=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

You are welcome :)

Guys remember to zoom in the map on the airfield to select fighter or bomber. There are two spawn points very close each other and each airfield.

Hi to all.

I have a question is there a way to rearm and refuel or do we have to respawn?

Map is easy to get lost. Even for real pilot ;-) Maybe have towns on it?

PS not lost just uncertain of position for about 80% of time

I fly PE 2 and I was confused by the targets, what effects does bombing of a listed town do. Does it help the war effort bombing a town?

How many bombs are needed to disable a airfield for 20 min. ?

I fly PE 2 and I was confused by the targets, what effects does bombing of a listed town do. Does it help the war effort bombing a town?

How many bombs are needed to disable a airfield for 20 min. ?

You may bomb airfields (those with damage info) or defense positions (arch icon). To close airfield you have to destroy most (more than 80%) of the hangars, fuels and static planes. Fuels and static planes can be destroyed also by fighters. Bombs are needed for hangars. How many bombs? I think 3 big bombs (1000kg and more) should be enough to destroy hangars and fuels. 

If the airfield is closed the supply convoy is send. If it arrives the airfield will be repaired for the next two missions. Then it will be open.

• Upvote 1

Small bug at the stats page: When you sort by flight time, ignores second number and sort only the first.  For instance 8h-7h-7h-...3h-10h...

I flew ten hours until now, mainly bomber runs and  I  enjoy it!

Keep up the good work and thank you! :)

Small bug at the stats page: When you sort by flight time, ignores second number and sort only the first.  For instance 8h-7h-7h-...3h-10h...

Thanks for the info we will fix it.

We are working now at detailed sorties. You will be able to check what happened during each sorties.

Front line news:

After two virtual months of fight Axis captured almost all the cities, but the latest Allied counter attack gave them new hope after recapturing airfield near Stalingrad. Allied lost almost 1000 ground units in total so far and 89 planes and Axis lost only 300 ground units and 139 planes. Now all depends on you!

We added detailed info about sorties on the web site. Click on selected sortie to see details. It's still under developing so not everything is working.

And one more thing: Brace yourself! Winter is coming! ;)

Some raw record from TAW.

Last defenders ;)

Join the Tactical Air War server. 
New map, winter, update.

Be aware that on every airfield you have 2 spawns, so zoom the map to choose fighters or bombers.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Upvote 2

I flew a mission here yesterday, taking a Bf-109 G2 with bomb to strike the armored convoy but I couldn't find it next to the town. Are the convoys moving. I followed the road from north to south but I just could not locate it. Just curious if targets are moving and if they are taken out already do they disappear from map or will the dead carcasses stay put!

Edited by II./JG53_Badger

I flew a mission here yesterday, taking a Bf-109 G2 with bomb to strike the armored convoy but I couldn't find it next to the town. Are the convoys moving. I followed the road from north to south but I just could not locate it. Just curious if targets are moving and if they are taken out already do they disappear from map or will the dead carcasses stay put!

Convoys don't move. I have checked the logs and this convoy was severely damage mission before your sortie. So it must have been destroyed by someone else before you arrive on G2. Icons don't disappear on the map if all objects are destroyed. 

Hi Kathon,

what happed to in the future?

There will be depots?

we need more red Pilots ;-)

what happed to in the future? There will be depots?

Whats the Status on Planesets? Or at least limited Ressources? Having infinte Airplanes is a little...boring :D

We plan to add:

- another map (east of Stalingrad)

- depots 

- planes limitation

- ability to capture enemy airfield by destroying AA and landing "supply planes" on it.

TAW server wasn't very popular this time. There were hardly more than 10 people on the server at the same time. If we set planes from BOM exclusively at the beginning of the campaign and then add better BOS planes there would be even less people because not everybody has BOM. It's not funny to fly without enemy and empty server doesn't attract people. Many people joined the server and flew only once and never join the sever again. It means that this kind of server isn't the most favorite for them.

Another think is lack of Allied pilots but don't think we can't find remedy for that. 

• Upvote 1

I think many people dont know about the Server and the ones who join, dont know what to do(maybe) 

You can simply limit the amount of planes available( maybe even try to connect them with depots etc) and keep all planes available for now ( so the bos only guys can fly too) 

Edited by I./JG21-HeTzeR

TAW server wasn't very popular this time. There were hardly more than 10 people on the server at the same time. If we set planes from BOM exclusively at the beginning of the campaign and then add better BOS planes there would be even less people because not everybody has BOM. It's not funny to fly without enemy and empty server doesn't attract people. Many people joined the server and flew only once and never join the sever again. It means that this kind of server isn't the most favorite for them.

Another think is lack of Allied pilots but don't think we can't find remedy for that. 

I think that main problem is navigation on that kind of server.

Most ppl want quick combat. Enter the serwer, take off - 2 min fly to combat area -shoot down some or being shoot. End. Few times and quit.

TAW is not for that kind of ppl.

I have large experience in navigation on full real serwers, and I find navigation on BoS map very difficult and absorbing a lot of pilot attention. 

After a quick combat (combat - hmm ... I was escaping, they are going after me :-P )with two yaks I have no idea where I was. Thanks God - mission ends :-D

Find anything in TAW is rather hard. Winter maps are better, but summer and autumn ones is a nigtmare ...  

I have no idea what will happen when Moscow map will apear on TAW. There are a lot of small forest and rivers.

Maybe You should  - if it is possible - turn on icon of player plane (and only player icon) on map. Maybe a few ppl wil come and stay a bit longer than one or two missions.

Sorry for my English, last time I've wrote such amout of words two or three years ago :-)

Regards.

Ramm.

DONT turn on Navigation Icons ;) 

And this is not me speaking cause I know how to do it, but because the hard settings, will someday payoff.

We have to teach all them new guys how it was done on ADW ;)

Dont give up!...yet

• Upvote 1

I don't get it why ppl still prefer servers like wings of liberty to play than TAW. Wings of Liberty is just pointless fast dogfight and nothing else, okay It may be ok If you don't have much time and just want to fight a little, but c'mon they have full servers in the evenings and TAW is empty ... So if ppl in BoS community much more prefer fast dogfight and pointless map wining, then maybe there is no place for servers like TAW here ... sadly :( 

.. i like TAW serwer only because  "hard " settings, people who like challenge will join it . Navigation is not so hard just set way points and follow them you will

never lost, if you are  lost climb at 3-4 km , after all i'am just noob pilot but  is working for me,,, so it will work for vets too.

Edited by szuszu
  • Upvote 1

We have to teach all them new guys how it was done on ADW ;)

Dont give up!...yet

Teaching is a progress  ;)

You don't teach anything to anyone if You don't have anyone to teach  :P

Maybe You, me and rest of players who enjoyed TAW don't need nav icon. But a few new players need to.

For them navigation is for now pointless cuz they want pure actions and dogfight's. But, by learning them (in ADW style) how to fly on that kind of serwer - we give them chance to fly and fight more real.

I think, in time, they will learn a lot about navigation and when TAW turn off nav icon - they will stay.

It easy to run one map with nav icon. Last map ends in a week (or so).

One more time  - only icon of player plane on the map - nothing more (if it is possible). 

Regards.

Ramm.

Edited by IV./JG72_Rammjager

I agree.

Dont turn on GPS nor icons and other help.

We need immersive kind of gameplay as real as possible.

My squad expect lot of fun experience on TAW.

Your server is pretty. Keep going on.

Regards

Well first try to spread the word out so everyone knows this Server exists.

maybe start a special fly-in on some date, and post it in the General Discussion, others did it as well...

Open Poll if NavIcons should be on for ONE Map only or not...

And then we´ll see ;) 

I know that 90% of the old german community does not know about this or doesnt even fly Bos anymore since its...complex ;)

So we have to attract the new guys for it :) 

• Upvote 1

..If they can't learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn  :P 

Actually its fun to flight over the battlefield area doesn"t matter in fighter or bomber( i wish see in BOS/BOM series some recon planes),

but for many its importatnt to bomb target or shoot plane. So to gather more ppl on serwer You could try different modes/setups but in

my humble opinion off GPS is good way to go..

Edited by szuszu