=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Kathon went on holidays.

As he said, not too many ppl came. We need to do something to atract ppl.

Kind request. Plz, dont only SAY what we should do, help with support, post topics on friendly forums. We dont have access to every damn squadron forum in IL community :) .

I`m afraid we need to start next round with old school set Emil vs Rata plus F-2 and MiG to simulate 41`. It can be some kind of refresh for players and we might be forced to use NavIcon at least for the initial part of the regular campaign to atract ppl.

End justifies the means.

• Upvote 2

Kathon went on holidays.

As he said, not too many ppl came. We need to do something to atract ppl.

Kind request. Plz, dont only SAY what we should do, help with support, post topics on friendly forums. We dont have access to every damn squadron forum in IL community :) .

I`m afraid we need to start next round with old school set Emil vs Rata plus F-2 and MiG to simulate 41`. It can be some kind of refresh for players and we might be forced to use NavIcon at least for the initial part of the regular campaign to atract ppl.

End justifies the means.

Id like to help in my limited time, but the only Il2 Forum Im in, is this one ;) PM me if you need my help Blacky :*

That planeset is avavialbe only for BoM users. Add and G2 and Jak-1 fighters for BoS users. Of course all bombers should be flyable (maybe exept 110)

Unlimited planes from BoM and limited G2 and Jak. Maybe another thing - if someone want to quick actcion - set frontline AF only with BoM planes (I-16, E7).

Regards.

Ramm.

ps. robię co mogę Blak, ale ogólnie BoS i BoM mają kiepską "prasę" i przegrywają z WT i DCS'em jeśli chodzi o granie online ...

why no 110?! .....

It's only my sugestion about 110 ;)

Remember ADW ? A lot of blue at begining, a few ones at the end. Who wanted to fight on G6 against La-7 and I-16 typ 18 against F2 ? Noone.

Let someone who know cyrylic write about TAW in russian speaking part of forum. Maybe it wil help to gather more ppl on server.

Regards.

Ramm.

Edited by IV./JG72_Rammjager

Yes you are rightabout ADW, but the times we fly in now, are well balanced. 

That is only of course, when we have limited Planes, but we can have a Scenario with all planes available and still get some balancing done ;)(Different loadouts etc, rare F4s, many E7s blabla)

Good point with the russian forum, I think thats very important!

Edited by I./JG21-HeTzeR

Yes you are rightabout ADW, but the times we fly in now, are well balanced. 

That is only of course, when we have limited Planes, but we can have a Scenario with all planes available and still get some balancing done ;)(Different loadouts etc, rare F4s, many E7s blabla)

Good point with the russian forum, I think thats very important!

But how you want to limit F4's, I mean everyone joining server that have choice beetwen F4 and E7 will pick F4 for sure, so at the begining everyone will fly F4's and then when all get destroyed only players with BoM will be flying ...

By forums I mean squadron forums, sites, etc.

Guys there was a poll about the planeset and by major decision of users BoM planeset is welcome.

G-2 vs Yak-1 is a more than bad choice.

Yak-1 vs 109 F-4 is more than boring nowadays.

About the "cirilics". 

There is a info on their part of the forum but I`m afraid they have own projects and they wont be fancy to participate in bigger groups in something, where they cant be decisive at the crucial points.

Do I care ? No.

Do I miss h2h primitive fire ? No.

Do I miss cirilic letters on chat ? No.

Do I miss intentional ramming ? No. 

They have own swamp where they can play in their own special disabled way and its fine.
Cool and inteligent russian speaking players from RED and BLUE side will be always welcome and they will definitly find a way to join the campaign.

• Upvote 3

It is sad, how everybody matches planes. Superior pilot can beat superior plane, and average team will beat superior pilot. That is how it works. Invite squadrons, don't put limitations on BOM and you will have enough people. BOM is not on steam yet (I checked this morning) and I can't fly with you. So many of my own squad, too. Start the first campaign in BOS and then implement BOM. Stop matching planes - it is team that wins. 

Edited by II/JG53Wolf_Ettel
  • Upvote 1

I know we are now looking at new servers to populate when our own is not up and I like the campaign style missions your running. Is there any AI flying in case there's no one in the server at the time our squad joins....

I know we are now looking at new servers to populate when our own is not up and I like the campaign style missions your running. Is there any AI flying in case there's no one in the server at the time our squad joins....

No ai so far

Hi.

You don't have time to finish script for TAW or just abandon this project ?

If new script is not ready run old one to keep server alive IMHO.

Ramm.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

TAW isn't abandoned of course :) . New campaign is delayed because of lack of free time and script complex. But I plan to run it this Sunday 8th May. Detailed info soon.

• Upvote 2

Hi.

Just wondering if I have Il2 BOS premium only will I be able to participate?

New TAW campaign starts 19:00 UTC on 12.05

What's new:

1. Planes limitation: Pilot has limited number of planes and he doesn't loose it if sortie status is "LANDED", "IN FLIGHT" or "ON GROUND". Pilot may land on any friendly airfield. You may check actual friendly airfields and available number of planes on taw.stg2.de (in pilot details).

After three pilot's sorties witch last at least 20min and ended with status "LANDED" or "IN FILIGHT" one plane will be recovered (plane with minimum available number). Information about available planes is refreshed after each mission. Please check out before mission if you may use this type of plane. You will be automatically kick by the server if you choose unavailable plane.

planes_limitation.jpg

(Table updated on 11.05)

2. Capture airfield: You may capture enemy airfield by landing on it by three  bombers in current mission. Bombers Pe-2 ser.87/ser.35, He 111 H-6 and Ju 88 A-4 must have 100% fuel and no bombs (they may have turrets). It's recommended to destroy AA on enemy airfield to make landings safer ;) You may also close airfield by destroying hangars, fuel and static planes on it mission before.  Only airfields with "Attack!" icon on the  game map may be captured by bombers. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 3

There is dedicated TAW TeamSpeak server with channels for Allies and Axis and different languages. I was thinking about adding your squadrons channels and setting up whispers between them to introduce more organized and cooperative way of flying. 

TAW TeamSpeak is supported by Tides of War team (http://www.tidesofwar.net/). Thanks guys!

TS address: tidesofwar.net:9992

TS password: available t in game mission briefing. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your work and effort to bring us TAW, we needed something like this for BoS.

"HR" enjoyed it a lot yesterday night. :joy::good:

• Upvote 1

After three pilot's sorties witch last at least 20min and ended with status "LANDED" or "IN FILIGHT" one plane will be recovered (plane with minimum available number). Information about available planes is refreshed after each mission. Please check out before mission if you may use this type of plane. You will be automatically kick by the server if you choose unavailable plane.

So when I lost all my three Fw - there is no way to get them back ?

Ramm.

If I understood it correctly, it works like this:

Say you have a full hangar of aircraft, then you fly the Fw-190 and because of flak, a bad engagement and a take-off accident you lose all three. If you then fly successful three sorties on any other aircraft you still own (for example, Bf-109F), one Fw-190 will come back. Another three - one more Fw-190, and so on :)

Yes - you need to fly three 20 min missions where you land or end mid flight (end of map) to get one of the planes back - it will be the plane that you have the least off - in your case the FW190.

I also ran out of Il2s and hopefully I got one back with my Lagg missions last night.

I am terrible at ground attack, need to do some training  :mellow:

Correct :)

I have added "Battle Sorties" in pilot's details which indicates number of min. 20min sorties with "Landed" or "In flight" result. For example Battle Sorties = 2/3 means that you have flown 2 Battle Sorties out of 3 and after another one 1 plane will be recovered.

There is also a bug: if you destroy your aircraft during landing your sortie result is "DITCHED" but script count it as "LANDED", so you don't loose your airplane. It will be fixed next time :)

Thx, for today flights coconut, Xenos, Sag and the guys from the oposite side.

Like you can see we are moving forward with small steps.

If you have any advices or comments, feel free to share here your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

That was a pleasure Blakhart! I'll be back whenever I can, typically monday and wednesday evenings, probably also sunday.

One thing that was brought up was getting messages when one's objective is being attacked. Preferably with a delay, so that the attackers get a chance to do a quick attack and exit.

My personal favourite would be moving convoys during the mission, but I understand that's probably harder to set up in a script. I would also like to see the villages. Right now there's only the shadows, the buildings themselves are missing.

• Upvote 1

The server got stuck in the end of a mission just now.

i can also confirm that the cities and towns dont have building models, just the texture, which makes them very difficult to spot (we need them for dead reckoning) specially the towns that are full of trees (its very hard to see the ground texture on towns with lots of tree models in them)

Other than that,  what an awesome server and even greater concept!!

Was a fun ride Blakhart, and sorry for bumping into you :/

Love the idea behind the server and looking forward to seeing what you guys do with it. Will certainly jump on it more often.

Yes - you need to fly three 20 min missions where you land or end mid flight (end of map) to get one of the planes back - it will be the plane that you have the least off - in your case the FW190.

Queastion:

That 3 sorties should be flied in a row or just three from a few ?

Example:

I've flied 6 mission yesterday.

1- ditched - bad take off  :P

2 - in flight - server ends (too short to count)

3 - landed - >20 min long - counted

4 - bailed out - not counted

5 - ditched - damaged and bad landing - not counted

6 - in flight - server ends (too short to count).

So according to rules - I have only one mission counted to get back my Fw190 or have not any ?

Another question:

Which aircraft will be recovered first if more than one type is missing ? In my case I lost all Fw and two G2 - which one I get back first ?

I have an idea.

Let's trade.

I'm fighter pilot. I do not need He-111, Ju-88 or 87, 110 neither.

I can trade two ju-87 for one Fw190, one He-111, Ju-88 for one Fw190, 110 for 109G2  :biggrin:

Anyone interested ? ;)

I am terrible at ground attack, need to do some training  :mellow:

Yea, sure  :lol:

I've tried to shoot You down in a few passes till two ŁaGG's came in  - and You still flying  :)

More such il2 pilots on the server and blue pilots will loose quickly :biggrin:

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

Rammjager, nice job dispatching me and my MiG-3 over Peskovatka yesterday! You came so close while shooting that I seriously thought we'd collided until I checked later, turns out it was just good gunnery on your end :biggrin:

Rammjager, nice job dispatching me and my MiG-3 over Peskovatka yesterday! You came so close while shooting that I seriously thought we'd collided until I checked later, turns out it was just good gunnery on your end :biggrin:

„Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer...”  :biggrin:  :biggrin: 

Major Thomas B. "Tommy" McGuire, USAAF

Second scoring USAAF Ace, WW-II

38 Victory

Ramm.

i just hope this server becomes the most populated server! :D i love the dynamic campaign and cant wait to see what the future will bring :D

There was problem with internet connection. Server is running right now!

Regarding the buildings in the cities there is one problem: converting mission from text file to binary file with buildings takes about 2-3 minutes. If it is no problem for you to wait a few minutes (now it's only 45sec) between maps then I can add buildings.

JG700_Rammjager you don't have to fly 3 battle missions in a row. Any new battle mission sum up with the rest. If two or more aircraft have the same minimal number then you recover one in random way.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 1

Let's make it happen! :)

Kathon, for me it's no problem to way 2-3 minutes for that. Most of the time when the mission ends people go for a bathroom/water/smoking/coffee break so anything between 2 and 5 minutes makes no difference.

Edited by 55IAP_Lucas_From_Hell
  • Upvote 1

There was problem with internet connection. Server is running right now!

Regarding the buildings in the cities there is one problem: converting mission from text file to binary file with buildings takes about 2-3 minutes. If it is no problem for you to wait a few minutes (now it's only 45sec) between maps then I can add buildings.

JG700_Rammjager you don't have to fly 3 battle missions in a row. Any new battle mission sum up with the rest. If two or more aircraft have the same minimal number then you recover one in random way.

I wouldnt mind waiting either for the buidings to load, i think theyre very important! :D thanks for listening

just confirming, is this server always on so I can fly at any time or only for a specific time? Given I'm based in Aust (GMT +10) its extremely difficult for me to make any sort of European time zone missions. And is there AI as well? (trucks, trains, tanks, etc)

Edited by TOGPharoah

just confirming, is this server always on so I can fly at any time or only for a specific time? Given I'm based in Aust (GMT +10) its extremely difficult for me to make any sort of European time zone missions. And is there AI as well? (trucks, trains, tanks, etc)

Yes, server is running 24h. There are ground targets: tracks, tanks, anti-tanks, AA etc but there aren't any AI planes.

Location of the server is central Germany.

If I did not live on the other side of the planet I would be in for sure.

My ping to most European servers is 400+