=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

And that's the draw.  :)

Well fought, Red.  Thanks for a great campaign, everyone, and to =LG= for setting up another amazing season.   See you all in the skies soon. 

7 minutes ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

Thanks =LG= for this Campaign! Had it's ups and downs, but in the end it was still fun to fly! See you all again next round. 

+1

We got the most fighter cover in Campaign 16 we've ever experienced, and life was good. A sincere Thank You to 666GIAP, SCG - especially Polo, =PHX=-Geo, DirtyRotnFlieger, and last but definitely not least, the newly-formed =AVG=77, who hit many targets alongside StG77 and shot so many monkeys off our backs I can't remember them all..

Contents: Pretty Girls, Ground Attacks, Awesome Air Cover, some Serious A-20B Tank Slaying, and the usual plague of Suicide Jockeys.

Edited by StG77_HvB
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Indeed, it was my first TAW and I had some absolutely fabulous experience. On the other hand, I am so glad it is over so I can sleep better now.

• Like 2

My first start to finish TAW and I thoroughly enjoyed it ! Learned a lot and can’t wait for the next one !

....AKA Player-4489

Any chance we can do a Google doc sign up with squads - number and tz so we can get a more balanced number overall. Then we could have a more fluid process where squads could change sides of necessary

• Upvote 1

Thank you =LG= team and specially Kathon for another TAW!

War is over, what a fun map last Kuban was. I hope next TAW has more balanced fights like the ones we had during map #8, very long and close map with a decisive mission yesterday when VVS sunk 9 ships and LW only 2, giving us the victory right there by preventing LW getting more planes: mission #486 => https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=486

We managed to get a draw but it really feels like a victory after all the struggle from first 6 maps against all odds. So congratulations VVS for maps #7 and #8!. Also congrats to squads =Red Flight & Friends= and =19FAB= for their effectiveness during early maps #2 and #3; and special thanks to =FPS=Cutlass and his mates ( Mincer, Resh and others) and the whole =KK= squad, imo the most important people flying TAW, the side who has Cutlass and =KK= has always a good chance to win it; not only they are great pilots but also know what's important to do everytime; was a pleasure to share TS with you and join the most dangerous and difficult missions deep into enemy territory.

Last but not least, my dear friends from spanish speaking community =HR=Tofolo and =HR=Zunzun who always join us 666GIAP in TS for very fun times of talks and flights. 

LW was as always a very tough opponent, and also the conditions were really difficult. I hope for next TAW edition admins take note of all the recomendations we wrote here specially regarding team balance and wining conditions.

And the Oscar goes to :biggrin:

Salute you all, looking forward to more stress and killing each other next edition.

:drinks:

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Great campaign even though there were major patch struggles. Arguably the most balanced one since a very very long time. Respect to every Pilot who kept flying despite having a nice streak going.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

=19FAB= also wants to thank all the Pilots for the nice Campaign...

And we are looking forward to meet at the next one.

Wishing you all Good Luck, Pilots!

P.S.: Chimango - thx for nice words. And of course thx for your job also !

Cya all 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Great campaign even though there were major patch struggles. Arguably the most balanced one since a very very long time. Respect to every Pilot who kept flying despite having a nice streak going.

Emphasis added by me. Couldn't agree more!

Great campaign with plenty of ups and downs for me, but overall a great time. Personal records were broken, but best of all was the time spent with new and old kameraden/tovarishes. Things can get snarky and poisonous on this forum (and will be within 24 hours of no TAW :lol:) but let's all enjoy this one fleeting moment where everyone is happy and there is no salt to be found!

PS. I was going to post it separately but a big thank you to HvB. Not only did he recently publish an absurdly detailed handbook specifically tailored to ground attackers on this server, he already had the campaign highlights video ready for everyone to enjoy. The guy is obsessed...I mean relentless!

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I have to say that I really enjoyed the sense of cooperation on the VVS side. There were a lot of people in TS, and everybody was willing to work together and offer help to achieve the victory. Special thanks to KupiKolesa aka KK, 666GIAP and Cutlass. When I bought the game in September I thought that multiplayer was dead... Long live IL-2 multiplayer!

For me the highlight was the very first map. The fierceness of those fights was simply unprecedented, and it was incredibly close.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

and there is no salt to be found!

Want me to try? :biggrin:

swimmingpoolsalt.jpg.pagespeed.ce.J7eRHC

PS. gj on those tanks Kondor, and nice finding out your boricua accent in TS. S! m8

• Haha 2

Поздравляю всех пилотов с окончанием очередного TAW ! Спасибо красным сквадам и пилотам, которые отзывались на взаимодействие и совместные операции ! Было очень захватывающе, летать в логово "врага" выполнять задачу.

This was by far the most fun I have had in Tactical Air War and I particularly liked the balanced feel of the last map and it's plane sets and loadout options. I wanted to recognize the StG77 crew for doing a great job in the mud moving campaign. It was great flying with you all and it helped my guys gain experience providing air cover and flying bombing formations. This was the first TAW for our newly formed squadron =AVG77= which we founded on December 7th, 2018. I'm lucky to have a great bunch of guys to fly with and they did very well in this campaign. I look forward to bringing our new pilots online and flying in the next one. 

Thank you LG squadron for putting on TAW and many thanks to all of its supporters and participating pilots. 

Edited by =AVG77=ShadowHawk*
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to everyone for a great campaign! Despite painting the Volga red with blood of our enemies (more than 1000 kills for LG!) in the end it was a deserved draw! Well played and see you soon!

3 hours ago, =AVG77=ShadowHawk* said:

This was by far the most fun I have had in Tactical Air War and I particularly liked the balanced feel of the last map and it's plane sets and loadout options. I wanted to recognize the StG77 crew for doing a great job in the mud moving campaign. It was great flying with you all and it helped my guys gain experience providing air cover and flying bombing formations. This was the first TAW for our newly formed squadron =AVG77= which we founded on December 7th, 2018. I'm lucky to have a great bunch of guys to fly with and they did very well in this campaign. I look forward to bringing our new pilots online and flying in the next one. 

Thank you LG squadron for putting on TAW and many thanks to all of its supporters and participating pilots. 

Ditto.  Thank you to LG for putting up TAW.  Thanks to =AVG77= for inviting me to join and fly with some great guys.   And...  Thanks to StG77_HvB for naming me in the video even though I'm (mostly) sure I'm the one =AVG77= not in it.  I'll take credit for that nice Pe-2 landing at the end - if no one objects!  :lol:

:salute:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thank you for all your hard work .

Cant  be easy with the patches while in campaign . Thank you 

Thanks LG for another great TAW campaign.  Your willingness to listen and make logical changes is appreciated.  I hope that some of the recent suggestions in this thread are taken to heart and applied to the next round.  This of course includes dealing with the paratrooper miss-match (i.e. one sided) functionality, to make it more fair for both sides, esp with the introduction of the Po-2.

Also, one more suggestion - any chance of having a map #9 with the introduction of more of the BoBp aircraft? Also, this would force a winner since there could no longer be a 4-to-4 outcome! :).

Thank you Reds for all your help, to Kondor and the entire SGT77, is our pleasure cover you bomber rides.

Also FPS boys, we made new friends. Next time I promise to put all the names.

Rambo/ Artur a great wingman on many missions.

To the Halcones Rojos and REDEYE camardas de mil batallas, GRACIAS TOTALES

Congratulations reds for the DRAW, 

LG team thanks for you time and keep doing.

Edited by ECV56_Necathor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We would like to thank all of you who donated the last Tactical Air War.   

StG77_HvB thank you for your big donation

donate_taw16.PNG.PNG.1e434b8bc1656b6c6fe4d293ca159dc6.PNG

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

20 years ago if you wanted to fly online you had to PAY by the hour, and it wasn't cheap. In 2001 IL-2 changed everything. I'm very grateful for the game, and especially this server, that costs money and lots of work to maintain and develop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I will like to thank DEVs very much for your effort and the time you invested so that this server will be the best in quality and fun. 

Thank you for keeping the dream alive!

On 1/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, DerSheriff said:

More stuff for the website:

I would like to see the AK and Gk streak for squadrons removed in the squadron overview. Imho they serve no purpose and are not rewarded at the end of the campaign.
Nor is it a good indicator of the squadron skill.
I would propose its replaced with the squadrons Ak and Gk and add tank score. You know this one:

This way you can even sort by those stats and you can see who is 6th in the correspondent stat.

Another one:

imho this entire section can be moved further down. Below the map, the cities. Statisics are nice but not the most important stuff. You need the map regularly and I have to scroll down to see the players online, the map and cities and stuff.
Move the stats down and the functionality of the site goes up.

At least my 2 cents.

Cheers.

I will see. 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, E69_Qpassa said:

Hello,

I am interested in translating the TAW Website to Spanish. Could you give me some information?

Regards

I will PM you.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, I./JG62_Knipser said:

Flying as rear gunner is prohibited on this server. There are several reasons for that. Usually i would just say, read the manual. I just checked the manual, and that point is missing!  @=LG=Kathon could you maybe add this line to the manual to avoid confusion about the rear gunner rule? thanks

The main reason is that it requires additional work and time to handle the gunners. My assumption was that majority will fly as pilots not as gunners. I will add it to he manual.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jr_Lt_Tatanov said:

Dear TAW, is it possible to remove USA Navy or RAF aircraft skins for the next TAW? For realistic coherence?

Cheers, 

If only it's possible.

Thank you all for taking part in this TAW campaign. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to everyone for build the TAW. I like it really much it was for me like the old IL2. I hope for the next Campaign.

I am new to Il2 multiplayer. Cut my teeth on TAW and had a great time. I just made a donation. To any friendlies I accidentally shot up, I probably felt worse about it than you. Also, thanks to everyone who was gracious on chat with helpful information. Looking forward to the next campaign. Keep up the great work, devs!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

If only it's possible.

Personally I would like things to stay as they currently are where people are free to choose what default skins they use.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =AVG77=Garven said:

Personally I would like things to stay as they currently are where people are free to choose what default skins they use.

As already mentioned earlier, the option to disable certain default skins simply does not exist in the Dedicated-Server settings.  Please don't start a discussion about things that aren't even implemented in the game-software itself! Just search for "technochat" in this thread and you will maybe understand what my concern is. 😂😂 

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

As already mentioned earlier, the option to disable certain default skins does not exist in the Dedicated-Server settings.  Please don't start a discussion about things that simply aren't even implemented in the game-software itself! Just search for "technochat" in this thread and you will maybe understand what my concern is. 😂😂 

IIRC In RoF the mission maker could lock skins so that certain aircraft at certain airfields had to be flown with a specific skin chosen by the mission maker.  Figured it would work the same way in this game as the game uses an advanced version of the RoF engine and the mission editors are very similar.

Edited by =AVG77=Garven

Hi everyone! I was one of the newbies making weird questions on the last few weeks. I am new to game and to this server and I found it absolutely amazing. I have a long experience in other ww2 flight simulators, but I was completely new on IL2 just a few weeks ago. What you guys did here is unheard of. I saw large scale operations working as planned, people helping each other, good coordination, and really good role models to follow. And I am not even able to connect to TS, so I was just getting the info from the in-game chat.

I really enjoyed doing supply missions while improving my navigation skills, and support bombers on big operations. My identification skills are still not as good as they should but I managed not kill anyone and mostly fly without friendly fire incidents (yes... i would get very close to be sure what I was looking at before starting to fire, which might have caused some chill on the other pilots, sorry about that). Exception on a friendly - but unlucky - truck (i already sent flowers to the families)

Thanks to all the veterans that gave me guidance and support, and to my enemies you taught me even more by shooting me down mercilessly (exception made to =19FAB=Fin who actually let me live after I begged for my life  :)). I hope you guys keep doing what you are doing and, on my part, I will be getting ready and improving my skills to be more useful to my team on the next campaign. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

48 minutes ago, antpaisvieira said:

Hi everyone! I was one of the newbies making weird questions on the last few weeks. I am new to game and to this server and I found it absolutely amazing. I have a long experience in other ww2 flight simulators, but I was completely new on IL2 just a few weeks ago. What you guys did here is unheard of. I saw large scale operations working as planned, people helping each other, good coordination, and really good role models to follow. And I am not even able to connect to TS, so I was just getting the info from the in-game chat.

I really enjoyed doing supply missions while improving my navigation skills, and support bombers on big operations. My identification skills are still not as good as they should but I managed not kill anyone and mostly fly without friendly fire incidents (yes... i would get very close to be sure what I was looking at before starting to fire, which might have caused some chill on the other pilots, sorry about that). Exception on a friendly - but unlucky - truck (i already sent flowers to the families)

Thanks to all the veterans that gave me guidance and support, and to my enemies you taught me even more by shooting me down mercilessly (exception made to =19FAB=Fin who actually let me live after I begged for my life  :)). I hope you guys keep doing what you are doing and, on my part, I will be getting ready and improving my skills to be more useful to my team on the next campaign. 

Thank you for your very generous donation

Another season end, and you remember it here http://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

I thought I would do something for everyone: "Forgot TAW"
it is nothing but a copy of the old editions.
If this should be in contrast with the creators of the TAW campaign, contact me and I will eliminate everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ITAF_LG965 said:

Another season end, and you remember it here http://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

If this should be in contrast with the creators of the TAW campaign, contact me and I will eliminate everything.

great idee

I would like to thank all who are involved in TAW.
It was a great campaign with ups and downs for both sides. Some things had changed in the campaign, or had been changed by patches.
We take it as it comes and we do not cry!
A highlight for me personally was the cooperation with the LG and the Finn Squads (triple S Squad) or with the many other pilots who have managed to join the Teamspeak.
Thanks to all admins for your work on the server and in the forums.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, antpaisvieira said:

What a nice and grateful post mate! I also add that it was very nice to see almost inexistent "Hartmanship" during this edition, LW flew very well always focusing on the most important targets which gave place to a lot of memorable and fierce fights.

19 hours ago, ITAF_LG965 said:

This is great man. I asked to admins few editions ago if we could have this, linking in main page the history of all editions (it seems StG2_Raven didn't think it was great idea then :biggrin: ) . So it's great that you are able to do it.

Is it possible to upload previous ones? I see only 15th and 16th editions there. Grazie!

Edited by ECV56_Chimango