=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

What now. No chance? A small chance? at what weather? Only chance without AAA? Why is there no AAA in the video? I guess its taken out? Geez

What can I say? We are arguing what is better. On one hand we have stats from live server where the pilot himself says he took out 18 tanks just with the cannons on il2 and his stats support it. On the other hand same pilot provides evidence that 88 can do the same, but not on a live server and with perfectly spaced and aligned tanks standing in the open with no trees around them no AAA etc

Of course theoretically 88 can take out 44 tanks of any size. I talk from actual observations and experience - not dreams.

Edited by JaffaCake

I really can't stand all the crylng anymore. the germans have big fat bombs, and a lot of planes who can carry them.

This.

What can I say? We are arguing what is better. On one hand we have stats from live server where the pilot himself says he took out 18 tanks just with the cannons on il2 and his stats support it. On the other hand same pilot provides evidence that 88 can do the same, but not on a live server and with perfectly spaced and aligned tanks standing in the open with no trees around them no AAA etc

Of course theoretically 88 can take out 44 tanks of any size. I talk from actual observations and experience - not dreams.

Jaffa, have you seen HvB Video on how to carpet bomb on a JU 88? Unfortunately, I can't find anymore it on youtube. 

Let me tell you  this: It works.

Let me tell you something else: Not everybody can do it. Why? It needs practice.

Let me tell you another truth: The guys wrecking tanks in IL2 have skill. Ever tried yourself wreck a whole column of tanks in a IL2? 

If all the energy for crying would be used to learn things we would live in a better society.

Fly safe o7

Emu

Edit for HvB: May you please repost the video on YT and here? 

Edited by Emuyen
  • Upvote 1

WWII planes was not equal. Some where better some where not so what is this disscission all about ? IL2 was rapeing german ground units and that is all about this plane. Do you want equal planes ? Go shitthunder or other games... If you want to destroy maximum number of units you have to practice, have a winger, be on comms (ts) and you will make it :-)

• Upvote 1

What now. No chance? A small chance? at what weather? Only chance without AAA? Why is there no AAA in the video? I guess its taken out? Geez

edit: I just saw that he uses indeed a test map. However on a serious side. Its wrong to say that the AAA is a real problem if dealt with correctly. 1-2 fighters can deal with the AAA. The Bombers can drop their stuff. One ju88 can carry enough stuff to blow up a lot of tanks.

I personally won't use ju88s for the Tanks. 110s and later on fw190s are very good for the job as they can deal with the AAAs by themselfs. I really can't stand all the crylng anymore. the germans have big fat bombs, and a lot of planes who can carry them.

It gets frustrating when we keep going in circles around this argument :) Il2 is better at taking tanks out. I do not whine that LW needs a better anti-tank plane. I simply point out that VVS had a tank counter last season that they needed to bring to 400. LW had no chance to compete with that counter - because their planes are worse at killing tanks! FW190 or ME110 are not able to take out 18 tanks with AAA cover. LW did not have an equivalent counter that they had advantage over - such as ground targets destroyed as a whole.

LW and VVS without any ground counters for wins, no problem

VVS with tank counter and LW with ground units destroyed counters? no problem

VVS with tank counter and LW with no counter - an issue where VVS just focuses on padding the counter and wins.

I am not asking to fix IL2 or VVS capability to deal with tanks. I ask to account for it so that the game victory conditions do not favour a particular side. Last season VVS overwhelmingly won, with most of these victories through the tank limit - and that was done against overwhelming odds with LW commonly 10-20 players up.

This season VVS feels like they lost the easy goal to pad the number and thus lost their organisation and focus on still killing the tanks that would capture their airfields.

I am sure if VVS had no tank counter, but LW had, say, factory-destroyed counter that they needed to bring up to I dunno - tree fiddy number - we would have a whole discussion how LW bombers have advantage at killing factories because they fly high and can drop large bombs and how it is unfair to VVS with pe2 that can only carry half the bombload of he111

Edited by JaffaCake

First i wall say thanks for the last TAW Campaign.

JG4 have here many good Hours.

The Campaign System is realy good,and i like it.

We fly many Missions with old Friends or as a Team.The TS Server helps a lot for taktical Stuff.

Thanks so far ,and i cant wait for the next Campaign.

When will this start ? :P

• Upvote 1

I also destroyed 18 pieces of PzIV at the test site. TAW server does not have 18 pieces of PzIV. Here half the lungs PZ38 - Which are destroyed even easier
Edited by SDV_Fin_19

Edit for HvB: May you please repost the video on YT and here? 

Sorry man, I took that youtube page down a while back because many of the tips I showed in my videos were no longer relevant because of changes made on the TAW server, and I didn't want somebody to hit a tank column from the rear at 550 kph and have four M4 flak guns tear him a new asshole because of changes to the flak component. 

I didn't plan to make any more videos, but I changed my mind and have a new page up, and in 2-3 days I will post a new video showing how I figured out how to beat the new flak layout.

New page - - - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoTlxHJ67ng55s-1TChRLwQ

• Upvote 2

The advantage of the Reds in the destruction of tanks. The advantage of the blue in the destruction of warehouses (making the tank columns weaker), the closure of airfields and their capture with bombs. Which side quickly realizes its advantage, that one wins. And if even the limit on the tanks, the blue would still win, because, for them began to play a lot of pilots with a high level.

But the server administration listened to the sobbing of the weak part of the blue team and now any blue victory with these rules will look like a reminder of past failures.
Blue could not defeat the Reds, they admitted their defeat and asked for preferences.
Enjoy now your facke victories, if they certainly have the blue ones yet)
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the delay, I was a little bit busy last time, but here they are - medals and diplomas for the best of You, participating in seventh edition of Tactical Air War. As my friend said, congratulations to all, LW for winning and Reds for defending their Motherland. Next campaign will start soon. All are welcome!

BEST FIGHTERS

17426250_1794423797535600_24143893934419

17457390_1794423840868929_23856249667736

17553666_1794423847535595_75227000242357

17522801_1794423760868937_48722013667582

17499111_1794423877535592_43766570245433

17426209_1794423854202261_70381946840825

17554047_1794423904202256_57502470676366

17554498_1794423914202255_37023046498615

17499429_1794423957535584_94494816321294

17522855_1794423930868920_65705443501893

• Upvote 4

It looks like the VVS got massacred, mainly because they stopped attacking tank columns, which resulted in a few of their airbases being taken by the Germans. It seems strange that there are not more squadrons flying Il2s, maybe the TAW should let everyone start with 10 Il2s and Stukas? That way, ground attack squadrons will take longer to cripple by down most of their planes.

It looks like the VVS got massacred, mainly because they stopped attacking tank columns, which resulted in a few of their airbases being taken by the Germans. It seems strange that there are not more squadrons flying Il2s, maybe the TAW should let everyone start with 10 Il2s and Stukas? That way, ground attack squadrons will take longer to cripple by down most of their planes.

It also helps when you have a pilot in your faction that can go 52 - 0 with an additional 383 ground units destroyed. :rolleyes:

You cannot really attack tank columns if the playerratio is 4:1 against you. Other than that the VVS basically gave up after map 3 from what I've seen.

• Upvote 3

Food for thought;

On the last two campaigns there has been major side imbalance, sometimes as high as 10:1, apparently caused by loss of VVS players.  This could be due to changes/elimination to target parameters like max tank kill, etc.  Maybe these should be reviewed and re-implemented.

Allowing switching sides, by changing website names, to balance sides has not worked to balance sides and was also not the cause of the imbalance.  Allowing players to choose sides at the time of sortie, vs the entire campaign, does help to balance sides. (see below* for RE+ 3 and 7 day graph).  Allowing players to switch sides could be handled in the stats in a manner I previously posted.

The way I see this could work in the stats, hopefully with little re-write as possible, is that all pilots would have two stat pages or tabs, one for each side. All the information as currently presented on your pilot for planes, awards, statistics and sorties would stay the same, only you would have two such "sheets". You'd be given the normal plane set for each side at the beginning of each map. The appropriate sheet would be updated depending on which side you flew in a sortie. Only that side would gain from a successful sortie and if you die, only that side would suffer. You could, essentially, have two careers going at the same time. Totals from both sheets would then be combined to arrive at pilot and squad totals in the Statistics Overview (instead of two different pilots IDs) and on the Map page where it shows top five fighter, bomber, etc.

*Random Expert+ Server:

33549968772_5441ce759a_c.jpg

I salute your work on this server.  It is never an easy task.  There are many very good features.  I hope things can be tweaked to diminish the recent imbalances.

Cheers!

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

*see two graphs as identically as can be in an un-controlled server*
*reads people complaining about "imbalance* WTF is wrong with you?!

"oh no, at 7:34 pm , there were 2 more Germans than Russians on the server! we're all doomed!"

You obviously can't you read.  BTW, you may want to see a doctor about the froth around your mouth.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

I plan to start next campaign on Sunday. Still testing new features so more info about "what's new" tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

I plan to start next campaign on Sunday. Still testing new features so more info about "what's new" tomorrow.

Will the rules change?

Yes. This time we'll be flying co-op campaign. We decided to fly blue. All interested can registe at web at 8 pm gmt+1. We hope you guys enjoy it !

• Upvote 2

You almost had me there Artur, just about for 5 seconds, before my coffee kicked in and I took a look at the date. :D

• Upvote 1

You almost had me there Artur, just about for 5 seconds, before my coffee kicked in and I took a look at the date. :D

Oh come on you could hold on with it for a little bit :) But 5sec is good enough :D

New TAW campaign starts on Sunday 02.04.17 at about 18:00 UTC

What's new:

• Bug when pilot kill event wasn't counted has been fixed (it happened sometimes after bail out)
  • Tanks limit is 650 now. If one side exceeds the tanks limit it's unable to produce tanks convoys (a map isn't ended then). This side can still defend. If two sides exceed the tank limit then the map ends in a draw. Aircraft/pilots limit end map with a victory as before. 
  • Damaged or destroyed depot add some "destroyed tanks" to the global statistics with limit. About 20 tanks when two depot are destroyed. Less tanks when depot is only damaged.
  • Capturing airfields by transport planes is not possible anymore. They can be captured by tanks or paratroopers now. 
  • Aircraft Il-2 '41 and Il-2 '42 have locked 23/37mm and they have tag 'locked' on the airfield. There are additional limited Il-2 '41/42 with unlocked 23/37mm. The number of those depends on depot destruction and airfield destruction. The more depot is destroyed then lower the probability that unlocked aircraft is enable on the particular airfield.
  • Aircraft Ju-88 and He-111 have locked big bombs SC1000+. and they have tag 'locked' on the airfield. There are additional limited Ju-88/He-11 with unlocked SC1000. The number of those depends on depot destruction and airfield destruction. They aren't available on the front line airfields. 
  • Airfields layout with targets added on the web site. Click on the city name on the main page to see the airfield layout. Only main targets need to be destroy. The orientation of the main target may be different (they may be rotated by different angle)
  • Slightly changed plane set:

planeset_v1_4_6.jpg

Registration will be open tomorrow because not everything is finished yet.

Good luck!

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 10

Here at last planeset norms! :good:  And the megabombs were removed :good:, only on the henkel the poor had to be left. 

Kathon the good fellow! The best admin! :salute:

Edited by SDV_Fin_19

• Aircraft Il-2 '41 and Il-2 '42 have locked 23/37mm and they have tag 'locked' on the airfield. There are additional limited Il-2 '41/42 with unlocked 23/37mm. 

Ok, and Stuka have not limited 37mm or SC1000?

Edited by CSAF_Tistar

How freaking good does the intel-pictures of the airfield look?!  :clapping:

Thank you a thousand time! WOW! 

EDIT: Zubtsov's picture seems to be broken.

Edited by Emuyen
  • Upvote 1

Due to the fact that the main historical armament of Il-2 VYA-23 cannon is closed, the main part of the pilots of the red attacking aircraft is going to skip this campaign.

Just keep this in mind ...

• Upvote 1

I made this TAW-specific video primarily for Luftwaffe ground attack folks, but many parts are relevant to the PE-2 and IL-2. It contains a fairly detailed analysis of AI AAA activation and reaction, and many tips on attacking columns and defensive positions. 

Contents: Gratuitous profanity, bikinis, and a fresh perspective on Luftwaffe Ground Attack in TAW. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnmOJ-IotLo&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 8

Due to the fact that the main historical armament of Il-2 VYA-23 cannon is closed, the main part of the pilots of the red attacking aircraft is going to skip this campaign.
Just keep this in mind ...

It's not closed, it's limited. Just as the SC1000s are limited, which is completely okay with me now that the tank meta has become vastly more important. It's actually important to protect the precious few Vya23/37 sturmoviks now, so they can wreak havoc on those tank columns, which I think is a very interesting concept. Let's just hope that the limited bombers and attackers don't get immediately wasted by people who then proceed to ask how to take off in chat. ^^

I like the planeset very much, probably the most balanced in terms of performance I have seen on TAW, yet. Comparable types of fighters in every map, and the Germans still get their slight advantage by having the F4 as a CM+1 plane, which is totes okay with me. I fully support the decision to leave out the A-5 since that thing is simply ludicrous right now. ^^ The A-3 is very good where it sits right now with the rest of the roster.

Not that I would be strongly against it but what got you to kill the airfield capture by transport plane? I really liked that mechanic to be honest, since it always took a coordinated effort to pull it off, which was one of the more interesting things in my opinion. Was is to emphasize the tank meta? Anyway, will be interesting to see how that plays out. It might make attacks on airfields more rare, but closing frontline airfields will still hamper the enemies ability to defend/attack the front, so maybe not a lot will change in that department. We'll see.

Interesting stuff with the tank meta, I see multiple ways how that might play out. Let's hope we don't get a ton of tied matches. :D

• Upvote 1

It's not closed, it's limited. Just as the SC1000s are limited, which is completely okay with me now that the tank meta has become vastly more important. It's actually important to protect the precious few Vya23/37 sturmoviks now, so they can wreak havoc on those tank columns, which I think is a very interesting concept. Let's just hope that the limited bombers and attackers don't get immediately wasted by people who then proceed to ask how to take off in chat. ^^

In these settings, the rules, who better bombs, the winner. Restriction of VYA-23 deprives the red team of any advantages

In any case, I do not care what the rules are. But other players are turning away from the server because of this skew. And that's bad.

In these settings, the rules, who better bombs, the winner. Restriction of VYA-23 deprives the red team of any advantages

Dude, you don't even know how many VYA-23s will be available and what the impact of destroyed factories/airfields will be on that number. And even if they're rare, VVS has quite a few other tools to kill tanks effectively or about as effective as the LW. Just chill and see how it actually plays out, before you make statements you simply cannot know, yet.

Edit: Kay, if you don't care what the rules are, then there's no need to discuss them. I find it howevery very impressive that you already know how the community responds to the new round before it even started. Mad respect for the uncanny foresight. ^^

Edited by JG4_Etherlight
  • Upvote 7