=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

13 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Hello all, @=LG=Kathon, it's good to be back :).

Could you take a look as to why 99.15% damage to a tank does not destroy it?
http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2733&name=StG77_HvB

We have also other examples of 89% damage and no destruction. 
http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2681&name=StG77_Kondor

Thank you - and again great to be back.

I have no idea why but I think that those tanks needs 100% damage to be destroyed. The second tank was damaged later after you by four different players and was finally destroyed by JG51_Ogg after receiving 100% damage in total.

The first tank was only damaged by HvB in 99.15% so I assume that because it wasn't 100% there was no destroyed event in the log files.

13 minutes ago, OpticFlow said:

Paratroopers landing in DZ is not being reported in game (message is missing). Looking in the mission logs on the web site, there is indeed successful landing but we had no message in game.

Please provide mission number and DZ sector. I will check it.

Is there anyway to tell if a transport/resupply sortie is actually successful?  That is, the destination airfield actually received an increase in supply level?

I tried my hand at some JU-52 transport sorties last night but they were all longer than 15 minutes and the details on the sortie on the TAW website do not indicate any information beyond the following: spawn, takeoff, landing, experienced received, and combat mission rewarded.  Would there be a difference in experienced received say for example if I forgot to load supplies in the JU-52 flying from one field to another?

Can we have a message added in the TAW sortie log that indicates actually supply added to destination airfield? 

Edited by SCG_Limbo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I have no idea why but I think that those tanks needs 100% damage to be destroyed. The second tank was damaged later after you by four different players and was finally destroyed by JG51_Ogg after receiving 100% damage in total.

The first tank was only damaged by HvB in 99.15% so I assume that because it wasn't 100% there was no destroyed event in the log files.

Please provide mission number and DZ sector. I will check it.

Mission #15: http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=15

2x Ju-52 dropped paras at DZ Kalinin, sector 313-1.

I just landed a crippled aircraft at a friendly field. I could see on the map the field was closed, but I thought it was due to front-line closure for player imbalance. In fact it was 'grey' on the TAW web site, I guess due to damage. So my sortie counted as ditched. This is frustrating, because I could have limped a little further to another field. 

Can we make it easier to see from the in-game map which fields are fully closed and will count as a ditch? I can't alt-tab from VR to check the website.

Edited by Alonzo

Theres a lot of bans going on. Tried flying this afternoon connected before everyone and got disconnected in flight.

Tried again an hour ago got set on fire and banned because I couldnt despawn fast enough and burned to death...

Honestly I4m not sure about getting banned for dying its not my favorite novelty.

Just now, Alonzo said:

I just landed a crippled aircraft at a friendly field. I could see on the map it was closed, but I thought it was due to front-line closure for player imbalance. In fact it was 'grey' on the TAW web site, I guess due to damage. So my sortie counted as ditched, when I could have limped a little further to another field. 

Can we make it easier to see from the in-game map which fields are fully closed and will count as a ditch? I can't alt-tab from VR to check the website.

I believe you can read the AF status in the Mission Briefing when you open the map in-game.

Just now, OpticFlow said:

I believe you can read the AF status in the Mission Briefing when you open the map in-game.

Can you be more vague? I took off with another guy and he didn't get disconnected on the first flight even tho I joined before him and spawned at the same time.

very balanced missions, really good. i know its not perfect, but the gameplay really benefits.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OpticFlow said:

That's kind of difficult to do when nursing a shot up engine, flying in VR where you can't read jack and need to take hands off controls to fumble for the mouse. I'm just suggesting that there be a visible difference in the airfield icons on the map.  Maybe that's difficult with the new translucent icons in the game (not TAW admin's fault). Anyhow, it's just a suggestion, I will take more care in future and brief myself on closed airfields before takeoff.

So currently flying for the Russians and the runways all have "locked" I-16s. Can we spawn in these?

32 minutes ago, Bork_ said:

So currently flying for the Russians and the runways all have "locked" I-16s. Can we spawn in these?

Yes, "locked" refers to the possible loadouts.  No cannons.

• Thanks 1

Hey, I do not want to be a pain but I was flying today and got disconected out of sudden, not sure if it was server kicking me or I just lost conection idk, but I lost my 30 minute flight because of it. It was not intentional in any way I doing a last patrol before heading back to land and well... I had shot down an enemy on the sortie and for me every kill counts (they are hard for me to get you see) So if there's anything that could be done, thanks, if not it's ok as well, just thought I should at least try. 
https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5396&name=SCG_Faerber

A really weird thing happened to my mate Geo in his sortie stats.

He had a normal sortie, a bit of combat but he wasn't hit, later on landed normally. Yet in the sortie stats it says his plane was destroyed not even 1 minute after spawning, and the pilot killed. And then when he landed it says he crashed. Really weird bug.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=6056&name=-=PHX=-Geo-

Is there a way he can have his previous points restored?

• Upvote 1

That is not a TAW issue. It is general.    I was on a different server yesterday flying a PE2 and someone taxied onto the runway as I was on finals and in my attempt to avoid him I mushed down into the trees causing 50% damage and not even reaching the airfield yet I was awarded a 'Landed Safely'.  Next sortie landing another PE2 at the same airfield, no damage as it was just a ferry flight,  I landed it safely and gently on the runway but had a small ground loop just before stopping with nothing getting broken, 5% damage, and was told I had made a forced landing.

5 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

That is not a TAW issue. It is general.    I was on a different server yesterday flying a PE2 and someone taxied onto the runway as I was on finals and in my attempt to avoid him I mushed down into the trees causing 50% damage and not even reaching the airfield yet I was awarded a 'Landed Safely'.  Next sortie landing another PE2 at the same airfield, no damage as it was just a ferry flight,  I landed it safely and gently on the runway but had a small ground loop just before stopping with nothing getting broken, 5% damage, and was told I had made a forced landing.

This one its diferent like yours, i flew like 21 min nobody touch me and i made a perfect land, in game nothing weird message appear about my land or any else,  just said  succeful landing, so when go to the TAWs web i saw that im killed and that flew 1 min and die. Got the record about that succefull mision and if you go to my profile you can see that i really flew like 21 min, not one and die :(

Edited by -=PHX=-Geo-

What a crazy night trying to get squad members to join . Kicked and kicked and kicked . Lol  . And wait and wait and then kicked .. Lol .... NUTS . 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, Darbzy said:

You need to go to the IL2 website and change your name and then register on TAW with this exact same new name. 

Most people have their own groups they fly with on Discord or Team speak, try and find some other people on the forums here to hook up with. The problem with having loads of people on one channel and why people tend to avoid the official channels is that there’s always at least one person who smokes crystal meth and won’t wont shut the f#ck up ;)

Terrible way to create a lasting community with dudes in 20 diff locations.  I'd say tell them clear comms or shut up, solves alot of things instead of letting them talk, or use the multiple channels in Discord or TS to coordinate.  You and your buiddies in one channel, the meth head in the other, and quick whisper or jump to the channel to coordinate.  Not hard to coord, or we can continue being lazy and using chat like ace combat.

Edited by Banzaii
  • Upvote 1

Getting stuck at the downloading message and unable to enter the server.  Everyone else on coms couldn't get back into the server when they left.

Map rolled and can get in now.

Edited by =AVG77=Garven

12 часов назад, II./JG77_Con сказал:

What a crazy night trying to get squad members to join . Kicked and kicked and kicked . Lol  . And wait and wait and then kicked .. Lol .... NUTS . 

1. Check the web page for the warning message (axis side is full) before start to connect.

2. Do not try to start on the field if you see the warning text "Over the limit" on the in-game map (if you just entered the server).

For sure it is a pain...But it is more painful for the opponent to play  50 vs 30. Just believe me. 

Edited by Krauz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Banzaii said:

Terrible moyen de créer une communauté durable avec des mecs dans 20 endroits différents. Je dirais: dites-leur clairement les communications ou taisez-vous, résolvez beaucoup de choses au lieu de les laisser parler, ou utilisez les multiples canaux dans Discord ou TS pour coordonner. Vous et vos acheteurs dans un canal, la tête de méthamphétamine dans l'autre et chuchotez ou sautez rapidement sur le canal pour coordonner. Pas difficile à coordonner, ou nous pouvons continuer à être paresseux et à utiliser le chat comme un as de combat.

This game realy need a group and VOIP system, maybe we will see that on the marshal mode ? 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:51 AM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

A really weird thing happened to my mate Geo in his sortie stats.

He had a normal sortie, a bit of combat but he wasn't hit, later on landed normally. Yet in the sortie stats it says his plane was destroyed not even 1 minute after spawning, and the pilot killed. And then when he landed it says he crashed. Really weird bug.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=6056&name=-=PHX=-Geo-

Is there a way he can have his previous points restored?

This is a game bug after the last patch.

I have found workaround for this problem so there shouldn't be more unexpected deaths like this one.

Unfortunately I can't fix your stats :(

• Thanks 3

I would like to report player @-=PHX=-cocho for Kill stealing. @SCG_BOO and I were engaging a i16 and instead of covering the attack he jumped in front our guns and in, the end, made a pass on an i16 that had no more engine (engine dead) and was about 100m from the ground. According to the website, stealing kills is not allowed:

· Don't shoot at enemy aircraft if some else is shooting at it. Don't steal kills

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Krauz said:

For sure it is a pain...But it is more painful for the opponent to play  50 vs 30. Just believe me. 

You are absolutely wrong. This rule just ruin cooperative squadrons while they never meet all of members for some raid.

And there is nothing painfull if i alone meet group of ten enemy organize aircraft. Just believe me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hi

is a Transport Mission with the U-2VS with Rear Gunner possible ?

Normal is witout Weapon but PE2 Heikel 111 has Gunner 

4 hours ago, Axurit said:

This game realy need a group and VOIP system, maybe we will see that on the marshal mode ? 

Nobody wants in game voip for some odd reason.

@=LG=Kathon

I was thinking and perhaps, at the risk of having TAW become WoL with the shoulder shooting, remove the Kill stealing rule? I know it sucks when it happens like just did to me but we risk having this going out of control with people reporting stuff that might not be true kill stealing stuff. We already have that happening with Mr. Kemp here ... so I withdraw my complaint, if that is ok. Poor players that shoulder shoot, dont cover engagements, and steal kills will always be around ... jerks will be jerks so better to just let it be.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

If CamusB455 had complained about this I would have banned Blakhart for sure, but I don't remember he did it (btw one of =LG= member was banned by me for friendly air kill some TAW ago)

I'm not able to know about all events against the rules on the server but if someone pm me or complain on the forum about such behavior I have to do something. Without any measurements rules are pointless. It's not only about punishing the player but also showing others that such behavior has consequences. Maybe they will think twice next time and the overall level of the game player will remain high.

23 minutes ago, nactop said:

Hi

is a Transport Mission with the U-2VS with Rear Gunner possible ?

Normal is witout Weapon but PE2 Heikel 111 has Gunner 

Yes.

20 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

@=LG=Kathon

I was thinking and perhaps, at the risk of having TAW become WoL with the shoulder shooting, remove the Kill stealing rule? I know it sucks when it happens like just did to me but we risk having this going out of control with people reporting stuff that might not be true kill stealing stuff. We already have that happening with Mr. Kemp here ... so I withdraw my complaint, if that is ok. Poor players that shoulder shoot, dont cover engagements, and steal kills will always be around ... jerks will be jerks so better to just let it be.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

OK :)

• Thanks 2

Interesting! I was about to join TAW and it said - BLUE SIDE FULL???

Does that mean someone implemented one of my ideas??? :)

Well since we are on that subject. I will have to agree with SCG_Riksen on this one. 

Last mission, I was trying to be all "Ice-Manish" and get close into an I-16, Right when I was about to open up,  some guy flew in 2 sec burst, I-16s blew up and he flew away. I was so pissed (text book, it was really funny in hindsight).

Should I report that guy too??? I would say no - whoever that was, teach me bro! LOL

@ any LG dev: It seems to me that during EU primetime, when the German faction is traditionally full, the in-game server browser is constantly showing 84/84. However, the TAW website shows many Soviet slots as available (8+). It looks like German faction players are sitting in the server as Spectators waiting for an available slot to open up.. Does this not defeat the purpose of the side balancing? There were three of us Soviet players that couldnt even connect.. Suggestion: Add an idle kick to spectators.. seeing as there is already an idle kick for an afk player spawned. Thanks for the consideration.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, xThrottle_Geek said:

@ any LG dev: It seems to me that during EU primetime, when the German faction is traditionally full, the in-game server browser is constantly showing 84/84. However, the TAW website shows many Soviet slots as available (8+). It looks like German faction players are sitting in the server as Spectators waiting for an available slot to open up.. Does this not defeat the purpose of the side balancing? There were three of us Soviet players that couldnt even connect.. Suggestion: Add an idle kick to spectators.. seeing as there is already an idle kick for an afk player spawned. Thanks for the consideration.

I noticed that too. Good idea there Throttle :)

21 minutes ago, xThrottle_Geek said:

Not a bad idea, I would only suggest that if this is implemented, if we could give it a decent time window before it kicks. It would suck if people started getting kicked when taking a washroom break between sorties or while planning a flyout with squadmates. 

Where is the player balance that people were talking about?

Currently 45 vs 26 in favor of Germans.

It should never be more than say 10-15 percent  example   9 vs 10 or 18 vs 20  It's frustrating and makes people want to something else.

Just enable the pilot profiles for both sides.

2 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Interesting! I was about to join TAW and it said - BLUE SIDE FULL???

Does that mean someone implemented one of my ideas??? :)

Well since we are on that subject. I will have to agree with SCG_Riksen on this one. 

Last mission, I was trying to be all "Ice-Manish" and get close into an I-16, Right when I was about to open up,  some guy flew in 2 sec burst, I-16s blew up and he flew away. I was so pissed (text book, it was really funny in hindsight).

Should I report that guy too??? I would say no - whoever that was, teach me bro! LOL

You mean the guy in the scarlett red I-16?  It's very likely that the E7 that took a quick snapshot was me.  Here's the thing:  I was orbiting high over the fight for what appeared to be a couple of minutes.  In that time, I saw him damaging at least two of you, and it really seemed that the fight was in question, and even though the guy was going to eventually be doomed due to the numbers, he still appeared quite alive and doing very well against the odds.  I decided to dive in and take a shot, in and out, and I was in good position to end the fight once and for all.  In these situations it's a judgement call, and I always try to be careful not to cut someone off, force them to cease fire, or veer away to avoid a collision...I wouldn't have engaged if I thought I was putting any friendlies at a risk of collision or friendly fire.  This is always the problem with the label "kill steal"....it's very subjective.  One guy might be thinking "who the heck just 'stole' my kill," but I I'm thinking, we have to end this fight now so we can all get the heck out of here!  If we had been on comms, I would have announced that the top cover was going to come on down and do what a Bf-109 does best, boom and zoom...I had the energy and the element of surprise.  Even then, if you had opened fire before you passed under my nose, I most likely would have pull off; believe me, I don't want to be flying through your stream of gunfire any more than you want me to!  If I hadn't blown through, you probably would have gotten the kill in the next few seconds, but I had to make the judgement call, I did, the guy went down, and whoever got the kill, it ended it, and gave us all the opportunity to stop fixating on that guy and regaining a larger situational awareness.  Hopefully the guys he damaged were then able to get out of Dodge and get home.  I suggest we all be very careful with the term "kill stealer" because not all situations deserve the label, or are as straight forward to everyone as they seem, and especially if we aren't on comms, we don't always know if another player who appears to be attaining a good shot position is going to be able to close the deal or not.  As we know, the longer a fight like that goes on, the more likely other enemies are going to come in and ruin your day, and that dogfight had been going on too long, imo. If you see me in that same situation, and in your judgement you can blow on through and nail the enemy without putting me in danger of collision or having to veer off, please come in and take the shot!  I might be pissed because I really wanted to be the one to close the deal and get the kill, but I'll know you did the right thing when I consider the larger picture.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 часа назад, 1stCL/pbarry сказал:

You are absolutely wrong. This rule just ruin cooperative squadrons while they never meet all of members for some raid.

And there is nothing painfull if i alone meet group of ten enemy organize aircraft. Just believe me.

Can you fresh my memories and write your RED nickname for the last TAW campaign?

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I'm not able to know about all events against the rules on the server but if someone pm me or complain on the forum about such behavior I have to do something. Without any measurements rules are pointless. It's not only about punishing the player but also showing others that such behavior has consequences. Maybe they will think twice next time and the overall level of the game player will remain high.

Yes, I understand your point; I was just mostly surprised that there was an immediate ban with no warnings to a pilot that does not seem to have any previous violations and without hearing his side of story. Looking at the link, his first pass on the enemy came over 20 seconds after a friendly had attacked it (not exactly shoulder shooting), when the enemy plane had less than 5% damage (over 50% shortly after his pass). Then, once engaged, followed up with another pass 17 seconds later (even if Riksen had also hit the enemy 5 seconds earlier). 

So, maybe it was kill stealing ... but maybe cocho perceived the situation totally differently. In that sense the immediate ban without hearing him was surprising. Who knows, maybe he was trying to make sure that the pilot gets killed (he survived) that is kind of encouraged on this server.

Anyway, keep up the good work with this dynamic war! :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1