Server has to promote Coordination and the current system just sucks quite plainly and Focusses too much on singular Airplanes and Individual Pilots. 

And how would it be more Elitist than the current System? It's already the Case that only the Best Players get the Best Fighters, but as of now the Lower Caste of Players suffers a lot, since they are more likely to loose Aircraft to Superior Pilots in superior Craft now, so the Lower Caste are doubely fucked. 

My System would reduce exactly that, since a Fighter Pilot will always have Access to a Fighter, unless he sucks to a Degree that he is Demoted to Transport Pilot. 

Klaus_Mann,

I appreciate what you are trying to achieve, however, at the end of the day this is a game with a very small gene pool and not everybody wants to join a SQN.  I have seen lots of coordination between none Sqn based factions so you do not need a lot of the same squad in a game for a good game to be had by all.

I do not believe that the best players get the best aircraft as you only have to do a few minor re-supply missions to get enough CM points to get other aircraft, so no I do not believe that the "Best Players get the Best fighters".  Loosing aircraft to better players is a way of life and this only comes with experience, that thankfully we only have virtual lives to worry about.  I think that we need to embrace new players not restrict them, as to be honest the majority of guys would join, loose all their aircraft then leave to play on other servers.

We could talk about this subject until the cows come home and I have no idea how to fix it, although I'm not knocking you for your ideas, just pointing out potential pit falls.

As it stands I'm having the best time ever on TAW and I'm sure it will get better, therefore, perhaps we need to "tweak" things a little bit at a time to sort it.  I believe, as I have said before, we should have a total number of pilot lives per side based on fighter/bomber and transport roles.  Anyway, this debate to me just shows how much the TAW server has grown with more and more players coming here to support it.  Lets keep that trend growing without squashing newbies!

Regards

#5376 Joachim_Momsen

Joachim_Momsen
  • Founder

Posted Today, 12:55

Salute Kathon!

Could you maybe please unlock my Account Name "Joachim Momsen" and delete my old one "//KG33Momsen" since i'm not a part of KG33 anymore?

Thank you,

Momsen

Kampfgeschwader 33

#5377 Disarray

Disarray

Posted Today, 16:26

How would your system help a player like me though? I don't fly with a large group of people. At most I fly with 4 other people, and 1 or 2 of those consistently; the others are up to other things. With your system the small group of people I play with will have to compete with the larger and better organized groups on my own team for equipment as well as those other groups and individuals on the opposing team? Sounds like your way will make it harder for me and mine.

If you want to promote a war like coordination among players there are better ways than making access to equipment gated differently form the way it is now. Making the objectives show up on the map sequentially comes to mind, or make it so planes taking off from one air field can only see certain objectives on the map. This would make it so players working off of one AF all work on the same objective - simulating the local squadron(s) reviving orders from high command. That is way more accurate to military operations than the way the game is played right now, where it is up to individual pilots which objectives, if any, they will pursue. That is the biggest departure from military organization found in this game. In real armies you can't just decide to do whatever you feel like doing. You get your orders and you follow them. If you fail to follow orders there are often unpleasant consequences, up to and including getting shot in the back of the head for some armies of this particular war.

#5378 4./JG52_Manu653

4./JG52_Manu653
  • Founder

Posted Today, 16:32

Salute Kathon!

Could you maybe please unlock my Account Name "Joachim Momsen" and delete my old one "//KG33Momsen" since i'm not a part of KG33 anymore?

Thank you,

Momsen

Momsen change in TAW website KG33Momsen to Joachim Momsen in profile.

If I remember it's not very hard but it's a no go that admin will do it for you.

Edited by 57.GIAP_Manu653, Today, 16:33.

tiny.jpg

http://simulatedaircombat.enjin.com/home

#5379 gx007

gx007
  • Founder

Posted Today, 17:03

Hey all,

New to TAW here. Love the challenges and team effort. 

Question: why do I not get fighters or ground attack planes after earning points? It's loading up my BoS plane suite but I'm stuck with Pe2 and transports in BoM. 

http://taw.stg2.de/p....php?name=gx007

thanks

Win7 64 bit, SP1   *   MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0   *   CPU: Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 3550 3.30 Ghz 6MB cache LGA 1155 77W   *   C-Drive: SSD: Samsung SSD 840 Series   *   RAM: Patriot Memory  DDR3 2x4 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz   *   GPU: EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP, DirectX 10.0   *   PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W RT   *   Display: Samsung Syncmaster 216 BW   *   Input: Logitech G15 keybd, CH pedals, Fighter Stick, Throttle Quadrant, MFP, Saitek X52 throttle, TrackIR 3 with Clip Pro

#5380 NO_SQDeriku777

NO_SQDeriku777

Posted Today, 17:13

I don't think equipment unlocks should be tied to squad stats as not everyone is in a squad. I think that accelerated promotions when there are serious numerical disparities would quickly solve some issues. People that have to fly outnumbered and who survive should be rewarded with better planes/equipment. Those flying with massive numerical superiority should be promoted more slowly since, in theory, they are not at as much risk as the outnumbered side.

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777, Today, 17:19.

#5381 Disarray

Disarray

Posted Today, 17:17

Hey all,

New to TAW here. Love the challenges and team effort. 

Question: why do I not get fighters or ground attack planes after earning points? It's loading up my BoS plane suite but I'm stuck with Pe2 and transports in BoM. 

http://taw.stg2.de/p....php?name=gx007

thanks

The reason you are stuck with those BOM planes is those are the only BOM planes available on this map. You can fly missions until you are blue in the face and you will never get more BOM planes this map, or the next one. You do have a fair amount of fighters though, LaGGs, Yaks and LA 5's.

#5382 gx007

gx007
  • Founder

Posted Today, 17:28

Thanks Disarray,

I'm still baffled. This week I flew a Mig for 25 minutes as the map ended while safely in flight. Next map no Mig. I'm trying to understand the reasoning/logic. I see other fighters taking off. Is this because I'm "junior" rank in TAW?

I read about no VVS fighter support at times. I'd be more than happy to provide CAP or escort. But I seem to be type-cast as a FedEx driver.

Thank you for the clarification.

Win7 64 bit, SP1   *   MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0   *   CPU: Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 3550 3.30 Ghz 6MB cache LGA 1155 77W   *   C-Drive: SSD: Samsung SSD 840 Series   *   RAM: Patriot Memory  DDR3 2x4 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz   *   GPU: EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP, DirectX 10.0   *   PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W RT   *   Display: Samsung Syncmaster 216 BW   *   Input: Logitech G15 keybd, CH pedals, Fighter Stick, Throttle Quadrant, MFP, Saitek X52 throttle, TrackIR 3 with Clip Pro

#5383 blitze

blitze

Posted Today, 18:47

Don't worry gx007, I seem to be most successful as a bus driver. Ground attack is the name of the game and either the Il2, Pe2 or 110 and Ju88, well they pound nicely.

I must admit, I can't hit Tanks for !+=£* the 82 rockets always fall short for me and trees get in the way. Actually, the prevalence of tree lined roads for convoys on these maps are a little silly. Sure they passed through forests but especially for tanks, they should be in the open as they are useless and vulnerable to infantry in wooded areas.  Supply and mechanised infantry would be suited to covered areas.

Anyway, seems like I am better with a bus in my hands with a heavy loadout than a scalpel. :lol:

When I mortgage the house for a food HMD, computer and controls, bus driving it is unless I want to provide target practice to the opposing team.

#5384 middlefinger

middlefinger

Posted Today, 19:19

Same here...

same here

I cant get on the web page, but i can load the game.

Edited by middlefinger, Today, 19:23.

#5385 Disarray

Disarray

Posted Today, 20:29

Thanks Disarray,

I'm still baffled. This week I flew a Mig for 25 minutes as the map ended while safely in flight. Next map no Mig. I'm trying to understand the reasoning/logic. I see other fighters taking off. Is this because I'm "junior" rank in TAW?

I read about no VVS fighter support at times. I'd be more than happy to provide CAP or escort. But I seem to be type-cast as a FedEx driver.

Thank you for the clarification.

From the sounds of it you flew that mission in a Mig on the last round of map 5. Once that round ended the Soviet team was declared the winner of the map and map 6 started. With a new map comes a new plane set. When this happens you are reset to the initial plane set for that map and you start accruing new planes from the available pool for that map. Even though map 6 is set over Moscow you can still use the BOS planes you have available to you; those listed in your hanger on the server's web page. Looking at that page I can see that you have 2 LaGGs, one Yak and an LA 5 available for use right now in terms of fighters. Rank has no bearing on the equipment you have available to you.

Edited by Disarray, Today, 20:33.

#5386 Ala13_Antiguo

Ala13_Antiguo
  • Founder

Posted Today, 21:06

Some of you are obsessed with the numerical superiodity in a side, because that superiority occurs at certain times of the day, depending on which time zone is connected ..... so I found myself flying from German (this campaign, the previous volle of Russian, and the next return of Russian) with aerial superiority in the Russian side, and other times in the German side ..... everything depends on which hour you connect and you fly ....

By the way the TAW is the TAW and the Random is the Random.
take their planes, look for new tactics, analyze their mistakes .... and they fly again, measures that prohibit MISTAKEN or DIE only lead to boredom, and not wanting to take risks.

That would be Rudel if he said "I with the Stuka do not fly ... that kill me" or any Russian pilot "is that the LAGG does not run", in war as in life you have to take risks, sometimes with success and sometimes without the .... if you do not risk nothing is achieved, if we start to put rules that if you kill you do not fly, if your squadron is such ... etc, if you take the risks without risk and are penalized the blows of the hand and the bold attacks (not suicidal) then the TAW will become a campaign without emotion, without dynamism, without life .....

in case somebody wants to get me the lace, in this campaign I have been killed 1 time, at 29h: 21min,

in Spanish for Spanish-speaking peers

Algunos de ustedes estan obsesionados con la superiodidad numerica en un bando , pues esa superioridad se da a determinadas horas del dia , dependiendo en que zona horaria se conecte .....asi me he encontrado volando de aleman ( esta campaña , la anterior vole de ruso , y la proxima vuelvo de ruso )  con superioridad aerea en el bando ruso , y otras veces en el bando aleman  .....todo depende a que hora  te conectes y vueles ....

Por cierto  la TAW es la TAW y el Random es el Random .
cojan sus aviones , busquen nuevas tácticas , analicen sus errores .... y vuelvan a volar , medidas que prohiban EQUIVOCARSE  o MORIR  solo llevan al aburrimiento , y  al no querer arriesgarse  .

Que sería de Rudel si dijera " yo con el Stuka no vuelo ...que me matan " o de cualquier piloto ruso " es que el LAGG no corre " , en la guerra como en la vida hay que asumir riesgos , a veces con exito y a veces sin el ....si no se arriesga no se consigue nada , si empezamos a poner normas de que si te matan no vuelas , si tu escuadron es tal ...etc , si se priman los vuelos sin riesgos y se penalizan los golpes de mano y los ataques audaces ( no suicidas ) entonces la TAW se convertira en una campaña sin emocion , sin dinamismo , sin vida .....

por si alguno quiere sacarme la puntilla , en esta campaña me han matado 1 vez , en 29h:21min , 

Saludos   ....regards

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo, Today, 21:08.

planka_blue.png

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

DerSheriff, Operation_Ivy